Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It's more Golden Tee with a taste of anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Vikar Jerome posted:

When i can i play this splatoon game in UK GMT time also are these squids related to the squids from super mario bros for the nes. What is the deep lore for this rich expanded universe?

Humans died out due to loving the environment, evolution responded to the rising sea levels by making squids die instantly on contact with water so they have to live on land instead

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Unless Ink Jet comes with some invulnerability, that looks like it could get you splatted real quick.

Think I'm going to try the Splattershot because Tenta Missles sound amazing first, then the Dualies because curling bomb and RAMBO ROLL.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

I loving love this golf game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Suaimhneas posted:

Humans died out due to loving the environment, evolution responded to the rising sea levels by making squids die instantly on contact with water so they have to live on land instead

It's hilarious explaining to people that Splatoon is a post-apocalyptic shooter.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Beastie posted:

It's more Golden Tee with a taste of anime.

Thanks for the answer but I've never played Golden Tee.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Still unable to connect to the eShop, even over wifi. My adapter isn't working either, but it's fine. Plugged it back into the Wii U and it worked. I had used the same adapter when I set up my Switch without incident. I'm a bit miffed, it looks like I'm going to miss the testfire.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Global warming hosed pretty much all land based animals outside of birds (this is why Judd is so famous he's the only cat in existence. Everyone in game is mystified by Judd Jr). The oceans rose and acidified causing ocean species to migrate slowly to land. Squids then developed an amazing sense of fashion. Octopuses got jealous

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys im going to play and also enjoy splatoon 2 very soon

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Still unable to connect to the eShop, even over wifi. My adapter isn't working either, but it's fine. Plugged it back into the Wii U and it worked. I had used the same adapter when I set up my Switch without incident. I'm a bit miffed, it looks like I'm going to miss the testfire.

This might've been covered already, but just in case, have you fully restarted yet, not just sleep mode?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So it seems like for adults with full time jobs and families the best time to play would be tonight and tomorrow night at March 8-8:59 p.m. PT? Am I reading those times correctly?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Rirse posted:

The amFilm Glass Protector is the best one for the Switch right now, and it's only $10.

How moron proof is this? I had to have other people put stickers on my legos when I was younger. I am that bad at this poo poo.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Feenix posted:

It's way more straightforward than Tiger. You still have to judge wind and hills but it's much more about the precise timing of your shots than it is the strategic lie of the ball.

Alot of the calculations are done in your brain rather than the game. The game will tell you how far the pin is, how the wind is fairing, and where your ball lies.

If you are in a bunker or rough it's up to you to calculate how much that will drag on the ball. Tiger would tell you taht you'll only get 80% of your power off a shot like that. This game does not.

It's designed to be played quickly, there is a shot timer. It seems simple but can be quite rewarding. For $7 I doubt you will hate it or regret it. That's cheaper than a meal at McDonald's.

Edit: Add the AMFilm protector to the OP please.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Holyshoot posted:

How moron proof is this? I had to have other people put stickers on my legos when I was younger. I am that bad at this poo poo.

Easy if you apply it in a hot moisture heavy room. Run your shower hot then apply it in the bathroom.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Holyshoot posted:

Very. They give you 2 in case you gently caress up

Also, use the sticker hinge that comes with it, it's amazing. Don't be too anal about getting it exactly right -- the glass is slightly smaller than the screen, so if you try to align it with a corner it will be slightly askew of center, but it'll still cover all the important bits while leaving the speakers/sensors free

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Beastie posted:

It's way more straightforward than Tiger. You still have to judge wind and hills but it's much more about the precise timing of your shots than it is the strategic lie of the ball.

Alot of the calculations are done in your brain rather than the game. The game will tell you how far the pin is, how the wind is fairing, and where your ball lies.

If you are in a bunker or rough it's up to you to calculate how much that will drag on the ball. Tiger would tell you taht you'll only get 80% of your power off a shot like that. This game does not.

It's designed to be played quickly, there is a shot timer. It seems simple but can be quite rewarding. For $7 I doubt you will hate it or regret it. That's cheaper than a meal at McDonald's.

Edit: Add the AMFilm protector to the OP please.

Thank you! Sold!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I decided against a screen protector because my dock is perfect and I don't actually foresee a time I'll need to touch the screen or a time when the screen is in danger. Namaste and blessings 2 all.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I decided against a screen protector because my dock is perfect and I don't actually foresee a time I'll need to touch the screen or a time when the screen is in danger. Namaste and blessings 2 all.

