Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I cleared out some space on my list of the inactives and have 5 slots open.If you're new and need someone to carry you through ELT, I'm your huckleberry.

I sent requests to MrSwoon, NinjaD, Jack, Toonman, Sheik, and Valth. If you are one of those people please accept my request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Picking an esper is hard... I just used an Orlandeau with Ifrit for the raid and it was incredible. But Bladeblitz is nice for killing chocobos and ATK e-peen. Decisions...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

ShinyDais posted:

Ahh, I've been able to blow through PRO myself so I hadn't really analyzed the key points for the event. I'll flip Greg's gear over to Noctis for the event then, it sounds like you don't really need him for very long but just in case you or somebody else finds him helpful.

I haven't played FF14, anybody know any good, short Noctis quotes I could goon-ify for my player message? Gotta preserve my (lame) brand.

I'm currently running a full 5* party of Cecil, Noctis, Chizuru, Exdeath, and Y'shtola, but I have crap equipment and the only TMs I have are Thancreds(4 at this point) and Minifilias. The only true guarantee I have of winning is to paralyze him turn 1, either by chizuru succeeding or a companion noctis fire flasking him. Without the paralyze a streak of bad luck can cause me to lose even with 1000+ olives.

Once I finish getting the awakening mats from the event for Noctis I have 10 metal gigantaurs waiting for him, and can get more from the cactuar dunes, so I should be able to do it much more reliably. Just need the energy for a few more event runs!

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

1 daily + 12 tickets puts me in the Orlandeau club. :getin:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

I cleared out some space on my list of the inactives and have 5 slots open.If you're new and need someone to carry you through ELT, I'm your huckleberry.

I sent requests to MrSwoon, NinjaD, Jack, Toonman, Sheik, and Valth. If you are one of those people please accept my request.

Done.

:getin:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Mylan posted:

1 daily + 12 tickets puts me in the Orlandeau club. :getin:

Noo your Elza. :(

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Didn't get an Orlandeau yet but a few 11 pulls got me another Gilga which was all I really wanted from Player's Choice so I mean hey.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Noo your Elza. :(

He had a Noctis too. Mylan is a cool guy, Elza was always such a cool sight to see pop up on my friends list.

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja
4 tickets from King Mog and the third one drops down as rainbow!!

Thanks for the 2nd DK Cecil :smithicide:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

He had a Noctis too. Mylan is a cool guy, Elza was always such a cool sight to see pop up on my friends list.

You're all cool guys and gals :glomp:

Seriously, every once in a while I'll go through my friends list and sort by date added and just be amazed at how long we've all been playing together. Y'all are awesome for putting up with my poo poo units for so long.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Do different +Attack skills stack? Say Embolden and Boost?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Just a quick psa during Orlandu chat (gently caress you 20 tickets and nothing but 3*s), but even though black magic is banned this week in arena, apparently somehow Meteor doesn't count? Exdeath can still dualcast it just fine so this week doesn't have to be nothing but 8/10 turn slugfests.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

SmockJoc posted:

Do different +Attack skills stack? Say Embolden and Boost?

Only the highest works at a time. The lower ones will take over if the higher runs out.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Just a quick psa during Orlandu chat (gently caress you 20 tickets and nothing but 3*s), but even though black magic is banned this week in arena, apparently somehow Meteor doesn't count? Exdeath can still dualcast it just fine so this week doesn't have to be nothing but 8/10 turn slugfests.

It seems like only elemental black magic is banned. Ultima, Alterna, Meteor are still fair game I think. We're gonna be eating a lot of those this week.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Lol, this is loving absurd. I was wary about this banner, but figured I could burn 5000 gems on an 11 pull. Rainbow crystal floats down, but I did not get an orlandeau...... I got TWO orlandeau.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I think the worst part of not getting an orlandeau today for me is just that I'm missing out on the 100% bonus from him in the event. This is my first event that I'm playing for the whole thing, and there are lots of things I need.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

My test is still running, but I'm gonna say it now. I rushed Kiyomori from the event shop and now have an Ifrit-soloing Lightning up. She is currently halfwayish through a solo of Elite. It will take a LONG time, but if you want to use her, do as much damage as you can, then make sure auto-limit is ON (her limit breaks defense) and hit auto, then check in on it every once in a while. It'll get you an elite clear, guaranteed.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

PaybackJack posted:

oh yeah, the vending machine gave me a cup noodles for a half price pull a couple of weeks ago. Actually it was during the Type-0 part 2 banner, and it was the first rainbow since Elza, and I was like "fuuuuck, it's Queen." I had to stare at the screen for a bit when Noctis popped out instead.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
No Orlandu for me but I only had 12 tickets to use anyways. Got a few event units at least. And finally pulled Yshtola 200k shy of the free one.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
I've spent my tickets like water for stuff like Ling, so I'm not complaining about not getting Orlandeau.

