Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzora
Feb 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

T.S. Smelliot posted:

I like how the left has success managed to make this racist

"the left"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Aesop Poprock posted:

Where is your argument that anything republicans do is good for America financially

I did not like the plan of selling our country out piecemeal, almost quite literally as our #1 export is the scrap metal from our once vibrant industries

So I voted for Hopefully not this Plan

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
lol at the idea that there's been a shred of difference between republican and democratic economic policies since 1980 (at least until the trump bozos arrived to bring back mercantilism or whatever)

oh wait it's the "hillary is a once in a generation political genius because she was head of the young republicans at her high school" guy saying it

I'm Crap fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 24, 2017

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Because the financial "success" we were having under Obama was a slow sell-out to global corporations that was bleeding us dry, while inflating our dollar by just printing money like crazy

You realize that Trump has literally said that the dollar is too strong and American wages are too high, right?

Right?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Where is your argument that anything republicans do is good for America financially

Don't assume that's my stance just because I criticize the democrats ability to help real non-corporation people

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

scrubs season six posted:

You realize that Trump has literally said that the dollar is too strong and American wages are too high, right?

Right?

Wages are too high, a worker making close to .05% of what a CEO makes is unconscionable

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

man I was hoping this thread would be higher energy on trump's big last couple days. sad!

manafort apparently agreed to testify in front of the intel committee, and nunes walks back his claims about WHOA TAPPING, lmao
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/845283607107293184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I'd be pissed as gently caress if I killed myself because of trump cause he's already the worst president in american history and I don't actually want this poo poo to end. Give him 20 years of honking truck horns while nothing he tries to legislate passes

Worst president ever? Oh come on. He hasn't allowed a terrorist attack and used a false pretense to spend trillions on a war that has made the entire region less stable an us citizens less safe while also creating a Goverment agency to spy on everyone while lying to the public about the depths of the spying and turning a blind eye to a huge mortgage scandal. All he's done so far is say some dumb stuff.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Right?

Wages are too high for computer app programmers and advertising executives and salesmen for debt consolidators, agreed

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
nah sorry he is the worst president ever and he managed to earn that honor in less than 3 months on the job

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

It's hosed as hell, but I was thinking earlier that Trump is such a colossal idiot and embarrassment that he actually makes me pine for the days of Dubya. Jesus Christ.

I at least think that Dubya was probably a decent guy. Just really, really stupid. I'd have a drink with him. Obama, too.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

thathonkey posted:

nah sorry he is the worst president ever and he managed to earn that honor in less than 3 months on the job

I don't see how but you're entitled to your opinion.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Wages are too high for computer app programmers and advertising executives and salesmen for debt consolidators, agreed

You think Obama printed too much money so you voted for the presidential candidate that thinks Obama didn't print enough money.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

You think Obama printed too much money so you voted for the presidential candidate that thinks Obama didn't print enough money.

Wow, if only these points were focused on during the election rather than how everyone hates Mexicans and women

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

fbsw posted:

when can i die

your punishment must be more severe

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's hosed as hell, but I was thinking earlier that Trump is such a colossal idiot and embarrassment that he actually makes me pine for the days of Dubya. Jesus Christ.

I at least think that Dubya was probably a decent guy. Just really, really stupid. I'd have a drink with him. Obama, too.

This is an issue of short attention, not a reflection on W being actually good

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Wow, if only these points were focused on during the election rather than how everyone hates Mexicans and women

Trump won, get over it, Jesus Christ

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jukebox Hero posted:

Trump won, get over it, Jesus Christ

I don't know if I'd call it "winning"; he seems to not be having fun doing it.:laugh:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You have this weird attitude where what happened in the election makes everything donald trump does good.

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Panzeh posted:

You have this weird attitude where what happened in the election makes everything donald trump does good.

It does actually. You have this weird attitude where you think your competent.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Panzeh posted:

I have this weird attitude where someone says "way to vote for Trump cuz XXXX" and then I say "Here's what was happening at the time I made that decision"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I have this weird attitude where someone says "way to vote for Trump cuz XXXX" and then I say "Here's what was happening at the time I made that decision"

this sounds to me like someone points out how trump said things that are objectively dumb and bad and that you dislike, and then you go "not my fault for not paying attention"

like are you going to blame hillary clinton for making you vote for trump next, what is the progression here

anyway, the AHCA seems dead on arrival and trump is gearing up to blame ryan and the freedom caucus because he's an enormous smooth-brained baby, which is almost as hilarious as if it actually passes, so today's gonna be a funny friday

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Ryan is the one loving it up though?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

maybe trump should have bothered to read the bill, then, before he tied himself to it ahhahahaha art of the deal

Tezzora
Feb 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

I'm Crap posted:

lol at the idea that there's been a shred of difference between republican and democratic economic policies since 1980 (at least until the trump bozos arrived to bring back mercantilism or whatever)

oh wait it's the "hillary is a once in a generation political genius because she was head of the young republicans at her high school" guy saying it

There has been a shred of difference but that's all

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

oh man and Nunes canceled the march 28th hearing (interviewing Clapper, Yates, someone else I forgot) without telling anyone, the rest of the intel committee apparently only learned of it at the presser where he announced it. holy mother of lol the piss tape is real, and strong, and my friend

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/845293157055107072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

I'd be pissed as gently caress if I killed myself because of trump cause he's already the worst president in american history and I don't actually want this poo poo to end. Give him 20 years of honking truck horns while nothing he tries to legislate passes

thathonkey posted:

You know when I was really small I thought hyperbole was pronounced "Hyper Bowl" like some kind of laser roller derby or something.

