Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
To be fair, snake venom is on the short list of examples Wikipedia gives for "Biohazardous Materials", but that's probably more of an accident on the developer's part than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't know what you guys are talking about, the Resident Evil logo is nowhere on that snake. :v:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't know what you guys are talking about, the Resident Evil logo is nowhere on that snake. :v:

...they have a logo?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Mono-steel is a super rare type for some reason. Like in the actual games there are only two fully evolved mono-steel, plus Mega Aggron and the two type changers.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think I've found Nuclear Arbok's Mega evolution: http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Megidramon

Love that guy...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EclecticTastes posted:

At this rate, I'd bet he's actually just named after the Chrono Trigger character, the designer doesn't know what Guns 'n' Roses is because it's not an anime
anime is better than guns n' roses

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

^^^^^^ E: But Tyranitar isn't in this game? :confused:

You raise a fair point. Reptar?

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
NucleArbok! It's been staring us all in the face, except for the part where it's really more of a biohazArbok

But what do I know, I'm just a ~~guy gamer~~ o3o lewl gently caress this shitass game

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Pokemon Uranium-gently caress this shitass game

Suraht
Feb 12, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

These Pokemon aren't very rad. :v:

At this point, I'm fully expecting a future trainer to say "My Pokemon is kickin' rad!" before battle and then throw a nuclear Hitmonlee or something similar at the player.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Suraht posted:

At this point, I'm fully expecting a future trainer to say "My Pokemon is kickin' rad!" before battle and then throw a nuclear Hitmonlee or something similar at the player.

No because that's a proper, groanworthy pun with inventiveness and thought put into it.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

VolticSurge posted:

Pokemon Uranium-gently caress this shitass game

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

What about a nuclear football? :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I dunno, I'm still pretty partial to

Pokemon Uranium: "This game deserved the C&D."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Pokemon Uranium: gently caress this lovely game, it deserved the C&D

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Johnny Joestar posted:

uranium seems to have a 'thing' for giving canon pokemon evolutions of its own. they generally just really suck for the most part

As I posted a few pages ago there was this great run of Fanemon that had evolution for pre-existing mons and they looked great. Empriallia looks like poo poo already then you compare it to this rather spot on idea of a Primape upgrade:

And it looks even worse.

Edit:

Holy dick I found the Digimon that they ripped our favorite DragonTractor off of:

Dammit Uranium why must your great parts be stolen.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 25, 2017

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
Where does the whole ~~grrrrl gamer~~ stereotype even come from? You see nerds on the internet complaining about people like that all the time, but I've never seen anyone even remotely like that at all. Is it just baseless sexism or is there some actual trend that I've somehow remained sheltered from?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Some crazy people will try to tell you it's Real but they are crazy and we should avoid the subject.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Hammurabi posted:

Is it just baseless sexism

Got it in one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Hammurabi posted:

Where does the whole ~~grrrrl gamer~~ stereotype even come from? You see nerds on the internet complaining about people like that all the time, but I've never seen anyone even remotely like that at all. Is it just baseless sexism or is there some actual trend that I've somehow remained sheltered from?

You're sheltered if you never looked at twitch chat or youtube comments once.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Hammurabi posted:

Nerds resent women existing around them and not sexing them personally

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a woman points out how her gender impacts her view of some game or comic or whatever

'ugh look at this fake geek girl pretending to be into video games to get laid'

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You'd think they'd start drawing down on reactors after this.

Reimou
Jan 20, 2015
Oh, right. I forgot about how grating this town and gym was.

...the next part of the game is pretty cool, though! I like the atmosphere of the route we'll be going on to get to Amatree town a lot. It's inspired by Brazilian ecology, and it feels wonderfully dangerous in a way the rest of the game doesn't capture nearly as well, even when it's trying.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Glazius posted:

You'd think they'd start drawing down on reactors after this.

Considering that we're only now seeing the demise of coal plants in real life, the pseudo-Pokeverse reactors probably wouldn't go away until something vastly more profitable for their owners showed up, no matter how many accidents happened.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Hammurabi posted:

The former, for sure. The undercurrent is that even if women DO play games, they SHOULDN'T. But they don't, of course, so girl gamers aren't sincere in their appreciation of games, and are pretending because....????!??!?! I don't presume to understand that entire ball of crazy. I don't know why anyone other than maybe a shady industry shill would pretend to be a gamer. But, I guess we get back to Gamergate on that, where the gaming industry and game journalism are only problematic and corrupt so long as women are involved in some way.

