Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Cool And Good banter with the F1 team bosses

https://twitter.com/F1/status/845208455036076032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Can you clowns stop freaking out about times before quali?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Only thing we actually learned today was that:

1. Red Bull should have stuck all the new aero bits on the car during testing, because trying to be too clever has left them with an undrivable car in FP2.

2. Palmer is a bit poo poo. He over corrected when the back end got away from him, thought he had saved it and then binned it into the wall because he didn't try to save it when it went away from him again.

3. Haas really need a new break supplier.

4. Pat is actively encouraging Ted to talk to people at inappropriate times.

5. Boring McDull must have compromising photographs to still be in a job but crofty saying "I'm sorry they didn't ask you to drive for them" (Williams) "...." "anyway, moving on" was chuffing hillarious

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Were the haas brakes catching on fire again? Missed that

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I started watching FP2 live with about 50 mins on the clock and something had happened. They were talking about hass switching supplier for the next race.

E: no real point watching free practice until we know the true pace of the cars, only reason to is if you missed seeing the ideas of the cars during testing or want to have a good laugh at ocon's car and helmet combination.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 24, 2017

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Norns posted:

Were the haas brakes catching on fire again? Missed that
Nah, Big John was just getting a little gravelly at turn 1. Coincidentally after they took off the t-wing that was whipping around in FP1. (maybe it really is providing useful downforce?)

Kmag's issue was a problem with water pressure if I recall.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I didn't notice the flex with anyone else's Twing.

And the Merc IUD seemed safe too.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

3. Haas really need a new break supplier.
Hass's break supplier is doing a phenomenal job. What they need is a brake supplier

Norns posted:

But but none of the other teams will be able to get it because of Trump's new health insurance

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Norns posted:

Can you clowns stop freaking out about times before quali?

Well wouldya looky here, fellas.....we got ourselves an opt-oh-mist!

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/24/motorsport/f1-stoffel-vandoorne-mclaren-quickfire/index.html

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

holy lmao where do you even start with those pictures

Hamilton as a dour, 80's Eddie Murphy or the fact that that's the most flattering picture of Verstappen I've seen

They sure captured Kimi's "essence" though; I can't tell what's flatter, that photo or his personality

edit: Daniil "Moai" Kvyat

wuffles fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 24, 2017

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oh wow thats avatar gold

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Danny's grill is at correct proportions and Keanu Reeves drives for McLaren.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

mrfart posted:

For gently caress sake, honda.
seriously.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Keyser S0ze posted:

Keanu Reeves drives for McLaren.

except this time the vehicle explodes when it exceeds 50mph

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wuffles posted:

holy lmao where do you even start with those pictures

Hamilton as a dour, 80's Eddie Murphy or the fact that that's the most flattering picture of Verstappen I've seen

They sure captured Kimi's "essence" though; I can't tell what's flatter, that photo or his personality

edit: Daniil "Moai" Kvyat

Wherlein is pretty accurate.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
It's like the artist sort of gets caricature and sort of also gets naturalism, and then hosed up which one was which.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Getting a big "mother's good boy" vibe from that Bottas portrait.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/F1/status/845328750912843777

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Romain Neck's-long (so what)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

wicka posted:

It's pretty clear that McLaren have told their drivers and staff to let loose on Honda publicly if they feel so inclined. Alonso pretty much said nothing the last two years except for the occasional in-car outburst, but this year he has repeatedly and strongly criticized them, with no defense or mitigation coming from Boullier et al. So if they are playing up their issues, they're doing a drat fine job of it.

This is actually a sign that the team is in disarray, there's nobody (competent) at the helm. Anarchy reigns. They are shocked and disgusted by the way in which Ron Dennis, McLaren's father and soul, was removed by shady foreign interests just as his comeback with Honda was about to enter its most critical and victorious phase. For the good lads in the resistance at McLaren I have only one piece of advice to help deal with Hack Clown... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
:how:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

wuffles posted:

except this time the vehicle explodes when it exceeds 50mph

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

lmbo all of those are amazing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Can't wait to see Ferrari's non-sandbagging pace. Someone please help

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Right, what time is the loving race on (UK)? The F1 app says 0600 our time but the bastard clocks go forward an hour at 0100 on Sunday morning and I don't know if the F1 app takes that into account.

:rice:

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

monkeytennis posted:

Right, what time is the loving race on (UK)? The F1 app says 0600 our time but the bastard clocks go forward an hour at 0100 on Sunday morning and I don't know if the F1 app takes that into account.

https://www.f1calendar.com/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

monkeytennis posted:

Nobody knows :iiam:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Why does Vettle look like Butthead?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

GramCracker posted:

Why does Vettle look like Butthead?

You seem surprised?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He is basicly butthead?

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Norns posted:

I didn't notice the flex with anyone else's Twing.

The Merc wing is mounted to the body in front of the rear wing and is relatively stable. The Haas and Williams ones are hung from the shark fin which is why they flap like crazy through the corners. I'm kinda surprised that Haas was told to remove theirs and Williams wasn't. Ferrari also have a wing on the shark fin, I am not sure if they solved the wobblyness in testing or if we just didn't see the right slow mo shots of it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

He is basicly butthead?

Cut it out, Kimi.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

2017 Ferrari driver lineup: Beavis and Butthead

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

Powershift posted:

Nobody knows :iiam:

SKY Sports F1's EPG says that the coverage of the race starts at 05:30BST which is usually 1/2 hour before the actual race start. If you want to watch the boring poo poo before it, that starts at 04:30BST.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Just make the entire car elastic. Problem solved.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Norns posted:

He is basicly butthead?

Bwoah

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Honda is redesigning stuff to add power, hopes to have it by Monaco

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-planning-updated-f1-engine-885582/

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is this just a hobby for Honda?

I'm being serious because their approach is about the same as mine is towards karting where I can't be assed to fix things for months at a time, it really seems like they just like going to races and wrenching on F1 cars so they asked for a budget to do that.

Edit: loving :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It honestly seems like they've taken a step back from last season.

• Locked thread