Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

dreggon stars in: the adventures of the man with no internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

where the red fern gropes posted:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

where the red fern gropes posted:

Pretty sure I made a joke about your internet before so I'm just sending goondolences instead.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.
Dreggon has to communicate via rear end in a top hat visitor bird now

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Thursday Night Casualz raid group kicked some rear end tonight, one shotted vale guardian! Good job everyone, especially dreggon!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Why do I need to know the name of a character on my account to reset my password.

I haven't touched this game in 3 years, how am I supposed to know this stuff, GW2...

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

KittyEmpress posted:

Why do I need to know the name of a character on my account to reset my password.

I haven't touched this game in 3 years, how am I supposed to know this stuff, GW2...

People not giving a poo poo about security combined with rabid gold sellers seeking to compromise accounts.

It's a long shot but if you still are on your old installation you could check your screenshots folder in case you appear in the chat box. Otherwise contact support?

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me

KittyEmpress posted:

Send support an email, the team for gw2 is super nice. Alternative proof of ownership can be stuff like the receipt of purchase for the original game?

And yeah it's because a whole load of accounts got stolen around launch so they beefed up security.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
GW required typing the name of a character in order to log in even before GW2 launched. It certainly was funny trying to remember a character name I made in preorder beta six years earlier :v:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I had to dig up an old screenshot to log into GW1 after a long absence. Support really is nice, though: they had me up and running in a couple of hours after I hosed up installing 2-factor ID.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Had that same problem, bought the game in 2013 and played it for maybe 2-3 hours and finally reinstalled it last week.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/super-adventure-festival-is-coming-soon/

quote:

Super Adventure Festival is Coming Soon!

It’s that time of year—dust off your best jumping boots, take up your pointy stick, and get ready to experience Tyria’s most cutting-edge technological edutainment system: Moto’s Super Adventure Box! Explore a whole new virtual world in beautifully-rendered, three-dimensional graphics. Go on an epic quest to save Princess Miya. Prove your strength against wizards, assassins, and giant frogs. And if all of that sounds a little too tame for you, prepare to die (repeatedly) in the punishing Tribulation Mode!

This year’s Super Adventure Festival begins on 30 March and ends on 20 April. Don’t forget to check out the official Guild Wars 2 merchandise store for Super Adventure Festival t-shirts and mousepads from WeLoveFine!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

Explore a whole new virtual world

World 3 confirmed

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
I hope they decide to pull an April Fool's prank this year. I miss the fun stupidity of bobble heads and airplane poses.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

I hope they decide to pull an April Fool's prank this year. I miss the fun stupidity of bobble heads and airplane poses.

I remember the bobble head thing, that was when we all hung out in Vigil Keep still right? I recall some people on reddit getting super mad about it too, but we all thought it was hilarious.

The good ol days....

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The howls of outrage over Airplane Mode were amazing. Granted, the postprocessing effect made it impossible to see enemy ground targeting rings, but it was an acceptable sacrifice.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I'd still like them to enable gliding in WvW for the day. Not just for HoT owners but everyone in WvW gets advanced gliding for 24 hours. Can you imagine swarms of players spreading out from the top of Stonemist to land inside towers and keeps in all directions? And how mad people would get?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The cockles of my heart are blazing already.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Excellent, the 1 event i have been waiting for for a year is at the same time as my vacation.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I'm so aroused right now.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Bieeardo posted:

The howls of outrage over Airplane Mode were amazing. Granted, the postprocessing effect made it impossible to see enemy ground targeting rings, but it was an acceptable sacrifice.

iirc, you could turn off postprocessing in graphics option to have airplane mode without the tint.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah, I had mine turned off for performance (lordrush pvp map was so bright regular and downed healthbars were identical in shade) and headache-reducing reasons (see re: so bright) and didn't even know it was sepia until people in the chat were talking about it. Likewise the effect when you use a bobblehead laboratory.

hyung
Jul 22, 2012
I'm having a hard time picking between an Elementalist and Thief... I enjoy PvP and casual PvE/WvW. What I'm mostly looking for is burst damage and mobility and the ability to roam in WvW. Can ya'll help me out? Cool looking gear is a plus.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

To help you make up your mind, here's a picture of the average thief player.

