Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Went 3/11 and got DCecil, Yda, and Fran BSBs for a Lucky total of 10/33 with one dupe :stare:

My anniversary pulls are going to be poo poo but hey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm getting nervous because I've gone 7/33 so far with no dupes, and I know my luck isn't going to hold out

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Philouza posted:

Isn't that the truth. I think it'd be awesome to be a fairly new player and the results of 3 lucky draws and the anniversary choice changing your team completely.

That's the position I'm in. I technically first got FFRK right when it came out, got up to about 40 stamina, then didn't play at all until... the recent FF8 event was my first since I came back, I think, with Fujin and Raijin. My first pull was on that banner, and got me Quistis and Rinoa's bursts. So when I first came back I had no real breaks (besides those), nobody level capped even to 50 - I may as well have first joined at that FF8 banner. I didn't have any useful melee guys.

Now I got my first medic bursts off the banner two days ago, I've got Zidane in my party because I got his burst off the realm lucky pre-anniversary, and I'm still sitting on 300 mithril from churning through realm missions as fast as possible since the FF8 event. My plan is to draw once on every upcoming anniversary banner because I can't get dupes on half of them and the other half I only have one dupe chance. Maybe twice on the players' choice one.

My biggest concern is not getting items for some characters I already have, because I don't yet have enough Souls of a Hero to immediately purchase every character I draw an item for. (I lucked out on getting Vanille and Aerith for my healer draws, since I have both of those - and level breaks, too. The free generic Memory Lode IIs today are the first generic ones I've gotten, and I don't have many character-specific IIs from events yet either.)

It's pretty fun.

Prism fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 24, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

CaptainPsyko posted:

So is Master's actually!

Cool that it's considered "stupid good". It did look promising with 8 hits if you have the fury thing up.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Between this and getting Maria's BSB and, earlier, Y'Shtola's BSB. I think I've got a decent Baby's First A-Team forming up.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I got Vayne and Sephiroth BSBs and a dupe. Sephiroth is good for torment dungeons what with the defense piercing, right? Is Vayne's any good? It seems like if nothing else it's an ATK/MAG fist that boosts dark

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Between this and getting Maria's BSB and, earlier, Y'Shtola's BSB. I think I've got a decent Baby's First A-Team forming up.

Honestly pulling Shout right there means you can slap together a team of Ramza + healer + 3 randos with physical SBs and it will be enough to get you through most things. My A-Team for forever has pretty much been Ramza, Vanille and 3 interchangeable slots depending on what utility I need / weaknesses I can hit, etc. I'm slowly moving toward a mage team now, but that will seriously give you the flexibility to do pretty much everything except for Torment stuff / some of the more gimmicky Nightmare dungeons.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 24, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wait, when is Ultros banner? Tonight or tomorrow morning?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait, when is Ultros banner? Tonight or tomorrow morning?

Drops at 12:00 AM PST I believe.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Prism posted:

That's the position I'm in. I technically first got FFRK right when it came out, got up to about 40 stamina, then didn't play at all until... the recent FF8 event was my first since I came back, I think, with Fujin and Raijin. My first pull was on that banner, and got me Quistis and Rinoa's bursts. So when I first came back I had no real breaks (besides those), nobody level capped even to 50 - I may as well have first joined at that FF8 banner. I didn't have any useful melee guys.

Now I got my first medic bursts off the banner two days ago, I've got Zidane in my party because I got his burst off the realm lucky pre-anniversary, and I'm still sitting on 300 mithril from churning through realm missions as fast as possible since the FF8 event. My plan is to draw once on every upcoming anniversary banner because I can't get dupes on half of them and the other half I only have one dupe chance. Maybe twice on the players' choice one.

My biggest concern is not getting items for some characters I already have, because I don't yet have enough Souls of a Hero to immediately purchase every character I draw an item for. (I lucked out on getting Vanille and Aerith for my healer draws, since I have both of those - and level breaks, too. The free generic Memory Lode IIs today are the first generic ones I've gotten, and I don't have many character-specific IIs from events yet either.)

