Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

poo poo, they have had 7 years to prepare to destroy the ACA and this is the circus that comes from it.

What the hell is the debt ceiling fight going to look like?

If they actually had a bill to run on for the election, it would have been horrible. Its way easier to promise that you'll fix things than it is to explain how you'll actually do it, and have the plan available for criticism. Its one of the things that was a major factor in the election. Hillary had actual plans, and they were attacked for being too liberal/conservative depending on who was doing the criticism. Trump just promised everything with no specifics, so people could pretend the thing he believed would help them.

Same for this, people thought republicans were just gonna get rid of the bad parts of Obamacare, but not that one particular part that helps them. And since no one knew the plan, no one could say that wasn't going to be true. But now they're in charge and have to pass laws, so the uncertainty collapses into a lovely bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

quadrophrenic posted:

fake weed is bad, scary poo poo

i had a problem with it for a while

it's really terrifying

anyone in the military who has to deal with the fuckhats that do spice is internally screaming

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol all the hard-fought changes to marijuana laws were just starting to peak over the edge of the rest of the drug war and now my job will send me to federal prison until the country forgets they almost had legal wed rofmlaooooooo *muffled gunshot*

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/845340206496649216

and

https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/845340353095983104

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

are all the boomers dead yet?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

which tune should be playing over this, "Madworld" or "The Sound of Silence"?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

death to capitalism

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Life comes AHCA fast.

:eyepop:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/RealHitlerTruth/status/845040784751575040

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Having secured Mr. Trump’s acquiescence to eliminate the requirement that insurers offer “essential health benefits,” members of the Freedom Caucus pressed their advantage. While they did not specify precisely which regulations they wanted to eliminate, the section they wanted to gut requires coverage for pre-existing health conditions, allows people to remain on their parents’ health care plans up to age 26, bars insurers from setting different rates for men and women, prohibits annual or lifetime limits on benefits, and requires insurers to spend at least 80 percent of premium revenue on medical care

God bless the suicide caucus

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

This is extremely my jam.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

death to capitalism

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Augus posted:

this entire presidency has been one continuous mash-up of "boys are back in town" and "adagio for strings"

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

paranoid randroid posted:

[ASMR] Paul Ryan looking in the mirror telling himself that he has worth and is loved and audibly not believing a word of it

stop posting my clips4sale purchase history

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Stephen Miller: "The president's authority will not be questioned! March or die!!!!"

The pack of howler monkeys that is the republican caucus in congress: *throws feces*

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

sullat posted:

Doesn't even take the loving mortgage interest deduction, property & state tax deduction, charitable donation deduction or even their loving personal exemptions. What a tool. I could save that family thousands in under an hour for a couple hundred bucks. Hell, even an HR Block monkey could do it.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I took a nap do we still have the joke of a healthcare system we had yesterday or did we move into the new and significantly worse joke

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

poo poo, they have had 7 years to prepare to destroy the ACA and this is the circus that comes from it.

My favorite part of this has been liberals admitting that the Republicans are hosed here because Obamacare is the Heritage plan.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

euphronius posted:

Having secured Mr. Trump’s acquiescence to eliminate the requirement that insurers offer “essential health benefits,” members of the Freedom Caucus pressed their advantage. While they did not specify precisely which regulations they wanted to eliminate, the section they wanted to gut requires coverage for pre-existing health conditions, allows people to remain on their parents’ health care plans up to age 26, bars insurers from setting different rates for men and women, prohibits annual or lifetime limits on benefits, and requires insurers to spend at least 80 percent of premium revenue on medical care

i hope it passes and self inflicted boomercide happens

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pollyanna posted:

death to capitalism

yeah

also free weed for all

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
DEATH OR MARCH

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Stephen Miller: "The president's authority will not be questioned! March or die!!!!"

The pack of howler monkeys that is the republican caucus in congress: *throws feces*

Trump shoulda sent Steve to bulge his forehead at the HFC until they fell in line

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
"are you frozen in the ice of indifference"

i will admit that i get taken in by cloying lines sometimes, but that's a p fuckin great line

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
comey at the white house

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Augus posted:

I predict a riot?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mannerup posted:

comey at the white house

I hope he's arresting people

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Pollyanna posted:

capitalism to death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iipWeo0SKro

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

If they actually had a bill to run on for the election, it would have been horrible. Its way easier to promise that you'll fix things than it is to explain how you'll actually do it, and have the plan available for criticism. Its one of the things that was a major factor in the election. Hillary had actual plans, and they were attacked for being too liberal/conservative depending on who was doing the criticism. Trump just promised everything with no specifics, so people could pretend the thing he believed would help them.

Same for this, people thought republicans were just gonna get rid of the bad parts of Obamacare, but not that one particular part that helps them. And since no one knew the plan, no one could say that wasn't going to be true. But now they're in charge and have to pass laws, so the uncertainty collapses into a lovely bill

lmao Hillary absolutely did not give or run on detailed or substantive plans, she just opted for a plethora of empty platitudes and statements of intent that weren't obviousl contradictory instead of promising to do a bunch of insane or impossible things

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mannerup posted:

comey at the white house
Leaking the results of the investigation to Trump

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

euphronius posted:

I'm going to laugh if this happens and people just stop buying insurance because it's so garbage, killing millions as well as the industry.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

quadrophrenic posted:

"are you frozen in the ice of indifference"

i will admit that i get taken in by cloying lines sometimes, but that's a p fuckin great line

oh, it's an FDR line

well gently caress, there's nothing new under the sun

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

euphronius posted:

I hope he's arresting people

Hmm I am pretty sure that is not what the FBI director does but i hope i am wrong

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Wouldn't it be hilarious if after all the riders and poo poo the various caucuses added to the bill to agree, the stack of papers was like an eighth of an inch larger than Obamacare?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Life comes AHCA fast.

holy moley

nationwide ain't on your side

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Hmmmmm

[thinkingface.png]

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Joementum posted:

My favorite part of this has been liberals admitting that the Republicans are hosed here because Obamacare is the Heritage plan.

obama playing 11'th dimensional chess even now when he's on whore island

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LGD posted:

lmao Hillary absolutely did not give or run on detailed or substantive plans, she just opted for a plethora of empty platitudes and statements of intent that weren't instead of promising to do a bunch of insane or impossible things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PWM60g-eW0

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

anime was right posted:

oh boy no one saw this coming

Another win in the war on drugs! We'll get that pussy-rear end cannabis off the streets and sell the college kids something that will REALLY kill them!

• Locked thread