Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Perez force the dems left?
This poll is closed.
Yes 33 6.38%
No 343 66.34%
Keith Ellison 54 10.44%
Pete Buttigieg 71 13.73%
Jehmu Green 16 3.09%
Total: 416 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

JeffersonClay posted:

Actually that thread was about how democrats should tie Trump to the shittiest aspects of capitalism like Wall Street and environmental destruction but I guess it's too much to expect you to read for comprehension in the midst of a raging tantrum.
And then that gets them into office, maybe, and then what? They keep sucking Wall St. dick and implementing environmental half-measures? The sort of theater you're talking about, without concrete changes to policy to back it up, counts as "doing nothing". It may help get elected in the short term, but without policy in place to help people, even the best-case scenario is that we're right back here with Trump Jr. running for President in 2028 and winning to the consternation of Serious People such as yourself and the surprise of almost no one else. The rest of us want to reorder the Democratic party so that it can do some good, and people like you who think we're better off rearranging deck chairs and trying to wring another zero-mandate victory out of the grimy mop of triangulation, frankly you've got poo poo ideas to the extent they can be called "ideas", and the earnest persistence with which you advocate them doesn't endear you to anyone. You lost, badly - move aside and quit being a pain in everyone's rear end.

So yeah, that quote in your av perfectly sums up where you stand, whether you're willing to come to terms with the fact of it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

And it [JC's anti-Trump thread] completely ignores the fact that Democrats are to close to Wall Street to even participate in such clearly advantageous political theater. That's why this thread is more important for the time being. The DNC can't implement a proper anti-Trump strategy without making serious changes itself.

E:

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 24, 2017

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

JeffersonClay posted:

Again, manufacturers were moving jobs to Mexico before the passage of NAFTA, which you are still ignoring.

The point that you are so doggedly ignoring is that it doesn't really matter if NAFTA was the actual, original cause of deindustrialization in the Rust Belt or not (and of course it wasn't - deindustrialization's roots go back to at least the 50's, and the decline actually started in the 70's). The point is, the Clinton Administration did very, very little to alleviate this, and NAFTA just pinned a big target on their backs that said, "Hey, that factory that just closed in your town? It's in Mexico now! But someone's net worth in New York went up, so...congratulations!"

There is very, very little reason for Rust Belt voters who abandoned the Democratic Party to trust them, because of moronic "Third Way" strategies that embraced deregulation, supply side economics, and "welfare reform." The Republicans may be worse, but that's not much of a reason for those folks to vote for more centrist Dems like Hillary Clinton (or Cory Booker, or whoever they try to run in 2020).

e:

JeffersonClay posted:

Actually that thread was about how democrats should tie Trump to the shittiest aspects of capitalism like Wall Street and environmental destruction but I guess it's too much to expect you to read for comprehension in the midst of a raging tantrum.

Another thing you keep ignoring is my point that winning the presidency while leaving Congress and state governments in Republican hands (which is the best-case outcome of your strategy) is a pretty pyrrhic victory.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 24, 2017

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Where did Democrats learn that "the new normal is just the way it is" and "can you imagine the impact this would have on American competitiveness?" are compelling slogans that should be communicated to an external audience?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

The Kingfish posted:

And it [JC's anti-Trump thread] completely ignores the fact that Democrats are to close to Wall Street to even participate in such clearly advantageous political theater. That's why this thread is more important for the time being. The DNC can't implement a proper anti-Trump strategy without making serious changes itself.

E:

Is that thread even still active I don't think I've read it out seen it I the first page in a few days

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

call to action posted:

Where did Democrats learn that "the new normal is just the way it is" and "can you imagine the impact this would have on American competitiveness?" are compelling slogans that should be communicated to an external audience?

In the 90s really. "We are Reagan too" was kind of a thing already under Bill Clinton.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

call to action posted:

Their donors, I presume.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

call to action posted:

From all the Rockefeller Republicans that became Democrats

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

KomradeX posted:

Is that thread even still active I don't think I've read it out seen it I the first page in a few days

Effectronica drove it to suicide.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

jeffersonclay's thread was extremely bad, but im glad he found his way to this one because i really value his perspective and i think he inspires some very lively, productive debate over the future of the democratic party

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

The point that you are so doggedly ignoring is that it doesn't really matter if NAFTA was the actual, original cause of deindustrialization in the Rust Belt or not (and of course it wasn't - deindustrialization's roots go back to at least the 50's, and the decline actually started in the 70's). The point is, the Clinton Administration did very, very little to alleviate this, and NAFTA just pinned a big target on their backs that said, "Hey, that factory that just closed in your town? It's in Mexico now! But someone's net worth in New York went up, so...congratulations!"

