Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Lemming posted:

I will never betray the Splattershot

My man :):hf::)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I need my trusty bucket back in my life.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The dualies were fun, but isn't there a way to aim them in two different directions or did I imagine that

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm gonna have to tear myself away from Zelda tonight to play Splatoon

The Switch is pretty neat, dudes

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

chaleski posted:

I'm gonna have to tear myself away from Zelda tonight to play Splatoon

The Switch is pretty neat, dudes

remember the wii u

that was bad

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

I didn't think to check the settings for some reason but can you change them to be exactly like Zelda? Gyro and stick movement on both axes? Feel like that would be better for me after Zelda and using a Steam controller.

I really like the music.

Lobstertainment fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 24, 2017

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I was going to suggest that people can pick up the original from Amazon for $46 if this was their first experience, but I figure most people that own a Wii U that played today's test fire probably already own the original. Speaking of that, time to boot it up!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Testfire
You'll get caught up in the

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Lobstertainment posted:

I didn't think to check the settings for some reason but can you change them to be exactly like Zelda? Gyro and stick movement on both axes? Feel like that would be better for me after Zelda and using a Steam controller.

I really like the music.

Nope Gyro disables the Y axis on the stick. Honestly I don't even notice it anymore, but it took some getting used to at first as I recall.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

I missed the testfire because I forgot that I'm not in EST.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

Nope Gyro disables the Y axis on the stick. Honestly I don't even notice it anymore, but it took some getting used to at first as I recall.

Ok cool I'll manage. Now I think about it a few people were doing this on the steam controller.

Tried out the roller just before time ran out, an enemy was taking a tour of the outside of the map with his roller. I just followed him a few feet behind and painted over all of his hard work. He never even saw me :smug:.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
I can't play most of the Testfire times this weekend, and it doesn't come December 29th?!

:negative:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

squidgee posted:

I can't play most of the Testfire times this weekend, and it doesn't come December 29th?!

Wherever you saw December 29th is a placeholder date. It comes out this Summer.

Lmao at Nintendo releasing a tentpole game a few days after Christmas.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

squidgee posted:

Nah I think it's expected in "Summer" but no exact date yet. But yeah it's gonna be a tough wait either way... Already seems safe to say they nailed it, plus if its's like the original there should be gradual updates with new gear / levels and game improvement / balancing patches.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Splatoon 2 is certainly making me happy, the inability to play with just the tablet on the Wii U was the thing holding the first game back for me.

Incidentally found a Switch yesterday I'm enjoying it a lot.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ChocNitty posted:

Damnit, whatever router setting that is preventing online Fast RMX matches from connecting, is doing the same for splatoon. Gotta see if I can find what setting is causing it. NAT type is open, so it's not that.

Bit of a long shot, but do you happen to have two routers on the same network?

I spent a LOT of time debugging an XBone, but I have a very nonstandard setup.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Did anyone have success without DMZing their switch? I was hanging on the "finding a battle" load screen and it instantly disappearing seemed to correlate with flipping the DMZ on, but it may have just been timing and obviously I can't fiddle with it more now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I played some of the Splatoon 2 demo. It was ok, but whoever decided to lockout stick Y axis with gyro aiming needs to be shot. Why is that even a thing? Who thought that was good? It also would have been nice if it had told me how the special works. Maybe that popped up in the little tutorial area but I must have missed it while trying to climb a wall as it told me to. I'll try it again tonight but if they don't get rid of that stupid no Y-Axis while using gyro, it will be a hard sell. Especially if I don't have any fun in the next play times.

^^ My switch is connected to my wireless router which is behind another router which goes out to the internet. No DMZ and I connected just fine.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 24, 2017

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wherever you saw December 29th is a placeholder date. It comes out this Summer.

Lmao at Nintendo releasing a tentpole game a few days after Christmas.

🙌

Heck yes, I thought it was crazy that it was scheduled for release post-Christmas.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

I played some of the Splatoon 2 demo. It was ok, but whoever decided to lockout stick Y axis with gyro aiming needs to be shot. Why is that even a thing? Who thought that was good? It also would have been nice if it had told me how the special works. Maybe that popped up in the little tutorial area but I must have missed it while trying to climb a wall as it told me to. I'll try it again tonight but if they don't get rid of that stupid no Y-Axis while using gyro, it will be a hard sell. Especially if I don't have any fun in the next play times.

