Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'd be way more afraid of a hundred thousand spiders than of spiderman himself too

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Some part of me wants to read Secret Empire just to see bow it all plays out, but I also really don't want to. Generatuons, however, seems like it might be worth checking out with that format.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

site posted:

I'd be way more afraid of a hundred thousand spiders than of spiderman himself too

The dude who ate the radioactive spider and became a swarm of evil spiders creeped me out a lot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

OhFunny posted:

The dude who ate the radioactive spider and became a swarm of evil spiders creeped me out a lot.

The Thousand needs to return as a villain for Silk, obviously.

(No, let's not.)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Who wins between that guy and the bee guy the swarm

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Swarm, easy.

-Nazi
-Made of bees
-Cape and hood
-Glowing eyes and teeth, somehow

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Definitely Swarm. Dude is a Nazi made of bees, I don't know what more you need to understand that he is the greatest of all supervillains.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Bees, unlike spiders, are universally your friend and wouldn't make for a good villain. I don't condone Marvel's libelous interpretation of them. 🐝

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

JordanKai posted:

Bees, unlike spiders, are universally your friend and wouldn't make for a good villain. 🐝

These are of course, killer bees

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JordanKai posted:

Bees, unlike spiders, are universally your friend and wouldn't make for a good villain. 🐝

Spiders are actually your good pal, it's bees who are tiny assholes. You just get them mistaken because spiders are scary and bees are voiced by Jerry Seinfeld and sleep with our women.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

ImpAtom posted:

Spiders are actually your good pal, it's bees who are tiny assholes. You just get them mistaken because spiders are scary and bees are voiced by Jerry Seinfeld and sleep with our women.

Jerry Seinfeld is just another member of the bee libel conspiracy. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We almost wiped bees out by accident while the average person eats 8 spiders a second.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ImpAtom posted:

Bees are also your friend it's the wasps that are poo poo

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bees are pretty cool but it's their vomit I really love.

:discourse:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

JordanKai posted:

Bees, unlike spiders, are universally your friend and wouldn't make for a good villain. I don't condone Marvel's libelous interpretation of them. 🐝

There are no Nazis made of spiders

checkmate

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Generations Creative teams got announced

-Iron Man (Tony Stark and Riri Williams) – written by Brian Michael Bendis
-Spider-Man (Peter Parker and Miles Morales) – Brian Michael Bendis
-Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers and Kamala Khan) – G. Willow Wilson
-Thor (Odinson and Jane Foster) – Jason Aaron
-Hawkeye (Clint Barton and Kate Bishop) – Kelly Thompson
-Hulk (Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho) – Greg Pak
-Jean Grey (young and older) – Dennis Hopeless
-Wolverine (Logan and X23) – Tom Taylor
-Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell and Carol Danvers) – Margie Stohl
-Captain America (Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson) – Nick Spencer

Jean Grey is not a legacy, or a generational thing. It's the same person. Also gotta get Carol in there twice!

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912

Also, Marvel... Some characters need to just stay dead. And... Mar-Vell and Jean Grey are examples of that. I didn't want ONE Jean Grey, now you're giving me two.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I'm just annoyed that Nick Spencer will get to keep writing the two characters he's already badly writing but this time for an event!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

rantmo posted:

I'm just annoyed that Nick Spencer will get to keep writing the two characters he's already badly writing but this time for an event!

Oh the fact that the creative teams are basically the same as they always were is another mess entirely. Yes marvel, people are upset about how Captain America is written because of the characters, not the WRITERS.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Mar-Vell is coming back?

loving comic books.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Seems weird to have mar-vell/carol and carol/kamala but I guess bendis must want him back to poo poo on him somehow

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

site posted:

Seems weird to have mar-vell/carol and carol/kamala but I guess bendis must want him back to poo poo on him somehow

Jean/Time-displaced young Jean is the weirdest pairing to me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I would guess none of those people are coming back. It's just a story and the team ups will be for that story alone.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

OhFunny posted:

Maybe the issue will just be Jean taking young Jean out shopping or something while lecturing her about why she should stay as far away from Scott as possible

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

rantmo posted:

There are no characters Nick Spencer has written well, so I'm just annoyed he keeps getting work.

This is all you assholes who bought Superior Foes' fault.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm looking forward to the Carol/Kamala book. I imagine that's where we'll finally get a reconciliation between the two characters.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Viridiant posted:

I'm looking forward to the Carol/Kamala book. I imagine that's where we'll finally get a reconciliation between the two characters.

I doubt it since the premise of this seems to indicate it'll be Carol's Ms. Marvel that will be teaming with Kamala and not the current version. That Carol seems to be with Mar-Vell.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

X-O posted:

I doubt it since the premise of this seems to indicate it'll be Carol's Ms. Marvel that will be teaming with Kamala and not the current version. That Carol seems to be with Mar-Vell.

And yet Alonso claims this will not be self-contained, or an alternate universe, or a time travel story.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Onmi posted:

And yet Alonso claims this will not be self-contained, or an alternate universe, or a time travel story.

Well he clearly says there's a story-telling mechanism that is being used for it, so it's clearly not just everyone's alive again or their ages revert. We know they're not keeping Mar-Vell or older Jean or younger Carol around.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Maybe it's just me, but it would be pretty nice if people let the story play out first before instantly deciding they're definitely doing the first bad idea you thought of.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Roth posted:

Maybe it's just me, but it would be pretty nice if people let the story play out first before instantly deciding they're definitely doing the first bad idea you thought of.

That depends, has Marvel done anything in the past year or two that says "Don't worry, we have an event that we wont gently caress up!" Are the writers placed upon these books new blood who might provide a fresh perspective to the tired trite that Spencer and Bendis have been putting out? Is anything about this implying that Marvel has learned... a loving thing? Nope. So why should give them the benefit of the doubt?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Viridiant posted:

I really hope this doesn't happen even in a self contained one off because Carol has done nothing worthy of reearning kamalas respect

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

OhFunny posted:

Rachel/Jean would have made a lot more sense. Especially with Rachel becoming a main character in one of the new X-Men teams.

There was one scene, in the 90's, in an issue of Excalibur, where Jean/Rachel accepted each other as mother/daughter. After that, nothing. Seems like it's about time for a followup on that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm ready for Bendis to be taken off Miles Morales, so that his efforts can be better served making Mike's dad the new superest secret hero ever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, have fun waiting on that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Onmi posted:

That depends, has Marvel done anything in the past year or two that says "Don't worry, we have an event that we wont gently caress up!" Are the writers placed upon these books new blood who might provide a fresh perspective to the tired trite that Spencer and Bendis have been putting out? Is anything about this implying that Marvel has learned... a loving thing? Nope. So why should give them the benefit of the doubt?

I mean this barely counts as an event

it's a series of annuals if anything

also what the gently caress do the writers on these books who aren't Bendis and Spencer have anything to do with this?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

site posted:

I really hope this doesn't happen even in a self contained one off because Carol has done nothing worthy of reearning kamalas respect

No, she was completely right about what she did in Civ 2, so if anything, Kamala should apologize to her. Then she'd be on fleek!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rhyno posted:

LoL, have fun waiting on that.

Which part? One part sounds a lot more possible than the other. Bendis just won't shut up about how cool Miles's dad is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shinjobi posted:

Which part? One part sounds a lot more possible than the other. Bendis just won't shut up about how cool Miles's dad is.

Miles is his baby. He's not leaving any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe his dad will be his sidekick then.

• Locked thread