Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wanna see that minotaur set up a perfect blitz, roll triple skulls, and fail its loner check for the re-roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I guess time to move into this thread as currently I pretty much only paint / play Blood Bowl.

Finished a bunch of beastmen for my Slaanesh themed Chaos Blood Bowl team. Just the warriors left to do now, and can move to the next project.

Edit: Holy poo poo I need some better way to take photos because mobile phone pics with window light sure come out different.

drat those look great.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I love the old Keeper of Secrets mini. :allears:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Safety Factor posted:

Wanna see that minotaur set up a perfect blitz, roll triple skulls, and fail its loner check for the re-roll.

This is definitely keeping in the true spirit of the game. Praise Nuffle.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Last game, my troll took out tge ogre in the first turn.

poo poo was great, scored my first touchdown that game.

Still didn't win.

Four loses in a row.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:

Safety Factor posted:

Triple skulls, pass loner, triple both downs without block or jugger. Nuffle is such a bitch.

That's a superb looking team that doesn't deserve anything that Nuffle dishes out.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Safety Factor posted:

After standing in the same square for three turns due to its roar roll.

Also, £38 Deathloler

Plus new troll, much more reasonable. GW getting worse and worse at taking photos of their models for their store, what is it doing with its left arm..?

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 25, 2017

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Marmaduke! posted:

After standing in the same square for three turns due to its roar roll.

Also, £38 Deathloler

Plus new troll, much more reasonable. GW getting worse and worse at taking photos of their models for their store, what is it doing with its left arm..?

That troll is not a bad model, but as with most of GWs latest stuff it feels too busy. I bet thats why you can check out poo poo in 360 view on GWs webpage, because from the simple images you cant make out what the gently caress is going on with that model.

I like the colour scheme.

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 25, 2017

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

That troll is not a bad model, but as with most of GWs latest stuff it feels too busy. I bet thats why you can check out poo poo in 360 view on GWs webpage, because from the simple images you cant make out what the gently caress is going on with that model.

I like the colour scheme.

What's the new troll?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blood-Bowl-Troll

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Oh that poo poo is nice. Very tempted...

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

holy jesus god that is overdesigned

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's perfectly fine. It's a river troll throwing a goblin.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Yeahhhh up until now I haven't disliked any of the new BB models, but that troll doesn't work for me. Easy enough to convert one though.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Maybe, but it's yet another example of GW's trend of "let's photograph this mini from the worst angle possible." When I first looked at it, I was like, "What the gently caress is up with the mask on only half of his face?" Then I realized that that was his other hand.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
That's an interesting mini because I don't think it looks good from any static angle, but it looks fine in the 3D rotation.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Ilor posted:

Maybe, but it's yet another example of GW's trend of "let's photograph this mini from the worst angle possible." When I first looked at it, I was like, "What the gently caress is up with the mask on only half of his face?" Then I realized that that was his other hand.

He's the phantom of the Blood Bowl match!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It's not really a bad miniature, but that is a weirdly terrible photograph of it. I don't understand what they're thinking with some of their shots.

I think the line of action could be greatly improved, but its fine.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Eurgh... I love some of the detail (the bear trap stuck on his foot for starters) but not massively keen on that pose :/ I'd think you'd be better off picking up the plastic river trolls and slapping some armour plates and a helmet on them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh is that what it is. I thought it was a weird shoe for digging into the floor and kicking dudes with.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I quite like the pose. He's baseball pitching the gobbo.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
The fact that multiple people here have looked at the photo and not been able to immediately tell what the details are supposed to represent is pretty damning.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Of the people looking at it.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Ilor posted:

I like the model, but I couldn't figure out why he had a really terrible looking mask until you said this. What a bizarre choice.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I should clarify, I go straight to the 360 views and don't even bother with static shots nowadays.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Well, it's not like you can get to the 360 degree view without having the terrible static view in front of you first. Plus, the 360 degree view isn't available on many phones (at least, not mine).

We're not deriding the pose or the model itself*, just the terrible angle. As you say you don't bother with the static view, then that seems to suggest that the static views are indeed rubbish!

*other than personal opinion, like thinking it is a bit "busy", but that's to be expected.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I have absolutely no disagreement with the assertion "GW cannot take photos for poo poo."