Where was I, oh right, saying things like this doesn't really make you look any better than the people doing this to Obama. The only reason for it is "HES THE BAD GUY :qq:" Trump has done some dumb things but there hasn't even been time to figure out how dumb and how bad they are going to be. Most of his evil deeds are still waiting to be enacted.

I know the response is going to be "It's not because he is the bad guy! Here is an executive order! Incestual Pedophilia! Piss tape! Russia!!!!!!"

But very little of that is proven to have happened yet. I'm not saying any of it didn't happen, just we don't know.

Most of his poo poo is still talk, which he will probably get around to passing and earn the title of worst president ever but he hasn't yet.

You are comparing a buffoon that has done very little actual legislation yet but you really really really don't like to someone like Bush who wasted trillions on wars, has a death toll in the tens or hundreds of thousands from those unnecessary wars including thousands of soldiers, publicly lied to everyone about it, passed the patriot act, let 9/11 happen despite being forewarned and had the economy completely fall apart on his way out the door. Also the blatant war profiteering at the highest levels of his cabinet and one hundred other things that aren't on the tip of my tongue right now. He and Cheney should literally be charged with war crimes.

Nope the gigantic idiot that has signed some orders over the span of 8 weeks and not much else is literally the worst president ever because you don't like him.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
He's the worst president ever because he's classless and throws baby tantrums in a country where public image is everything.

He could even be evil and get away with it if he acted more like someone in charge of a nation

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

He's the worst president ever because he's classless and throws baby tantrums in a country where public image is everything.

He could even be evil and get away with it if he acted more like someone in charge of a nation

I actually kinda agree with this

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Yeah that makes sense.

It's still hard to believe this guy is president. He's just so... embarrassing.

We really hosed up, folks.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Trump's first few months in office are a pretty glaring example that the only time he's been able to succeed at anything it's been because he can bully and take advantage of people with no recourse. He's utterly powerless and impotent against any sort of real checks and balance system that he can't game

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Space Crabs posted:

I actually kinda agree with this

besides the perception - which is reality in politics, blah blah - surely there's some point where you can predict things and say they'll be bad rather than waiting for trump to get his short little fingers in them and actually gently caress them up. like, anyone with eyes in their head coulda told you this health care nonsense going on right now would be a shitshow back on november 9th. or, heck, that he'd be classless and throwing baby tantrums; people predicted that poo poo the day he went down the escalator, and shocker, they're right. I mean, this is basic pattern recognition. why do we have to wait for the fire to burn down the building and die before we can say it's awful, when we can see plain as day that the flames are already devouring the curtains?

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

every day I am awed that if our fascists had even a drop of competence in them we'd be goose-stepping by now, but instead a tiny kernel of false hope gleams off of the polished smoothness of donald's brain

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Trump is a representation of his voters, they see themselves in him, take that for what you will.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Still not convinced that Trump is worse for this country than Bush or Reagan, presidents with literal death tolls, because he's bad at being president. We should be extremely grateful we got a blowhard idiot with big ideas to gently caress the poor rather than a cunning insider with big ideas to gently caress the poor

Jumping the gun and saying he's worse than all the rest because you anticipate he'll be worse is, uh, dumb

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 24, 2017

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Actually making predictions based on evidence, data, and patterns is a sign of intelligence

When did the country go rear end backwards on everything

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Actually making predictions based on evidence, data, and patterns is a sign of intelligence

Hey. Just give him a chance.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

Still not convinced that Trump is worse for this country than Bush or Reagan, presidents with literal death tolls.

Jumping the gun and saying he's worse than all the rest because you anticipate he'll be worse is, uh, dumb

Who cares about death tolls when the issue with Trump is nationwide embarrassment?

That's the only thing history will remember and those with eyes to see know it already

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Political correctness

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Toadvine posted:

Still not convinced that Trump is worse for this country than Bush or Reagan, presidents with literal death tolls, because he's bad at being president. We should be extremely grateful we got a blowhard idiot with big ideas to gently caress the poor rather than a cunning insider with big ideas to gently caress the poor

every president has a death toll. we all know about obama's hobby of blowing up brown people weddings. why should I be grateful that the person granted control over the american nuclear arsenal is a loving moron rather than an intelligent sociopath?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Who cares about death tolls when the issue with Trump is nationwide embarrassment?

That's the only thing history will remember and those with eyes to see know it already

Source your quotes

• Locked thread