I'm not surprised there's this stupid tasteless bit in Uranium. The kind of Pokemon fan that would make these kind of insane design decisions almost certainly has some Bad Opinions about things.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pokemon Uranium is not a very good game.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Pokémon Uranium is a very bad game.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

RareAcumen posted:

Pokemon Uranium is not a very good game.

Maybe.. maybe it's a parody of what misogynists think. :(

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
E: I foolishly and shamelessly touched the poop.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 25, 2017

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Johnny Joestar posted:

uranium seems to have a 'thing' for giving canon pokemon evolutions of its own. they generally just really suck for the most part

It even gets a tail again, despite that being against the entire theme of the Mankey line, even though ITS OWN loving NAME matches the theme.

Mankey > Primape, monkey > ape, tail > no tail. Do gorillas have tails, Uranium??? :cripes:

Mandrage posted earlier works, because mandrills actually have tails!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Herr Tog posted:

...they have a logo?

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

Seyser Koze posted:

Considering that we're only now seeing the demise of coal plants in real life, the pseudo-Pokeverse reactors probably wouldn't go away until something vastly more profitable for their owners showed up, no matter how many accidents happened.

You keep that sensible and logical train of thought to yourself, young goon. This is horrible no good fangame country.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm surprised no one talked about Tie and the absolute hell he went through trying to beat this gym. I think there was a solid couple of hours dedicated to trying to craft up a way to beat the metal dragon at the end. Everything else on Sheldon's team was easy but Tracton kicked his rear end multiple times over.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Tie was also dealing with that ludicrous item-holding bug the whole time, too.

The only way this gym got beaten on his end was by using his starter's Static to paralyze Tracton and get lucky repeatedly. That thing is ridiculous and if it gets going at ALL it's ridiculously hard to stop.

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.
Finally caught up. Goddamn, Uranium is not a very good game :(

Tracton is actually an example a problem all fan games suffer from: fans generally shouldn't make games. Obviously the vast majority of them lack the talent or game design sense to do so. Then, there are people like the guy who made Uranium: someone who clearly has the ability and sense to make a Pokémon game, but not the rest of the talents necessary to understand why they're so popular. Much like FFT 1.3, you can claim the game is for a specific subset of the fans all you want...that still won't excuse or explain away the worst parts of its design. Tracton is a shining example of a Type combination and moveset that fans would love to have on their competitive Pokémon, but never take two seconds to think why Game Freak hasn't designed their untouchable sweeping MEGAWEAPON yet.

As an aside...I cannot believe nobody's brought up how stupid the idea of starters with only one evolution BECAUSE MEGA EVOLUTIONS is. Every other starter in Pokémon, even the ones with Mega Evolutions, have three forms. This is meant to give them gradual increases in power that keep them relevant throughout the entire game so that you always have a Pokémon you can (somewhat) rely on to be useful at any given time unless you're purposely hampering yourself by keeping them un-evolved. Mega Evolutions are meant to be huge, fight-altering power boosts that swing fights in your favor (at least, on paper anyhow). Reducing the Uranium starters to having only two forms severely limits their use running up to the mid-game and having Mega Evolutions doesn't excuse this. It's not like you get as many Mega Evolutions as you want...you can still only do it once per fight :psyduck:

Then again, what can I expect from the game with a story about a potentially mutated lost mother :v:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

UmbreonMessiah posted:

As an aside...I cannot believe nobody's brought up how stupid the idea of starters with only one evolution BECAUSE MEGA EVOLUTIONS is.

We have.

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010
One of the big things is the level scope of the game is different, most official pokemon games would have you fight the E4 at the level range uranium has you fight gym 6-7.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shiva Asori posted:

One of the big things is the level scope of the game is different, most official pokemon games would have you fight the E4 at the level range uranium has you fight gym 6-7.

That sounds like how X and Y are balanced, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiva Asori
Mar 5, 2010

Genocyber posted:

That sounds like how X and Y are balanced, actually.

that may be but it also leads to bad design decisions like having a pokemon evolve at lvl 72.

• Locked thread