Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Part of project yorha says that around 4200 CE humans went extinct, and the genetic data on the replicants and gestalts was sent to the moon. BUt you know what now I',m confused. The intro video at the Bunker says that the aliens invaded in like 5012 AD... I'm not sure how that works out

I'm not sure there is a problem here. Human dna is shot to the moon. Androids and emil are wandering the planet. Aliens come in. Emil splits himself and fights back. He's essentially one of the main sources of resistance. Aliens get interested in what they're fighting(just look at the picture, emil mounted his face on some REALLY weird poo poo) and begin to counter it(ergo why emil's face fits perfectly in the robot heads, the eyes line up and why the robot head internals look like a grim Emil horror face). Machines become self aware, murder their masters. Endless android vs machine war goes on. I'm definitly skipping things here but I don't see a glaring issue in the humans already being gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mindblast posted:

Because the game literally tells you where to find it. :v:

Lol where does it do that?

I got super lucky in that I just randomly decided to fish there and got the pod first or second time, if I hadn't I'd probably never have known

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

I got super lucky in that I just randomly decided to fish there and got the pod first or second time, if I hadn't I'd probably never have known

Some Yorha folks at the bunker talk about somebody losing their pond in the water down by the town.

Eopia posted:

Humans went extinct before the aliens invaded, it's that simple. The game even explains what caused them to go extinct in the archive files you find.

But then I guess that means the Aliens created the machines to destroy the androids, not the humans. It's all so jumbled and horrible. Like the city ruins.

e:Oh I forgot about Emil

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 25, 2017

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
I just got ending 'D'? But the last ending I got was 'B'. Is the only difference between C and D that choice right at the very end? I dunno if I wanna play all over again if it is - seems like a lot of hours to get an end I can pretty much guess with the info I have. I think there's a "true end" in there somewhere too?

Also thank you whoever recommended using spears on 9S, it really made the combat so much easier.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

sunken fleet posted:

I just got ending 'D'? But the last ending I got was 'B'. Is the only difference between C and D that choice right at the very end? I dunno if I wanna play all over again if it is - seems like a lot of hours to get an end I can pretty much guess with the info I have. I think there's a "true end" in there somewhere too?

Also thank you whoever recommended using spears on 9S, it really made the combat so much easier.

Did you get chapter select? Because you can just jump right to that point in the story and make the other choice.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Sakurazuka posted:

The maintenance lady in town has some topics you can discuss. One of them is about how you'd go about acquiring new pods. She then tells you they're really rare, never sold and if you want one you need to find it. She heard that they're sometimes found in deserts and dropped in oceans. Two places that are very distinct in this game.

For the desert you get two pieces of help. If you want to be an early bird, you can find it through the high pitched tone it emits(I can still hear it despite not exactly being 18 years old). If not they basically point an arrow at it on the map a little bit later.

The ocean one is way simpler because, well, you can't swim plus there is only one section that has an ocean you can interact with through fishing. And it is not even picky - you can basically just fish anywhere in the zone to find it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

SHISHKABOB posted:

Part of project yorha says that around 4200 CE humans went extinct, and the genetic data on the replicants and gestalts was sent to the moon. BUt you know what now I',m confused. The intro video at the Bunker says that the aliens invaded in like 5012 AD... I'm not sure how that works out
Yeah i think the fact that not only are the two "sides" in this "war" dead and have been so for a very long time, they never even met in the first place is a pretty great icing on the incredibly obvious twist that humans are not actually on the moon. It certainly changed the involved stakes a bit and hits the nihilism theme pretty well, but it certainly makes for a much more interesting setting than "aliens invade earth, go punch them/their queen/core/brainmonster until they are all dead and the day is won" premise.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

sunken fleet posted:

You can now use chapter select to go back to where you made the choice and choose the other one.

This will also automatically unlock ending E, although you don't have to start it, you can say no and then come back.

In fact you might want to hold off on ending E until you've done all sidequests/upgrades/archives/blah blah blah you want to do and are good and ready to put the game down, on account of reasons.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

SHISHKABOB posted:

Did you get chapter select? Because you can just jump right to that point in the story and make the other choice.

Oh I did yea derp.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

sunken fleet posted:

You can basically chapter select to the crucial choice after selecting your save. Take the opportunity to finish anything else you wanna finish too, it's a lot easier now that you can just warp to the first half of the game. Oh, and please connect to the network.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Hegel is a pretty awful boss with balls just loving everywhere you can't keep track of and lasers all over the drat place.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Hegel is a pretty awful boss with balls just loving everywhere you can't keep track of and lasers all over the drat place.

Not to mention the sandstorm.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Easily my least favourite part of the game. And on top of that it tutorialises you into thinking using berserk mode would be a good idea!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Easily my least favourite part of the game. And on top of that it tutorialises you into thinking using berserk mode would be a good idea!

I gave up after trying three times and getting smashed by lasers each time.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Not to mention the sandstorm.

Yup! When I was down to like two balls I could hit I had to resort to spamming the lock on button because I just could not find the one I could still hit.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nuebot posted:

That's the only boss I didn't enjoy fighting. At all.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Are you guys playing on hard? Because while it wasn't exactly the most fun boss, it wasn't that bad.