^^ My switch is connected to my wireless router which is behind another router which goes out to the internet. No DMZ and I connected just fine.

There's some visual cue that let's you know that you click the R stick to use a special, but I didn't notice it at first

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cojawfee posted:

What? I'm pretty sure both axes are active, because I had no issue moving with the right stick with gyro on.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Takoluka posted:

What? I'm pretty sure both axes are active, because I had no issue moving with the right stick with gyro on.

You can't move up and down with the stick when gyro is on. It's weird but I got used to it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can't move up and down with the stick when gyro is on. It's weird but I got used to it.

That's so weird. I guess I never noticed.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Honestly, I prefer not being able to gently caress up my vertical orientation while turning horizontally. It really hosed me up a lot in Breath of the Wild cause you can't recenter as easily as you can in Splatoon.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
I had meetings at work during the test fire. I even brought my Switch to work. gently caress you guys for having fun while I can't.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

You get used to it to the point that those of us who played the first one couldn't have told you that was the case until someone asked, because we simply forgot. Also yeah I found it was making me nuts in Zelda having my aim drift up/down while playing the same as I would in Splatoon far as turning with the stick until I was looking to fine tune.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I need my splatling gun to battle effectively :(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If Splatoon 2's campaign is anything like 1s than I would suggest playing the campaign with gyro. It taught me on 1 and made me realize my motion control criticism was wrong.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Kirios posted:

remember the wii u

that was bad

The Wii U was a good system with unrealized potential

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Where's the dang slosher :mad:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I think it's a pretty safe and uncontroversial opinion that your average game that comes out on PS4 and Xbox and Switch, I would probably get on PS4. (just for performance and graphics and such. (with some rare exceptions...)

But I don't let my 4 year old really mess with my PS4, and I think I want him to play Snake Pass.

I guess, my point is, I hope it holds up on the Switch. :)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Man I would think a PS4 would be safer for your 4 year old to handle than a Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

The Wii U was a good system with unrealized potential

:yeah:

Even though it's dead, it still has a better library of exclusives than the PS4 and X1 combined.

Plus you can play Wii and GameCube (with hacking) games on it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Woke up played Splatoon on TV.

Then moved into bed and played for the last half hour.

Then fell asleep again

Splatoon 2 is the new hotness :toot:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Solution to Switch not connecting to the eShop :siren:

You need to RESTART the Switch.

Steps
1.) On the Home screen HOLD down the power button and a menu will appear
2.) Select Power Options
3.) Select Restart (Or Power Off)
4.) Switch will restart and you'll be able to connect to the eShop again!

Sleep mode will NOT fix this, it has to be a proper restart or power cycle.

I tried manual DNS settings, turning on my old 2.4Ghz wifi, tethering to my phone, etc, etc.
Just needed a restart

:v:

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I was having this exact issue but restarting it seemed to work!

Should add this to the OP somewhere :toot:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Ugh I hate having to pick between physical and digital games. Digital is really convenient especially for multiplayer poo poo but that's literally the only thing going for it. Physical is cheaper, satisfies my dumb collector lizard brain, and can be shared/resold.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

parallelodad posted:

Man I would think a PS4 would be safer for your 4 year old to handle than a Switch.

It's docked.

Also... my PS4 is on a monitor in my home office not my tv room.

Man!!! Props to Nintendo repairs. Called Tuesday, shipped Weds. Arrived today. Replacement/repair shipped out this same day. 2 day shipping.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Finally got myself a switch in the brief period where they were on sale on Amazon today and I am beyond hyped. Is there a general consensus for what games are must buy right now? Bonus for any games that would be good playing on the bus on the way to work and back.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Talorat posted:

Finally got myself a switch in the brief period where they were on sale on Amazon today and I am beyond hyped. Is there a general consensus for what games are must buy right now? Bonus for any games that would be good playing on the bus on the way to work and back.

Zelda
Shovel Knight
Fast Rmx
Blaster Master 0
Binding of Isaac

Edit: Also grats fella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Talorat posted:

Download the Global Test Fire from the eshop ASAP (it's free) and join us splatting some toons.

EDIT: Assuming you get it in time, that is.

• Locked thread