There is very, very little reason for Rust Belt voters who abandoned the Democratic Party to trust them, because of moronic "Third Way" strategies that embraced deregulation, supply side economics, and "welfare reform." The Republicans may be worse, but that's not much of a reason for those folks to vote for more centrist Dems like Hillary Clinton (or Cory Booker, or whoever they try to run in 2020).

You claimed rust belt voters abandoned the democrats because the 90's was when their jobs started disappearing and their communities fell apart. That just isn't true. Now you've completely reversed yourself and are claiming Rust Belt voters abandoned democrats because of Bill Clinton's policies. Again, it seems extremely convenient that Rust belt voters are aware of Bill Clinton's policies from two decades ago, but are too overwhelmed by poverty to be aware of the policies Obama passed which clearly benefitted them, like auto industry bailouts and the ACA.

quote:

Another thing you keep ignoring is my point that winning the presidency while leaving Congress and state governments in Republican hands (which is the best-case outcome of your strategy) is a pretty pyrrhic victory.
I am not advocating ignoring the house and senate, quite the opposite. Opposing unpopular presidents has historically been an excellent way to make gains in midterm elections like in 2006 and 1994.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
JC is so steeped in garbage ideology, that he doesn't consider himself an ideologue, which is why he's so incredibly annoying and bad to argue with.

Who the hell​ thinks the Democrats have been doing just fine and that people need to appreciate them more???? That is not healthy opinion to hold when the party is failing massively.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Kilroy posted:

You lost, badly - move aside and quit being a pain in everyone's rear end.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

JeffersonClay posted:

You claimed rust belt voters abandoned the democrats because the 90's was when their jobs started disappearing and their communities fell apart. That just isn't true. Now you've completely reversed yourself and are claiming Rust Belt voters abandoned democrats because of Bill Clinton's policies.

Wrong on both counts. My point has been, since the beginning of this discussion (and you can check yourself! Go back and do it!), that the Democrats failed in 2016 to make it seem like they took the Rust Belt working class' misery seriously, empathized with them, and wanted to stop the neoliberal policies that hurt them. The point isn't that the Dems were the original cause of all of this; no one here has claimed that. The point is that the Dems did not do enough to help. Your brand of pearl-clutching and concern trolling only enables that poo poo.

Barack Obama himself nailed why he got enough blue collar Rust Belt votes to win, while Hillary did not:

“I won Iowa not because the demographics dictated that I would win Iowa, it was because I spent 87 days going to every small town, and fair, and fish fry, and VFW hall. And there were some counties where I might have lost, but maybe I lost by 20 points instead of 50 points...There’re some counties that maybe I won that people didn’t expect — because people had a chance to see you and listen to you and get a sense of who you stood for and who you were fighting for.”

Clinton failed to seem like she gave a poo poo about people who were really, genuinely suffering. The JeffersonClay strategy seems to suggest that there's nothing to be done about this, and the Democrats really shouldn't bother trying to recapture those voters - those that defected to Trump will stay home in 2020, and the Dems will win the presidency.

This is, to say the least, a pretty short-sighted strategy.

quote:

I am not advocating ignoring the house and senate, quite the opposite. Opposing unpopular presidents has historically been an excellent way to make gains in midterm elections like in 2006 and 1994.

The reason why the Dems retook Congress in 2006 was because the Republicans tried to privatize social security, you idiot.:psyduck:

Majorian fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 24, 2017

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Frijolero posted:

Who the hell thinks the Democrats have been doing just fine and that people need to appreciate them more.

Literally no one thinks that.

Why is it the dumb leftists can't engage with any of the actual arguments being made?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

Why is it the dumb leftists can't engage with any of the actual arguments being made?

Hillary did. That's why she was Obama term 3 and her campaign slogan was America's already great.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

JeffersonClay posted:

What is your actual argument, JC? On what basis are you opposing the Dems appealing to economic justice? Be specific. Because it seems like you don't disagree with us on anything, except when you're strawmanning.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JeffersonClay posted:

YOU think that

JeffersonClay posted:

Again, it seems extremely convenient that Rust belt voters are aware of Bill Clinton's policies from two decades ago, but are too overwhelmed by poverty to be aware of the policies Obama passed which clearly benefitted them, like auto industry bailouts and the ACA.

