Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yinlock posted:

youd have a 99% chance of becoming sean hannity

and a 1% chance of becoming dril

https://twitter.com/dril/status/845450020170141697

if you want to hit the stars you have to shoot for the moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

it looks like a colonial era wig made w/o any reference pictures

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

when trump gets printed on the half dollar bill, i hope they use this photo as the portrait base

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i am pretty sure trumpd hair is actually a symbiote

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i have seen this vision too, i cannot deny it

when i was a child, and i saw this funny looking guy with the fakest looking hair on t v, i watched for five whole minutes waiting for it to come off but it didnt

i didnt get the punchline then, but oh i have been waiting for it

i have been waiting and you are president donny

there are cameras everywhere

and you will see your bald head on the front page of the sad failing new york times! you will see your bald head on the front page of the sad failing washington post! you will see your bald head on the front page of the sad failing new york post! :getin: T :getin: R :getin: U :getin: M :getin: P :getin:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

tell me about hairstyles on your planet, usul

well, we go for the MOAB-dib

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

It's loving bananas. These people have built their entire political identity around poisoning the well of democratic policy. They are vested in making things not work, they never dreamed of the scenario where it would be up to them to actually do something.

This is like some sort of greek tragedy/farce. The people most responsible for derailing the democratic process and consensus building are discovering why their incessant rhetoric in bad faith was actually damaging their country.

this is all the tea party's fault tbh

who knew that electing people to spite the government leads to a government that knows nothing other than spite?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAnnZNdVhl0

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
LMAOOOO I didn't see this

That's amazing. It's just like Romney not having a concession speech ready; they believe accepting the possibility of defeat is a sign of weakness

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Office Pig posted:

Holy poo poo, Maddow actually had something important come up tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVQiDbaj3Ww

Go to 10:15; Cyprus is working with American intelligence, giving them financial info on Manafort.

ap broke that thursday morning with little play because of news tsunami

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

i pray more that an old dog won't learn new tricks

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mannerup posted:

ap broke that thursday morning with little play because of news tsunami

bah, well I should probably fish out the ap article then

edit:

https://www.apnews.com/d43ef4166da6400ab45140978854bbbb

quote:

AP Exclusive: US probe of ex-Trump aide extends to Cyprus

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. government investigation of President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, crossed the Atlantic earlier this year to the Mediterranean island nation of Cyprus, once known as a haven for money laundering by Russian billionaires.

Treasury agents in recent months obtained information connected to Manafort's transactions from Cypriot authorities, according to a person familiar with the matter who was not authorized to speak publicly. The request was part of a federal anti-corruption probe into Manafort's work in Eastern Europe. The Cyprus attorney general, one of the country's top law enforcement officers, was also aware of the American request.

Manafort was Trump's unpaid campaign chairman from March until August last year, during the critical run-up to the Republican National Convention. He's been a leading focus of the U.S. investigation into whether Trump associates coordinated with Moscow to meddle in the 2016 presidential campaign.

Manafort, in a statement to the AP Thursday when asked about the Cyprus transactions, characterized them as a normal practice. "Like many companies doing business internationally, my company was paid via wire transfer, typically using clients' preferred financial institutions and instructions," he said.

Federal prosecutors became interested in Manafort's activities years ago as part of a broad investigation to recover stolen Ukrainian assets after the ouster of pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych there in early 2014. No U.S. criminal charges have been filed in the case.

It was not immediately clear what time period of Manafort's transactions was covered under the request from the Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network. Manafort was known to route financial transactions through Cyprus, according to records of international wire transfers obtained by the AP and public court documents filed in a 2014 legal dispute in the Cayman Islands with Russian billionaire Oleg Deripaska.

As part of their investigation, U.S. officials were expected to look into millions of dollars' worth of wire transfers to Manafort. In one case, the AP found that a Manafort-linked company received a $1 million payment in October 2009 from a mysterious firm through the Bank of Cyprus. The $1 million left the account the same day — split in two, roughly $500,000 disbursements to accounts with no obvious owner.

There is nothing inherently illicit about using multiple companies as Manafort was doing. But it was unclear why he would have been involved with companies in Cyprus, known for its history of money laundering before joining the European Union, with unclear sources of the money flowing in to them and with such secrecy surrounding the firms' connections to him.

With Cyprus' entry into the European Union in 2004, the island was forced to put in place a host of stringent anti-money laundering regulations to avoid running afoul with the bloc's own rules and incurring the wrath of other EU members. Cypriot banks, sticking to EU rules, took on heightened importance when Cyprus started using the Euro currency in 2008.

But the island's allure as a friendly EU member brought a steady stream of Russian cash to fill Cypriot bank coffers, and rumors began to swirl again that it was fast becoming a major cash laundromat for Russian oligarchs, a charge that Cypriot authorities strenuously deny.

A Treasury Department spokesman, Stephen Hudak, declined to answer the AP's questions about Manafort's records, citing a policy never to confirm or deny an investigation's existence.

Cypriot officials said further information would have to come to the agency through a formal request to the Cypriot Ministry of Justice and Public Order under a mutual legal assistance treaty. No request has been made, according to two officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the case.

This week, the AP revealed Manafort's secret work for a Russian billionaire to advance the interests of Russian President Vladimir Putin a decade ago. Manafort did not dispute working for Oleg Deripaska but said he had represented him only in personal and business matters. He called the focus on him a "smear campaign," and said he was ready to defend his work if investigators wish to learn more about it.

The White House said Trump had not been aware of Manafort's work on behalf of Deripaska, a close Putin ally with whom Manafort, who is 67, eventually signed a $10 million annual contract beginning in 2006. "The president was not aware of Paul's clients from the last decade," said spokesman Sean Spicer. "What else don't we know? I mean, where he went to school, what grades he got, who he played with in the sandbox?"

