Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lladre posted:

You write like an SC cultist dude.

Maybe take a break, Go do something else.

Lol, and the personal attacks come out. Not surprisingly for an ANTI-CIG FUDDER LIKE YOURSELF OH MY GOD I JUST BOUGHT THREE SHIPS HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Kobbo_Fett
Dec 5, 2016

Boba? Never heard of 'im.
Hello, please to be making your acquaintance. Is when Citizen Marine am released?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kobbo_Fett posted:

Hello, please to be making your acquaintance. Is when Citizen Marine am released?

As per the MoMA the when is already.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I love how they use as much whitespace as humanly possible to make these things seem longer, and at least half their "new features" aren't even features.

Reading between the lines, in three months it looks like they've managed to implement the headline features of: a headshot bonus.

Let that sink in a minute.

Done? Okay.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So slightly more successful then when you froth at the mouth whwnever Derek posts?

Besides, we all know MOMA ain't trolling. Mods have doxxed him about 5 times now and know his accounts pretty huge. We've been working on getting his account refunded by CIG but were waiting for an insider to get a photo of his passport.

Involuntary refunds? You're giving me ideas :getin::twisted:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

This is my fetish

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Daztek posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda is fun

Yes in spite of all the characters running like rubber legged spazzes and the writing being astoundingly awful and the game throwing a billion and one things at you and expecting you to navigate incomprehensible menus, there is fun to be had in there. It's quite amazing though, there have been several articles published this week telling you how to avoid all its annoying poo poo and actually get to the fun parts, which is a pretty loving unique thing to see for a game when usually it would be getting ripped apart. EA should be astoundingly grateful. They will not be of course. Instead they'll look at all the complaints and remove all the wrong stuff from the next game in the series. Like how in ME1 people complained about how the buggy thing handled and and instead of fixing it they just removed it entirely, or how it threw a lot of items at you so they dumbed down the RPG bits. Coincidentally this is also how CIG deals with a broken tutorial.

I'm expecting Star Citizen to be released around the time ME:A finishes its pointless wheel-spinning planet transition animation.

Kobbo_Fett
Dec 5, 2016

Boba? Never heard of 'im.

trucutru posted:

As per the MoMA the when is already.

Kindly thank yous on the morning eve. Happy day, make my money, Robber has.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Sarsapariller posted:

poo poo man, you're right. The incremental barely-does-anything patch to the broken alpha from the company that is supposed to be publishing a full product this year only took three months to program, with sales in between. But the leaker-man said it would take four!

One month early, huh? Clearly the pipelines are kicking in :smug:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Pipelines are now set to maximum parp.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/StephanForrest/status/845035571885948928

https://twitter.com/ChambersArt/status/844861824168181762

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/617pni/trackir_in_262_what_a_disappointment/
:gary:

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

I just assume CIG always orders stuff for themselves and says its from "backer". Then they all have a good laugh.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

How many replies was it before someone told the OP that he doesn't understand game development?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Main ingredients : Fair trade sugar, Fair trade sweeteners, Polyurethane, Gluten, Cyanide, Polyvinyl chloride, Emulsifiers, Free range Dog eggs (Fresh from the field).

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I've sent CIG notice of my intention to implement plans for the proposal of a preliminary outline of the imminent delivery of cupcakes at some point in the near future, with the date to be initially determined within but perhaps somewhat later than two weeks.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lladre posted:

If I put in a system on a Monday I am testing it that Monday if not Tuesday. This is pretty much how everyone does it. You don't put something in and wait a while to test it.

not if your build process lasts 3 weeks because it has to sift through 100TB of useless very high fidelity mocap data

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

big nipples big life posted:

How many replies was it before someone told the OP that he doesn't understand game development?

Ironic part is that is one of the biggest shills on Frontier and on reddit getting a sweet taste of his own medicine.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

Remember that dude in his like 80s that does nothing but play with his marble machine he built and has obsessed over since he was 12, while his wife does house duties and wonders if she can murder him in his sleep ?

https://youtu.be/C4mKwmvV3a8

Holyshit. I expected that an obsessed guy working on marbles for his whole life would end up with some kind of elaborate marble castle. But no, he just really likes staring at marbles.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Cupcake alpha 2.6.2 patch notes

New features
- added icing 2.0
- removed cake for refactoring
- cup is now viewable but not yet ready to accept batter

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

alphabettitouretti posted:

Yes in spite of all the characters running like rubber legged spazzes and the writing being astoundingly awful and the game throwing a billion and one things at you and expecting you to navigate incomprehensible menus, there is fun to be had in there.

That's a long-winded way to say 'lol bioware'. The spazzy animations aren't actually that new. Dragon Age Inquisition also produced a high-fantasy drama where everyone had poo poo themselves.

