Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

That's just the protein fueling your muscular machine Bod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
like fire and smoke billowing out of a finely tuned muscle car as it revs up, so do i billow farts in the gym before lifts

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 22, 2017

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I've had people asking for advice on lifts on two separate occasions now. Either I'm starting to look like I know what I'm doing, or I'm in so often they think I work here...

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That's a great opportunity to cop a twink feel

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zzulu posted:

That's a great opportunity to cop a twink feel

But what if the twink...is a cop?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:stare:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Meh, I had a bad gym day. You know how sometimes when you are fatigued, weight will feel heavier than it is? This was literally the opposite. As I was going through my bench warm up, everything felt a little lighter, until I built up to my 170 for 3x3 set. The weight didn't feel heavy in my hands like usual when I PR, I just felt gassed out. The reps were really slow and I dropped to 160 on the last set. I guess that's still better than when the weight feels heavy and pins you down. Oh well, next strength day I will crush it.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Meh, I had a bad gym day. You know how sometimes when you are fatigued, weight will feel heavier than it is? This was literally the opposite. As I was going through my bench warm up, everything felt a little lighter, until I built up to my 170 for 3x3 set. The weight didn't feel heavy in my hands like usual when I PR, I just felt gassed out. The reps were really slow and I dropped to 160 on the last set. I guess that's still better than when the weight feels heavy and pins you down. Oh well, next strength day I will crush it.

It happens. Could be you didn't sleep as well, or had a busier day, or the vernal equinox. Just rest up and you'll do better next time. It always sucks, but knowing your limit is a good way of not getting injured. :)

Today I had a good day, slept well, and just hit a 5RM PR of 120lb on the OHP. :getin:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Twink Cop should be a movie.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It is a movie I'm pretty sure

there's a lot of anal sex

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I was thinking more of an action-comedy, but, sure.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

I think it's called CHIPS and coming out soon in a theater near you

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

idgi, weights feeling light while hitting PRs is bad in some way? maybe you were just high on your preworkout stimulsnts

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Friend got me to go to "power yoga".

Verdict: naw.

Any workout that ends in "namaste" is more like "no way".

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

The only power we need is the power of Greyskull. :v:

Also, for back hypertrophy - barbell row or one armed cable rows?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

idgi, weights feeling light while hitting PRs is bad in some way? maybe you were just high on your preworkout stimulsnts

Yeah it wasn't too awful, I just gassed out really badly and didn't complete my usual workout. probably a sleep/diet issue. I haven't had a check up in a long while anyway so I scheduled next tuesday off to go have some blood work done

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Yeah it wasn't too awful, I just gassed out really badly and didn't complete my usual workout. probably a sleep/diet issue. I haven't had a check up in a long while anyway so I scheduled next tuesday off to go have some blood work done

Remember what I said about 'liver function' enzyme results with weight lifting. If they're unusual, take two weeks off and then do them again. It saves a lot of stress.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Yeah, I'll be sure to let the doctor know. I usually don't lift on the weekends, and I'll put my Monday day off so that will at least be 4 or 5 days without lifting when I go.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
5/3/1 BBB leg day is the worst. 5x10 squats and my legs are numb.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Girlbutts in Yogapants though????

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zzulu posted:

But enough about twink cops.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Whoever invented yogapants and leggings need to get some more recognition

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Zzulu posted:

Whoever invented yogapants and leggings need to get some more recognition

exactly, they are really comfy and easy to wear

also i felt better today, and a better workout, i think last weeks time jump forward just really hosed my fragile sleep schedule up

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I actually wear compression pants to the gym now...im that guy

but I have like shorts over the compression pants? So the outline of my penis won't draw attention in the gym

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
like this

It works, i dont get my hairy sweaty legs on everything now

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
If they are thick you can't really see your penis that much. I know some of the underarmor and nike ones are pretty thin. Or just wear a long shirt. Really, penises are smushy unless you have a hard on the whole time you are lifting. Still though, feels like wearing nothing at all, nothing at all so I throw shorts on until I'm ready to actually squat.

don't worry about it, probably 80% of the country here have an unhealthy obsession with watching big sweaty guys in skintight pants tackle each other to the ground every sunday so wear your stretch pants if you want

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Mar 24, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

you have a hard on the whole time you are lifting.

:getin:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i suppose i can indulge you

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
smh if you're not rock hard from the beginning to the end of every workout

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Zzulu posted:

I'm at a university. I can just sit outside and see that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
lol just lol if you don't wear tights to the gym

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

I'm at a university. I can just sit outside and see that.

Are they bending over infront of you though

This is an important part of the equation

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Touché

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Zzulu posted:

like this

It works, i dont get my hairy sweaty legs on everything now

I'm wearing this right now and I'm not going to the gym. Supreme comfort. Feels good on my weiner

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Yeah, I'll be sure to let the doctor know. I usually don't lift on the weekends, and I'll put my Monday day off so that will at least be 4 or 5 days without lifting when I go.

I've been seeing the same doc for years, he knows my AST/ALTs will be a little elevated every time. We check once a year, they're stable, screw it. Hopefully yours will do the same.

Pesmerga posted:

5/3/1 BBB leg day is the worst. 5x10 squats and my legs are numb.

This, but OHP. Goddamn.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

a mysterious cloak posted:

I've been seeing the same doc for years, he knows my AST/ALTs will be a little elevated every time. We check once a year, they're stable, screw it. Hopefully yours will do the same.

This, but OHP. Goddamn.

Better than my doctor, who refused to believe that it could be exercise related, and insisted I was either a heavy drinker (I'm almost teetotal) or substance abuser. Even when I showed him medical journal articles. Needless to say after that fun time I got myself a new doctor.

Also, OHP is a nightmare, rather than start with 60% of 1rm, I took it down to 50% and have been going up from there. The volume on this programme is hard, but so satisfying when done.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Yesterday I worked out hard and didn't eat well before and got a migraine about 10 mins before finishing my session

My body is strong but my brain is weak

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"Leg day? No thanks." - Paul Ryan

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
The salami in your pants is just as important to lifting as the salami you put in your mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

HukHukHuk posted:

The salami in your pants is just as important to lifting as the salami you put in your mouth

What if they're the same salami?