I do think this "RNG" is pretty bullshit, however. 4 Tickets and a Daily:

Cecil
Cecil
Cecil
Russel
Russel

I mean, come ON. No way that happens with this huge deep unit pool even if you limit my draws to 3*

Excaliburs for days (even though I've already got one ground out).

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

NinjaDebugger posted:

My test is still running, but I'm gonna say it now. I rushed Kiyomori from the event shop and now have an Ifrit-soloing Lightning up. She is currently halfwayish through a solo of Elite. It will take a LONG time, but if you want to use her, do as much damage as you can, then make sure auto-limit is ON (her limit breaks defense) and hit auto, then check in on it every once in a while. It'll get you an elite clear, guaranteed.

This is a super cool thing to do. Will be trying it when my Orbs come up.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004

NinjaDebugger posted:

Thank you so much for this!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

NinjaDebugger posted:

That sounds totally awesome. Sent you a friend request because I want to see this haha.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

NinjaDebugger posted:

Accept my friend request yo! I want to use your cool Lightning sista!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

There's a lot of Orlandu magic going on in this thread.

There sure is.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My dilemma right now is do I spend my energy on event runs, or do story missions to keep bringing in the lapis in hopes of doing another 10+1 pull during this banner.

I guess the event has the potential to be able to get even more through rare summon tickets though.

Finally have a 6* cup noodles thanks to the event, who is back up to level 57 through dumping 16 metal gigantaurs onto him so far today.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

There sure is.

omg... your energy

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Burned my last 8 tickets and did an 11 pull. 4 more Leos and all of the Tactics units EXCEPT for Orlandeau. At least I will be able to farm this event really well? Haven't gotten a 5* base since the first Lightning banner 6 months ago, my only other rainbow pull between then and now was a Sazh :(

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Rigel posted:

Lol, this is loving absurd. I was wary about this banner, but figured I could burn 5000 gems on an 11 pull. Rainbow crystal floats down, but I did not get an orlandeau...... I got TWO orlandeau.

Tagichatn posted:

There sure is.

"I pulled two Orlandeaus! I'm so lucky!"
Pft, weak. Check this out.

2 motherfucking Shadows, aw yeah.
I wish that was me. But eh, I'll live.

So, statistics wise, this is like... landing heads three times in a row on 0.50% odds?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

HGH posted:

So, statistics wise, this is like... landing heads three times in a row on 0.50% odds?

I hate you.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

One day I will be part of the club . . . :shepicide:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

HGH posted:

That one pull has more rainbows in it than I've ever pulled playing this game, and I'm including the FF14 raid banner and it's 1000 pulls. I'm super jealous of your luck

Sheik90
Nov 26, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

Accepted

:yayclod:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

That one pull has more rainbows in it than I've ever pulled playing this game, and I'm including the FF14 raid banner and it's 1000 pulls. I'm super jealous of your luck
Oh no, I just stole this picture from someone else's pull, I wish that were me (I have the same username in-game). And if it were I definitely wouldn't be as smug as that post, that'd just be mean. Sorry if it came out that way.
If it helps I definitely have the same luck with 5 stars as you, I pulled 24 times today and 37 times during Ling's banner without getting anything usable.

HGH fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 24, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

NinjaDebugger posted:

Ha, I'm trying it out for myself and it's hilarious. It's gonna take like an hour, but she just keeps on truckin' :allears:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

NinjaDebugger posted:

Giving the invincible Lightning a run right now! After her first limit I think I see a tiny speck of black on his health!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

HGH posted:

Oh no, I just stole this picture from someone else's pull, I wish that were me (I have the same username in-game). And if it were I definitely wouldn't be as smug as that post, that'd just be mean. Sorry if it came out that way.
If it helps I definitely have the same luck with 5 stars as you, I pulled 24 times today and 37 times during Ling's banner without getting anything usable.

Oh poo poo, I missed that one line where you said it wasn't you. Sorry!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Sheik90 posted:

Accepted

:yayclod:

Just used your TG, thanks!

I don't believe I mentioned how much I hate these King Mog events this event, so I'll do that now.

Even with +325% currency a run, I get just under 1k event currency, it will still take a hundred runs to get everything I want from the shop. Bleh!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

King Mogs are awful. Need RNG on pulls to get bonus units, need RNG to get bonus enemies so you don't get a trinkle of currency even with bonus units, and it's a long annoying grind. I need that Light Greatsword and Evade Katana though, and I'm gonna use up a lot of my 6* awakening mats soon on Minfilia and Y'shtola so :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

Just used your TG, thanks!

I don't believe I mentioned how much I hate these King Mog events this event, so I'll do that now.

Even with +325% currency a run, I get just under 1k event currency, it will still take a hundred runs to get everything I want from the shop. Bleh!

Every so often you will run into chocobos which will speed it up a ton.

• Locked thread