Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Kelp Plankton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSoIo6XqvQ

Power Rangers Legacy Wars came out as a tie-in to the new movie's release, but the roster includes a bunch of classic and modern TV rangers as well as some villains like Goldar.

It's a fighting game (real-time live PvP) but it doesn't play like the mash-happy Contest of Champions clones out there. Instead it's spending power on special moves almost exclusively, with a cost-free block ability too. There's a bit of a rock-paper-scissors thing going on but there's a lot more to it than that. Honestly, the game has some real fighting game feel to it, moreso than the other mobile fighting game attempts I've seen. The game gives you the new Red Ranger as your starter dude and then a random pull for your second one, but I don't know if rerolling matters since you'll probably get a few more without too much trouble.

It's kind of barebones right now but I'm having a lot of fun with it. There's some bugginess and the servers have some issues since it's day 1 but it's worth checking out. If people are interested we should set up a guild for whatever guilds get.

i got the credits i just need a guild name. current forerunner is Black Power Rangers

e: whoops I guess it's called Power Rangers
guild # 58f880a7

e: The new alliance name is Big Bad Beetleborgs. You must be in tier 2 and then the bottom left shield icon unlocks - search for Big Bad Beetleborgs and request an invite!

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
The power rangers game is a surprisingly fun fighter, but only pvp game mode is gonna get old fast, and these sort of fremium games always have "got ya" eventually. Whatevs, I'll do what I always do, play until I get bored.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Kelp Plankton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSoIo6XqvQ

Power Rangers Legacy Wars came out as a tie-in to the new movie's release, but the roster includes a bunch of classic and modern TV rangers as well as some villains like Goldar.

It's a fighting game (real-time live PvP) but it doesn't play like the mash-happy Contest of Champions clones out there. Instead it's spending power on special moves almost exclusively, with a cost-free block ability too. There's a bit of a rock-paper-scissors thing going on but there's a lot more to it than that. Honestly, the game has some real fighting game feel to it, moreso than the other mobile fighting game attempts I've seen. The game gives you the new Red Ranger as your starter dude and then a random pull for your second one, but I don't know if rerolling matters since you'll probably get a few more without too much trouble.

It's kind of barebones right now but I'm having a lot of fun with it. There's some bugginess and the servers have some issues since it's day 1 but it's worth checking out. If people are interested we should set up a guild for whatever guilds get.
I looked at the screenshots and now I want doughnuts

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Duggler posted:

Motorsport manager is free right now:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.game.motorsportmanager

If you're into racing sims at all check it out.

It's also 50% off on steam right now for those into such things

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Phyresis posted:

i got the credits i just need a guild name. current forerunner is Black Power Rangers

e: whoops I guess it's called Power Rangers
guild # 58f880a7

Well I've look, and i cant find it 🤔

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I am playing Postknight and it keeps locking up on me when I pick up some white piece of paper off the ground at the end of a run in the second area. The guy sits there bouncing and stuff but I cannot do anything. Have to kill the game and go back in.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Speaking of Postknight, what is with the gift system? I gave and received a gift right before being knighted (I believe), but haven't received nor had the option to give one since. Does that part of the game have any content that I'd miss? I don't care about romancing digital girls, particularly.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Azhais posted:

It's also 50% off on steam right now for those into such things

I believe the PC version is super different than the mobile, IIRC.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

hooah posted:

Speaking of Postknight, what is with the gift system? I gave and received a gift right before being knighted (I believe), but haven't received nor had the option to give one since. Does that part of the game have any content that I'd miss? I don't care about romancing digital girls, particularly.

You don't get an icon notification for it, you just tap on the girl you want to give a gift to. Don't know if it really matters, I stopped playing after making it to the second village.

Edit: or if it works the blacksmith and potion shop, you won't get a reminder until you're able to upgrade gear or fully level up a potion. Maybe you don't have a gift that they want?

