Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

err can you not reset the gyro? mine is like 90 degrees vertical lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Lobstertainment posted:

err can you not reset the gyro? mine is like 90 degrees vertical lol

Press Y.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Phew, thanks. First time and uhhh this owns.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

holy poo poo

Splatoon 2 is SO loving GOOD

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
DMZ'd the switch for now and instantly got out of the "looking for game" load screen, agreed that gyro aiming with the Y reset is going to take some getting used to

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Akarshi posted:

Welp I got into one game successfully.

For some reason gyro aiming with the pro controller feels kinda weird. Maybe its just becasue I'm more used to the Wii U tablet.

PSA: If you choose Exit after a round you can turn off motion controls in the options, as well as change inversion, sensitivity, etc.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Had seen literally nothing about splatoon gameplay before this. I'm in love. This is so incredibly fun!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Splatoon still fun. Roller still gonna roll

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Macintosh HD posted:

Is it different from the first game?

No idea. I've never played this before. Definitely prefer this in hand held mode

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I am really bad at this game!

flail and sob
May 3, 2009
I keep getting matched in 2v3 games but other than that Splatoon is good! I'm a kid! I'm a squid!

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
Played a match in testfire.

I'm a kid now.

I'm a squid now.

I'm preordering this game now. As someone who sucks out loud at shooters, I was giggling in the office on my break.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Deltron 3030 posted:

PSA: If you choose Exit after a round you can turn off motion controls in the options, as well as change inversion, sensitivity, etc.

In other information you shouldn't use, you'll die if you stab yourself repeatedly

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
:(

(I'm guessing it's something involved with the Wifi at work...)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I've never played Splatoon before but 20 minutes with this testfire has pretty much guaranteed that I will pre-order this. What a wonderful little shooter.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

KidDynamite posted:

I don't like gyro aiming while in switch mode.

Oh God, it does that in HANDHELD MODE? That's gotta be awful.

I'm in tabletop mode and I love it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Macintosh HD posted:

Is it different from the first game?

Not really

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Splatoon 2 so good and the charger and roller changes are such a QoL improvement over what they were before

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
I saw someone hit me with a sniper rifle looking thing. The next time he lined it up, I squid-ed and popped up behind him and splatted him.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Splatoon 2 so good and the charger and roller changes are such a QoL improvement over what they were before

What did they change? Roller seems the same to me

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I get that they moved jump from X to B because it's closer to the stick with the Switch's controller configuration, but that didn't stop me from opening the map by accident quite a few times.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

KidDynamite posted:

You now have alternate swing methods, giving you new attack options.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I like it more in handheld mode, honestly. How do I keep getting killed by crazy weapons?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

KidDynamite posted:

Jumping turns it vertical and makes it go further giving yoy a ranged game

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

If you jump and swing you get a narrow but longer vertical paint splash. In splatoon 2 if you encountered anyone outside of range you were pretty well hosed as a roller compared to just being at a disadvantaged with other weapons. Charger you can now hold your charge and move as a squid which is big since having to constantly recharge really made chargers subpar

Also new people you can SuperJump at any point from the map even after spawning in game and this can be a Big Help for a large push or grouping up against an enemy teammate

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just uh, lmao if you dont like splatoon 2 and feel like a kid when you play it

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I saw a screen shot from someone in portable mode and the visuals looked really poor. Hopefully better in the final release. Jaggies galore baby.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

CoasterMaster posted:

:(

(I'm guessing it's something involved with the Wifi at work...)

Same!

It is our punishment for trying to play video games at work.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Harlock posted:

I saw a screen shot from someone in portable mode and the visuals looked really poor. Hopefully better in the final release. Jaggies galore baby.

The screen shot function is garbage (at least in terms of the quality of the resulting picture), I thought this was well known.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

eonwe posted:

just uh, lmao if you dont like splatoon 2 and feel like a kid when you play it

What if I feel like a squid?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

It is right now but I wouldn't be surprised to see a physical release since it got one on other platforms.

Just FYI, I tweeted them about this and they said "We have no plans for it. We may consider it after we are done with all the other versions."

Edit:

This is what they said...

YachtClubGames posted:

Digital only at this time. We might consider a physical release later down the road once all updates are complete.

Fremry fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 24, 2017

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Lemming posted:

In other information you shouldn't use, you'll die if you stab yourself repeatedly

Yeahhh but I got hooked on analog controls in the original... I will learn motion controls when the game is out for real but for now I'm keeping it off for the Testfire, otherwise I feel like I'd waste the test getting owned.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
New Nintendo owner here, my take on Splatoon TestFire is not very positive. I'm no stranger to multiplayer games, first person shooters, third person shooters, you name it. I do well, usually.

First off, gyro sucks. Take a hike. Secondly, can't make control changes until you quit out of a match. And then I found sensitivity was WAY too high (using Pro Controller, btw) so that's a round and then a backout every time I want to tweak it till I find something good.

I killed one person in like 6 games. I was insta-murdered every time anyone even looked in my direction. Time to Kill is insanely fast for a game like this. I tried painting areas but someone would just come up and merc me before I could even react.

I'm not seeing the appeal. I just don't understand how what I just played is considered good.

I'm not trolling or trying to be salty about it. As a new Nintendo owner, I was excited to check out the best of what I'd missed all these years. This felt... bad. :(

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Ugh this game owns so hard why is it just for an hour

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Taking me a little while to get used to the controls but this is really fun :). Never played before and this is a definite buy for me now.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

uh

im probably going to buy splatoon 2

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Feenix posted:

New Nintendo owner here, my take on Splatoon TestFire is not very positive. I'm no stranger to multiplayer games, first person shooters, third person shooters, you name it. I do well, usually.

First off, gyro sucks. Take a hike. Secondly, can't make control changes until you quit out of a match. And then I found sensitivity was WAY too high (using Pro Controller, btw) so that's a round and then a backout every time I want to tweak it till I find something good.

I killed one person in like 6 games. I was insta-murdered every time anyone even looked in my direction. Time to Kill is insanely fast for a game like this. I tried painting areas but someone would just come up and merc me before I could even react.

I'm not seeing the appeal. I just don't understand how what I just played is considered good.

I'm not trolling or trying to be salty about it. As a new Nintendo owner, I was excited to check out the best of what I'd missed all these years. This felt... bad. :(

Has gyro in Zelda not kinda paved the way for you? Def giving me a leg up.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Also new people you can SuperJump at any point from the map even after spawning in game and this can be a Big Help for a large push or grouping up against an enemy teammate

Oh, that's what that loading tip meant! I tried to do it outside the map. This is good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Modus Pwnens posted:

What if I feel like a squid?

acceptable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Feenix posted:

This is because they are using gryo aim :ssh:

• Locked thread