Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Aquaman is going to drink like a fish and belt showtunes as god intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Music is generally timeless except when it comes to pop - so bagging on using that song is dumb as well.

The OP was referencing how there is a band called Steppenwolf and also the JL villain is called Steppenwolf so they should have used that band to be on-the-nose clever

hth

Electromax
May 6, 2007

McCloud posted:

Yeah but like, why is Batman now imitating Nite Owl who's an impotent imitation of Batman?

Is Snyder emphasizing the point that Batman is feeling powerless and out of his depth against alien invaders? Or is he literally just saying Batman is impotent?

Shades are cool, everyone from Neo to the Terminator knows it. In JL2 I bet they'll all have them.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Guy A. Person posted:

The OP was referencing how there is a band called Steppenwolf and also the JL villain is called Steppenwolf so they should have used that band to be on-the-nose clever

hth

Also the White Stripes are bad, so it would have been better than this.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/WBPictures_Mx/status/845295191749746688

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

thrawn527 posted:

Oh please don't mistake my post for attacking it. I loving love Icky Thump.

Guy A. Person posted:

hth

Not at all :) I've seen other users post stuff like, "WB STUCK IN 2009!!?"

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The White Stripes sell an "Icky Trump" shirt now.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That's nice.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

McCloud posted:

Yeah but like, why is Batman now imitating Nite Owl who's an impotent imitation of Batman?

Is Snyder emphasizing the point that Batman is feeling powerless and out of his depth against alien invaders? Or is he literally just saying Batman is impotent?

Batman just needs goggles. Calm down.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Aquaman should just be Momoa bumming around as his normal chill super buff bro self.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vintersorg posted:

Not at all :) I've seen other users post stuff like, "WB STUCK IN 2009!!?"

Ah gotcha.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yo are they pulling a Fantastic 4 and putting bungee cords on Battle Armor Barry?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scyantific posted:

Yo are they pulling a Fantastic 4 and putting bungee cords on Battle Armor Barry?

theyre friggen like ELECTRIC ropes because he makes so much drat electric nonsense when he run around but also he lives in a warehouse loft decked out like the inside of that ship from the matrix so the lightning seems kinda harmless if he just keeps a ton of computer monitors on 24/7 but Ttheyre to HARNESS like...his power, man

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

bring back old gbs posted:

theyre friggen like ELECTRIC ropes because he makes so much drat electric nonsense when he run around but also he lives in a warehouse loft decked out like the inside of that ship from the matrix so the lightning seems kinda harmless if he just keeps a ton of computer monitors on 24/7 but Ttheyre to HARNESS like...his power, man

I hope this movie's Flash is secretly ten times as rich as Bruce Wayne because he's a nerd who's into computers, but also super fast. Even if he procrastinated for 23 hours of the day he'd still get more poo poo done in that 1 hour than all of us combined.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

I hope this movie's Flash is secretly ten times as rich as Bruce Wayne because he's a nerd who's into computers, but also super fast. Even if he procrastinated for 23 hours of the day he'd still get more poo poo done in that 1 hour than all of us combined.

Typing that fast & zappy can't be good for a keyboard, though.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
He probably has a reinforced desk and uses one of those holographic keyboards.

Scyantific posted:

Those cords are basically to keep the armor strapped to him, I'm assuming, since if they were rubbing against each other they'd chafe away into nothingness. Maybe the cord is some super strong adamantium teflon cable.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Snyder Flash is the ultimate bitcoin miner.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SnyderVerse Flash used to have tons of money but then SnyderVerse Green Arrow was like "steal from the rich give to the poor" and stole all Flash's money because he doesn't know who the Flash is.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Now that Affleck has dropped out of directing The Batman, I'm actually more interested in DC does with Aquaman than any of the other movies. I can't recall too may films that take place primarily underwater.

There's The Abyss, Das Boot, Hunt for Red October, 20,000 Leagues, etc. but they're usually in a vessel. Aside from animated films, I can't really think of a live action film that uses the ocean as its main environment.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Mamoa looks cool, but they are pushing the "Aquaman is cool now! Seriously guys!" angle so hard that I am concerned that he is going to skateboard into battle and be hyper violent because he ain't no pussy.