Zarlog fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 24, 2017

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wow, One Finger Death Punch 3D is trash. It's almost like they have no idea what made the original game fun.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Trastion posted:

I am playing Postknight and it keeps locking up on me when I pick up some white piece of paper off the ground at the end of a run in the second area. The guy sits there bouncing and stuff but I cannot do anything. Have to kill the game and go back in.

Same here.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Did you ever get the Power Rangers guild up and running?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Trastion posted:

I had this happen last night, as well.

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

The Duggler posted:

Motorsport manager is free right now:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.game.motorsportmanager

If you're into Good Games at all check it out.

This was way better than I expected, as it always looked like it would be about as exciting as real F1, but its actually like a very polished version of Kariosoft's Grand Prix Story. You build up a team and car in a way thats similar to that and nothing like actual real car tuning etc

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm so bad at tire strategy in MSM. :negative:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

New Leaf posted:

Did you ever get the Power Rangers guild up and running?

yeah i hosed up and the guild name is "Power Rangers"

I'm the Mentor and it has like 5/30 people in it and we have like maybe 3000 MMR together

the guild # is 58f880a7 but that data is on the same main guild info window as the guild's roster so you'll see my name there anyway

it's buggy as poo poo right now (like the rest of the game) but if you post in here i'll try to add you. don't worry if it rejects your application it's been doing that. i have to manually fix it in those cases. v buggy

e: The new alliance name is Big Bad Beetleborgs. You must be in tier 2 and then the bottom left shield icon unlocks - search for Big Bad Beetleborgs and request an invite!

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 25, 2017

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Power Rangers: Legacy Wars is way better than it has any right to be as a marketing tie-in for the new movie. And as a Power Rangers video game, because those are always awful. It's a "fighting game" but not really, it's more of a card game than anything. You can move your lead Ranger left and right on the stage (it's just a 2D plane with walls a la Street Fighter stages, no bottomless pits or gimmicks) but you can't like, jump or pass under your opponent or anything. Your Ranger doesn't have any autoattacks or "mash the screen as fast as possible to attack" type garbage, every attack costs Energy (standard system, 10 max energy, regens over time, but there are quirks as to when the energy regen kicks in and stuff, it's pretty deep) so the game boils down the yomi mind game to its essence.

The most common, basic attacks are quick "Strike" attacks. They can be blocked by a 0 energy Block card, which staggers the attacker and gives the blocker a chance to counter attack... which the former attacker can block, if she has a block card available, and yeah you can chain them like DBZ as long as you have energy (the back and forth countering tends to iterate four or five times at most). There are also really slow, "Breaker" attacks that can break right through blocks and do hella damage. So Blocks stop Strikes, Breakers break Blocks, and Strikes can stuff Breakers (it's not guaranteed but they are way quicker).

There is a high skill component to this game. Whales will have more hp than you and hit harder but comebacks (and salty throws) are very achievable because of the nature of momentum in fighting games. Nothing is more satisfying than outplaying some guy who spent $1000 on Tommy, the Green Ranger. It has that satisfying feeling you get when you know that you've completely downloaded your opponent and you are mind gaming his rear end. It's cool to feel like you are reading someone's mind

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 24, 2017

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Phyresis posted:

Power Rangers: Legacy Wars is way better than it has any right to be as a marketing tie-in for the new movie. And as a Power Rangers video game, because those are always awful. It's a "fighting game" but not really, it's more of a card game than anything. You can move your lead Ranger left and right on the stage (it's just a 2D plane with walls a la Street Fighter stages, no bottomless pits or gimmicks) but you can't like, jump or pass under your opponent or anything. Your Ranger doesn't have any autoattacks or "mash the screen as fast as possible to attack" type garbage, every attack costs Energy (standard system, 10 max energy, regens over time, but there are quirks as to when the energy regen kicks in and stuff, it's pretty deep) so the game boils down the yomi mind game to its essence.

