Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

FiestaDePantalones posted:

I wanna play but I keep getting error 2124-5200. With no other games or eshop, just this one.

that happened to me and I was immediately put into a battle when I rejoined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I can't even get past the Press ZL + ZR screen

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I got that error, shut down the switch, turned it back on and it's working now.

Also matchmaking working without DMZ :shrug:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

This is free for all match making. Normally you have some basic match making keeping new players away from old and ranked is extremely regimented. I never saw a rank people for example (less I had been drinking and playing like crap)

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

This game is fun but holy poo poo gyro controls hard for me to get used to

Also this lobby time is murder

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Annoying that lobby sometimes takes 2 minutes or 5 secs

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I feel like the lobby is trying a lot harder to stick to regional match making. I'm see far less Japanese players than I'm used to.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You'd think once a round ends, there would be 8 people ready to go already. This is pretty fun but I'm only really liking the paint roller. I'll have to see if I can get this game.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm terrible, but I'm loving the paint roller.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
You can use abxy and the analog sticks to make a fiyah hot track during the matchmaking wait. I enjoy it at least as much as the game itself.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

chaleski posted:

This game is fun but holy poo poo gyro controls hard for me to get used to

Also this lobby time is murder

I had to keep backing out and tweaking the sensitivity of both gyro and analog stick until I found a setup that clicked, and idk if it was that or the duallies, but this poo poo is fun and exciting moreso than the first game was for me. I ended up going with a super twitchy analog so I can whip around fast, and something like -1.5 gyro that "felt 1:1" to me. I really like that; every other console shooter I've played makes you sacrifice aiming precision for turning speed or vice versa.

Imma get it fo sho. I really wanted to like Splatoon 1, I just couldn't get into the controls, but it seems like they've remedied that (and I guess gyro is a lot easier to cope with now that it doesn't require using the bigass Wii U tablet.)

enojy fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 25, 2017

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I'm having too much fun with the drat Duelies as a Splattershot Jr boy in years past. Juking a roller dude and laying into them feels so good

Also I've only got the rock gym level like once

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
poo poo works great in handheld mode, I bumped all my sens up to 0 and it feels so good handheld

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Ya, when you hit camera reset without joycons attached, it resets the y axis. When in handheld mode it doesn't, so you have to hold it so it leans forward and you can't sit back in a chair. WTF? They better fix that before release.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Game owns, roller owns, single shooter owns, gyro controls own, day one

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Bloodplay it again posted:

You can use abxy and the analog sticks to make a fiyah hot track during the matchmaking wait. I enjoy it at least as much as the game itself.

D-pad/arrow keys too, they make fresh sounds

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Deceptive Thinker posted:

D-pad/arrow keys too, they make fresh sounds

My squids are forever living in a chopped and screwed mixtape

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I've had multiple full games with every weapon but every time I go to try the splat dualies again the game crashes :(

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yo. Neo Geo golf fans, if you scale the visuals to 150, you get a pure 3x scale. For a little bit more boarder, you get perfectly even pixels or scanlines.

This also applies to non golf Neo Geo games like Nam 1975,

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

LethalGeek posted:

I feel like the lobby is trying a lot harder to stick to regional match making. I'm see far less Japanese players than I'm used to.

Yeah, I haven't seen a bit Japanese text this evening, but the earlier session was about 50/50.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Lots of weird words in these songs.

"Think i get a juice box"
"Got to have a juice box"

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm an idiot for never having used gyro controls in Splatoon 1; gyro aiming in Splatoon 2 owns bones

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Is there no way to switch weapons in the lobby or something? This demo doesn't tell you much

Oh a Japanese person just joined the lobby, I look forward to getting my rear end kicked

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I tested a bit of fire and while it's not the game for me (don't think I like shooters at all anymore), I could stand some more of that soundtrack in my life.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.

chaleski posted:

Is there no way to switch weapons in the lobby or something? This demo doesn't tell you much

Oh a Japanese person just joined the lobby, I look forward to getting my rear end kicked

No, have to exit out to pick a new weapon. It was the same in Splatoon and kind of annoying, I hope they give us some in lobby options for changing weapons and clothes.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

My games have been 90% Japanese players, but I did download the thing from the Japanese store, since it came up there first.

edit: Though, I remember getting mostly JP players in the original. Maybe they lump NZ/Aus with Japan as some 'oceania' region.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 25, 2017

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I'm not leaving the lobby ever, just going to dedicate each test fire to a different weapon :v:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bird Law posted:

No, have to exit out to pick a new weapon. It was the same in Splatoon and kind of annoying, I hope they give us some in lobby options for changing weapons and clothes.

Oh well, thanks.

Good lord that Japanese person wrecked me

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

deadwing posted:

I'm not leaving the lobby ever, just going to dedicate each test fire to a different weapon :v:

same with everyone saying they are having errors

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Dang, cut off right at 12. Sad!

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

I'm still in a lobby, though

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Choosing a weapon and then going into a lobby just seems backwards to me.

Teenage Fansub posted:

My games have been 90% Japanese players, but I did download the thing from the Japanese store, since it came up there first.

edit: Though, I remember getting mostly JP players in the original. Maybe they lump NZ/Aus with Japan as some 'oceania' region.

They are the closest to you, so they will match up to you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

9:03 and they let me join a new lobby

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
When is the drat release date this test fire has me dying for more splatoon.

Thoughts: the roller special is ridiculously good. Dualies are okay. The new cruiser that bounces off walls is worse than the old one. Splattershot felt p good. Musselforge stood out to me as..not a map I loved but not terrible either.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
My biggest Splatoon 2 regret is only realising in the second half of my final game that when it said "Press R for super weapon" it wasn't talking about the shoulder button.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Dualies are okay. The new cruiser that bounces off walls is worse than the old one

This take is kinda hot, once I learned how far they travel I got hilarious explosion and ricochet kills

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Wow Zelda is a stuttering mess compared to Spla2oon

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

deadwing posted:

This take is kinda hot, once I learned how far they travel I got hilarious explosion and ricochet kills

They uh don't travel too far

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I played another game after 12 but cut me off when the lobby for the game after that was full and looked like it was about to start a game at 12:07

It has been awhile since I played Splatoon 1, do the roller people have more health? I will use the dualies' special weapon (the rocket pack thing) and I can 1shot everyone but the roller people can take 3+ shots without dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Booyah!

• Locked thread