Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's called the rapture because Hussie raptured his rear end in a top hat when crapping out the colossal turd that was the ending!!!

It's called the rapture because Andrew Hussie chose to build a doomed hellcrap underwater tard-town populated entirely by freaks and geeks!!!

It's called the rapture because when you see it you'll make a RAP about how this ms paint advenTURE is bad!!!

I can go on,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Please don't

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's called the post canon because it turned everyone into post cannons

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
more like the crapture, amarite

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
it's called the rapture because the rapture happened and good forums posters got taken to heaven to read the real ending

we are stuck in purgatory where the ends were bad

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

just lol if you were actually expecting it to come out in jan
When it got Greenlit i assumed January was a safe bet, but then two weeks passed with the typical silence and I knew a delay was coming.

I didn't really have the money to kickstart it, and I definitely dodged a bullet there.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Clawtopsy posted:

just lol if you were actually expecting it to come out in jan

Act 7 arrived in time for April 13 and for a brief period we all believed that deadlines and schedules might once again have meant something.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Plom Bar posted:

Act 7 arrived in time for April 13 and for a brief period we all believed that deadlines and schedules might once again have meant something.

.....hooley dooley it has been nearly a year and i am STILL salty about the end

why do i have to be such an obsessive autist over my teen years comedy comic god drat it

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

why do i have to be such an obsessive autist over my teen years comedy comic god drat it

Because we're in 2016 again!

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't feel like there was something unacceptable about the ending when I marathoned the archive. It did seem arbitrary, but so did the whole comic.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

Twenty years from now, when robots are everywhere and we all have flying cars, you'll still sometimes think of how disappointing that ending was and feel a little annoyed. This is the cross you must bear.

Also, whoever it was that said "Night in The Woods" is a good game is right, I just started playing it and I already love it.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I don't really feel anything about the ending anymore, I think

NiTW is good/great from the little I've played of it, though the bass segments are kinda scaring me off.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like to watch the ending when I'm consuming sopor slime pies

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
remember when they made rose a wacky alcoholic even when she hated that about her mother? #lols! people don't have arcs, that's why I can write everyone completely out of character!

my homestuck tarot cards are on sale cheap

Bogart fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 24, 2017

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

I still like it. And concerning the updated adventure map, I'm somewhat nonplussed that it took me this long to figure out Land Of Someone's Handicrafts I Took makes LOSHIT.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

ThaumPenguin posted:

NiTW is good/great from the little I've played of it, though the bass segments are kinda scaring me off.

All you get is a journal doodle for them. Don't worry about it.
I guess it's kind of the opposite of undertale where instead of expecting the player to use saving/reloading and making it a story thing, here you don't get game overs and like life you just live with the success of failure of what you do.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ThaumPenguin posted:

Pumpkin Headed Guy :unsmigghh:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Bogart posted:

remember when they made rose a wacky alcoholic even when she hated that about her mother? #lols! people don't have arcs, that's why I can write everyone completely out of character!
Except children of alcoholics frequently become alcoholics? It's not unusual to become the person you hate.

What's bullshit is that, instead of working through her issues, she just had everything fixed by Vriska! Haha, no arcs!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

"Everything fixed by Vriska! Haha, no arcs!" could be the thread title tbf

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bogart posted:

whoosh

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pants Donkey posted:

Except children of alcoholics frequently become alcoholics? It's not unusual to become the person you hate.

What's bullshit is that, instead of working through her issues, she just had everything fixed by Vriska! Haha, no arcs!

Rose's alcoholism is something that could have been explored in an interesting way, but wasn't.

Most of Homestuck can be described as "__________ something that could have been explored in an interesting way, but wasn't."

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Bogart posted:

How cheap? And where exactly are you? If delivery isn't too expensive I might be interested

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Haha, if you want 'em, sure. I'm on the East Coast. These are the cards that came with the Paid Too Much tier on Kickstarter. The cards are fine, the packaging's a little beat up because it's crappy cardboard. I'd let em go for $10 plus shipping.