He is the prophesied sea horse who mounts the world.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Now that Affleck has dropped out of directing The Batman-
this is odd for me, but I guess I never really considered Affleck some genius director. He's okay. Fine enough. None of his films ever blow me away or anything. Mel Gibson's a better director. Was Affleck directing really the key part of The Batman's hype & appeal? Cuz I always figured it was more from people liking his Batman, and he's still...the Batman.

Matt Reeves isn't the most thrilling choice I guess, but I don't see some large gulf in ability between him and Affleck.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

this is odd for me, but I guess I never really considered Affleck some genius director. He's okay. Fine enough. None of his films ever blow me away or anything. Mel Gibson's a better director. Was Affleck directing really the key part of The Batman's hype & appeal? Cuz I always figured it was more from people liking his Batman, and he's still...the Batman.

Matt Reeves isn't the most thrilling choice I guess, but I don't see some large gulf in ability between him and Affleck.

Based on The Town, Affleck was a solid choice as director, but, yeah, it's not like Zack Snyder, David Ayers, or Ryan Coogler where it's such a killer choice that it seriously raises my expectations for the movie.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Affleck directed 3 movies that got a lot of critical acclaim (Argo won Best Picture). People liked his take on Batman as well. So people were rightfully excited to see him do a Batman movie in which he had control behind and in front of the camera.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'll go to bat for Affleck for The Town and Gone Baby Gone, but Argo was rough, and Live by Night felt like him trying to simultaneously ape Scorsese and the Coens.

Basically, his work was better when he was focusing on his acting and being incredibly tentative about his directing, and it's flipped the other way now.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BiggerBoat posted:

Now that Affleck has dropped out of directing The Batman, I'm actually more interested in DC does with Aquaman than any of the other movies. I can't recall too may films that take place primarily underwater.

There's The Abyss, Das Boot, Hunt for Red October, 20,000 Leagues, etc. but they're usually in a vessel. Aside from animated films, I can't really think of a live action film that uses the ocean as its main environment.

I thought you were about to list every submarine movie for a minute there.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

I thought you were about to list every submarine movie for a minute there.

Down Periscope, ...

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Along with Aquaman I think there's 2-3 live action underwater movies in the works currently by various studios. I'm pretty stoked for Aquaman for the same reason as you, it's a dope environment ripe for modern effects.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Scyantific posted:

I have a theory that the wires are there to help him run faster. When he extends his arms and legs while running, it would create tension and wires spring together creating momentum. That's how it works in my head anyway

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I like that the flash suit is made out of materials similar to spacecraft materials and think the cords look cool. I know I'm probably alone here.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Looks good to me too. Gives it a bit of an ad-hoc look without looking cheap on-screen.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

The armor and cords are made out of "goes fast".

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Punkin Spunkin posted:

For me the appeal of Affleck directing was that I had imagined(however naively) that he, as the guy playing Batman and the biggest star this whole universe they're creating, would be much more free to flex his directing muscles than whoever else they might be able to get. So I had high hopes that we'd get a less traditional Batman movie that we've had in the past. And Affleck is undeniably a competent director, so its not like this would be his first rodeo.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It wouldn't surprise me if Ben wanted/needed some breathing room from constant bat badgering and Batfleck will actually will be co-directed by Matt and Ben.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Time for Cyborg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irZPHW-2zV0

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

Looks good to me too. Gives it a bit of an ad-hoc look without looking cheap on-screen.

we should date :3:

I don't see the problems others have with Cyborg.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cyborg looks great in motion.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Making Cyborg a RoboCop with design cues from Transformers, tying the Mother Box to the alien AllSpark, sounds good to me. Also a bit of The Signal with the polygonal limbs, which while a pretty lousy movie overall (Brenton Thwaites), the involuntary-augmentation portions were solid and relevant.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Not the main environment by any stretch, but Thuderball had a bunch of underwater sequences back in the 60s that were technically impressive but made for kind of a slog to watch IMO.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Sir Kodiak posted:

Making Cyborg a RoboCop with design cues from Transformers, tying the Mother Box to the alien AllSpark, sounds good to me. Also a bit of The Signal with the polygonal limbs, which while a pretty lousy movie overall (Brenton Thwaites), the involuntary-augmentation portions were solid and relevant.

Same. Plus his dad/creator is Miles Dyson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
One thing that blows my mind is how completely insane the powers in the DC universe are. Look at Superman. This guy has more powers than French restaurants have ways to say “your taste in wine is atrocious”. He has powers to do with every part of his body and then some. He forgets powers sometimes. He can shoot heat rays out of his eyes, frost breath from his mouth and red son radiation from his rear end. He’s that sort of crazy dude. All because he absorbs solar radiation.