You think workers should immediately recognize the great Democratic policies of Obama. You fail to mention that the bailouts and ACA are neoliberal half-measures that Hillary ran on and failed with.

Literally everyone else understands this, but lefists are the "dumb" ones.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

Wrong on both counts. My point has been, since the beginning of this discussion (and you can check yourself! Go back and do it!), that the Democrats failed in 2016 to make it seem like they took the Rust Belt working class' misery seriously, empathized with them, and wanted to stop the neoliberal policies that hurt them. The point isn't that the Dems were the original cause of all of this; no one here has claimed that. The point is that the Dems did not do enough to help. Your brand of pearl-clutching and concern trolling only enables that poo poo.

Majorian posted:

A: they don't have to know much about policy to know that poo poo started going badly for them in the 90's. They lost their jobs to outsourcing, automation, and the collapse of industries like steel and coal. Their standard of living cratered when Clinton started making it harder for them to survive as they scrambled to find new jobs. They may not be terribly well-informed, but they can put two and two together.

Rust belt voters seem to have both a high and low level of policy knowledge depending on the needs of your argument at the time. If they had a high knowledge of policy, they would realize that the ACA was the biggest expansion of the safety net in a generation and that the democratic platform was as progressive as ever. But instead they got conned, like you said. The narrative is incoherent.

quote:

Clinton failed to seem like she gave a poo poo about people who were really, genuinely suffering.
This argument is a lot more plausible but it has nothing to do with policy!

quote:

The JeffersonClay strategy seems to suggest that there's nothing to be done about this, and the Democrats really shouldn't bother trying to recapture those voters - those that defected to Trump will stay home in 2020, and the Dems will win the presidency.

This is, to say the least, a pretty short-sighted strategy.

Can you quote me articulating this strategy because it doesn't sound like one I've advocated.

quote:

The reason why the Dems retook Congress in 2006 was because the Republicans tried to privatize social security, you idiot.:psyduck:

The 2006 election had nothing to do with Bush's deeply unpopular war in Iraq, got it. :rolleyes:

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

What is your actual argument, JC? On what basis are you opposing the Dems appealing to economic justice? Be specific. Because it seems like you don't disagree with us on anything, except when you're strawmanning.

Here's one I made in reply to you less than 24 hours ago.

JeffersonClay posted:

If Democrats need to make some leftward concession to shore up their base, the three options seem to be trade, welfare, and wall street. My preferences would look like this:

1) Wall Street. Jailing some dudes from wall street, making GBS threads on them in speeches, and advocating strong financial regulations isn't much of a lift. Nobody likes Wall Street so it's a low risk strategy. It probably wouldn't help the average person much, although regulations might stop another financial crisis on a long-term timeframe, and it wouldn't do much to address inequality, except maybe slow it down at the edges, but it would be a political win. Policy impact C-, Politics A.

2) Welfare. Advocating a larger welfare state would actually help people the most of the three options. It might be popular, but it's a higher risk strategy because Republicans are good at using the southern strategy to get working class whites to vote against handouts to minorities. Policy impact A, Politics C+ due to unertainty.

3) Trade. Solutions that would actually help people aren't easy to explain or sexy (capital controls?). Policy impact C politics D. Solutions that are popular (repeal Nafta) would be disasterous for the poor. Policy impact D-, Politics B.

Demonizing wall street seems like the best compromise between political risk/reward and actual policy impact. It's also really easy to tie Trump to Wall Street. But if the rust belt really didn't trust Hillary because of trade, getting their votes is a lot trickier. I guess you could make arguments about capital controls under the umbrella of Wall Street regulations but I wouldn't expect anything that wonky to actually resonate with non-college educated rust belters.

Dumb leftists will ignore it, again. I'm not talking about you, you're one of the good ones.

JeffersonClay fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 24, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

Dumb leftists will ignore it, again.

1) would actually help income inequality a bit. The 2008 recession has been recovered from, but only by the rich. You can reasonably expect the inequality gap to grow when we have recessions in our current system, so punishing obviously risky behavior like the poo poo Wall Street is pulling should help slow that down
2) reality does not bear out your risk assessment here. We're literally living in times where right wingers are mad at trump for his healthcare bill screwing the poor over.
3) NAFTA hurt the poor in a lot of places and continues to do so. A sudden repeal would be harmful to the poor like sudden ppaca repeal would be, but it does need to be phased out because it's directly responsible for the immigration situation which helps republicans atm.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

JeffersonClay posted:

Rust belt voters seem to have both a high and low level of policy knowledge depending on the needs of your argument at the time. If they had a high knowledge of policy, they would realize that the ACA was the biggest expansion of the safety net in a generation and that the democratic platform was as progressive as ever.

