Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oath is your recommendation right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

oath is your recommendation right?

7 is really good too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah Oath is a great single protag one and 7 introduces the party stuff. And hell I&II is a good time too for some high speed bumping action.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Holy gently caress I took a look at the Euro sale and uh:

I would trade all of these deals for the Neptune VS Sega deal that the US got, if i could

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

univbee posted:

Also check out Euro-using regions like France, might have better prices and the games are generally playable in English (same SKU as the UK). That said you MUST get codes for whatever specific country you signed up for, so if you create a France PSN account you can't use Euro currency codes intended for Germany, for example.

I have never seen anything being cheaper in € than in GBP. Also Bloodborne GOTY is 25$ instead of the 18$ that it was last month in the US. :(

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

In Training posted:

Ys I&II, Oath in Felghana and Ys Seven are all discounted on Vita this weekend as well but it's not part of the Flash Sale.

Thanks for this :tipshat:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I do love how every flash sale has almost no Vita games save for a single Neptunia game. It happens every time.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Eezee posted:

I have never seen anything being cheaper in € than in GBP. Also Bloodborne GOTY is 25$ instead of the 18$ that it was last month in the US. :(

I'd have to double-check (I'm Canadian so not sure if that has an impact). It could also be the simple fact that the prices of things in Euro typically round off better for paying with gift cards without leftover, since they're almost invariably multiples of 5.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Takoluka posted:

$12 Nep Sega is good.

i need a saga, whats the saga?
it's songs of the nep

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Here's your Drop, fam.

Anoxemia PS4 — Digital
APB: Reloaded PS4 — Digital (Out 3/31)
Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Volume 2 (PS2 Classic) PS4 — Digital (Out 3/27)
Fated: The Silent Oath PS VR — Digital
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition (PS2 Classic) PS4 — Digital (Out 3/29)
Has Been Heroes PS4 — Digital
Heroes of the Monkey Tavern PS4 — Digital
Horse Racing 2016 PS4 — Digital
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix PS4 — Digital, Retail
Korix PS VR — Digital
MLB The Show 17 PS4 — Digital, Retail
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren’s Call PS4 — Digital
Old Time Hockey PS4 — Digital
Punch Club PS4 — Digital (Out 3/31)
R.B.I. Baseball 17 PS4 — Digital
Rain World PS4 — Digital
Salt and Sanctuary PS Vita — Digital
SkyKeepers PS4 — Digital (Out 3/31)
Snake Pass PS4 — Digital
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard PS4 — Digital, Retail
We Are The Dwarves PS4 — Digital
Wonder Boy Returns PS4 — Digital (Out 3/30)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Cool, wasn't that a pretty decent harvest moon game?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Super No Vacancy posted:

i need a saga, whats the saga?
it's songs of the nep

You can't even Nep it!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looking forward to that Wonder Boy remake.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I do love how every flash sale has almost no Vita games save for a single Neptunia game. It happens every time.

And a pretty good rally game, but no one in the US cares

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Looking forward to that Wonder Boy remake.

Man, I kniow the term "look like a flash game" gets overused for pretty much anything that uses sprites these days but this looks like a Flash Game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hv0LYQ90-0

It especially is hurt by how amazing the other Wonder Boy game we're getting like a week later looks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pUOJzNUdRE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol wait what the hell is Wonder Boy Returns. I thought that was the Dragon's Trap remake was.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Lol wait what the hell is Wonder Boy Returns. I thought that was the Dragon's Trap remake was.

It looks like a remake of the Adventure Island Wonder Boy rather than the good Wonder Boy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Wonder Boy Returns is trash and should not be confused with Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap which is an incredible looking remake (transfar your save to and from the Master System game!)

There's also Monster Boy in the Cursed Kingdom, which looks alright.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

...! posted:

None of that other than "die plentifully" could be applied to the Souls games. Most of the things you've listed are actually the exact opposite of how the Souls games are.

Not insulting you, but have you actually played the Souls games?

Dark Souls is all about exploration, it gives you a Master Key to start the game with. There are, like, seven possible first bosses you could encounter depending on how willing you're willing to take a side road. On top of that, Dark Souls allows you to retain items, but lose currency; death therefore might be preferable if it means you can get to a desired item before it comes. The game doesn't punish you for exploring, and it doesn't tell you very much.

