Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

quote:

Despite progress during the 2016 Marrakech climate negotiations, long-term goals can be trumped by political short-termism.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke
Jul 7, 2007

Also, someone drew a sweet Slowpoke that I wanted to buy for an av but lost the image. I think the thread was people drawing Pokemon? I guess? I don't know. If someone could help find it I would love to buy it. Thanks.

This is the POTUS. I lol'ed. Then was sad. Then lol'ed again. Thanks everyone!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ASLuhn/status/8...%3D2835%23pti19

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Even our best collective efforts as a nation to cut CO2 could never match the hot air coming from Trump on a daily basis.

Especially not with a disbanded EPA lol!!!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
dont worry, with the defense budget increases, we'll be able to win the war on climate change. f-35s will nuke the gently caress out of that el nino puto

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

thathonkey posted:

dont worry, with the defense budget increases, we'll be able to win the war on climate change. f-35s will nuke the gently caress out of that el nino puto

Lol yea right. Nature will halt the military in its tracks by sending over a few clouds and maybe a shower or two.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I don't understand the mentality of pouring any money into manned fighters at this point. Can someone explain a reason other than sunk cost fallacy?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Does she think this comment will help her get elected because lol even a racist frenchman doens't want to be lumped in with Trump.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't understand the mentality of pouring any money into manned fighters at this point. Can someone explain a reason other than sunk cost fallacy?

quote:

Pork barrel is a metaphor for the appropriation of government spending for localized projects secured solely or primarily to bring money to a representative's district. The usage originated in American English.[1] In election campaigns, the term is used in derogatory fashion to attack opponents. However, scholars use it as a technical term regarding legislative control of local appropriations.[2][3]

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

George H.W. oval office posted:

Lol yea right. Nature will halt the military in its tracks by sending over a few clouds and maybe a shower or two.
wasn't it the F22s that got all hosed up by the international date line lol? cuz ya know, why would a military jet ever have to fly on the other side of the planet or something

watch as one of the new aircraft carriers we're building turns itself off at the threat of violence or something

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Leon Einstein posted:

Our President's only knowledge of military fighter jets comes from the film "Top Gun".

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/845295079392727040

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

I know that, but it seems like there should at least be a semi-plausible reason they can tout. I guess their constituents really are that dumb.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Chomp8645 posted:

Our President's only knowledge of military fighter jets comes from the film "Top Gun".

You couldn't be more wrong. Its "Iron Eagle."

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

1redflag posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...g-in-that-truck

I think the dukes of Hazzard one is my favorite, btw

Trump knows that laughter is the best medicine. Who needs the ACA when you have LOL.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tumble posted:

wasn't it the F22s that got all hosed up by the international date line lol? cuz ya know, why would a military jet ever have to fly on the other side of the planet or something

watch as one of the new aircraft carriers we're building turns itself off at the threat of violence or something
The F35, as well.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Tumble posted:

cuz ya know, why would a military jet ever have to fly on the other side of the planet or something

Trumps gonna hire truckers to move them across the planet.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

bigly lols

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

hosed up if true

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

heres the debate where you can watch republicans argue democrats that people should die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpdQ7OGgOGY

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

some florida congressman got up and talked about freedom and tax cuts and the first thing the guy following said was that 56000 people will lose their health insurance in his district lol

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Perfect

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Also the tax cuts are only for the rich lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol tennessee congressman talked about good legislation and then reminded 37900 people in his district will lose health insurance

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tumble posted:

http://gizmodo.com/5814840/builder-blames-navy-as-brand-new-warship-disintegrates

Close. The navy apparently can't design boats properly

Also the fuel used in the f35 can't be too warm (like stored in a tanker that's been outside) or the engines might catch fire on startup. Lmao.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chomp8645 posted:

Not in the world of Pence. Too much of that homo volleyball going on!

Trying to tell people about how badly the browser history for sale is a bad thing. People thought they were already doing that. Are you getting paper junk mail about the greatest ball gags because you accidentally visited an S&M site? No?

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 24, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
lol if this passes, i wonder how many of the people who hate obamacare will have no idea they no longer have insurance until they go to see a doctor. like are they going to get a phone call or a letter or something?

gosh and then i wonder who's fault they will think it is

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

a vote against the AHCA is a voter against freedom lol this guy is dumb as gently caress

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
FREEDOM, FREEDOM, I RISE IN SUPPORT OF THIS BILL FOR FREEDOM.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tumble posted:

lol if this passes, i wonder how many of the people who hate obamacare will have no idea they no longer have insurance until they go to see a doctor. like are they going to get a phone call or a letter or something?

gosh and then i wonder who's fault they will think it is

They'll get a letter from their insurer or employer saying what's not covered anymore and what their new costs are

Then America will be great again

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The Rs are now pissed about reading the number of lost coverage and trying to discredit the numbers. lmao

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm OK with this bill passing. Boomers can't vote for Trump if they are all dead from diabeetus

Also, I'm not American and already have access to a metric shitton of cheap and high quality healthcare, lol

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
My sister "doesn't know" how she feels about repealing the ACA.

She gets 400 a month in subsidies.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

PISSTAPE REAL
:peanut::dance::peanut:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Lmao

quote:

Americans upset that the Republican plan to repeal and replace Obamacare would cut requirements for so-called essential services like maternity care and addiction treatment should “figure out a way to change the state that you live in” if the bill ends up becoming law, Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney said Friday morning.

"Hey could you guys figure out a solution to the problem you elected us to fix? That'd be great, thanks."

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
President Trump kramers in the door and just keeps kramering, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. he kramers against your toilet, busting it up big time. you get the feeling he’s trying to say something to you but he’s kramering at such a high velocity you just can’t quite make it out. as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim “Freedom Caucus, which is very pro-life and against Planned Parenthood, allows P.P. to continue if they stop this plan, that's what's so IRONIC about this" on the way down

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

heres the debate where you can watch republicans argue democrats that people should die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpdQ7OGgOGY

Pro click

Lols to the dude reading off how many people will lose coverage from each district

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Adding the word "freedom" to the name of anything is cringy as all hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Dial-a-Dog posted:

President Trump kramers in the door and just keeps kramering, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. he kramers against your toilet, busting it up big time. you get the feeling he’s trying to say something to you but he’s kramering at such a high velocity you just can’t quite make it out. as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim “Freedom Caucus, which is very pro-life and against Planned Parenthood, allows P.P. to continue if they stop this plan, that's what's so IRONIC about this" on the way down