Thanks

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Norns posted:

Easy if you apply it in a hot moisture heavy room. Run your shower hot then apply it in the bathroom.

wont the moisture possibly mess up the switch? Also do I get the steam/moisture going then bring in the switch and do it. Or let the switch and glass thing sit while the room is getting heated up.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

wont the moisture possibly mess up the switch? Also do I get the steam/moisture going then bring in the switch and do it. Or let the switch and glass thing sit while the room is getting heated up.

You aren't taking a shower with it dude

It's to remove any dust partials from the air.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Beastie posted:

I've been playing NTM for years and have never got a good bearing on what % extra power you should add for rough, heavy rough and bunkers. Is there a hard rule?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

After one day my general rule is "a little bit more power than you think."

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

np

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
The Times for that testfire suck for me, I could get up at 7 am to play but I have to work by 3 tonight and tomorrow and am usually in bed by 10 pm. :(

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Gee, I wonder if I'm going to sneak out of work early to play the first Testfire hour.

I am going to do that.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Global warming hosed pretty much all land based animals outside of birds (this is why Judd is so famous he's the only cat in existence. Everyone in game is mystified by Judd Jr). The oceans rose and acidified causing ocean species to migrate slowly to land. Squids then developed an amazing sense of fashion. Octopuses got jealous

I vaguely remember the implication that the Squids were also predators of the Octopuses and the reason for the war was because the Squids basically wiped them out and refused to share land? Or was that just Octopus propaganda.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is this slavery?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Crossposting from the eShop thread:

Anyone playing Blaster Master Zero with a pro controller? I have a weird situation where it seems like there's no dead zone in the analogue stick, so that if I let go of the stick, when it returns to the center, it makes me face the opposite direction. Like, if I hold left on the stick and then let go, when it returns to the middle it has me facing right.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Fremry posted:

Crossposting from the eShop thread:

Anyone playing Blaster Master Zero with a pro controller? I have a weird situation where it seems like there's no dead zone in the analogue stick, so that if I let go of the stick, when it returns to the center, it makes me face the opposite direction. Like, if I hold left on the stick and then let go, when it returns to the middle it has me facing right.

I haven't noticed it with BMZ, but a similar thing happens to me occasionally with Binding of Isaac when I have to shoot a 'charged' shot. hold in the direction you intend to fire, and release the stick to shoot... and it goes in the opposite direction , or down.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New turf is the anime versio of the windows 95 golf game Links. On a scale of Mario golf hot shots tiger golf club I'd say it's more towards that serious end of the scale.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

I vaguely remember the implication that the Squids were also predators of the Octopuses and the reason for the war was because the Squids basically wiped them out and refused to share land? Or was that just Octopus propaganda.

The reason given in the lost sea scrolls is at first they got along but the ocean continued to rise. This resulted in limited land and resources that eventually led to the a war over them. The Octarians lost and were driven off the land. The sea was now deadly so they live in caves that use monitors to simulate having a sky and day/night cycles. One of the theories why so few Octarians can assume a human like form compared to the squids is that living underground with limited resources has stunted their ability in a way as another scroll details that squids gain the ability as they grow older. Possibly malnourished children Octarians loss this ability as old photographs in the sea scrolls shows Octarians assuming human forms exactly like the squids and it isn't until after they go underground that you start seeing the weird part human part octopus things from the single player game

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 24, 2017

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Feenix posted:

Do you know the game Golden Axe?

It's that, except golf.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

So is testfire starting in 10 minutes EST? Or is the only time today the 11PM EST one? I really hate time zones.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Norns posted:

I applied mine without a shower but heed my words when I say don't do this, I placed the screen down and some dust still managed to get under the screen and my OCD wouldn't let me let that poo poo slide. Taking the screen off is hard as balls and I ended up chipping the corner of one of it so that cover never sat flush and I had to toss it. If you want it to sit perfectly just do it in a steamed room to make it easy on yourself.

The end result is so loving ace though.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

So is testfire starting in 10 minutes EST? Or is the only time today the 11PM EST one? I really hate time zones.

First one is 3-4pm eastern time. Then 11-midnight.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Mahoning posted:

First one is 3-4pm eastern time. Then 11-midnight.

And the morning sessions are 7 AM EST?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

And the morning sessions are 7 AM EST?

Yep.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Wheany posted:

Do you know the game Golden Axe?

It's that, except golf.

Um, what?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Found where the Switch manufacturing bottleneck is, guys.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/845304611351265280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Getting Disgaea 5 was stupid easy and its in english.

• Locked thread