Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

:lol:

Truly blessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I donno what that emote means but people who are mad at how we turned our backs on those who were infected and at risk of AIDS have no place to stand when mocking the horrific reality of what's going on now.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
These queers with their libertine ways poors with their deplorable ways deserve to die

Also I'm the good guy

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Grondoth posted:

I donno what that emote means but people who are mad at how we turned our backs on those who were infected and at risk of AIDS have no place to stand when mocking the horrific reality of what's going on now.

MLK Jr. loving nailed this a long time a go...

quote:

King envisioned such compensatory programs as benefiting African Americans and poor whites, whom he regarded as “derivative victims” of slavery and Jim Crow. In this regard, King drew on the writings of W.E.B. Du Bois, who once posited that poor and working-class whites gained nothing from Jim Crow but psychological “wages of whiteness.” In return for the psychological advantage that “whiteness” gave them, poor whites surrendered political and economic power to better-heeled white elites.

As the 1960s wore on, King increasingly viewed American politics through the lens of class. In his 1967 book, Where We Go From Here, he wrote, “In the treatment of poverty nationally, one fact stands out: There are twice as many white poor as Negro poor in the United States. Therefore I will not dwell on the experiences of poverty that derive from racial discrimination, but will discuss the poverty that affects white and Negro alike.” King appreciated, of course, that African Americans suffered a very specific and targeted form of discrimination. But he embraced a radical economic critique that viewed racism as a cultural touchpoint that prevented working-class white people from acting in their better economic interest.

It really is sad.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Grondoth posted:

I donno what that emote means

it means kill whitey

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Through pain, loss and tragedy do we truly feel diversity~

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Call Me Charlie posted:

And here's the actual joke.

ppl shouldn't freak out about it, but that is a pretty lousy joke

Grondoth posted:

it makes them at worst exactly the same as the people you're making appeals to sympathy for lol

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

wizard on a water slide posted:

it makes them at worst exactly the same as the people you're making appeals to sympathy for lol

1: Looking down on people who are suffering is hosed up, this is an epidemic that's bigger than the aids crisis in the US at its worst

2: The idea that everyone who dies due to ODing was some sort of social darwinist motherfucker who hates black people and think people just gotta pull themselves up by their boostraps is insane and you can only think it so that you don't feel bad about wanting people to die in misery and despair

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Grondoth posted:

this is an epidemic that's bigger than the aids crisis in the US at its worst

which is in no way limited to Poor Whites. in fact, does it even disproportionately affect poor whites as opposed to other poor people, or (esp since you rolled alcoholism and prescription drugs into it not just meth and poo poo) rich people?

Grondoth posted:

2: The idea that everyone who dies due to ODing was some sort of social darwinist motherfucker who hates black people and think people just gotta pull themselves up by their boostraps is insane and you can only think it so that you don't feel bad about wanting people to die in misery and despair

I don't think that way personally bc im literally from the rural south, but you're projecting a lot and extremely butthurt of this. you can just say you don't care how fags feel because they're mean to the people from whatever holler you grew up in dude

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
How are you trying to take the moral high ground here? "Lol people are dying" is a hosed up way to think. Are we so deep into irony that genuine concern for other human beings because they are in pain is somehow bad? That the correct and moral position is to demean people going through terrible events? Jesus christ.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Let's all reflect for a moment on how horrible the "War on Drugs" is and how Obama, Carter, and Clinton did little to nothing to curb it....

The only people I've seen support it are career politicians and washington insiders. I've met republicans, democrats, libertarians, greens, indepedents...what have you. All agree it's horrible. Yet the CIA, and others still get funding for this horseshit.

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Mar 24, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Controversial opinion I know but maybe cheering on people dying is bad?

FuzzySkinner posted:

Let's all reflect for a moment on how horrible the "War on Drugs" is and how Obama, Carter, and Clinton did little to nothing to curb it....

The only people I've seen support it are career politicians and washington insiders. I've met republicans, democrats, libertarians, greens, indepedents...what have you. All agree it's horrible. Yet the CIA, and others still get funding for this horseshit.