It's pretty fun.

drat that sounds fun. The half-price dungeons must translate into basically unlimited stamina right now.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Nihilarian posted:

funny you should mention Kain, since her commands are very similar to his - basically just a different element. On entry she hits 8 random and breaks atk/def in exchange for his 4 AoE and Enlightning. It's pretty good overall.

EDIT: Sky High is really only worth it if you have a dragoon enwind

I actually do have Fang's enwind SSB, but I missed the job motes when they came around the first time. Do we know when to expect more?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

1/11

Sarah's BSB, I'm miffed.

So all together:

Yuna SSB
Maria BSB
Seymour SSB
Serah BSB (Not Sarah, Serah is not Sarah, e and a is hard, I'm dumb)

Ultros banner owes me something cool to make up for that 75 mythril.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 25, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Philouza posted:

drat that sounds fun. The half-price dungeons must translate into basically unlimited stamina right now.

Yeah. Going through the Elite dungeons to catch up costs me about 95 stamina for 6 shards, and I have 11...9 now? I think? Around there anyway. I've been running a few when I have a bunch of time in a row, and then doing an orbfest run off a refill. I usually have just about enough stamina past an orbfest 90-stamina run to do another elite dungeon and pick up a couple more shards to start the next sequence.

IIRC the half-price realm dungeons lasts longer than the orbfest festival XP drops from the cactaurs, so when that happens I'll just clean up as far as I can. I'm doing it this way now to keep my mithril high for the festival banners. It's sure helped me catch up, at least.

Prism fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 25, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prism posted:

Yeah. Going through the Elite dungeons to catch up costs me about 95 stamina for 6 shards, and I have 11...9 now? I think? Around there anyway. I've been running a few when I have a bunch of time in a row, and then doing an orbfest run off a refill. I usually have just about enough stamina past an orbfest 90-stamina run to do another elite dungeon and pick up a couple more shards to start the next sequence.

IIRC the half-price realm dungeons lasts longer than the orbfest festival XP drops from the cactaurs, so when that happens I'll just clean up as far as I can. I'm doing it this way now to keep my mithril high for the festival banners. It's sure helped me catch up, at least.

The half-price realms go on until the end of the anniversary, orbfest ends a few days before.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

flowinprose posted:

Here's what I did (tl;dr version- go slow & build SB gauge, don't use hastega off the bat, save it for after the dispels):

Your advice helped a lot after switching to double white mage and spending several attempts getting the timing down, thanks!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Fat and Useless posted:

1/11

Sarah's BSB, I'm miffed.

So all together:

Yuna SSB
Maria BSB
Seymour SSB
Sarah BSB

For a low-quantity set of pulls that really isn't bad. I'd love Maria's and Sarah's(assuming you do mean FF1 Sarah and not Serah from XIII). Maria BSB is a great mage BSB. Not familiar with Seymour's. Yuna's SSB is also a real good one assuming miracle veil on the healer banner.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Fat and Useless posted:

1/11

Sarah's BSB, I'm miffed.

So all together:

Yuna SSB
Maria BSB
Seymour SSB
Sarah BSB

I'd pay 75 mythril for that :catstare: Maria BSB is top tier, Yuna SSB is an excellent CM medica, and Sarah BSB is something that could legitimately make your A team (don't be fooled by the low potencies on the commands, the MND buff more than makes up for them).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I really want to get my hands on Orlandu's OSB. Either for OSB spam or to do the OSB+BSB murder combo.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Baby's first A-team? Ramza + shout and Y'shtola + asylum means you can clear out 90% of the game's content. Especially when you toss Refia's BSB in to the mix because she'll murder the poo poo out of things. Maria's BSB is really nice too. Bring a Wall RW and you're good to go. If you have a Wall then bring an OK BSB to boost Maria's damage as well as ramp up Ramza/Refia's damage even more since it stacks with Shout.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Kawalimus posted:

For a low-quantity set of pulls that really isn't bad. I'd love Maria's and Sarah's(assuming you do mean FF1 Sarah and not Serah from XIII). Maria BSB is a great mage BSB. Not familiar with Seymour's. Yuna's SSB is also a real good one assuming miracle veil on the healer banner.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'd pay 75 mythril for that :catstare: Maria BSB is top tier, Yuna SSB is an excellent CM medica, and Sarah BSB is something that could legitimately make your A team (don't be fooled by the low potencies on the commands, the MND buff more than makes up for them).