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah tbh it tutorialized me into thinking it was bad, cause I used it a couple times and decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Has anyone else noticed a weird "iris" effect when playing this? The corners of my TV during gameplay seem darker than usual, making it look like the game's being viewed through an eye or something. Don't know if it's just me being neurotic.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Oxxidation posted:

Has anyone else noticed a weird "iris" effect when playing this? The corners of my TV during gameplay seem darker than usual, making it look like the game's being viewed through an eye or something. Don't know if it's just me being neurotic.

I haven't noticed any vignetting. Well, one specific thing does vignetting but it's incredibly evident it's just that.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
There's a move one character can do that darkens the corners of the screen.

A2's dash

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pesky Splinter posted:

I'm lovin' this poo poo:

Was about to ask for this, thank you. Related question so route C spoilers:
How did A2 beat them? 042 was talking poo poo about her not getting it, but I don't understand it either. :(

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

How did A2 beat them? 042 was talking poo poo about her not getting it, but I don't understand it either. :(

By letting more and more machine intelligence "parts", represented by the holo girls, gather in the same place without destroying them she eventually caused them to start arguing with each other.
The logic being that if there are enough of them hanging around in the same place some parts will start arguing with each other eventually.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

I basically thought of it as the equivalent of a memory leak.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

You can instantly tell who has defeated the Flower from Drakengard 3 and who hasn't, because loving NOBODY would complain about difficulty in Automata after that, especially in a game which gives the player....

The strongest weapons in the game by default
Infinite ammo long range machine gun
Spammable iframe dodge that makes you invincible
Can pause to heal with items
Chips rewards from quests that are OP for your level
AI partner that fights for you
Can run from most fights
Can just level up to negate difficulty entirely
Hacking is basically cheating but retards think 9S is bad because his combos are different from 2B and think hacking is a substitute for Heavy attacks, ughhhhhh

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Just a yes or no answer would suffice: is this "game is not yet installed" thing legit and not just Yoko Taro fuckery? I'm on PS4 and I could have sworn this was completely installed already.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Just a yes or no answer would suffice: is this "game is not yet installed" thing legit or am I dealing with Yoko Taro fuckery?

Yes

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I should have clarified. I'm gonna assume the yes is to the first part.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jack Trades posted:

By letting more and more machine intelligence "parts", represented by the holo girls, gather in the same place without destroying them she eventually caused them to start arguing with each other.
The logic being that if there are enough of them hanging around in the same place some parts will start arguing with each other eventually.

That makes so much sense...my cognitive abilities :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dang I just screwed myself out of fighting a cool miniboss by already having the quest items for a quest :( I got the data entry for it, but I wanted to fight it.

Also, story question here; Who was the machine that discovered hate? Was it A2?

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Mazerunner posted:

You can now use chapter select to go back to where you made the choice and choose the other one.

This will also automatically unlock ending E, although you don't have to start it, you can say no and then come back.

In fact you might want to hold off on ending E until you've done all sidequests/upgrades/archives/blah blah blah you want to do and are good and ready to put the game down, on account of reasons.

Huh you weren't kidding.

Minor (very) endgame spoilers. Is it possible to solo that end credit sequence? I tried like 20 times before I gave up.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Dang I just screwed myself out of fighting a cool miniboss by already having the quest items for a quest :( I got the data entry for it, but I wanted to fight it.

I don't know how you missed Adam's big speech about hate and conflict vs 2B. And when he talked about hate with 9S

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Adam, but not really, because while he was fascinated and wanted to understand it, ironically it was his brother Eve who really experienced it after Adams death.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

sunken fleet posted:

Huh you weren't kidding.

Minor (very) endgame spoilers. Is it possible to solo that end credit sequence? I tried like 20 times before I gave up.

I'm pretty sure it's possible if you have enough prior experience with shmups. I didn't see any unfairness in the patterns, they were just hard as balls.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tarezax posted:

I don't know how you missed Adam's big speech about hate and conflict vs 2B. And when he talked about hate with 9S

I forgot Adam had long hair, actually. It's been a while since I've seen him at all going from B to C routes

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Nuebot posted:

It was Adam. His obsession is what made him kidnap and torture 9S to provoke 2B, because he was born into instant violence and wanted to experience real hatred and death.

E: wow I shouldn't try to answer spoiler plot questions on mobile

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Nuebot posted:

probably Eve?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
oh this is a fast thread

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

The Machine intelligence developed along guidelines imitative of humans. A2 and 042 allowed the Red Girls to replicate so much that they fell to blows and destroyed themselves - a condensed and pessimistic version of human history. Without an android actively threatening them, they tore each other apart - a metaphor for why the cycle of war is happening in the first place. Also, this scene, along with the 9S's battle with the 2B replicas, was foreshadowed by the "Romeos and Juliets" play earlier in the game.

Beefstew fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 25, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Loss.jpg but with Adam and Eve

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Nuebot posted:

If you're talking about the Monster Type, it's still hanging out by the waterfall in the forest. You can still fight it. This happened to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Beefstew posted:

This probably should be in spoilers

The Romeos and Juliets play within the game is so Shakespearean, it's amazing