Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the rewards for that quest are good yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Tarezax posted:

The Wandering Couple quest is worth ot for the ending of the quest.

"Women can be scary"
Yeah that is a great encapsulation of this game's pattern of "you THINK you know where this is going and have seen it all before, lol nope, poo poo just got dark and messed up but in a weird funny way?"

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

melodicwaffle posted:

Trolled by Cavia... :negative:

So how do I finish that quest then? Nothing popped up telling me to do something after that.

At some point the text for the quest should say something like "did they make it across the sea?" and you can see a quest marker right around where you gave them the 50k.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Alright I'll put up with these jerks for a little longer, then. Thanks!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

melodicwaffle posted:

Alright I'll put up with these jerks for a little longer, then. Thanks!

Yeah it's kind of dumb, if you weren't expecting it the first time.

once you give them the 50k, leave the area and come back. Then you can progress.

But chances are this is the first time you're* going to flooded city, and it's because you're doing the missiles main story... which locks out sidequests. I actually ended up reloading and doing the whole sea monster fight again in order to finish that sidequest.

Also those golden dudes were there, and blocked me from talking to the android, so I had to slooooowwwwwly whittle them to death.

*general you, I know you melodic are on playthrough B

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So, I went to Emil's house, and I didn't k ow what to do (I expected him to be there), so I stole his mask. Then I went and talked to him whole wearing it. He told me a bandit broke into his house. I swear Im just trying to finish the gathering keepsakes questline. I'm not even sure I can... I don't know how to start Emil's questline. I assumed it involved going to his house...

Edit: how does chapter​ select interact with in progress quests? Because I am really tired of being 9S, but I don't want to have to redo all of gathering keepsakes by switching out...

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Snak posted:

So, I went to Emil's house, and I didn't k ow what to do (I expected him to be there), so I stole his mask. Then I went and talked to him whole wearing it. He told me a bandit broke into his house. I swear Im just trying to finish the gathering keepsakes questline. I'm not even sure I can... I don't know how to start Emil's questline. I assumed it involved going to his house...

Edit: how does chapter​ select interact with in progress quests? Because I am really tired of being 9S, but I don't want to have to redo all of gathering keepsakes by switching out...

In general, going to chapter select resets all current quest progress. Some are exceptions, like the unit data one (since unit data doesn't reset) or the scientist you have to give money to.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Snak posted:

I'm assuming you're going after the second quest. To get this one started, you're going to need to go back to Emil's house as 9S and steal from him again. Then you need to fully upgrade every weapon in the game* and talk to him in the commercial facility.

*At least, I'm pretty sure it requires you to fully upgrade them all. It might only require you to obtain them all.

As for your second question, it (usually) restarts quests that are in progress.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

King of Solomon posted:

I'm assuming you're going after the second quest. To get this one started, you're going to need to go back to Emil's house as 9S and steal from him again. Then you need to fully upgrade every weapon in the game* and talk to him in the commercial facility.

*At least, I'm pretty sure it requires you to fully upgrade them all. It might only require you to obtain them all.

As for your second question, it (usually) restarts quests that are in progress.

It is fully upgrade.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Do you know if it's even possible for me to finish this quest in the chapter I'm in? I'm at the point where I'm supposed to obtain keys from the resource collectors. I collected all the dog tags for this guy, and now he's waiting for something about flowers, which I think is locked behind progressing a different quest. But I can't get any other quests...

Edit: thanks, I'm just gonna chapter select. I never did his first quest, though. That's​ the one I'm waiting on. We'll see if keepsakes resets!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

lets hang out posted:

the rewards for that quest are good yes

The reward being depression.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Snak posted:

Do you know if it's even possible for me to finish this quest in the chapter I'm in? I'm at the point where I'm supposed to obtain keys from the resource collectors. I collected all the dog tags for this guy, and now he's waiting for something about flowers, which I think is locked behind progressing a different quest. But I can't get any other quests...

Go visit Emil's hideout. Not his house.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Snak posted:

Everyday's a sale~♪ Every sale's a win~♪

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

King of Solomon posted:

Go visit Emil's hideout. Not his house.

I don't know what that is.

It doesn't matter now, I'll have to redo gathering keepsakes.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Snak posted:

I don't know what that is.

It doesn't matter now, I'll have to redo gathering keepsakes.

Oh, did you not complete Emil's memories? You should go find a Lunar Tear. I started that in the commercial facility.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I could never interact with the lunar tears. What's the trigger to let me interact with them?

Edit: more importantly, what chapter should I jump to?

