Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

All is well now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

quote:

Furthermore, in a bid to minimise the oscillations, it is understood that Alonso and Stoffel Vandoorne have been asked to change gear in a different rev range – which is costing some laptime.

How is this not an absolute crisis? Like Honda should be pulling resources from other projects to solve this immediately.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That reminds me of a really old ford transit van I once owned. "If the clanking gets really loud then get ready to open the box under the gear stick and hit things with this hammer until it changes gear"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

That reminds me of a really old ford transit van I once owned. "If the clanking gets really loud then get ready to open the box under the gear stick and hit things with this hammer until it changes gear"

Yeah but an old wanker of a Transit is still fit for purpose. Based on all evidence thus far 3 years of McLaren Honda are still shitboxes from day one. It's a goddamn shame that they haven't been competitive throughout a season since the early 2000s.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Looking at just how loving grim it is makes Alonso's 12th in free practice pretty drat impressive, too bad they'll be at the back row once everyone else turns the engine up.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

Is this just a hobby for Honda?

If the posts from that retired Honda F1 engineer are to be believed, then yes it is.
Like they're literally dragging their own name through the mud on the world stage for the sake of running a training program for junior engineers.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Looking at just how loving grim it is makes Alonso's 12th in free practice pretty drat impressive, too bad they'll be at the back row once everyone else turns the engine up.

He's a really good GP2 driver, what else would you expect?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

For gently caress sakes man. Can Honda not act like hobbyist here? You are at the pinnacle of Motorsports, loving act like it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

He's a really good GP2 driver, what else would you expect?

A GP2 car would not be this bad.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Dude. Your av is just like...the worst.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

lmbo that Stroll avatar holy poo poo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

Dude. Your av is just like...the worst.

I love that I've wound people up this much.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

1500quidporsche posted:

I love that I've wound people up this much.

You bought it yourself

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

It honestly seems like they've taken a step back from last season.

This is what happens when you design a brand-new engine from scratch because you wasted 3 years on a very lovely concept. Also you didn't hire anyone that had experience with this formula and also you don't listen to your consultants.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
We can add the 2015-2016 Honda Engine to the list of ultra-compact engine designs that don't work.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Is this just a hobby for Honda?

This has been the rationale for all of their F1 programs. It was extremely successful once, but not so much other times.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

julian assflange posted:

You bought it yourself

The last avatar I bought got replaced like a day after I bought it, it's funnier seeing what people come up with at this point. The Ron one was my favorite but the Highlander quote is a nice touch to this one.

Human Grand Prix posted:

This is what happens when you design a brand-new engine from scratch because you wasted 3 years on a very lovely concept. Also you didn't hire anyone that had experience with this formula and also you don't listen to your consultants.

I still say they should've used atleast part of last year exploring TJI or some other concept instead of throwing everything at the wall at once like they have.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember when Mclaren was proud of the back of the car, size zero i think? What happened?

Also i hope Ferrari can put herself between the mercedes. I think Vettel and Kimi are better than not Rosberg, i dont remember the dudes name right now.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

The last avatar I bought got replaced like a day after I bought it, it's funnier seeing what people come up with at this point. The Ron one was my favorite but the Highlander quote is a nice touch to this one.

I thought it was you that compared Stroll to Are Jacques (:canada:) with the Highlander strapline? Or did I spend :10bux: on misattributing it? Either way, those amazing driver pics were too good an opportunity to not buy an av.

GramCracker is next on my poo poo list. I'm sick of seeing sexy Fernando nonchalantly wink at me.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Posting UK times because I have it open on another tab.

Saturday: Qualifying 5am

Sunday: track parade 4:30 am. pit lane live 5am. race start 5:30am

Yes this factors in the clock change.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

Goodpost. Thank you.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That sounds like something I would say to be honest. I do definitely remember saying he was in the mould of Villeneuve.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Stroll seems like a pretty bad Canadian tbh. I doubt he even drinks bag milk.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Nice warm day today so that I could drop the car roof and me and the missus went tearing through empty countryside roads.. im all fired up for the season opener now.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

It's actually illegal to sell milk in bags where I live and I've seen the milk bag thing all of once in my life, I'm constantly baffled why Americans think this is a Canadian institution.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Nice warm day today so that I could drop the car roof and me and the missus went tearing through empty countryside roads.. im all fired up for the season opener now.

Unless you explicitly state the engine so I can imagine the note then I just don't believe a stranger on the internet :colbert:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

I was watching the KU game last night and they had a Honda commercial come on where at the end of it the doofy spokesman guy is like "...and at Honda we build engines like this" and the camera pans over to an Indy Car that peels off into the sunset. It felt like a massive troll and I hope they buy ad space for it during the F1 broadcasts all season. I could not stop laughing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Their Indycar engine is actually good, as opposed to bad.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Race start at half past the hour? how does that work?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wuffles posted:

I was watching the KU game last night and they had a Honda commercial come on where at the end of it the doofy spokesman guy is like "...and at Honda we build engines like this" and the camera pans over to an Indy Car that peels off into the sunset. It felt like a massive troll and I hope they buy ad space for it during the F1 broadcasts all season. I could not stop laughing.

It'd be interesting to see how their IndyCar V8 'de-tuned to not lunch itself' competes with their V6 'brick in a washing machine.' For all the terrible press they're getting I've loved the Hondas I've owned for their ridiculous against the prevailing wind manufacturing ethos, infuriating as it often is.

I even got rid of my absolutely brilliant diesel Honda (their first diesel, one of the finest diesel engines ever mass produced) to switch to a BMW V8 because BMW are the engine savants and I've always held their V12 M12 in the highest regard. It was like going from a happy marriage to an abusive relationship.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I don't think it starts at half past. My calendar says it starts at 1am EST.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

keevo posted:

I don't think it starts at half past. My calendar says it starts at 1am EST.

Pit lane live on SSF1 is 1 hour long, so it starts at 6am UK time.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You guys know the official F1 website gives you the session start times in your own time zone right?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I did not.

Also the 'expert's predictions' are still not available on GP Predictor. What gives?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

1500quidporsche posted:

You guys know the official F1 website gives you the session start times in your own time zone right?

Yeah but when I last checked the Australian GP it said it was Saturday 9 PM eastern time :pwn:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

It bloody well does not for me. I spent nearly two weeks thinking it was on at 4pm and planned a house decoration around the wrong times. :shakefist:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

*Looks on my calendar*

gently caress keith

It's 6am with the clock change, so 5am as we're looking at it now

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Norns posted:

Only the bad Canadians drinks milk out of bags.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
It's repeated around midday is my rule of thumb if the boozing precludes me from getting up at a weekday time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They are predicting rain for quali :rms:

• Locked thread