Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

This is my first UCS but I feel like stickers kinda sucks for UCS. Printed Bricks, pls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like the wobbly stand that simulates flying low over snowbanks.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It'd be neat to have an oversized minifig that fits...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feenix posted:

This is my first UCS but I feel like stickers kinda sucks for UCS. Printed Bricks, pls.

They all have stickers out the rear end and usually 1 printed part. It's pretty dumb because Lego seems to have no problem printing on parts for much cheaper sets.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Today I drove out of town to an address I found online. There was a bag of lego hidden in the mailbox, I left some cash and drove home.
What have I become?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Besides a felon for stealing mail?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

xzzy posted:

Besides a felon for stealing mail?

I believe the joke here is that he organized an unorthodox craigslist deal, not that he's a felon. :thejoke:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

:thejoke:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ran into the previous (2013?) desert skiff for only a few bucks over retail ($35) at at a local store today so that was cool. Now I'm just the sail barge away from having just about every Jabba related character Lego makes and Disguise Lando was in my top most 5 wanted minifigures, so hell yeah.

Does anyone know if there are any characters that Lego makes that don't appear in these sets, that would belong in or around the palace. (newest version of all of them) Like, any random aliens/droids or just characters in genreal that might have come in unrelated sets?

Jabbas Palace
Rancor Pit
Desert Skiff
Jabbas Sail Barge

My ultimate goal is to make part of the palace interior and essentially recreate a bunch of oddballs an hidden rebels surrounding JOTH the best that I can, and put it in one of those cases for model cars. Still not sure how I'm going to incorporate the Rancor though, but it needs to be in there.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 23, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Baronjutter posted:

Today I drove out of town to an address I found online. There was a bag of lego hidden in the mailbox, I left some cash and drove home.
What have I become?

Hey, at least you got yours. I bought a toy on eBay yesterday, to pick up today. Seller was in my city, so I figured I'd just go get it rather than pay the expensive shipping he wanted, and he agreed to that.

Get there, and the guy tells me he's cancelled the the sale because he's moving tomorrow (big moving truck outside his house, so I guess it's true) and he's already packed the toy away. Who puts things on eBay the day before they're moving?! :mad:

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
eBay sales are binding, did you agree to the cancelation? Leave that gently caress negative feedback!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Shawn posted:

So I think I have a problem. I buy about 2-3 sets a month, but I haven't built anything in 2 years because we had a baby 2 years ago. I keep buying and not building. I've become one of those Scrooge McDuck Lego hoarders on reddit. I seriously have a stack to the roof of my garage. How do other people deal with falling behind? and also building around babies!

I feel your pain, I am just now re-getting a dedicated building space. I have so much new in box stuff its embarrasing, I feel so hoardy.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

They all have stickers out the rear end and usually 1 printed part. It's pretty dumb because Lego seems to have no problem printing on parts for much cheaper sets.

Yeah, the $10 block heads have 5-6 unique printer blocks each.

But I guess it's really about volume.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

Grabbed a small stack of these in Japan. They give out free mini movie posters there and had hundreds, I think I have around 40. If anyone would like a couple and is willing to pay for postage I'll send em your way.

I sent a PM about these posters, my daughter and I would love a few.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Hopper posted:

Do you guys know about the Lego Batman Movie Magazine for kids? It costs 3.50€ and contains 1 minifig. Is it available in the US?
Over here in Germany, issue 2 was just released that features a Joker minifig similar to the one in the Scuttler and Baloon Escape sets. Issue 1 had a limited classic Batman. I used it as a cheap way to get a classic Batman and am considering pickung up Joker as well.

There's some kind of Lego batman comic magazine we just got in at work and it's $9 and has a barbarian/Scottish Batman minifig with it

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

What have I become?

I once drove up to a house, knocked on a door and a guy in a tank top and track pants handed me a ziplock baggie with 20 grey wheels inside and I handed him a fiver. Lego is literally plastic drugs.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

EvilJoven posted:

I once drove up to a house, knocked on a door and a guy in a tank top and track pants handed me a ziplock baggie with 20 grey wheels inside and I handed him a fiver. Lego is literally plastic drugs.

Based on all the padded envelopes I get delivered yo my house from Bricklink sellers I'm surprised I'm not under surveillance.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

EvilJoven posted:

If I had a truck I could have transported way more lego, it's probably the only thing holding me back!

Actually you can fit a lot of lego in a car if you put the seats down.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

tomapot posted:

Based on all the padded envelopes I get delivered yo my house from Bricklink sellers I'm surprised I'm not under surveillance.

How do you know you're not? :tinfoil:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I get lots of packages from China and have tons of little plastic baggies.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
As long as we are all confessing that we have gone over the edge, I just placed my first ever Bricklink order. $80 for the bricks I need to finish a MOC in the style of the modular creator series that I've been working on for a couple of weeks. My wife does not understand, and I am in the doghouse over it. :(

My kids, who are four and seven, often spend around 2 hours a day playing with legos. We have a corner of our living room that is devoted to legos. We've spent ~$250 annually on sets for the kids for the past three years. Two years ago I bought the Detective's Office Modular building for myself for my birthday. This triggered a memory for my mother of a Christmas 1992, when she bought me Blacktron 2 Aerial Intruder and I was so overwhelmed with joy and gratitude that I broke down in tears. She decided that she wanted to buy me a big set every Christmas now from the Modular Series, so now I have the Brick Bank and Assembly Square also. My kids helped out with putting together the Bank last year, and this year I let them assemble Assembly Square all on their own (I monitored to make sure they didn't make drastic errors. They needed my help only on the garage door window installation.)

And then I got a 32x32 baseplate at the Lego store last month. And then I started to have Ideas. And now I am waiting for a guy in Arizona to ship me hinge plates so I can build more bay windows.

Things are getting Real.

Anyway, here is the MOC work in progress. It's a corner building with a hardware store on one side and an ice cream shop on the other. There will be apartments above, but I have only just started the second floor. Also I discovered last night that photographing Lego is really hard.

Imgur Album

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Would look even better with minifigs

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Hermsgervørden posted:

My wife does not understand, and I am in the doghouse over it. :(

:sever:

lol, I'm a bachelor with crusty jorts. Don't listen to me.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

That looks great!

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

deoju posted:

:sever:

lol, I'm a bachelor with crusty jorts. Don't listen to me.

My wife prepares our taxes every year with zero work on my part (she likes it so much she does volunteer tax preparation for needy people) so I pretty much won the spouse lottery, thanks.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
As someone who is married to another AFOL I say count your blessings your wife doesn't fully support your hobby. When my wife and I got together our Lego collection was worth maybe a few hundred each and now we have thousands of dollars worth of little plastic bricks and a room in our house dedicated to them.

At least Lego holds it's value fairly well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I love that staircase on the right!

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

smackfu posted:

Yeah, the $10 block heads have 5-6 unique printer blocks each.

But I guess it's really about volume.

That's exactly why. Printed parts have way higher setup costs. They don't do printed parts that they can't use over and over again. Anything specific to one set is going to be a sticker.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just need a re-release of the B-wing , proper red/grey X-Wing and snowspeeder (non-UCS) to finish off rebel fleet sets.

:pray:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Jordanis posted:

That's exactly why. Printed parts have way higher setup costs. They don't do printed parts that they can't use over and over again. Anything specific to one set is going to be a sticker.

The new Detroit Steel set is a weird one, because it has a bunch of stickers, but the front bumper and license plate of the car is printed with a unique design that can't really be used in another set.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

I just need a re-release of the B-wing , proper red/grey X-Wing and snowspeeder (non-UCS) to finish off rebel fleet sets.

:pray:

Preferably a good B wing because all the minifigure scale ones have sucked.

I have way to many X Wings but id still totally buy a new updated OT X-wing with the new canopy and maybe some new detail.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 25, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A Bad Poster posted:

The new Detroit Steel set is a weird one, because it has a bunch of stickers, but the front bumper and license plate of the car is printed with a unique design that can't really be used in another set.

I bought that the other day! I made Coulson and Lola, and just stopped. They're basically what I bought the set for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jordanis posted:

Not completely true, the idea sets almost always opt for printed bricks. There's something else to it.. either it has to do with part volume or "collectible" nature of the set or something else I'm not aware of.

Then there's the speed champion sets.

:suicide:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have the entire first run of speed champions stuff and not a single of the second. I should change this.

For all we know Lego might have some super cost effective way of printing but it only accepts certain elements. Who knows.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

xzzy posted:

Not completely true, the idea sets almost always opt for printed bricks. There's something else to it.. either it has to do with part volume or "collectible" nature of the set or something else I'm not aware of.

Yeah. That's what makes the lack of printing on UCS so odd to me. The ideas sets get printed and certainly UCS appeals to the same type of collector for the most part. Size could have something to do with it too.

Like, for example the vents on that snowspeeder would be much bigger than any printed piece I could think of.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Though I did spot a comment on reddit where I stole that image above that the reason the F40 had stickers was because the license deal had a resolution requirement, and lego couldn't print bricks with the Ferrari logo at the needed fidelity. So we got stickers.

I wonder how common that stipulation is with licensed properties.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

This was super fun to build! Pretty delicate at points, though!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Feenix posted:

This was super fun to build! Pretty delicate at points, though!

Inspired by Beautiful Desolation?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Don't game much these days? ;)

Horizon:Zero Dawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

I'm downsizing and looking to get rid of some lego sets. Do I just list them on Craigslist and hope for the best?

I listed 10195 Republic Dropship on my local FB buy/sell/trade page and got a reply. But he wants me to ship it across the country. I'm not getting a good vibe from his messages. Anyone have experience selling and shipping lego sets across the US? Any tips or advice?