Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Not gonna lie, this chapter had a really dope panel.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Chapter-528?id=359011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I love that Achnologia managed to make a reaction face.

That last panel is like distilled Fairy Tail though. A clearly pointless "mysterious" entrance that shrouds the identity in shadows by focusing squarely on their boobs. The inexplicably shinny nips are what makes sure your eyes are drawn to the boobs in the middle of the panel.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The horse prow really completes the sheer majesty of that picture.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The Fairy Tail crew just needs to go rent Aster/Asta from Black Clover for a day.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Haha acnologia aka puff the magic dragon.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Prepare for ramming speed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTAx8r_090o

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Hate-Senpai posted:

Not gonna lie, this chapter had a really dope panel.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Chapter-528?id=359011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-YVqV0v4Q

(that video is def fairy_tail.rm)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So wait, why did that guy think he was Zeref's son? We he just such a fervent follower that he convinced himself?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

So wait, why did that guy think he was Zeref's son? We he just such a fervent follower that he convinced himself?

He was an Etherious created by Zeref as practice for reviving Natsu.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

zreff gave him the name Dragneel because he was the prototype body for natsu. Also i'm still upset that dragneel isn't Igneel's last name

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any idea who that is at the end? I was thinking future Lucy but she doesn't really look like her.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

Any idea who that is at the end? I was thinking future Lucy but she doesn't really look like her.

Pretty sure it's Anna, who was Lucy's ancestor and one of Zeref's ex-girlfriends.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
if the final boss of fairy tail isnt ivan and/or the dark god i will be somewhat disappointed

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Relin posted:

if the final boss of fairy tail isnt ivan and/or the dark god i will be somewhat disappointed

Oh right, there's supposed to be a thing with Ivan.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Kuroyama posted:

Oh right, there's supposed to be a thing with Ivan.

Remind me who Ivan is, Fairy Tail's curse of amnesia strikes again.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Laxus's dad I think.

Jobbed like a punk against Laxus despite outnumbering him 5 to 1 with members who, according to him, were specifically trained to deal with Fairy Tail members.

As he was taken away he jabbered on something about the dark side of Fairy Tail. Something about Fairy Law?

I dunno.

Story might have touched on this?

I don't remember.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dude jobbed so hard despite being related to Laxus and the Master.

Look at what Google has to say about him.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I want to say he mentioned something last during the grand magic games. Might check out the anime eps because that arc was okay. At least the actual games were.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

As he was taken away he jabbered on something about the dark side of Fairy Tail. Something about Fairy Law?

Every time Fairy Law is activated thousands of lives in some far away country that Mavis started for the sole purpose of being magic fuel are consumed. Her friendliness is just a facade and Mavis will be the final boss.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Hate-Senpai posted:

The horse prow really completes the sheer majesty of that picture.

My favourite thing about it was that unlike most things in Fairy Tail I knew immediately who owned the ship because something that fabulous could only belong to Ichiya.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

tsob posted:

My favourite thing about it was that unlike most things in Fairy Tail I knew immediately who owned the ship because something that fabulous could only belong to Ichiya.

If there's one character who's never disappointed me in Fairy Tail, it's Ichiya. He's easily my favorite!

MEEEENNNN!!!

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Ichiya has saved the day so many times. It's great.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

He also caused a 'zombie' apocalypse. Truly the greatest.

vvv e: My apologies, I was incorrect. vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 28, 2017

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

He also caused a 'zombie' apocalypse. Truly the greatest.

It wasn't a zombie apocalypse, it was the populace realizing they should want to be like Ichiya. Totally understandable.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Kuroyama posted:

It wasn't a zombie apocalypse, it was the populace realizing they should want to be like Ichiya. Totally understandable.

That's still an apocalypse, just not the biblical kind.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ConanThe3rd posted:

That's still an apocalypse, just not the biblical kind.

It's one letter away from being biblical.

Just toss an "A" in front of Ichiya's catchphrase.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I find it kind of funny that he is voiced by Aizen from bleach.

Leonyth
Mar 17, 2009
Ivan is after Lumen Histoire, which turned out to be Fairy Heart, which turned out to be Mavis. Only the FT Guild Masters knew it was Mavis, anyone else who knew about it just figured it was a giant unlimited magic battery or something. (168/169 of the show)

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The panel with fatty Acnologia after yumming so much magic is pretty funny.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Chapter 529

You see, time travel is a lot like boobs.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
How is it that Mashima is able to make so many chapters where gently caress all of any note happens? Like all of chapter 530 and 531 build up to a rug pull by Zeref that is clearly just a set up for Natsu to put the rug back and I don't even know why I'm still reading this anymore.

Nothing happens, and if something does happen you'll forget about it within a few hours, because the manga Fairy Tail is actually a weekly time lapse made digital.

Every chapter for a while now has been read by me as the result of remembering that Fairy Tail exists and not being able to remember how long it's been since I read it. Surely a few chapters have built up and I'll be able to get some sort of actual happening. But no, it turns out I did read the last chapter and it's been a week and I forgot.

Help I'm suffering from a memory curse that activates weekly and reminds me that Fairy Tail is a thing that exists.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 16, 2017

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
We are all cursed.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Gyges posted:

How is it that Mashima is able to make so many chapters where gently caress all of any note happens?

Have you ever read Bleach?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Bleach shattered the illusion though, whereas Fairy Tail still feels like something could happen on the next page while Bleach was pretty clear in that gently caress you, you're never getting to the fireworks factory, this old mountain man works on his own sense of time gently caress YOU EDITOR

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
New chapters are out.

I like how Lucy's solution is to write fanfic inside a book of Zeref.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

AtheistMantis posted:

New chapters are out.

I like how Lucy's solution is to write fanfic inside a book of Zeref.

Gonna get some of the most overt Deus Ex Machina bullshit ever pretty soon.

Also Zeref is literally Aizen now.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Crazyeyes posted:

I'm not sure if this is more insulting to Kubo or Mashima.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I'm not sure if this is more insulting to Kubo or Mashima.

The greatest insult is to the reader.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Crazyeyes posted:

Aizen actually had charisma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Crazyeyes posted:

As much as I love a good "I'm evil because why not! gently caress it, right?" villain, Aizen was most definitely not that, so Zeref wins based on having Literally Any Motivation Or Backstory.

• Locked thread