Look at Batman. His power? The anti-power. Sure, he should be some tame, kung fun master of not much, but instead he’s the hottest poo poo to ever poo poo on a plate. You got a power? He’ll find your weakness and give you seizures or heart attacks. He’ll light you on fire when you’re sleeping or make you recharge your green lantern ring in the power outlet. Ten thousand volts of gently caress you batman. That’s Batman.

But the loving Flash, my god, my loving GOD, this man has the greatest powers of all. If Superman’s powers are being sucked off by twin super models and batman coming home to discover your wife is not only bisexual but has two friends she wants you to ‘get in on’ then the Flash is an orgy with a thousand women who also want to pay your World of Warcraft billing. And click the mouse for you. This man is just that loving hot. They have to power him down in the comics half the time just to keep him from doing everyone else’s job.

Ok first off, he can travel at lightspeed. Mother gently caress! Not only does he travel at lightspeed, but time slows down for him. So he feels like he’s having a casual jog or reading the paper, meanwhile, his feet are moving so fast you can hear him coming from Montana while he’s already gotten to Arizona. That’s loving fast. But wait! The ability to move at Lightspeed just isn’t loving enough! I know! Christ this guy can punch you so many times in a second you’ve been hit five times in the cock and two times everywhere else. You think you’re about to fight the Flash and then it hits you, for the last split second he’s beaned your beanbags with more blows than you had sperm. But no, there’s more!

The Flash can also vibrate through walls. Now last I heard, you can not move so fast you can vibrate through walls, so what actually happens is the Flash is so fast he can pick and choose the movement of his individual molecules and move them through other solid objects, phasing through solid matter like it ain’t no thing. I mean you think a guy who runs at lightspeed would run into poo poo but no, the Flash just goes right through them. To top that with a cherry and some whipped cream (which the Flash made in like a millisecond, fucker) he can selectively choose to cause objects to be “okay” afterwards or loving EXPLODE. That’s right. He can run through you and make you blow up by transfering kinetic energy into you. Like Jesus. IT’s bad enough you can’t hit this guy, but he doesn’t even have to punch you. Now your testicles have exploded and you’re thinking you’re about to hit him. Jesus? Just give it up. He’s the loving Flash.

Now imagine that somehow there’s someone who can get around the Flash blowing your balls up secret ninja technique. Ok. He can also control the flow of energy between objects. This power makes no sense but basically he can throw a rock at you, and you think it’s going slow and then he’s like WHOOHOOO WIZARDLY FLASH POWERS and bam it’s going at lightspeed. So he can throw seven million rocks at you in a second then make them all goes different speeds thus striking your nads with seven million rocks one after the other.

But wait! There’s more! He can also take energy from the very power of speed and make clothes out of it. Yes. Flash makes his pants out of GOES FAST. The man is so fast he can make Flash pants that GOES FAST go right into. I don’t even start to understand the physics of that but basically SPEED == REALLY TIGHT UNDERWEAR AND COOL LIGHTNING THINGIES OVER THE EAR. You would think this is the end of it but ok let’s say Flash is fighting Superman and poo poo he’s going to lose and gently caress how is Superman THIS loving strong? I don’t know he must be Superman fused with Batman into some sort of guy with tons of plans on how to punch you far harder than anyone else ok to end it off the Flash can GO BACK OR FORWARD IN TIME ON COMMAND. How do you beat this dude? You’re thinking you’re hashing him good, laying down the beatdown, missing your balls and suddenly BAM YOUR MOM FELL DOWN THE STAIRS TWENTY YEARS AGO and there’s a dent in your forehead and Superman not thunk so gud no more. Actually she didn’t fall down the stairs the Flash put speed into them so they fell up her! gently caress you Flash! You moved the stairs to Soviet loving russia! RUSH-A! Bitch.

Oh, and lastly his greatest power is he isn’t fast in bed. He takes it slow and gets all the ladies with his superpowers then actually satisfies them in the sack. Who the Hell is this guy? You’d think he could AT LEAST be a premature ejaculator since his penis is moving at lightspeed but NOOOO he’s even good in bed.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Wolverine sucks cock and should go die in a freak greasefire.

• Locked thread