Yeah the most Republican guy in my office the other day was complaining about our Dem governor, who loves the drug war, not wanting to legalize weed. It would be such an easy issue for Dems to take up to shore up their toxic brand but nope, gotta get those donations from big pharma and the prison guard union!

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Mar 24, 2017

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

it bothers me that you think the rise of anti-semitic neo-nazis emboldened by trump somehow isn't happening because some israeli teen decided that american jews don't hate arabs enough and decided to try to change that

most of the anti-semitism around today is generated by radical islam, which is both passively and actively endorsed by the left, especially in Europe

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

most of the anti-semitism around today is generated by radical islam, which is both passively and actively endorsed by the left, especially in Europe

aaaand you're both wrong

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/APEastRegion/status/845374453622231040

The replies lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

yeah it's radical islam and not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUE_RmGrBBs

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

close penn state

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

hmm, israel does some bad things, which excuses anti-semitic shits targeting jews globally, including ones that have never even lived anywhere near Israel, because ???

there's antisemitism on both the left and the right, the difference is that while on the right it's considered an extremist view held only by neo-nazis, on the left it's widely accepted and cloaked under the umbrella of ~anti-zionism~ and used to excuse all manner of lovely anti-semitic behaviour like BDS, harassing and censoring Jewish students at colleges, pestering Jewish politicians and businessmen both in person and on the internet, glorification of suicide bombers, acceptance of clerics giving antisemtic speeches in mosques, downplaying anti-semitic attacks in the media, etc

also the UN's myopic obsession with Israel

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

wizard on a water slide posted:

ppl shouldn't freak out about it, but that is a pretty lousy joke

Chappelle's like 95% delivery so transcribing his joke doesn't do it justice but I found it funny how he's basically going 'i loving hate bloggers because they misrepresent my jokes and try to turn me into the enemy. now here's a parable where i was the only one to try to help another person in trouble and was treated with complete contempt because i didn't know or care about that person's pronouns' and a blogger boils that three minute section in a different special to a single sentence of 'dave was offended someone corrected him and acts like it's a burden to refer to a transgender woman as she' in a larger piece where they misrepresent his jokes and try to turn him into the enemy.

Call Me Charlie has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Mar 25, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

hmm, israel does some bad things, which excuses anti-semitic shits targeting jews globally, including ones that have never even lived anywhere near Israel, because ???

there's antisemitism on both the left and the right, the difference is that while on the right it's considered an extremist view held only by neo-nazis, on the left it's widely accepted and cloaked under the umbrella of ~anti-zionism~ and used to excuse all manner of lovely anti-semitic behaviour like BDS, harassing and censoring Jewish students at colleges, pestering Jewish politicians and businessmen both in person and on the internet, glorification of suicide bombers, acceptance of clerics giving antisemtic speeches in mosques, downplaying anti-semitic attacks in the media, etc

also the UN's myopic obsession with Israel

I'm glad someone is finally standing up for israel.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

My penn state analogy in the dem thread from yesterday couldn't have been more well-timed :allears:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I'm glad someone is finally standing up for israel.

im glad that most of the more openly anti-semitic posters were permabanned off the forums years ago

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

im glad that most of the more openly anti-semitic posters were permabanned off the forums years ago

yeah its really anti semitic to be against a nation having a permanent underclass of natives they terrorize and murder. similarly why there is certainly not a "myopic obsession" with it at the un, israel just doesn't crare for that whole "international law" nonsense

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the hell is Yooka Laylee, it sounds dumb.

Also lol at you americans for importing idiots like Samantha Bee, Milo, Louise Mensch or that unfunny "Drumpf" guy. You have a shortage of stupid people to put on tv or something? SAD!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

You have a shortage of stupid people to put on tv or something? SAD!

We don't, in fact we made one of them president.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DoctorGonzo posted:

You have a shortage of stupid people to put on tv or something? SAD!

nah, they're all just on this show called saturday night live

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fiction posted:

yeah its really anti semitic to be against a nation having a permanent underclass of natives they terrorize and murder. similarly why there is certainly not a "myopic obsession" with it at the un, israel just doesn't crare for that whole "international law" nonsense

look at this dude defending the persecution of jews worldwide because Israel

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

Yeah, I rely on that tweet too often. it's just so good, though!

