Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Scary! posted:

Adding the word "freedom" to the name of anything is cringy as all hell.

Its a great bullshit litmus test.

see also: acts with the word 'Patriot' in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I wish all these gently caress-sticks would just spontaneously combust.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
9/11 broke people's brains :911:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

proof of concept posted:

9/11 broke people's brains :911:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Romes128 posted:

Pro click

Lols to the dude reading off how many people will lose coverage from each district

lol these arguments

"i was elected to fix healthcare so i can't do nothing. i have to pass this stupid bill and gut this because that will fix it"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Adding freedom, liberty, and patriot to various phrases is really effective at putting uneducated people into some sort of hypnosis. Conservatives know this.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Leon Einstein posted:

Adding freedom, liberty, and patriot to various phrases is really effective at putting uneducated people into some sort of hypnosis. Conservatives know this.

"Family values" is another bullshit alarm bell.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/BenDAvanzo/status/845282659446214657

:thurman:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

The Archaic posted:

"Family values" is another bullshit alarm bell.
"Tough on crime" too.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
http://imgur.com/VItmoaE

I'm looking forward to the Freedom Liberty Bill of Patriot Freedom

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Leon Einstein posted:

Family too, if you ever see a bill come up named "Patriot family freedom act for the protection of liberty" that's the one establishing the death camps

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fox news desperately trying to come up for a synonym for uppity for when they write their takedown piece on this guy

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

haljordan posted:

Lmao

"Hey could you guys figure out a solution to the problem you elected us to fix? That'd be great, thanks."

That was the solution put forth by a R (can't remember if senator or rep) on NPR a couple months ago for getting rid of federal gay rights and protections for the LGBT community. Essentially that states should be in charge of that.

When countered by NPR, what if that puts LGBT in danger because some states are gay phobic. The R response was, well, maybe they need to move outta the state.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

loving preach

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

lol if this passes, i wonder how many of the people who hate obamacare will have no idea they no longer have insurance until they go to see a doctor. like are they going to get a phone call or a letter or something?

gosh and then i wonder who's fault they will think it is

Eh it's not like it would take effect immediately; Obamacare would still have the rest of the year and people's plans they are on now won't change until the end date of the plan when they'd have to renew anyway.

It's just that when they go to renew the same plan will be way the gently caress more expensive and they either won't renew at all or they'll pick a shittier/cheaper plan.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

white guys telling black guys to tone it down is greeeeeeeeeat optics

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Moridin920 posted:

Eh it's not like it would take effect immediately; Obamacare would still have the rest of the year and people's plans they are on now won't change until the end date of the plan when they'd have to renew anyway.

It's just that when they go to renew the same plan will be way the gently caress more expensive and they either won't renew at all or they'll pick a shittier/cheaper plan.

Yes but now you can choose which cheaper and shittier plan you can have! The Republicans are all about choice. You might even say they're pro-choice.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Family too, if you ever see a bill come up named "Patriot family freedom act for the protection of liberty" that's the one establishing the death camps

:lol::lol: you're probably right

haljordan posted:

"Hey could you guys figure out a solution to the problem you elected us to fix? That'd be great, thanks."

Instead of selling insurance across state lines to people, have people move across state lines to get insurance. Genius!! lol

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Shadow0 posted:

http://imgur.com/VItmoaE

I'm looking forward to the Freedom Liberty Bill of Patriot Freedom

This deserves getting reposted because holy poo poo lmao
Did the WH IT people leave their login pasted to the screen and Easy-D found it? Because that's the only way I can explain it.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

America: *Elects new president

France: "We Surrender!!"

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

Did the WH IT people leave their login pasted to the screen and Easy-D found it? Because that's the only way I can explain it.

lol some intern with a social media class under their belt wrote that, it reads like a popup on a website

CHECK HERE- YES, I WANT THE BEST DAILY NEWS AND DEALS IN MY INBOX
CHECK HERE- NO THANKS, IM A DUMB rear end in a top hat

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
house dems pushing the name trumpcare so hard

I cant wait until the media starts calling it that too.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Holy loving christ lol

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
according to cnn, ryan just told trump they don't have the votes. lmao.

eagerly awaiting the trump tweets.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

:eyepop:

upgraded to a lmbo

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
lol "With this new bill you get the freedom to decide if you want healthcare coverage or if you don't."

What a lovely choice they want to give back to the people.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
On one hand the people who voted for trump losing healthcare would produce LOLs but the bodies in the streets would hinder my LOLs.

Also trump screaming my way or the obama way is an oddly hopeful lol in this administration.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
every day is a blessing with this endless bounty of lols

lol

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Idea for a movie:

lol hard: a good day to lol hard

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Chinatown posted:

every day is a blessing with this endless bounty of lols

lol

The lord giveth, but when will the lord taketh away?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Freedom is ALWAYS code for "get hosed poors" in government policy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Viruswithshoes posted:

The lord giveth, but when will the lord taketh away?

god is dead lol

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Tumble posted:

lol "With this new bill you get the freedom to decide if you want healthcare coverage or if you don't."

What a lovely choice they want to give back to the people.

"You want I should gently caress you in the butt, or in your open wound? Your choice, cuz you're a free man"

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
poor people have a genetic predisposition to voting against their own interests when they see or hear a bald eagle

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

"You want I should gently caress you in the butt, or in your open wound? Your choice, cuz you're a free man"

i wasn't even really paraphrasing, he literally said "the freedom to choose if you want healthcare or not"

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Looking forward to Republicans wanting to rename the united States to the Democratic people's republic of the united States of freedom.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Has the freedom Caucus made their demands for the bill public?

I don't understand how health insurance companies being able to sell plans that don't actually cover anything related to health isn't a big enough gently caress you.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Tumble posted:

poor people have a genetic predisposition to voting against their own interests when they see or hear a bald eagle

i wasn't even really paraphrasing, he literally said "the freedom to choose if you want healthcare or not"

I'm not really paraphrasing either

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
https://twitter.com/GrahamDavidA/status/845314255482163200

I don't talk to papa about the business. I Only give him the numbers in quarterly reports.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Tumble posted:

truff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Looking forward to Republicans wanting to rename the united States to the Democratic people's republic of the united States of freedom.

The World's Greatest Country of 2017

Or maybe they can borrow Sean Hannity's phrase, "the greatest country God ever gave man, on the face of the Earth", which is literally a thing he said unironically because he's a huge retard.