Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

gently caress no. It's a ps3 game graphically, at best.

I swore I read it had HDR somewhere but couldn't find another source. Alright then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

I kinda hate hzd's use item interface, i get killed a lot scrambling to find the health drink in the long list of things

Yeah that was the one thing I truly couldn't stand about the interface. Even being able to just "equip" a few items like in Souls would have been a huge improvement. Or alternately, slow time down like when you are selecting from the wheel.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My take is that the potions shouldn't have been in the game. The medicine pouch was much interesting. They should have just made it so you could fill it at certain places on the map. Like,standing by a camp fire would refill it, and you could scavenge for plants for anything beyond a full Heath bar.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

My take is that the potions shouldn't have been in the game. The medicine pouch was much interesting. They should have just made it so you could fill it at certain places on the map. Like,standing by a camp fire would refill it, and you could scavenge for plants for anything beyond a full Heath bar.

Yeah, I'm not so far into Horizon but the potions surprised me. I guess they're for grabbing in combat off of enemies in scripted combat situations like the first human fight near the beginning? I dunno how often those happen in the rest of the game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Snak posted:

It's just not for everyone. It's amazing, but it's not for everyone.

To be fair no game is for everyone.

Also I wish this stupid niche thing would die

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I'm not so far into Horizon but the potions surprised me. I guess they're for grabbing in combat off of enemies in scripted combat situations like the first human fight near the beginning? I dunno how often those happen in the rest of the game.
They could just be carrying around little bags of weed instead of potions.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You can find health potions and meat in a 100+ year old ruined office building

Pretty sure the health potions are booze.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is it safe to order Persona 5: Steelbook edition off of Amazon? Or will they still cancel the order due to defect issues?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is it safe to order Persona 5: Steelbook edition off of Amazon? Or will they still cancel the order due to defect issues?

That was fake.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm having extreme latency issues with my controller. Including random disconnects.

Is there a controller that is wired rather than wireless?

Maybe just get a controller?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I think the new Dualshock 4 that came out with the Pro supports wired now.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it does yeah

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Phi230 posted:

I'm having extreme latency issues with my controller. Including random disconnects.

Is there a controller that is wired rather than wireless?

Maybe just get a controller?

Something is broken, that is not normal.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Just got my platinum on NieR Automata. Time to trade it in and get Horizon: Zero Dawn.

It is a good time for video games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Is Far Cry Primal fun? I saw it on the flash sale and I'm thinking about it, but I dunno how much fun it'll be compared to #4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-YQrbn-JQ

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno what to say to enemy attacks in Nier coming out fast.

Oh no, I meant my attacks come out fast. So you (I) end up over committing (getting greedy) and I hit when I should dodge.
That's all :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

Oh no, I meant my attacks come out fast. So you (I) end up over committing (getting greedy) and I hit when I should dodge.

Put on the shockwave and never get close

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Feenix posted:

Okay that makes a lot more sense. That boss in particular is like "I'm gonna kick you! I'm gonna kick you for real pretty soon! I mean it! You're really going to get it now!!" every time before he actually kicks.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 25, 2017

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm playing Dragon Quest Heroes because I craved another Hyrule Warriors, but it's not really clicking for me.

I'm only about 5 hours into it, but it feels more like a tower defence game (with pain in the arse boss fights) so far.

Does that gameplay ever change or is it basically this from beginning to end?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You get bigger monsters and the occasional more traditional Warriors stages but no that's it, the game is a lot more about the summoning monsters stuff.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ah, drat. I really loved the underdog slowly taking over a battlefield feel of HW. It's annoying but I might call it quits for DQH here if it's just this.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

try another musou if you want that, dqh was a bit... unique and slow for the series

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've preordered Musou Stars. I am hoping for something as fun as the first Orochi game but with a less dark setting. We'll see how it goes.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Well, beat Uncharted 3 and with this, the original trilogy is done.

I've written previously about what I didn't like about UC1 and 2 and 3 suffers from the exact same issues (my opinion) wich is garbage shooting mechanics. Melee doesn't help as it's slower always than a simple bullet on the head. Again, they HAD to put a lot of enemies with helmets and the whole "I'm tripping balls section and I see Ghost Riders everywhere" is pretty much one of the worst parts of UC3. Sure, in a game where you can headshot someone once and get done with a lovely gunfight, why not put enemies that require several of them and warp around to make this even worse.