No it's FF13 Serah... Sorry... Miracle Veil isn't useful for me with Vanille BSB and and Ysh already eating the Medica slot. Maria is cool and good. Seymour is meh compared to what I've got for dark casters.

One magic user upgrade is better than none.

Really I was looking for one newer physical damage BSB and not something from 6 months ago which is what I'm rocking. I'm switching to magic team with what I've pulled in the last 2 weeks unless Ultros throws something nice at me.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 25, 2017

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Evil Fluffy posted:

I really want to get my hands on Orlandu's OSB. Either for OSB spam or to do the OSB+BSB murder combo.

I have Orlandeau's OSB, Agrias's BSB, and Cid Raines's SSB in my main team. It straight up murders anything that isn't resistant to Holy.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Infidel Castro posted:

I have Orlandeau's OSB, Agrias's BSB, and Cid Raines's SSB in my main team. It straight up murders anything that isn't resistant to Holy.

My holy options are ever expanding.

Raines BSB
Hope BSB1
Agrias BSB
TG Cid OSB/BSB
Firion OSB
Warrior of Light BSB
Minfilia BSB
Ramza BSB
Pecil OSB

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah, I think I could run drat near 4 full Holy teams right now lol, this game throws holy SBs around like candy.

I somehow ended up with a ton of wind relics too, but aside from that and Dark I don't have a whole lot of options for most other elements.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Infidel Castro posted:

:stare:

If I had even just Orlandu's OSB (and Agrias's BSB) I'd probably have Tyro setup as a Wrath bot to feed Orlandu's murderous OSB rampage.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Right now I'm running a holy team centered around Agrias Imperil BSB and Firion enHoly into OSB, with the other three slots taken up by Shout (Cid), Support (Setzer or Barrett), and White Mage (Swapping between Selphie Mblink, Arc Pblink, and my new Vanille BSB). I'm realizing now how important it is to get Ramza's shout in order to combine Support and Shout roles. I keep hoping for a Wind team to come together but I spent several hundred mythril on both VII banners and didn't get a single burst (okay, I got a Tifa OSB but that isn't especially helpful). Actually lately I've just been RW Shout and swapping Cid out for Leila just because she's fun to use and I don't want to use my other holy burst (Hope) (gently caress you Hope).

I'm looking at my Physical Dark options now that I have Leon BSB, but my only Physical Imperil is Rufus. Who is....not great. But maybe I can make it work? I have Fusoya Imperil, but thats really more of a Mage thing (and I have a decent Dark Mage team already). Also I can't use him as a White Mage since he lacks a medica.

Something like:
RW Ramza Shout

-Seifer (BSB, SSB x2)
-Leon (BSB)
-Rufus (Imperil, plus maybe physical dark combo Death Throes/Reaping Scythe?)
-Support
-White Mage (Eiko w/BSB, I'm assuming once I get enough eggs to boost her up)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Infidel Castro posted:

Replace Agrias BSB with Minfilia's BSB and that's me. It's an awesome team.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I'm looking at my Physical Dark options now that I have Leon BSB, but my only Physical Imperil is Rufus. Who is....not great. But maybe I can make it work? I have Fusoya Imperil, but thats really more of a Mage thing (and I have a decent Dark Mage team already). Also I can't use him as a White Mage since he lacks a medica.

Something like:
RW Ramza Shout

-Seifer (BSB, SSB x2)
-Leon (BSB)
-Rufus (Imperil, plus maybe physical dark combo Death Throes/Reaping Scythe?)
-Support
-White Mage (Eiko w/BSB, I'm assuming once I get enough eggs to boost her up)

I'd give Rufus Wrath/Proshellga and chain together Imperil Dark casts. You might be able to keep up a permanent 40% dark weakness that way, maybe even 60% every so often.

Combat 4/White 4/Support 4/Darkness 5/Sharpshooter 5 is a sort of odd skillset, but access to Breakdowns, Wrath and Proshellga means he can fit pretty easily in a dark team.

edit: oh it's RW Shout. Switch Wrath with Lifesiphon then.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 25, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

pichupal posted:

I'd give Rufus Wrath/Proshellga and chain together Imperil Dark casts. You might be able to keep up a permanent 40% dark weakness that way.

Combat 4/White 4/Support 4/Darkness 5/Sharpshooter 5 is a sort of odd skillset, but access to Breakdowns, Wrath and Proshellga means he can fit pretty easily in a dark team.

I stack Imperil Holy all day with Agrias but for some reason it never occurred to me to stack the Imperil Dark. :shepface:

That might work out alright, I'll give it a try later. I've got to do something with all these stupid guns I got from chasing all the VII bursts.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I stack Imperil Holy all day with Agrias but for some reason it never occurred to me to stack the Imperil Dark. :shepface:

That might work out alright, I'll give it a try later. I've got to do something with all these stupid guns I got from chasing all the VII bursts.

Might be worth taking an extra swing at the Player Select banner for you, then. It has Ramza's Shout, Cloud's wind OSB, and OK's gauntlets, which would let you run an attack buff on a character with support access if you have motes (and if not, they're coming back soon). Not as strong of an attack buff as Shout, but it'll still do some work, and it stacks with Shout if you get it later or want to RW it, or just keep bringing Cid.

edit: Also, just saw that the abilities they are giving away are Bahamut, Syldra, and Lifesiphon, which seems odd.

I mean I'm happy about Bahamut because I already have him at R1 and I want more orbs to hone him, but Full Break seems like it would have been the better choice from a "general player" perspective. Syldra probably surprises me even more, just because I've literally never seen anyone talk about it - isn't it, like, objectively the worst of the 3 4-star lightning summons? And didn't we just get a free Lifesiphon a little while ago when raids were introduced?

They're all getting mulched for me, but I'm just curious why they went with those 3 specifically. I remember there was some weird mixup with the votes on the abilities, but I don't recall the details.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 25, 2017

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Might be worth taking an extra swing at the Player Select banner for you, then. It has Ramza's Shout, Cloud's wind OSB, and OK's gauntlets, which would let you run an attack buff on a character with support access if you have motes (and if not, they're coming back soon). Not as strong of an attack buff as Shout, but it'll still do some work, and it stacks with Shout if you get it later or want to RW it, or just keep bringing Cid.

edit: Also, just saw that the abilities they are giving away are Bahamut, Syldra, and Lifesiphon, which seems odd.

I mean I'm happy about Bahamut because I already have him at R1 and I want more orbs to hone him, but Full Break seems like it would have been the better choice from a "general player" perspective. Syldra probably surprises me even more, just because I've literally never seen anyone talk about it - isn't it, like, objectively the worst of the 3 4-star lightning summons? And didn't we just get a free Lifesiphon a little while ago when raids were introduced?

They're all getting mulched for me, but I'm just curious why they went with those 3 specifically. I remember there was some weird mixup with the votes on the abilities, but I don't recall the details.

I know we got a free Lifesiphon at some point because I have one and never actually created it with orbs.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

until recently my holy team was Edward (BSB)/Agrias (SSB2)/Firion (BSB), plus my healer and wall. Then I pulled Agrias BSB on the Burst LD :v:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Infidel Castro posted:

I know we got a free Lifesiphon at some point because I have one and never actually created it with orbs.

We got one Lifesiphon and one Curaise with the unrolling of Multiplayer, and we should be getting another Lifesiphon (along with Bahamut and Syldra) tomorrow with the anniversary bonuses. If you were around for the very first event Fang was in (the one where Lifesiphon was released), you got a third free copy in the bonus battles there.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 25, 2017

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
That will put me at roughly a hundred billion life siphons.

or five

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, I'm hoping primarily for Ramza Shout or OK Burst from the player's choice. Might take a second swing at it, we'll see. I can afford three anniversary pulls, and its looking like I'll probably wind up splitting them between some combination of Banner 2, the Player's Choice, and FFVI for another shot at Setzer. I want the X relics on Banner 2 because they don't recur (that I see on the spreadsheet), and I'm planning on pulling on the next X event (I have zero synergy and like the game so far, currently playing the HD remaster).

