Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

The brexit's gate is down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is he saying all soldiers do it for love of country, or only thank you to the ones who did?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
This is probably the wrong thread to ask, but I'll ask anyway - can the repubs bring another bill to repeal ppaca or to they have to write a new one if they want to do that?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is he saying all soldiers do it for love of country, or only thank you to the ones who did?

For the five of you who don't know, Oglaf is extremely :nws:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The world is going to knock back and hoist him by his own petard Wille E Coyote Style.

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xander77 posted:

What's a good term for the 4-chan crowd that Garrison hangs with? If not a term then at least a "if they're not literal channers, they are exactly the sort of people 4-chan agrees with / idolizes" definition.

Faux-Channers.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Starshark posted:

This is probably the wrong thread to ask, but I'll ask anyway - can the repubs bring another bill to repeal ppaca or to they have to write a new one if they want to do that?

They could just repeal it and replace it with nothing if they had the numbers and political will. The problem is there are enough moderate GOP senators who won't vote for a simple repeal without a replacement that they can't manage it. Also, public opinion towards Obamacare has been increasing significantly, so it would be kind of a hard sell to the American people.

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

Starshark posted:

They technically haven't even voted on the first bill from Ryan and co., but since it's so toxic who knows if it will ever actually happen. Theoretically they could keep bringing up new bills to repeal Obamacare, but there's no real point if they can't actually craft something that will pass the House with no Democratic support, a minority caucus large enough to shitcan anything that isn't a full repeal and enough moderates who will defect if the Freedom Caucus gets their way.

e:f,b

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pakled posted:

They could just repeal it and replace it with nothing if they had the numbers and political will. The problem is there are enough moderate GOP senators who won't vote for a simple repeal without a replacement that they can't manage it. Also, public opinion towards Obamacare has been increasing significantly, so it would be kind of a hard sell to the American people.
It's still hard for me to accept that they really do still need to sell things to their voters. It makes me think American democracy will survive Trump.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Speaking of, I found a couple of edits not from the usual suspects.

https://twitter.com/xexizy11/status/843898025491816448

https://twitter.com/MuffinVegan56/status/843898333508878337

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Imperialist Draft because alliances, Fought Nazis Draft we cool, UN Police Action Draft that has lead to status quo with a failed state for 60 years, Viet Nam Draft because Communism, Jingoistic Forever war with Middle East. I have my doubts about this cartoon's veracity.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Does the shoe on the Hillary logo hold any significance?

Also come on man, you can draw a fat guy in a favorable way without just making him perfectly fit. Especially because you keep perfectly replicating his weird spider den of a hairdo 1:1.

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

winterwerefox posted:

Imperialist Draft because alliances,

OY!" Don't be dense!

The 14 points of Woodrov Willson, nailed the loving autocrats ruling Europes a 100 years ago.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dork457 posted:

Does the shoe on the Hillary logo hold any significance?

the significance is to remind you how cool and funny it was when an elderly woman passed out because she was ill and left a shoe behind when she was carried into a car

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It's kind of odd that he's still fixated on Hillary's health so much. She was supposedly on death's door six months ago and now, judging by Garrison's other recent cartoons, he believes she's still active as part of a shadow government conspiracy to keep Trump shackled. You'd think that continuing to point out signs of her supposed failing health would just be an uncomfortable reminder that he was wrong about her being extremely sick and fell for it really easily. I guess introspection doesn't come naturally to conspiracy theorists.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Sorry, but you're just gonna have to carry that unviable heathcare plan to term!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Speaking of Nazis, I dunno who is currently cartooning in Seattle but I would like someone to say something about this. Somehow it took the Washington AG a year to find out that a company where the boss sends emails to employees saying “terrorist savages” are allowing our “wonderful country to be backfilled with rubbish from the desperate and criminal populations of the third world” was a hotbed of workplace discrimination.

Oh and straight up white eugenics too.

Horsey (although he writes for LA now), and Bors is probably close enough.

Dan Savage might be able to get The Onion to say something about it.

That time when you really want to make some bullshit point, but you're also really lazy, so you copy something from Full Metal Jacket. Oorah.

At least he scrubbed the original phrase off so he could make his bullshit point, amirite?

BONUS ROUND: Find out what other photos or movies he "tributed" the other helmets from.

MikeyTsi fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 25, 2017

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

loving :laffo:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

:perfect:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Those are great.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pakled posted:

It's kind of odd that he's still fixated on Hillary's health so much. She was supposedly on death's door six months ago and now, judging by Garrison's other recent cartoons, he believes she's still active as part of a shadow government conspiracy to keep Trump shackled. You'd think that continuing to point out signs of her supposed failing health would just be an uncomfortable reminder that he was wrong about her being extremely sick and fell for it really easily. I guess introspection doesn't come naturally to conspiracy theorists.