La Mulana is ten layers of interdimensional weirdness more complex and opaque in its background and enviromental elements, but they both inspired in me that similar sense of scope, dread, and an emphasis on skill and careful progression.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It looks like a remake of the Adventure Island Wonder Boy rather than the good Wonder Boy.

There's two good Wonder Boys but that is still neither of them.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, yeah, Asha isn't even a boy to begin with!

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
If I make a EU account, can I play those games online?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

What the gently caress there's a third one?

No big loss from the looks of it, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nawid posted:

If I make a EU account, can I play those games online?

Once you've downloaded them you can play them on any account you like so just use your main account with Plus to play online

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

I recently bought a Vita and i'm really hoping that we can get some good Nep sales in Europe soon, too

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hells yeah, Evil Within for 6 bucks

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Evil Within wasn't bad and for $6 I'd say thats pretty drat good. I think a lot of it got fixed but jesus it took some big patches.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yeah i bought it when it came out and gave it away before i got into it

im gonna give it another shot

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Your avatars made that much more confusing than it should have been.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Is it still forced letterbox on ps4? I've been watching CJacobs' Let's Play and am considering picking it up but I don't want to grab it for ps4 if it's a significantly worse version of the game. I know it's going to look better on pc, but is the framerate steady on ps4?

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf
Sony's Newsletter has a 20% of code within it.

It's 20% of the entire contents of your shopping cart and expires 3/31/2017.

The email header is [PSN Username], see what's new this week and came from PlayStation@playstationemail.com

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Dang, wish I'd seen that before I jumped on $20 worth of games

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

HONKER24 posted:

Sony's Newsletter has a 20% of code within it.

It's 20% of the entire contents of your shopping cart and expires 3/31/2017.

The email header is [PSN Username], see what's new this week and came from PlayStation@playstationemail.com

Are you using yours? Haven't seen one yet, but if someone has one to spare, I'd appreciate it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

For whatever reason I haven't gotten an e-mail from PlayStation about anything that wasn't a receipt e-mail since November, I don't know why as I have the setting enabled but I keep missing out on these coupons because they just don't send me any general advertising e-mails anymore!

Anyway, I noticed that Hong Kong got something a little different yesterday and I'm pretty curious about it: Xuan Yuan Sword: the Gate of Firmament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJGOj86WSg0

It's some kind of Chinese RPG from what is apparently a long line of them, and the version in the Hong Kong store is both English/Chinese (the trailer on the HK PSN has English text) so I think I might want to give this a go. It's 194 HKD so that's kind of expensive ($30 USD for the 200 HKD card) but has anyone ever heard of this series before?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Thoughts on Drawful 2, Fibbage, or Quiplash? I recall general Goon praise for the Jackbox Party packs, but don't remember if there were particular standout games in there or what.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Policenaut posted:

For whatever reason I haven't gotten an e-mail from PlayStation about anything that wasn't a receipt e-mail since November, I don't know why as I have the setting enabled but I keep missing out on these coupons because they just don't send me any general advertising e-mails anymore!

Anyway, I noticed that Hong Kong got something a little different yesterday and I'm pretty curious about it: Xuan Yuan Sword: the Gate of Firmament.

It's some kind of Chinese RPG from what is apparently a long line of them, and the version in the Hong Kong store is both English/Chinese (the trailer on the HK PSN has English text) so I think I might want to give this a go. It's 194 HKD so that's kind of expensive ($30 USD for the 200 HKD card) but has anyone ever heard of this series before?

I'm pretty much the same way, it's like sony knows you and I probably spend enough on PSN without discounts, so we don't need incentives. I've even doublechecked and I opted in to every email option from sony. I even get the emails for purchases, and the emails for the 'your $15 voucher is now ready' which comes from PlayStation@playstationemail.com anyway.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Policenaut posted:

It's on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/427030/

It's made in Unity, I think, charming and cute, and also features Engrish.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jolo posted:

Is it still forced letterbox on ps4? I've been watching CJacobs' Let's Play and am considering picking it up but I don't want to grab it for ps4 if it's a significantly worse version of the game. I know it's going to look better on pc, but is the framerate steady on ps4?

You can now remove the letterbox. The framerate is still a mess on the PS4 Amateur, but I've seen videos of it running on the Pro and the framerate is MUCH better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Debating between Nioh for $40 or Nioh + Season Pass for $53 on PSN. What's the consensus?

I've played and Platinumed all the Souls games and Bloodborne for reference.