I'll be saving up primarily for that (Yuna USB and assorted Water team dudes) and VIII for Squall's Burst in all likelihood. The other anniversary banners either have too many dupes or aren't that appealing. Banner 1 I'd just be chasing after the OSB/USB, Banner 3 has a couple good bursts, but Raines recurs often enough, Banner 4 I have dupes and I can take another shot at stuff in the Tactics event, or in the Extreme fest Lightning banner that looks a lot better overall. Banner 5 eugh.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Re: the freebie abilities: Presumably everyone that's been playing long enough to have most/all of the abilities they need just voted for the two summons that were on the list for the express purpose of melting them down for a few extra summon orbs. I know that's what I did. I guess it's not such a big deal now that there's finally going to be an actual summon daily, but whatever. Lifesiphon is just a generally good ability that's useful in the majority of situations. I think I actually voted for that too, just to throw a bone to whoever might actually need these freebies. Go me for predicting all the winners, I guess.

In other news, I went 4/11 with 2 dupes on all three lucky draws. None of them were really outstanding pulls, but they were decent enough, and it's a stellar overall 5* rate.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Re: the freebie abilities: Presumably everyone that's been playing long enough to have most/all of the abilities they need just voted for the two summons that were on the list for the express purpose of melting them down for a few extra summon orbs. I know that's what I did. I guess it's not such a big deal now that there's finally going to be an actual summon daily, but whatever. Lifesiphon is just a generally good ability that's useful in the majority of situations. I think I actually voted for that too, just to throw a bone to whoever might actually need these freebies. Go me for predicting all the winners, I guess.

Counterpoint: Presumably everyone that's been playing long enough to have most/all of the abilities they need just voted for the two summons very few people ever make (because Bahamut got outclassed by Titan/Tiamat/Ultima Weapon, and Syldra's been overshadowed by Ixion for a while)

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
With Ultima Weapon, I could be wrong, but isn't Seymour the only Summoner 5 who can EnDark to actually take advantage of it being Dark?

I kind of wish I had a good summoner on my Dark Mage team but my options right now are either Emperor with Summon 4 or diving Golbez to Summon 4 and he has better things to do.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ultima Weapon can really only be abused by Seymour (or if you have a +Dark equipment), and Tiamat is finicky unless Alphinaud and/or a decent number of buffs.

Bahamut's main competition is maybe Titan, and +Earth equipment is rarer than Dark.

I'd probably say UW > Bahamut > Titan > Tiamat, because +Dark equipment isn't that rare, but your mileage may vary. Like I have Rydia's BSB so Titan's value went up.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

Counterpoint: Presumably everyone that's been playing long enough to have most/all of the abilities they need just voted for the two summons very few people ever make (because Bahamut got outclassed by Titan/Tiamat/Ultima Weapon, and Syldra's been overshadowed by Ixion for a while)

Fair enough. I'm an obsessive weirdo who's held onto exactly one copy of every ability I've ever made with the exception of a Holy I shattered for a quick orb infusion a long time ago (yes, I know I've spent way too much mythril on inventory space), so I hadn't really considered the possibility of a longtime player not having them. In the end, though, I guess it pretty much amounts to the same thing.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Mithross posted:

That will put me at roughly a hundred billion life siphons.

or five

Me too bragh 5x lifesiphons for ultimate SB shenanigans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ultima Weapon can really only be abused by Seymour (or if you have a +Dark equipment), and Tiamat is finicky unless Alphinaud and/or a decent number of buffs.

Bahamut's main competition is maybe Titan, and +Earth equipment is rarer than Dark.

I'd probably say UW > Bahamut > Titan > Tiamat, because +Dark equipment isn't that rare, but your mileage may vary. Like I have Rydia's BSB so Titan's value went up.

The biggest difference is everyone who could do bonus battles got a copy of UW, Titan, and Tiamat.

You had to actually blow orbs to make your own Bahamut and not many people could be arsed to do that.

• Locked thread