Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

zegermans posted:

How did this person get elected if people suddenly hate everything he stands for now that he's actually going to try to implement it?

General distaste for Washington. The belief that he wasn't going to do the things he was saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Won't someone think of the HSA's???

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Squizzle posted:

if its a household budget and the house includes a lady, women are kinda expected to be seasonal and on trend more than men and if your runnin in even peripherally ~*society~* circles thats a significant social concern for you

if you make 250k net in manhattan with no generational wealth and two kids to feed, you are not even remotely peripheral society, you're middle class at best. 250 is nassau county or jersey money and you shouldn't pretend otherwise

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

prefect posted:

Okay, that's weird. But there are worse gimmicks. :shrug:

i think the thing that bothers me most about that photo is the way the light refracts around his shoe, which makes it look like he is sporting an uncovered wooden prosthetic foot.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Oh and also a concerted Russian cyber psyop targeting a horrible democratic candidate and brewing divisions within the Democratic Party

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

zegermans posted:

How did this person get elected if people suddenly hate everything he stands for now that he's actually going to try to implement it?

people didn't vote

cartoon frogs did

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
"if this bill doesnt pass we will continue to fund abortion"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
this is the best bill in decades - a jackass named glenn grothman

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Coolguye posted:

i think the thing that bothers me most about that photo is the way the light refracts around his shoe, which makes it look like he is sporting an uncovered wooden prosthetic foot.

I had to stare at it a little while to figure out what was going on. Like, maybe he was wearing those leather shoes with the white on the sides or something.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
My republican congressman who talked to me on the phone just announced he was saying no after he told me he was still undecided :toot: .It's really because he's in a extremely blue state and has lost 10% lead over a democratic challenger every election and last election he was 4 points ahead. HES SHOOK AS HELL

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/RepBarbaraLee/status/844943804540960768

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

boethius posted:

He's a bad businessman
Does he business while he can
Just does his business bad.

Deep cut. Tweet that and you'll almost certainly get Tom Maxwell in your mentions out of nowhere.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/845309296145580033

Serf
May 5, 2011

paul ryan trying to pass this health care bill harder than me making GBS threads during that time when i ate nothing but macaroni and cheese and hard boiled eggs

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

whatis posted:

im the 32k per year over 20 years for student loans because i apparently have like 5 graduate degrees from private universities

The guy or gal is probably a doctor or a lawyer, my wife is a MD who went to a private university for med school and she pays that much or more per year on loans :/

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Lol

https://twitter.com/caitlinmacneal/status/845308797581217792

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I like how everytime some idiot talks up the bill they get "Hey, this many people will die in your district. :smug:"

lmao

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

i mean it's obvious at this point but the republicans may not be able to repeal obamacare because of the insane freedom caucus dipshits. like ryan's bill was dogshit that would have hosed over millions of people and these guys think it didn't go far enouigh and if you do win them over with an extreme bill you bleed a bunch of more moderate votes. almost like this was never gonna get done? i dont want trump to succeed anyway but i feel like he should call out all the freedom caucus fuckers by name, label them traitors, and then give out their cell phone numbers like he did to lindsey graham

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
When this thing formally goes down, I'm gonna post a whole bunch of smug faces itt.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I wanna know how much they spend on parking annually

"I have extremely high quality housing, entertainment, childcare, education, 17k in disposable income, nice cars i have noooooooooooothing :qq:"

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

It's not that Russia is creating these people. Trump and Le pen existed on their own before any of this. It's that they are being given resources by an outside source to amplify their reach and damage.

We should know, the US does the exact same things to countries all the time.

The 1% were fine with money controlling politics as long as it was their money.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BenDAvanzo/status/845282659446214657

A great man.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

DryGoods posted:

Won't someone think of the HSA's???

My work gives me 1500 free hsabux per year for getting a checkup and this is pretty much the only circumstance that I can imagine them being good for anyone. Republicans touting them as the answer to anything is so absurd, as is the fact that they don't lose the vote of everyone who hears it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

so Trump is p much mankind's biggest case of buyers' remorse

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Zikan posted:

"R's astonishing how in over his head trump is"

At least they're not all sycophants who can't spot a con man.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/dcraiggordon/status/845308002513174528

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I wanna know how much they spend on parking annually

700-1000 per car per month, so 14-24k

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

I hope Paul Ryan tells him he's not going to hold a vote and Trump yells at him real loud

i can't believe my joke prediction of trump forcing ryan to hold a vote because trump can't believe he doesn't have the votes is gonna come true

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Majorian posted:

So...independent prosecutor time?

Independent commission would be better. Prosecutor doesn't need to show findings.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sorry homeless person, i've got boats to feed

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Schnorkles posted:

When this thing formally goes down, I'm gonna post a whole bunch of smug faces itt.

Is going down passing or being rejected?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/845310482181435392
you mean this is what is going to happen

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Yay for actual humanity within hosed institutions.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

they should totally delay it again so we can have this happen every day because it's amazing.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

quadrophrenic posted:

i mean i get why people buy new clothes, it just seems weird to me to actually make a budget item for that, it's something i've never done before

i get it if you got kids tho, that makes sense

If you will predictably need to spend money on a thing, even if it's not that much, you should have it in your budget. That's sort of the point of a budget.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hey look buddy, im scraping by here, i can only afford to do blow like 5 nights a week

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

*plop*

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

it'd be even more effective if their message was, "hey, let's just give everyone medicare".

its also effective short film making but who knows if its effective persuasive political messaging

hillary had really well designed ads too, like the ad equivalent of oscar bait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I like that guy. :thumbsup:

• Locked thread