And here's a picture of the average elementalist player.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

If you want the ability to appear out of the horizon the moment your target opens their inventory for a fraction of a second, and in that moment murder that person, desecrate their remains and fornicate with their mother, before vanishing back over the horizon before they can close their inventory again then thief and eventually daredevil is the way to go.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
started playing regularly and regged on the SFD forums.

I have an 80 necro, an 80 potion and enough boosts and knowledge tomes to get someone else to 50. Revenant looks really fun so I might make that the 80. in the character creator for him now and I'm thinking murder hobo beard with purple for the saints row rep.

Are there any classes where you can just move fast all the time while still having relevant skills? Necro has a signet where the passive makes you move 25% faster, but it's a bit weak in actual fights. Also has the one warhorn move that makes me aggro everything on the map, which is precisely the global opposite of what I want a speed skill to do even if it does have really nice uptime when it's traited.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

A warrior with greatsword and sword/warhorn using the 25% run speed while using melee weapons trait and maybe a swiftness-granting utility is the only thing I can think of that comes close to a shortbow-using thief using their best condi clear shadowstep utility for mobility across a map. They play very differently, too: a thief is like a slender glass dagger, so thin it's almost invisible if you look at it from the edge; while a warrior is a club made by sticking nails in a side of beef.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thief does sound pretty fun and i do love the idea of ganking people in wuvwuv so I'll give it a shot, thanks! It'll definitely take some getting used to playing a glass cannon, necro just never, EVER dies unless i massively overaggro or do dumb stuff in champ fights.

e: the 80 boost OWNS, being able to try it out in silverwastes before you dedicate to using it is so good

Jinh fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 25, 2017

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

A while back, folks here were saying that auto-attack hammer guardian was an actual viable raid spec. Since that's about the pinnacle of my video game skills, but I'd like to try raiding with goons on occasion, I made one a couple weeks ago and just got it to 80 last night. Now what? I am a filthy poor and haven't gotten any level 80 gear yet except for a couple of drops. Also, is pressing 2 in raids sometimes acceptable? I've grown quite fond of the leaping hammer smash.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Iirc its F1 into blender trap and then auto attack to eternity, occasionally pausing to shout when your elite is up

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Jinh posted:

Are there any classes where you can just move fast all the time while still having relevant skills?

Chronomancers get a minor trait that gives them +25% movement speed.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Guardian hammer raid is super easy to play as Illu said. the key thing is to keep your mauler trap in sync with your F1 virtue and that's really all there is to it.

Re: airplane mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbgXyXhZ-jA

Sair
May 11, 2007

This is what the game is about.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kassad posted:

Chronomancers get a minor trait that gives them +25% movement speed.

Sweet, I think I'll make mesmer my 80 between that and how the class generally gets fun around max level.

Jinh fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 25, 2017

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

SFD guild missions were a blast as always, especially on Mumble - I'm usually at least a little drunk and rambly so thanks for not immediately gkicking me the first time I made a joke, failed at making a joke or trailed off saying something without thinking how it was going to finish

I'm definitely a fan of how much respect Arus gets though, thanks again for the new character name (Unexpected Sass is much easier to type)

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I could hate GW2 forever and yet I'd still log on to do SFD Missions Time with all of you wonderful people on Mumble.

McSlaughter
Sep 12, 2013

"Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"
Still waiting on bank tabs to go on sale...

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I could hate GW2 forever and yet I'd still log on to do SFD Missions Time with all of you wonderful people on Mumble.

Illuyankas posted:

SFD guild missions were a blast as always, especially on Mumble - I'm usually at least a little drunk and rambly so thanks for not immediately gkicking me the first time I made a joke, failed at making a joke or trailed off saying something without thinking how it was going to finish

I'm definitely a fan of how much respect Arus gets though, thanks again for the new character name (Unexpected Sass is much easier to type)

Agreed, SFD events are highlights of my week, you guys are all awesome and silly and great

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
"Don't even get me started on notation. I loving hate sequentialism!"

*slays champion ettin*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

• Locked thread