Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I have no idea. It was like it went through some bizarre committee where at first they wanted a LoL/SC2 style system of Silver 1, 2, 3 and so on, then they began to question whether they should spice it up some, so then they added the word "Nova" to Gold. Then they were like, actually, let's make like every rank seem special and rewarding and unique, so they just threw cool words like master and elite and eagle everywhere and hoped it stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Faceit or ESEA for soloQ EU?

esea for solo imo, FACEIT free queue is terrible until you elo up quite a bit

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Probably playing to the weird military fetishism that cs players have.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

esea for solo imo, FACEIT free queue is terrible until you elo up quite a bit

In EU I'm pretty sure faceit is going to be better unless ESEAs euro servers got better

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Photex posted:

In EU I'm pretty sure faceit is going to be better unless ESEAs euro servers got better

eseas euro servers are about a million times better than faceits, give or take a few 100k

stump collector
May 28, 2007
pay attention to the guy who actually forced himself to play faceit eu

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Phosphene posted:

Hiko is the most overrated "underrated" player in the scene. I've been saying he's mediocre while thooorin and NA have been sucking his dick.

I think the issue is Hiko got hyped to be this big bad play maker dude and he keeps trying to live up to that. If he switched up his play style and went more support player he'd be a lot more effective. Putting him in 1vX's just isn't what it used to be.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ESL One & EPL VAC rules changed

quote:

ESL has introduced changes to its rules related to VAC banned players and will now bar players from competing in its standalone tournaments only if the ban has happened in the past two years.
This now means that players like Joel "emilio" Mako, dream3r, Hovik "KQLY" Tovmassian, Gordon "Sf" Giry and Anil "cLy" Gülec will get another chance to compete at the highest level of CS. Players who have been banned for match-fixing do not fall under this rule, however, and will remain suspended indefinitely.

Interesting.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

More retarded to permaban match fixers than cheaters imo but maybe that's just me.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Jeza posted:

More retarded to permaban match fixers than cheaters imo but maybe that's just me.

match fixers who still technically weren't breaking any rules.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Kwilty posted:

match fixers who still technically weren't breaking any rules.

I don't think it was defensible particularly, but it wasn't some sinister fraud ring. It was a zero stakes game and a bunch of people decided why not make some skins. Maybe some were more guilty than others. I'd rather they got a 1-2 year ban than people maliciously intending to cheat. I ask myself what would pervert the course of more games, throwing zero consequence matches or a cheater on a top team. And it seems to obviously be the latter.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Jeza posted:

I don't think it was defensible particularly, but it wasn't some sinister fraud ring. It was a zero stakes game and a bunch of people decided why not make some skins. Maybe some were more guilty than others. I'd rather they got a 1-2 year ban than people maliciously intending to cheat. I ask myself what would pervert the course of more games, throwing zero consequence matches or a cheater on a top team. And it seems to obviously be the latter.

I'm really trying to understand the rationale behind this move. Like why on 3/23 drop a "o we're unbanning the vac guys". Furthermore, does that mean that everyone is released from their VAC after 2 years now?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Kwilty posted:

I'm really trying to understand the rationale behind this move. Like why on 3/23 drop a "o we're unbanning the vac guys". Furthermore, does that mean that everyone is released from their VAC after 2 years now?

This is ESL specific, they've always had a lenient policy towards cheaters. They've had cheater rehabilitation and ban reductions for a long time for people caught via ESL Wire. This just changes their policy to also cover VAC bans I guess. The match-fix bans are different because they were handed down by Valve themselves. Theoretically those players could play in ESL and EPS already, just not in any Valve affiliated ones.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
The next eu major just went to pgl

esl is mad that they hired dazed

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Stumbletron posted:

The next eu major just went to pgl

esl is mad that they hired dazed

valve: hey man we have all the sympathy in the world for people who get caught by our anti-cheat but throw one no-stakes game? you and everyone you know is BANNED

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
unban ibp, let my beautiful boy dazed play again

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Valve, I would buy SO many dazed and swag stickers given the opportunity.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Who wants to queue up for mm?
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015637148/

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 24, 2017

stump collector
May 28, 2007
no thanks

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Michael Scott posted:

Please friend/matchmake with me, I am stuck in this hell in matchmaking where I am good enough to consistently do well on my team but bad enough where I can't carry a team where there are 1+ stragglers and we end up losing.

I have done really dumb annoying things on our PGS in the past so I'm not wanted there, and I have no friends from there :(.

VVVV This is a mean person.

you are a damaged human being, please seek help

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Michael Scott posted:

Please friend/matchmake with me, I am stuck in this hell in matchmaking where I am good enough to consistently do well on my team but bad enough where I can't carry a team where there are 1+ stragglers and we end up losing.

I have done really dumb annoying things on our PGS in the past so I'm not wanted there, and I have no friends from there :(.

VVVV This is a mean person.

you will get out of elo hell if you get better at carrying your team

stump collector
May 28, 2007
here let me rewrite your post in a way that is not weird / pathetic

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I have all the maps excet Office and Canals checked off and somehow managed to get Assault twice in 3 games.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

you are a damaged human being, please seek help

The pots calling the kettle a n****

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hell yeah mr pink

i just said no thanks because i hate mm, and i have no rank so i don't think i can play with you at all without winning a game on my own first. not gonna happen

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Gingerbread House Music posted:

The pots calling the kettle a n****

? Who are you?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

When did ozmiander become a racist

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

When did ozmiander become a racist

About when you got to be a good poster

stump collector
May 28, 2007
well my point was that MM sucks sorry this had to happen boys

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

stump collector posted:

well my point was that MM sucks sorry this had to happen boys

sub.io is just as bad, but you can get to know what to expect from each bad person in the match.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

sub.io is just as bad, but you can get to know what to expect from each bad person in the match.
its the hacking, friend

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Btw if anyone's still got -threads 4/8 in their launch options, try turning it off.
I have a 6600K and gained on avg. +100fps.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Btw if anyone's still got -threads 4/8 in their launch options, try turning it off.
I have a 6600K and gained on avg. +100fps.

I wish this game was more optimized

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

IT'S BACK

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Oz you haven't played in like a year and you were as bad as I was don't act like you're some sort of sub.io ambassador lol

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think he's talking about rude dudeness. Ozmiander is pretty nice iirc

Anyway one of the esl guys hinted that they may review the ibp bans. Obviously they are forever banned from valve events but it would be nice to see them play again. Also I don't think an organization would jump at the chance to hire a team that can't go to majors

stump collector fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 24, 2017

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

stump collector posted:

Anyway one of the esl guys hinted that they may review the ibp bans. Obviously they are forever banned from valve events but it would be nice to see them play again. Also I don't think an organization would jump at the chance to hire a team that can't go to majors

Probably wouldn't need a big org though. They could actually probably be a self sponsored org. Stream certain scrims from all 5 perspectives. Play ESL etc. for extra cash. The lack of a major would suck, but they could totally ride the, "If they could play in the majors they would wreck everyone" wave for a while.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
swag steel hiko dazed olof
who says no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

stump collector posted:

would the ibp even leave streaming to play? also do you think they could rope summit into it?