I'm more about the zero differences between good and evil tweet thanks to the neolib idiocy that gets posted here.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

call to action posted:

I like how people would literally rather see Jews live under threat and fear than admit that maybe /pol/ doesn't have an anti Semitic mind control ray

you know zero about jewish and israeli politics and are trying to abuse the point of this thread

you and racist hot dog gif man

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

FuzzySkinner posted:

"They'd rather lose being corporatist democrats, then win with a progressive narrative"- Jimmy Dore.

As such they personally benefit from the right wing policies of the GOP which they allow to win by being lovely politicians, AND they get to have good, safe careers as "opposition" leaders who are, by virtue of they position, totally beyond reproach no matter how loathed and corrupt they become. So they make money keeping progressives away from power, and enjoy tax breaks and reduced responsibility to the public given to them by the right wing.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

just look at him, even god punished him

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lightning Lord posted:

you know zero about jewish and israeli politics and are trying to abuse the point of this thread

Thanks forums police for your opinion about my opinion, made extra funny because nothing I said had anything to do with "Israeli politics"

I know it gets y'all hard to think about Jews being discriminated against, but maybe you should try to be happy that fewer people are Nazis (who should be rightfully bashed) than the NYT desperately wants there to be. It's hard, I know, but you'll develop a gently caress Trump worldview that doesn't primarily involve imagining demons wherever you look

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Liberals celebrating the death of rural white people are not doing it from a place of 'revenge' for crimes done against them, but because of a belief in social darwinism. The inferiors/unvirtuous die due to their inferiority/stupidity/whatever.

But, why are they like that? What social factors are in place that produced that prejudice in the first place? What about the poor all around the world, in third world countries, who don't exactly all hold 100% progressive views - are they automatically deserving of death?

These, and other questions, are never asked, because they challenge the very heart of smug liberal arrogance - that they, the liberals, are privileged, and that they are celebrating the misfortunes of those without privilege, because they see them as 'flawed'.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

call to action posted:

Thanks forums police for your opinion about my opinion, made extra funny because nothing I said had anything to do with "Israeli politics"

I know it gets y'all hard to think about Jews being discriminated against, but maybe you should try to be happy that fewer people are Nazis (who should be rightfully bashed) than the NYT desperately wants there to be. It's hard, I know, but you'll develop a gently caress Trump worldview that doesn't primarily involve imagining demons wherever you look

shut up you garbage moron

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:

scrapping the absolute bottom of the barrel here

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lightning Lord posted:

You know zero about morracans or morraco politics and are trying to abuse the point of this thread.

You racist.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

Going back to Dave Chappelle.

What Is Dave Chappelle’s Problem With Gay People?
https://newrepublic.com/article/141550/dave-chappelles-problem-gay-people

And here's the actual joke.

eh, his new stuff is pretty cringe-"i'm a tolerant person, but..." and has a lot of weird focus on trans and gay punchlines

~problematic~ humor works when its seriously funny, like i think he pulled off most of the cosby/rape bits, but most of it is a miss

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I hope the next person who says "good comedy punches up" gets kneed in the dick.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

call to action posted:

I'm Jewish :laugh:

I mean yeah sure, the paranoid idiots who think that they can roll a rock over in America and a fully uniformed SS officer will spring up and drill them with a Luger are wrong, but who cares? What's hilarious is you think the increasing levels of anti-semitism is deflated or explained away by like someone said earlier, a broken brained Israeli teen who is mad that American Jews by and large don't want to grind up Palestinians into a delicious slurry

It's like the morons who are placated by Putin buying an apartment in Tel Aviv for some teacher, "No world leader who hates Jews could do that," they say, as Russia continues to have the most neonazis internationally

Lightning Lord has issued a correction as of 01:17 on Mar 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Is there a source for "increasing levels of anti-semitism." Maybe an objective measure of "anti-semitism" today, vs last year, or 10 years ago, or 100 years ago?

• Locked thread