I also think that they got the pro and con columns mixed up for the 'ME3 postmortem', but it's still silly fun.

http://www.pcgamer.com/ex-bioware-animator-responds-to-mass-effect-andromedas-animation-woes/

Johnathon Cooper did a long multi-tweet reply about Bioware relying on placeholder animations with the aim of going back and tweaking them, and not having the time. Makes me thing that CiG is going the other way and attempting to make everything perfect, and this is why their critical path shot into the far future.

Also what theAgent said about attaching the meshes to the skeleton incorrectly. My Dragon Age Elf wandered around like a coal miner with an attitude looking for a fight.

Anyway, it's a released game, unlike some.

Sabreseven posted:

Main ingredients : Fair trade sugar, Fair trade sweeteners, Polyurethane, Gluten, Cyanide, Polyvinyl chloride, Emulsifiers, Free range Dog eggs (Fresh from the field).

Fan pubes.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SelenicMartian posted:

Hey, Sandi's finally found a girl who, she thinks, won't be able to upstage her.

http://i.imgur.com/1OgSJfk.mp4

She failed miserably.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Hav posted:

Fan pubes.

So Sandi is finally getting a taste of the red carpet.

It's well deserved :D

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Yes in spite of all the characters running like rubber legged spazzes and the writing being astoundingly awful and the game throwing a billion and one things at you and expecting you to navigate incomprehensible menus, there is fun to be had in there. It's quite amazing though, there have been several articles published this week telling you how to avoid all its annoying poo poo and actually get to the fun parts, which is a pretty loving unique thing to see for a game when usually it would be getting ripped apart. EA should be astoundingly grateful. They will not be of course. Instead they'll look at all the complaints and remove all the wrong stuff from the next game in the series. Like how in ME1 people complained about how the buggy thing handled and and instead of fixing it they just removed it entirely, or how it threw a lot of items at you so they dumbed down the RPG bits. Coincidentally this is also how CIG deals with a broken tutorial.
ME2 was far and away the best game in the series so maybe EA did something right there

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Im having fun so far.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
ME:A has taught me understanding on how some of these SC guys are claiming they are having fun in the game. It's a hot mess of a game(tech demo) but you still have fun in it even though by all accounts you shouldn't be.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
its not a good game, there's a lot wrong with it and its super loving annoying in parts

that said I'm a dumb nerd that bought it anyway and since I quit wow I have nothing to do with my empty life but smoke weed and sex up aliens

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheAgent posted:

its not a good game, there's a lot wrong with it and its super loving annoying in parts

that said I'm a dumb nerd that bought it anyway and since I quit wow I have nothing to do with my empty life but smoke weed and sex up aliens

Play Eternal.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't need to. I've been pretty right about many of my "claims" in at least the past 2-3 months, not like I give a poo poo whether they're believed or not.

lol

ManofManyAliases on January 3rd posted:

-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Funny that Toast, unless "very, very soon" in a given year means more than a frikking quarter or two.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 24, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Lol, and the personal attacks come out. Not surprisingly for an ANTI-CIG FUDDER LIKE YOURSELF OH MY GOD I JUST BOUGHT THREE SHIPS HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Sorry, bro. I think it might be too late for you.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MedicineHut posted:

lol

Funny, unless "very, very soon" in a given year means more than a frikking quarter or two.

Reminder that very, very soon in sc means in two years. Just like weeks means a year, and 2016 means 2019

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

wyoak posted:

ME2 was far and away the best game in the series so maybe EA did something right there

I need to finish that...

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Samizdata posted:

I need to finish that...

You do, it is very good.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

I honestly think MoMA has maybe a few hundred dollars in the game (still inexcusable) and just enjoys trolling this thread because he can get 3+ pages of people frothing at the mouth with 1 post.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Cupcake alpha 2.6.2 patch notes

New features
- added icing 2.0
- removed cake for refactoring
- cup is now viewable but not yet ready to accept batter

Did they finally keep the saliva from clipping through the cake?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Breetai posted:

NEW FEATURES
Game systems
We removed Crouch and Prone
This is all good. Remember, CIG added insane parkour style running and vaulting to the game better than what Titanfall has back in May 2015. Or maybe CIG just said it was coming in the "next" patch... But hey, saying a feature is coming soon is just like having it, you can ask the guys hanging in /r/starcitizen if you don't believe me.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

I just assume CIG always orders stuff for themselves and says its from "backer". Then they all have a good laugh.

Well, seeing as it is all backer cash, then they are not lying.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

PSA: Javelin Basketball starting soon.

https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

TheAgent posted:

The jetpack and climbing is cool and good.

So far the most disappointing bit is the lack of dialogue choices for being a gigantic space jerk.