:e :33<

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Rose's alcoholism is something that could have been explored in an interesting way, but wasn't.

Most of Homestuck can be described as "__________ something that could have been explored in an interesting way, but wasn't."

Yeah, that's more what I was bothered by. It was all just handled as a gag and like haha now Rose can't See because she's too blotto.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 25, 2017

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Has anyone ever actually used the Homestuck tarots for a tarot reading, and if so, did it predict the recipients immediate death

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Freak Futanari posted:

Has anyone ever actually used the Homestuck tarots for a tarot reading, and if so, did it predict the recipients immediate death

They just say Die Bogart Die Die Die. Which is weird, because I didn't think they had a Bogart card.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bogart posted:

They just say Die Bogart Die Die Die. Which is weird, because I didn't think they had a Bogart card.

Weird that it knows german.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
PG, when you get the tarot cards, i fully expect, and even demand, you to do a tarot reading for me to finally figure out the answer to the age-old question: Vriskat or Katnep?????

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i ship karkat falling into lava

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

I ship Karkat and a satisfying conclusion to his narrative arc

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Daius posted:

now thats crackshipping if i ever did see it

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Daius posted:

This reminds me of the last time Karkat was seen: it was in the Halloween snapchat updates, he was dressed as Geromy and standing blank faced in the background behind a pair of Striders mugging for the camera. Every other character got to wear a costume that referenced either their interests or something they'd done, but not Karkat. Instead of being dressed as a character from a romantic comedy or troll Will Smith or a crab or anything else specific to him Karkat is dressed as a minor character from Sweet bro and Hella Jeff, something he had gently caress all to do with throughout the entire comic. He's just an empty eyed prop in someone else's inside joke.

It's amazing/depressing how well that encapsulates what ended up happening to his character.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Mar 25, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

its like how roxy, callie jane and jade dressed as the 2016 ghostbusters

because they are also bad and unfunny

e: roxy was okay, she can be leslie jones

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Mar 25, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

its like how roxy, callie jane and jade dressed as the 2016 ghostbusters

because they are also bad and unfunny

e: roxy was okay, she can be leslie jones

Actually, I thought about this too while I was making that first post and realized that each of them do have in story connections to ghost and/or busting them: Jade played a Ghostbuster before in a MMORPG, Calliope and Jane are both actual ghosts (Calliope is only kept alive by the ring of life and Jane is another form of Nanasprite), and Roxy is a hero of Void and void as an aspect is strongly implied to have a connection to the outer rim where ghosts live. That last one is a bit of a stretch, but it still makes more sense than Karkat = Geromy.

Although I do agree that Leslie Jones is funny and good.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Clawtopsy posted:

Have you considered taking advice from a certain princess

But anyway, it has been almost a year, you guys. I totally understand people's issues with the ending even if I don't always agree with them but... man, it REALLY is time to move on at this point. Find something else that's fun and cool for you!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Personally, i've been playing videogames instead of reading Homestuck. Video games are a lot of fun

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Clawtopsy posted:

i ship karkat falling into lava

I ship Vriska and Lord English's laser breath.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

cathead posted:

Find something else that's fun and cool for you!
Something Cool and New, perhaps?
Seriously though people can do both.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

cathead posted:

But anyway, it has been almost a year, you guys. I totally understand people's issues with the ending even if I don't always agree with them but... man, it REALLY is time to move on at this point. Find something else that's fun and cool for you!

People are still pissed about the Harry Potter epilogue and it's been nearly seven years.

People are still pissed about The Phantom Menace and it's been nearly eighteen years.

Getting pissed off about stupid stuff is fun, and it's also fun to talk about that stupid stuff with other pissed off people.

That's basically what this whole site and a lot of the rest of the Internet was founded on.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Getting pissed off about stupid stuff is fun, and it's also fun to talk about that stupid stuff with other pissed off people.

It took me about 11 years to realize that no, it really isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

cathead posted:

You're right, it's time to move on. That's why I'm so hyped for Hiveswap!