Not everything is bad in my opinion and voice acting and the actual plot are really really good. Is just the controls that are awful and clunky after three games is what makes me think that Naugty Dog can't code for poo poo good controls and shooting. Art direction, music and the rest are top notch but makes me think that there's something wrong when I just want to hear Sully and Nate talk to each other and try to power through the awful gameplay. Trying to roll from a red laser and suddenly get stick to a wall, then trying to roll from a grenade, sticking to melee with someone that threw a grenade to the feet and not being to escape from the explosion is bad. Enemies hitboxes aren't working properly if they run towards you as sometimes headshots don't register or they give no imput at getting four bodyshots with an AR.

I played Tomb Raider 2013 and I expected something like that in the first three games but I found that the gameplay was boring while I enjoyed a lot the music, plot and again, the amazing voice acting. I don't know if I can compare this three games with the first three Gears of War since they were Microsoft's flagship (along with Halo series) but UC feel kinda short if you have to pick a better trilogy for the previous generation.

Now I'll give some weeks before going into UC4 to avoid getting exhausted from the series and I hope that they polished combat well enough since the rest is pretty much amazing.

So far since December I've beaten a good bunch of games on my PS4 since I got it and I'm in love with this console, so many good games to play.

Beaten:
-Uncharted
-Uncharted 2
-Uncharted 3
-Bloodborne (twice and keep going)
-Titanfall 2 (the SP is a goddamn masterpiece)
-God of War 3 Remastered
-Doom
-Dark Souls 2 SOTFS

In progress:
-Destiny (well, it's an MMO so not really going to "beat" it)
-Ghost Recon Wildlands

Upcoming:
-The Witcher 3 GOTY
-The Last of Us
-Uncharted 4
-Dragon Age: Inquisition

On my wishlist to buy:
-Yakuza 0
-Horizon Zero Dawn
-Nioh
-Nier:A but I know that I'll end getting it next year sonsidering what I have still to play.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
The best way to play Uncharted games is to put it on the easiest setting and just chill and enjoy the story.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kin posted:

Ah, drat. I really loved the underdog slowly taking over a battlefield feel of HW. It's annoying but I might call it quits for DQH here if it's just this.

Dont let your expectations ruin an excellent game

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I was optimistic that Andromeda was getting better after the jungle planet which felt effort had gone into it but then the next two planets were empty deserts with required car driving so back to red box it goes

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Anyone here enjoy Ratchet & Clank or Carmageddon? I have the urge to get Ratchet since I liked some Youtubes I saw (never played any of the series). However, Carmageddon would be a nice blast from the past. Played that on PC when it came out, would be fun to play the remake.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Sioux posted:

Anyone here enjoy Ratchet & Clank or Carmageddon? I have the urge to get Ratchet since I liked some Youtubes I saw (never played any of the series). However, Carmageddon would be a nice blast from the past. Played that on PC when it came out, would be fun to play the remake.

I was a huge Carmagrddon PC fan back in the day. Get Ratchet and Clank.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Morby posted:

I was a huge Carmagrddon PC fan back in the day.

Same, new game is so bad. It's like what happened to Wasteland 2. Too slavish to the old games and the old games are really only nostalgic good, not actually good at all.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've preordered Musou Stars. I am hoping for something as fun as the first Orochi game but with a less dark setting. We'll see how it goes.

I looked up a list of characters and didn't see Gitaroo Man. :( Its got Opoona though, I appreciate that at least.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I looked up a list of characters and didn't see Gitaroo Man. :( Its got Opoona though, I appreciate that at least.
Are all the characters even known for sure yet?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, William was the last announced one.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

HGH posted:

Yeah, William was the last announced one.
Well that's as easy as looking on the website but what I mean is, do you know there's no hidden characters?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I would do terrible, terrible things to see a reappearance, port or remake of Gitaroo Man. Let alone a sequel.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I kind of hate that PS Now is a thing, because I think streaming games is ultimately a dead end simply due to the laws of physics -- electrons can only go so fast -- and I think the existence of PS Now and how much Sony wants it to be A Thing are keeping a lot of PS1/2/3 games from ever being ported to the PS4.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It works good in a major city. But yeah

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Dont let your expectations ruin an excellent game

I dunno, i've never played any of the dragon quest games, but the whole thing just feels meh compared to HW.

Combat feels clunky, it's all basically defend x object missions, the music is kinda bland, the story is meh. I don't even feel like there's enough difference between the characters/combat to warrant playing one over another.

I can see it's got a lot of polish but it just feels so average and uninteresting while I play it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Uh dq music is v good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

It works good in a major city. But yeah
It works well enough in not-Tokyo Japan to play Ninja Gaiden with relative success but yeah, it's no substitute for actually having the game in front of you.