Healthcare premiums are too expensive. That is why people don't like the ACA. It was well known since before the law passed that this would likely be the case.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

JeffersonClay posted:

Dumb leftists will ignore it, again. I'm not talking about you, you're one of the good ones.

Leftists will read it, and think "that's a very bad post".

It's a bad post because of what it reveals about your ideology and your thoughts on life.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 24, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JeffersonClay posted:

By the way, Majorian is just as much of a "dumb leftist" as the rest of the people responding to you, he's just way too civil.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm for whatever the rich are against. The country will be on the same page eventually.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the eyes of a feckless centrist, ACA was a sweeping healthcare bill which saved everyone's lives and auto bailouts were a masterstroke of political brilliance which the average rust belt voter should drink a beer to every Friday night.

Nevermind the fact that Obama pushed stupid, neoliberal austerity for 8 years.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Never forget how Obama desperately, and I mean desperately, tried to slash Social Security and Medicare. Real hero of the common man, there.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Majorian posted:

Well, Bush did; Congress didn't actually even try to move legislation

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

call to action posted:

Never forget how Obama desperately, and I mean desperately, tried to slash Social Security and Medicare. Real hero of the common man, there.

Fulchrum will be along to tell us shortly that it is precisely this failure to suck off billionaires that middle america punished by not electing Hillary

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Trump voters in Wisconsin said that immigration/trade was their most important issue by over 20 points. Meanwhile, Clinton doesn't mention H1-B1 visas on her website, goes before certain magazines and says that it's "heartbreaking" when American IT workers have to train their replacements, then mentions in an article about selecting Tim Kaine that we need H1-B1 to be able to import better welders, etc. There was an amount of duplicitous behavior in everything on the topic of trade, rather than outright explicitly laying down a policy, and I read her performance in the Northeast as a rejection of that rather than leftist tax, healthcare, and education policy.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

1) would actually help income inequality a bit. The 2008 recession has been recovered from, but only by the rich. You can reasonably expect the inequality gap to grow when we have recessions in our current system, so punishing obviously risky behavior like the poo poo Wall Street is pulling should help slow that down
2) reality does not bear out your risk assessment here. We're literally living in times where right wingers are mad at trump for his healthcare bill screwing the poor over.
3) NAFTA hurt the poor in a lot of places and continues to do so. A sudden repeal would be harmful to the poor like sudden ppaca repeal would be, but it does need to be phased out because it's directly responsible for the immigration situation which helps republicans atm.

NAFTA (or free trade) repeal would not help the poor, manufacturing jobs aren't coming back and prices would necessarily rise.

Your 3) is proving my point about uncertainty around the politics of welfare state expansion. Republicans use xenophobic and racist appeals to oppose the welfare state, both by fearmongering about immigrants (and brown people) benefitting more from welfare, and by freamongering about generous welfare policies attracting more (lazy) immigrants. We are literally living in times where Trump rode a wave of white resentment into office and where the Nordic countries are watering down welfare benefits due to waves of nonwhite immigration.

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Leftists will read it, and think "that's a very bad post".

I'd prefer shitposts about my actual position to shitposts about an inane strawman position.

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Healthcare premiums are too expensive. That is why people don't like the ACA. It was well known since before the law passed that this would likely be the case.

Why's Bernie working his rear end off to defend the ACA then?

WampaLord posted:

By the way, Majorian is just as much of a "dumb leftist" as the rest of the people responding to you, he's just way too civil.

No he makes reasoned arguments that address things other people have actually posted and is not in the midst of an enraged tantrum.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

majorian, just to put this to rest,

are you a dumb leftist y/n

are you in the middle of an enraged tantrum y/n

thanks in advance

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Ytlaya posted:

Also, I feel like BI NOW GAY LATER and a few other posters are looking at some of the really dumb leftist posters in threads like this and feel that any opinion they hold must inherently be wrong because the person holding it is dumb. This isn't necessarily a conscious thing; it's more that there's this general feeling of "I don't like this dumb guy, and have a gut feeling all their conclusions must be wrong because the logic they use to reach those conclusions is flawed." As a result, they automatically assume from the beginning that any positions these people hold are probably false and then seek out an explanation for why they're false. I feel like this sort of thought process begins from a logical place ("you should be skeptical of the things a person who is demonstrably irrational believes") but then takes it too far and instead forms a strong bias against anything such people say (a "Hitler liked dogs, therefore dogs are bad" situation).

The reason I'm addressing these posters instead of the aforementioned dumb leftist posters is because 1. even if they sometimes have dumb reasons, the latter generally want the same things I want politically and 2. dumb leftists have very little power in our political system, so it doesn't make sense to focus much effort on them (while dumb "centrist/mainstream" Democrats do hold the most power within the party). .

If the smart leftists want to make a list of dumb leftists I should ignore, I would appreciate it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

NAFTA (or free trade) repeal would not help the poor, manufacturing jobs aren't coming back and prices would necessarily rise.

Your 3) is proving my point about uncertainty around the politics of welfare state expansion. Republicans use xenophobic and racist appeals to oppose the welfare state, both by fearmongering about immigrants (and brown people) benefitting more from welfare, and by freamongering about generous welfare policies attracting more (lazy) immigrants. We are literally living in times where Trump rode a wave of white resentment into office and where the Nordic countries are watering down welfare benefits due to waves of nonwhite immigration.

Actually, the trump voters getting angry about the state of AHCA directly contradicts your theory.

As for NAFTA repeal hurting the poor, it's hard to hurt them more than wiping out the wealth of the Mexican poor to the point where they have to sneak into a country full of people who hate them just to make ends meet. NAFTA pitting the poor of our two countries against each other is way worse than any small price increase from NAFTA phaseout would cause. Stop pretending NAFTA is designed to help anyone but the richest members of the US.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

JeffersonClay posted:

If the smart leftists want to make a list of dumb leftists I should ignore, I would appreciate it.
democratic-party.txt

(it's all the leftists :ssh:)

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/845375946970533888

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

Actually, the trump voters getting angry about the state of AHCA directly contradicts your theory.
It really doesn't. Would they support expanding the welfare state if they didn't believe trump was going to kick out all the illegals, build a wall, and heavily restrict immigration?

quote:

As for NAFTA repeal hurting the poor, it's hard to hurt them more than wiping out the wealth of the Mexican poor to the point where they have to sneak into a country full of people who hate them just to make ends meet. NAFTA pitting the poor of our two countries against each other is way worse than any small price increase from NAFTA phaseout would cause. Stop pretending NAFTA is designed to help anyone but the richest members of the US.

Those impacts are in the past. Net Mexican immigration is actually negative. The Latino immigrant populations that are growing are from further South. Price increases don't need to be very large to have significant negative impacts on people who are barely making ends meet.

Kilroy posted:

democratic-party.txt

(it's all the leftists :ssh:)

I'm pretty sure the person telling us to stop engaging dumb leftists (you) was himself a leftist.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

JeffersonClay posted:

So again, where's the disagreement? In what way are you opposed to appeals to economic justice? Why do you oppose the Sanders/Warren/Ellison wing of the party taking over and, you know, actually winning?

Calibanibal posted:

majorian, just to put this to rest,

are you a dumb leftist y/n

If I am not in the state of dumb leftism, may God put me there; and if I am, may God so keep me.

quote:

are you in the middle of an enraged tantrum y/n

thanks in advance

I am, but it's work-related, and I am good at compartmentalizing, so everyone here is safe.

This is what I was hoping their response would be. "What reform will we work with you on? How about Medicare for all?"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Majorian posted:

This is what I was hoping their response would be. "What reform will we work with you on? How about Medicare for all?"

You might want to read that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

The reason I'm addressing these posters instead of the aforementioned dumb leftist posters is because 1. even if they sometimes have dumb reasons, the latter generally want the same things I want politically and 2. dumb leftists have very little power in our political system, so it doesn't make sense to focus much effort on them (while dumb "centrist/mainstream" Democrats do hold the most power within the party).

:agreed: That's the big reason why there needs to be as much dogged emphasis on sharpening the focus on economic justice: institutional inertia. The Democratic Party has not focused more than the bare minimum of effort behind that cause for quite a while. The remaining Clintonistas need a big push to get moving.

WampaLord posted:

You might want to read that again.

It looks to me like he's saying "expand Medicaid." What am I missing?

• Locked thread