The Enemy is always simultaneously:

- Feeble, ineffective, contemptible, and on the verge of extermination
- All-powerful and threatening to destroy all that is good

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

While I refuse to go searching through his website to confirm it, I don't think it's a new comic, it's from earlier in the year.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

This is the second time in four days that Tinsley has referred to (but not shown) a member of his rarely seen supporting cast.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

The first cartoon is from Costa Rica; all the others are from the UAE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man I bet the Democrats are sitting around tonight weeping and gnashing their teeth over the utter disaster that this failed repeal of Obamacare is for them. The Democrats sure got owned today.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Starshark posted:

There's not like, double jeopardy for bills. You just need the votes. Republicans tried to repeal it like six times during Obama's presidency, and there's 50+ varying attempts to mortally wound the ACA via defunding and such.

The problem is that they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. People are now aware that the ACA isn't actually government takeover of their precious healthcare, but actually does something kinda important. On the other hand, you have two sets of Republicans that hate the bill: moderates that know they will get slaughtered if they voted to effective gut their constituent's health insurance, and assholes that will absolutely die on the hill of "gently caress the poor." who thing the bill doesn't gently caress the poor hard enough. They can't spin this poo poo in a positive way that gets both groups voting. They're hosed.

I bet Trump just doesn't bother and "let's Obamacare fail", a translation for "I give up." He's never been particularly loyal to the GOP, and I'm sure he doesn't want to go into reelection as the guy that took a lot of people's health insurance. While I wouldn't be surprised if the pigheaded rear end in a top hat kept trying, at the same time he's extraordinarily lazy, and it's possible he really is going to wait and hope for a 2nd term before trying again.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cat Mattress posted:

Nevertheless, he is still a pizza truther.
Did people like miss the profile.

He believes in every single goddamn conspiracy. Pizza, spirit cooking, false flags, birth certificates, Michelle is a trans-gender man... (Never mind GMO's, Chemtrails, the Zionist NWO coming to take our guns and internet - Garrison is basically Dees without the visual imagination)

Baka-nin posted:

Speaking of, I found a couple of edits not from the usual suspects.
Post more if you got them.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Mar 25, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pakled posted:

Hilary's failing health is part of the "weak" component of "simultaneously strong and weak".

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Peak JRROSE!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jerusalem posted:

Man I bet the Democrats are sitting around tonight weeping and gnashing their teeth over the utter disaster that this failed repeal of Obamacare is for them. The Democrats sure got owned today.

Haven't you heard, in a masterstroke of 5D Chess the Ol' Trumpster has already said it failed because Dems wouldn't vote for it. Another slam dunk for the smartest man in Washington!

And he got to sit in a truck and honk the horn and everything!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Okay, so maybe not where I was expecting Stantis's several-month-long spiral to finally end up, but sure, I'm 100% behind Prickly City suddenly becoming a gore-soaked nationwide war/bloodsport comic in the style of Battle Royale meets Lord of the Flies. Bring on the massacre of the bourgeois. At least it'll be something new and different for him.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

King Possum III posted:

The first cartoon is from Costa Rica; all the others are from the UAE

You get what you pay for with slave cartoonists

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

I hope the coyote crushes the girl's skull with a rock.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Neeksy posted:

I hope the coyote crushes the girl's skull with a rock.

So much for the tolerant left.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vib Rib posted:

Okay, so maybe not where I was expecting Stantis's several-month-long spiral to finally end up, but sure, I'm 100% behind Prickly City suddenly becoming a gore-soaked nationwide war/bloodsport comic in the style of Battle Royale meets Lord of the Flies. Bring on the massacre of the bourgeois. At least it'll be something new and different for him.

You're going to be very dissappointed with how little blood and violence you can get away with in a newspaper comic.Why do you think they never let Brad Andersen print those strips he drew where Marmaduke rips out owner ladies throat and then intermittently eats, defiles, and humps her corpse?

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 25, 2017

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on 'patriotic' reactions to the Westminster attack – Marine Le Pen, the French far-right leader, is among those to have linked the London attack to migrant policy – despite the attacker being British"

Telegraph:

EU leaders mark 60th anniversary with Rome declaration; Philip Hammond 'does not recognise' EU demands for a £50 billion Brexit 'divorce bill'

The i paper:

Times:

Not sure, my best guess is Britain's top family judge attacks 'hypocrisy' of law that forces unhappy partners to prove bad behaviour

Stephen Collins:

:scotland: Last week's National:

National: (timg'd by request)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

:allears: I wish the Anti-Sheeran Résistance was real.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't know who Sheeran is but seeing his face fills me with a bit of dread each time.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

Bramhall

mods please take my decoder ring and then ban this sick filth

Trump : DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Only semi related to the politoons, but here are some cut out of those ridiculous Trump truck photos that I made. Know there a bunch of fake news image manipulators like me in here who might like them.

• Locked thread