Edit: it's right in your post...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:negative: revisiting the factory as 9S is utter balls. Oh boy platforming in the dark with bullet hell enemies and instant death crushers when your pod doesn't light up poo poo in side scroller segments. What fun.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

So I'm lost for probably the third time in the exact same area: in the top-down desert cave you enter from the center of the zone, during Amnesia, where the heck is Jackass? I feel like I've explored every branch without seeing her.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I hated the factory and how many times they made you revisit for quests...

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Omi no Kami posted:

So I'm lost for probably the third time in the exact same area: in the top-down desert cave you enter from the center of the zone, during Amnesia, where the heck is Jackass? I feel like I've explored every branch without seeing her.

top right exit

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Alder posted:

It's a worthy successor to the Junk Heap. :v:

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

lets hang out posted:

top right exit

Thank you!!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Maybe it's because it is still so fresh for me, but Weight of the World is easily one of my favorite video game tracks ever.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Alder posted:

It's ya boy, the desert ruins.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

So, still on A here, but I've searched this drat factory up and down for 11B's black box and it just isn't anywhere! Am I supposed to come back here later for it? I got this quest pretty early on, before fast transport, so I figured I could pick it up and help a friend out.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Weeping Wound posted:

So, still on A here, but I've searched this drat factory up and down for 11B's black box and it just isn't anywhere! Am I supposed to come back here later for it? I got this quest pretty early on, before fast transport, so I figured I could pick it up and help a friend out.

It's where you fought the first mini-boss.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Nuebot posted:

It's where you fought the first mini-boss.

yeah like literally the very first room in the game

e; there's also several shortcuts to make getting back there faster

in the room with 6 shooter stubbies, 3 on top and 3 on bottom, there's a "hidden" exit to the right, guarded by a medium. Out the door then lower the bridge. Ummm, can't remember can't remember, but eventually you'll be on a catwalk outside that wraps around the big silo. A whoooole bunch of stubbies will jump out. There's a break in the railing that lets you jump "towards" the camera onto a thing, and then there's a button to lower a crane that will let you drop down right near the first room.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 25, 2017

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Goodness me, there's a lot of backtracking going on here.

Is this one of Yoko Taro's little japes or do I eventually get a more expedient way to move around the map?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, Pod B (laser) fully upgraded is really good. I honestly never really touched the missile pod.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

Goodness me, there's a lot of backtracking going on here.

Is this one of Yoko Taro's little japes or do I eventually get a more expedient way to move around the map?

Eventually you unlock fast travel between the save/mail stations, yes

being super vague, but when a big thing happens in the city, and the Commander is like "this is your highest priority" well she actually means it

e; buying the satchel from somewhere or another lets you go up to animals to ride them w/o them running away or needing animal bait. A super satchel that is... I think a sidequest reward? specifically the scientist, but I forget how much you need to donate will put an animal next to all fast travel points + resistance base so you can always have one

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 25, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Avoid sidequests until you get the very evident fast travel thing.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Let's be honest:

hearing "Hey 2B, do you think this *BEEP* fellow is a little over-glorified?" is a huge improvement over hearing his name.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wow, Pod B (laser) fully upgraded is really good. I honestly never really touched the missile pod.

A and B are good in their own rights but C is just too slow, the arc is prone to just going right over enemies and if there's anything in the background they'll go for that instead of your target.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I hate speedstar so much. I can't even beat the first race.

Also still don't know how to start lunar tears.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe it's because it is still so fresh for me, but Weight of the World is easily one of my favorite video game tracks ever.

It's a genuinely great piece of music on its own merits.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Snak posted:

I hate speedstar so much. I can't even beat the first race.

Also still don't know how to start lunar tears.

Gotta be on route A/B before the flooded city mission and after forest kingdom, and have talked to Emil at least once. Then go to the commercial center and inspect the lunar tear there.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Been going through doing all the quests on my 2nd play through, on my way to the B ending. I just beat all three Speed Star races and...I think I've lost the will to keep playing. That was my Supply Lines. That was the worst. What the gently caress whoever made that? What's wrong with you?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Flubby posted:

Been going through doing all the quests on my 2nd play through, on my way to the B ending. I just beat all three Speed Star races and...I think I've lost the will to keep playing. That was my Supply Lines. That was the worst. What the gently caress whoever made that? What's wrong with you?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm on the third speed star now and I hate it so much.

Edit: MOTHERFUCKDICK I WAS IN TH GODDAMN loving CIRCLE YOU PIECE OF poo poo

Mostly I hate how getting ready to start the race takes longer than the entire race.

Snak fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Snak posted:

I'm on the third speed star now and I hate it so much.

I maxed out my speed and evade range and I STILL barely won that poo poo. It's so terrible.