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I really wish that I could sculpt green stuff worth a drat because I really want to make conversions for Sett Cavre and Mr. Hadwick.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I got to play Shadespire at Adepticon and I really enjoyed it. An expandable, balanced miniatures game with a low model count, low buy-in, and quick playtime is kind of what people have been wanting GW to make for years. I played a few rounds of it with The Sex Cannon and we both had a blast. It's alternating activations and positioning is really key. It's also got a deck building aspect and a board building aspect that we didn't get to explore in the demo, but that only adds more strategy to it. I'm excited to play it, I just hope they expand beyond Stormcast and Bloodbound sooner rather than later. There was a Q&A session where people got too much in the weeds with their questions, but the golden rule of panels is not to have fans ask questions.

Anyway, looking forward to it.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

SRM posted:

I got to play Shadespire at Adepticon and I really enjoyed it. An expandable, balanced miniatures game with a low model count, low buy-in, and quick playtime is kind of what people have been wanting GW to make for years. I played a few rounds of it with The Sex Cannon and we both had a blast. It's alternating activations and positioning is really key. It's also got a deck building aspect and a board building aspect that we didn't get to explore in the demo, but that only adds more strategy to it. I'm excited to play it, I just hope they expand beyond Stormcast and Bloodbound sooner rather than later. There was a Q&A session where people got too much in the weeds with their questions, but the golden rule of panels is not to have fans ask questions.

Anyway, looking forward to it.

Are the models the same scale as AOS stuff, or are they going to have to expand Shadespire separately?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Shadin posted:

Are the models the same scale as AOS stuff, or are they going to have to expand Shadespire separately?

They're the same scale as AoS models, and they'll get warscrolls as they come out. The thing is, each model has a card that is for that specific character. So for instance, the three Stormcast guys in the starter are wholly unique sculpts with cards and names that correspond with them, as are the 5 Bloodbound guys. Think of them the way Malifaux or Guild Ball has specific characters assigned to cards, and less generic than something like Mordheim henchmen.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
See this sounds interesting. Hopefully they do dwarf sky pirates.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
I have a bunch of Necromunda bulkheads and some board that works with them. Is there anywhere I can find scans of the platforms and walkways that I can print out? Or unofficial equivalents?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'm betting they will. My only problem is that the included gangs aren't that interesting, even if the models are nice. I'd love to see them use it to explore some of the more obscure and less explored factions in the AoS setting, but when I asked if they were planning on doing that specifically they were expectedly mum about it.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Here is a demo of Shadespire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFIrkx9uwdU

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I have a bunch of Necromunda bulkheads and some board that works with them. Is there anywhere I can find scans of the platforms and walkways that I can print out? Or unofficial equivalents?

Look on Yaktribe, in the files section. Might need to register to see or download them.

If you have any problems finding them, shout me and I'll look - not much use on my phone at the moment.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That was an awful demo, but what I can see of the game looks interesting. I will definitely give it a shot though I'm not terribly interested in either of the starting warbands. If they come out with new lizardmen or dwarf sculpts, I'm in.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Honestly I'm feeling a lot more positive about GW than I have in years. They've still got a way to go, but I'm actually considering playing at least Shadow War and Shadespire. Necromunda with all the 40K races sounds right up my alley and Shadespire looks like it's legitimately a good game.

Hell has frozen over, cuz if you said to me "Hey Frosty you might entertain the idea of coming back to GW games" three or four years ago, I would've laughed in your face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

FrostyPox posted:

Honestly I'm feeling a lot more positive about GW than I have in years. They've still got a way to go, but I'm actually considering playing at least Shadow War and Shadespire. Necromunda with all the 40K races sounds right up my alley and Shadespire looks like it's legitimately a good game.

Hell has frozen over, cuz if you said to me "Hey Frosty you might entertain the idea of coming back to GW games" three or four years ago, I would've laughed in your face.

Shadow War carries a pricetag of $130 and isn't the real Necromunda reboot. I'll hold off until that comes out next year. It might be totally fine, but I'm flat out not interested at that price, plus the cost of GW models that I don't otherwise have a use for (there's no way in hell I'm using it as an entry point into 40k proper).

Shadespire might be really good, but so long as its Sigmarines vs Bloodbloods I cannot possibly care.