Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Some of y'all may have seen in the news that Trump has his very own Brownshirts now, a podcast-assembled group of MRAs called "Proud Boys" (no-poo poo named after a song from Aladdin) that make Bronies look tough. They've gotten in a couple scuffles with Anti-Fa types and fared poorly even in combat again the "snowflakes" they despise.

Apropos of that, let's flash back to a great article from 2007: Today's Neo-Nazis Have No Respect For Tradition

TapTheForwardAssist has a new favorite as of 05:45 on Mar 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Proud Boys? Sounds like if you asked a Mormon to come up with a name for a street gang.

EDIT: They sound like they're from the bad part of Candyland.

Ariong has a new favorite as of 05:49 on Mar 11, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

"Proud Boys" is a fantastic idea.

- no jerking off
- youre a boy and youre proud! imagine when you turned 12 years old and just biked through the world and had a rat-tail and a Raiders cap. i think thats the feeling they wanna capture permanently

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
So far the Proud Boys are mostly famous for having one member get arrested for punching a DNAinfo reporter at NYU, and accidentally pepper-spraying their own people at Berkeley.

The Onion article is making fun of skinheads as a disgrace to Nazism, but the likes of Combat 18 and the Hammerskins would weep at the post-frat dweebs repping the right now.

Their initiation ceremony involves punching a recruit until he's able to say the names of five breakfast cereals. I'm not making that up.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

So far the Proud Boys are mostly famous for having one member get arrested for punching a DNAinfo reporter at NYU, and accidentally pepper-spraying their own people at Berkeley.

The Onion article is making fun of skinheads as a disgrace to Nazism, but the likes of Combat 18 and the Hammerskins would weep at the post-frat dweebs repping the right now.

Their initiation ceremony involves punching a recruit until he's able to say the names of five breakfast cereals. I'm not making that up.

Sanitarium's grassroots marketing is weird

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

What? You can't just leave it at that. What if they can already name five breakfast cereals? Do they still get punched? If they can't name five cereals, how does punching make them remember? If you never come up with five, do you just get your god drat head bashed in?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
So it was cofounded by one of the guys who started Vice and their logo looks like something you'd expect your aunt to crochet on a throw pillow:

Are nazis going full hipster (hitlster?) or did it already happen years ago?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

jojoinnit posted:

So it was cofounded by one of the guys who started Vice and their logo looks like something you'd expect your aunt to crochet on a throw pillow:

Pretty much. They're trying to present White Masculine Supremacy in a clean cut, appealing way. Kind of like that one dude who got punched during the Trump rally and Milo before he got outed as a Pedo.

Breakfast Cereals? You have actual gangs beating new recruits to the point of brain trauma and these guys think naming cereals elevates this to the same intensity?

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

jojoinnit posted:

It already happened years ago.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Proud Boys seems like it should be an idea the gang has on IASIP

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Hee hee, looks like them ol proud boys is at it again *hocks into a spittoon*

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Rowdy Boys!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

oldpainless posted:

The Proud Boys seems like it should be an idea the gang has on IASIP
For some reason I picture the Van Buren Boys from Seinfeld.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Lord Hydronium posted:

For some reason I picture the Van Buren Boys from Seinfeld.

I picture the Berries and Cream lad from those Starburst commercials a few years ago.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

HACKER
PEOPLE

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
vape

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Is that rap singer supposed to be Psy?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

As if Kelly would be that with it?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
an oldie but still one of my favourite headlines to date:

Fritolaysia Cuts Off Chiplomatic Relations With Snackistan

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

ultrafilter posted:

As if Kelly would be that with it?

Gangnam Style was 5 years ago.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Gangnam Style was 5 years ago.

:thejoke:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

It's definitely Psy. Kelly rolls with a pop culture delay

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Inspiring!

"Horseplay"
"Sins I-V"

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
What I Learned About Race From Going To See ‘Get Out,’ Learning It Was Sold Out, And Going To See ‘Lego Batman’ Instead

quote:

It taught me that despite the inequality that plagues our society, a black woman can overcome racism and prejudice to become police commissioner of Gotham City.

One day she can even become Batgirl.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I can't stop laughing at this headline, probably because it's so true:

‘I Have Four Young Children,’ Says Kellyanne Conway In Most Disturbing Public Statement To Date

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Sorry, Religious Idiots, But If Jesus Is The Only Path To Salvation, Would He Even Forgive A Sinner Like Me?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Aides Wrestle Drill From Trump’s Hands As He Tries To Remove Obama Listening Device From Skull

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
My god, Kelly.

To top it off the title is Johnnie B. Dead

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I don't get it. Not even a little. If I go googling am I going to have troubling results about chuck berry recording people pissing?

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Yeah I'm afraid to Google more, is this a reference to something or just Kelly being a weird gross creepy old man?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/chuck-berry-tributes-prompt-online-anger-critics-ask-should/

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean there's not much more to it than that, Chuck Berry filmed women peeing.

I seem to remember a story about him peeing on a woman and then when she went in for a kiss saying something like "get away, you smell like piss."

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
FBI Calls For Increased Surveillance Powers To Keep Pace With Evolving Threat Of Presidential Administrations

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Buzzfeed gives us something Clickhole-worthy: Trump Got To Sit In A Big Boy Truck Because Today Was A Special Day!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Satire is dead until at least 2020.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

I actually burst out laughing, I don't even know why.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Nastyman posted:

I actually burst out laughing, I don't even know why.

I didn't think that was real until I checked and double-checked it.

That is something you give to a toddler who didn't cry while Dad got gas at a truck stop.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ultrafilter posted:

nah man we just gotta go deeper. inception style like

(*in an extremely cspam voice* lol someone from dnd would say "trump is a poo man" <- fuckin sa forums are bullshit imo) and another level outside this one that i couldnt think of *crowd goes wild*

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

ultrafilter posted:

Basically: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/20/the-onion-struggles-to-lampoon-trump?mbid=social_twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Good read, thanks for linking it