Spicer declined to comment Thursday on the information about the offshore financial transactions. On the topic of Manafort in general, he reiterated to reporters at the day's press briefing: "You pull out a gentleman who was employed by someone for five months and talk about a client that he had 10 years ago."

The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, known as FinCEN, was established in 1990 and became a Treasury Department bureau soon after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. It is part of an international network of so-called financial intelligence units that share information with each other in money laundering and terrorism financing investigations.

ded redd fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 25, 2017

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
trump is like the kid from flcl and he ha to wear that stupid comb-forward mullet weave to prevent objects and monsters of indescribable power from escaping out the top of his head and into our world

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

i like the album versions of the songs better than the movie versions...! hedwig's music was really good.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Dewgy posted:

this is all the tea party's fault tbh

who knew that electing people to spite the government leads to a government that knows nothing other than spite?

It's just great that the Republican makers and shakers like the Kochs thought this would work out for them. It's like trying to tame rabid badgers, sure throwing them at your foes is gonna be effective but you think you'll ever get those fuckers on a leash again

speaking purely hypothetically of course

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

MariusLecter posted:

Like how berniecrats love outting themselves as redhats

Not familiar with this term.

edit: oh right, the maga hats.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 25, 2017

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Matoi Ryuko posted:

i like the album versions of the songs better than the movie versions...! hedwig's music was really good.

I'm split between the two, song by song, generally I like the movie versions better

I saw it in theaters at some weird artsy theater with a girlfriend at the time so the movie versions may be unavoidably tainted with corrupting good memories

The whole thing is a masterpiece. I haven't seen the NPH version because I can't imagine it even begins to do it justice

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LMAOOOO I didn't see this

That's amazing. It's just like Romney not having a concession speech ready; they believe accepting the possibility of defeat is a sign of weakness

Planning ahead and logic are for the weak!
*I continue to insist as I own myself

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Squizzle posted:

well

in a month or two itll be a nonstarter because they planned to use a tool called budget reconciliation to create an acceptable final version of the bill after ramming thru a "close enough" approximation w promises of sorting things out in reconciliation. since its intended as a budget management tool and not a general legislative thing theres a deadline for it, since they arent supposed to be dicking w the budget all the time. that deadline is fast approaching

they could try to do something w/o reconciliation, or try again next year, but thats unlikely. the potus has said outright that he is ready to move on, hes done w trying to do healthcare. the legislature is still as hostile to building a working bill as ever, and that wont change in the immediate term. the bill is as unpopular as ever, w literally every stakeholder group—medical, insurance, and citizen

the political will isnt there and creating the will would be costly, and would probably lead to another crushing defeat. this is especially true now since paul ryan has lost all appearance of authority and couldnt negotiate a congressional sand castle contest during a beach visit

the republicans and trump have a number of things they want to do, and staying on this losing issue would just grind their agenda nearly to a halt

Maybe Trump can get a loan of political capitol from Obama's bank

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

DrPossum posted:

i pray more that an old dog won't learn new tricks

Trump has the broke brain, he barely seems aware of his surroundings most apperances. He's also like 70

That fucker ain't changin for no one

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I wonder if Trump needs some sort of maintenance of his creepy hair weave thing that he can't receive without garnering attention now that he's prez?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

cumshitter posted:

trump is like the kid from flcl and he ha to wear that stupid comb-forward mullet weave to prevent objects and monsters of indescribable power from escaping out the top of his head and into our world

trump still doesn't like bitter drinks

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ok early indicators, this power rangers series might be really good, possibly reaching the level of "decent television" not just "good as a power ranger show"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MariusLecter posted:

Planning ahead and logic are for the weak!
*I continue to insist as I own myself

a doesn't equal a, a doesn't equal a, I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and turn into a paradox

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

got any sevens posted:

Maybe Trump can get a loan of political capitol from Obama's bank

no american institution would lend to him it would have to be putins

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
e: already got a link

mannerup fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 25, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

It's just great that the Republican makers and shakers like the Kochs thought this would work out for them. It's like trying to tame rabid badgers, sure throwing them at your foes is gonna be effective but you think you'll ever get those fuckers on a leash again

speaking purely hypothetically of course

https://youtu.be/vy43iZCPeLI

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

trump still doesn't like bitter drinks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK5N3zrkcuU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ALSO

lmao

just

L

M

A

O

at any aspiring fascist youngling having anybody but Carmen Ibanez as their fascist crush

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Trump has the broke brain, he barely seems aware of his surroundings most apperances. He's also like 70

That fucker ain't changin for no one

imagine if reagan had twitter access :allears:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Duscat posted:

tell me about hairstyles on your planet, usul

well, we go for the MOAB-dib

hair?

i will show you hair

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/bluechoochoo/status/845474247824723968

This article is so good

The entire administration cannot get out of its own way

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its also v cspam so far, its a postapocalypse where computers took over the world and murdered everyone except for a city where people live in a completely false environment (the sky got static interference in one shot??) and try not to die but the show has a sort of deconstructive humor that soooo far hasnt broken the tone, just sorta nothing matters lmao, go go power ranger

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

a doesn't equal a, a doesn't equal a, I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and turn into a paradox

brussels isn't brussels

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dewgy posted:

imagine if reagan had twitter access :allears:

lots of retweeted haribo and jelly belly?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

also the characters seem to be actual if somewhat broad characters in ways that dont relate to their ranger powers

if this ends up bad ill be sad they squandered a good setup

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/845441241605193728

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

quote this foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

balooganedit don't be annoying

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle