Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

FIRST OFF, they are going to make FIFTEEN YEARS of star wars films

FIFTEEN

thats like more years of star wars than of MASH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

SECOND, they are going to go full digital on carrie fisher because train can't stop now baby.

this will be awesome since we'll have fully digital actors to increase render times!!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

THIRD< they are doing a HAN SOLO series spinoff where you the 15 dollar a ticket movie going audience will most likely spend at least 3x times to see who REALLY shoots first when greed and han solo have a shoot out when they were in HIGH SCOOL!!! tweeeee

also they're going to need a lot more Wookie suits, good thing digital fur is a real thing so that will keep production budgets down.

pagancow fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 24, 2017

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

SO MUCH HYPE

GET STAR WARS DELIVERED TO MY EYEBALLS AT LEAST EVERY 14 MONTHS.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

FOURTH (ok this is where things go bad because it lines up with the bad movies)

BOB IGER, the CEO of mickey mouse film company is leaving in 2019. :(((((((((( he is the mastermind behind this money making plan that only GEORGE LUCAS could dream of.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

pagancow posted:

SO MUCH HYPE

GET STAR WARS DELIVERED TO MY EYEBALLS AT LEAST EVERY 14 MONTHS.

scuse me, I think you meant 14 minutes. cause that's what I want.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

FIFTH, the movies will be done to a quality level beyond what is even possibly imaginable, so there won't be a reason to remaster the films in 20 years, meaning your kids won't grow up watching the original mickey mouse star wars movies for them to get dumb ideas about de-making the films when they re-re-re-rerelease them so there won't be any lulz because they won't be able to de-make them with their robot arms and stuff (I DIDNT ASK FOR THIS...movie to be so good!!!!!!)

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

SIXTH,

they will most likely re-create digital harrison ford to look like him when he's 18, and he's going to have no swagger so people online will be like "WHY WASNT HE BORN A BAD rear end THIS IS DUMB I DONT LIKE IT IM OLD" and then go play dark forces or something but hahah jokes on them because its NO LONGER CANON GET hosed KYLE KATARN!!!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

SEVENTH,

there is always some nerd scandal for every star wars film that seems to BLOW UP ONLINE and your nerd friends who think they are cool because they have like 40 followers on twitter will be like "AMG DID YOU SEE EVERYBODY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE NEW STAR WARS FILM THEY blow ball ball balls blah luba hehe;;" and it will not affect ticket sales one bit, every star wars film is going to gross at least A BILLION DOLLLARS in the box office alone and mickey mouse stock will go up as long as ESPN gets league of legends so there.

but the nerd tears

fuckckkk they are so sweeett

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
LOL somebody hasn't been paying attention and only just found out they're doing a Han Solo origin story movie.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pagancow posted:

SECOND, they are going to go full digital on carrie fisher because train can't stop now baby.

this will be awesome since we'll have fully digital actors to increase render times!!

that's the opposite of what that article you posted (but didn't read) said.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

they should cast shia lebeouf for young han solo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pagancow posted:

SIXTH,

they will most likely re-create digital harrison ford to look like him when he's 18, and he's going to have no swagger so people online will be like "WHY WASNT HE BORN A BAD rear end THIS IS DUMB I DONT LIKE IT IM OLD" and then go play dark forces or something but hahah jokes on them because its NO LONGER CANON GET hosed KYLE KATARN!!!

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Eager for the Darth Bane spinoff, written by MASS EFFECT Creator, Genius, and Hero DREW KARPYSHYN, directed by NEVELDINE and TAYLOR!!!!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Star Wars: Episode 17 - Rey and Silent Boba Strikes Back

written by Kevin Smith, directed by Michael Bay, and staring Shia Leboeuf as Jar Jar Brinks

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Just a reminder, NAB is in a month so get ready to see ridiculous poo poo like this $87,000 lens on this $995 camera

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

pagancow posted:

Just a reminder, NAB is in a month so get ready to see ridiculous poo poo like this $87,000 lens on this $995 camera

well glass IS more important than body

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

i took a picture of me taking a video of a strobe beacon on a tower that's visible for 50 miles and lights up the landscape around it

yeah suck it astronomers

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

i found an acer B276HUL at work and bought it for $25 and i'm gonna replace my old ultrasharp U2312HM with it

nothing color critical gets finished on the thinkpad, anyway. i borrowed a calibrator from school so i could tighten up the graphics on my desktop computer

but right now i'm out in the field

determining properties of highway guide star [periodic strobe] by Devin Wilson, on Flickr

liking ur gallery btw

fav is probably this one with this in close second

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

atomicthumbs posted:

i took a picture of me taking a video of a strobe beacon on a tower that's visible for 50 miles and lights up the landscape around it

i wanna believe the drive is so boring wherever that is that they setup blinking lights to help keep drivers from snoozing off into a cactus-sullied gulley!!

aim the wheel towards the strobing thinger and keep going until you hit the next horizon-visible checkmark

you said highway guide light

i've never seen anything like that in russia and I don't know america insanity to the full degree I could 🍆🇺🇸 ✨ 🚗

eisenhower was old and insane when he built an empire of concrete on the back of war torn dreams, so I don't think it too crazy to expect some weird anachronistic evidence-free assumptions still live in the land of artificially cheap energy

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Bulgakov posted:

you said highway guide light

i've never seen anything like that in russia and I don't know america insanity to the full degree I could 🍆🇺🇸 ✨ 🚗

im american from birth and even i was unsure if that was a joke or not. the West is a different place and i've only ever flown over it to get to Cascadia

i was actually wondering if atomicthumbs was making a Welcome to Night Vale reference. it would fit with the theme of that show but i have only listened to a couple episodes

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I do not care about star wars and it will be a litmus test for anyone I ever hire.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

get hosed UHD havers

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-ultrasharp-32-8k-monitor-up3218k/apd/210-alez/monitors-monitor-accessories

7680 x 4320 at 60 Hz
hardware LUT
p3 native
DP 1.4 only (lol HDMI havers)

Now I'll be able to look at my 32 megapixel images the way they were meant to be seen!

:slick:

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

pagancow posted:

Now I'll be able to look at my 32 megapixel images the way they were meant to be seen!
At a 45 degree angle?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pagancow posted:

get hosed UHD havers

Are these the nits you've been talking about?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

No you're still going to spend 5gs and then get hosed because 350 nits

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

YVCPOS: either wa,y youre getting hosed buddy.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I'm just going to shine one of those high powered led torch lights right into my eyeballs

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

ill be the 8k that's 1024 * 7.5

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

akadajet posted:

Are these the nits you've been talking about?

love comparisons like this

it's like an ad for DVDs on a tape

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Progressive JPEG posted:

ill be the 8k that's 1024 * 7.5

i blame the metric system since they got apple to popularize the use of a "metric megabyte" where 1,000,000 bytes is a megabyte

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mebibytes forever

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
do you also think uhd is the same as 4k

because if you think that i have bad news 4 u

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

ahem.

its UHD-1 and UHD-2 resolutions.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

pagancow posted:

i blame the metric system since they got apple to popularize the use of a "metric megabyte" where 1,000,000 bytes is a megabyte

pretty much every hard drive & SSD manufacturer has been doing that for ages and it's always been dumb as gently caress.

not really all that surprising that Apple actually made the OS report drive sizes that way, though. "Why does my $4999 MackBook Pro with a huge 128GB SSD and gorgeous 7" 1024x768 LCD say it only has a 125GB drive?"

and LMAO at the Linux tards that actually unironically refer to them as mebibytes and gibibytes and poo poo.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 27, 2017

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

pagancow posted:

well in this case they went with a base-2 amount but decided to go with 7.5 of them instead of 8

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZm8vNHBSU

YOU WOULDNT ENCODE IN QUICKTIME

YOU WOULDNT USE MPEG-4 SIMPLE PROFILE

THEN WHY WOULD YOU USE VLC?

VLC IS A CRIME

go back to school gurl

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I would likely encode with ffmpeg with default settings

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pagancow posted:

get hosed UHD havers

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-ultrasharp-32-8k-monitor-up3218k/apd/210-alez/monitors-monitor-accessories

7680 x 4320 at 60 Hz
hardware LUT
p3 native
DP 1.4 only (lol HDMI havers)

:slick:

shame about the aspect ratio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Shaggar posted:

shame about the aspect ratio

shags, I love you, but you don't care about AR when you have that many pixels/ screen real estate.

• Locked thread