The most common, basic attacks are quick "Strike" attacks. They can be blocked by a 0 energy Block card, which staggers the attacker and gives the blocker a chance to counter attack... which the former attacker can block, if she has a block card available, and yeah you can chain them like DBZ as long as you have energy (the back and forth countering tends to iterate four or five times at most). There are also really slow, "Breaker" attacks that can break right through blocks and do hella damage. So Blocks stop Strikes, Breakers break Blocks, and Strikes can stuff Breakers (it's not guaranteed but they are way quicker).

There is a high skill component to this game. Whales will have more hp than you and hit harder but comebacks (and salty throws) are very achievable because of the nature of momentum in fighting games. Nothing is more satisfying than outplaying some guy who spent $1000 on Tommy, the Green Ranger. It has that satisfying feeling you get when you know that you've completely downloaded your opponent and you are mind gaming his rear end. It's cool to feel like you are reading someone's mind

Yeah the fighting is surprising deep. I'm in the second arena dominating as Blue Ranger (original mmpr) and two yellow rangers, original mmpr and remake movie version. Those two yellow rangers are great at rushdown.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Make sure you post or something if you apply to the guild cuz there is a steady trickle of pubbie requests and I'm just nuking them

OG Trini is like... a staple. I think she's straight up the most commonly used assist. Her attack is just too good: it comes out extremely quickly, has sick reach, and high damage. She seems has top tier Health contribution on top of that, what more could you ask for? Other staple assists are Xandred (super fast weird blocking defensive shout thing??) and OG Zack (slow rear end high damage breaker, some characters don't have good breakers)

Leaders (playable Rangers)

Tommy - owns. combo guy, huge damage. His moves leave him vulnerable tho, good Tommy play requires focus, execution, and matchup knowledge

New Movie Billy - no idea, never played him, jank premium hero (Epic rarity) for snowflake whales. I ran into him once, learned his moves rq and destroyed him

New Movie Kimberly - fast, mobile attacker. Small combos for huge damage. high execution requirement, Rare rarity makes upgrading annoyingly slow

New Movie Jason - the guy. the starter guy. imo he sucks, his only breaker is a loving football

New Movie Trini - haven't played but imo she sucks too, wtf breaker is that

New Movie Zack - loving finally. this guy is a STAPLE playable guy. Feel free to main Zack he is real drat good, and common

Goldar - slow rear end potemkin motherfucker you have to whale the gently caress out to get him to a level where he doesn't get schooled so I can't assess rly but I lose to the super whale ones? but i can beat them too

OG Billy - kind of a staple defense guy, still run into him in T3. Some of you nerds might like this playstyle but imo Kat is better

Zeo Pink aka "Kat" - Kat is pretty drat good for a common. She's a ranged control hero. Not sure if she's long term viable but you can main her like Zack or (ugh) Billy. Don't main Billy.

Danny - omfg gently caress this, gently caress wild force. gently caress Danny. This guy is a random nightmare. Maybe I just suck but this is the only guy I get mad at

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 24, 2017

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Think i found the right one, applied as Roid.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Phyresis posted:

I'm the Mentor and it has like 5/30 people in it and we have like maybe 3000 MMR together

the guild # is 58f880a7 but that data is on the same main guild info window as the guild's roster so you'll see my name there anyway

it's buggy as poo poo right now (like the rest of the game) but if you post in here i'll try to add you. don't worry if it rejects your application it's been doing that. i have to manually fix it in those cases. v buggy

I requested to join, name is Windborn.

I'm kicking rear end as the Green Ranger but recently got a box with a poo poo ton of a Wild Force Black Ranger lead and some monster looking Common. Going to have to try them out.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Roid666 posted:

Think i found the right one, applied as Roid.

New Leaf posted:

I requested to join, name is Windborn.

I'm kicking rear end as the Green Ranger but recently got a box with a poo poo ton of a Wild Force Black Ranger lead and some monster looking Common. Going to have to try them out.

added you two.

My 12 hour box finally finished unlocking and it was worth it

and a ton of movie zack shards

KING OV HELL
Apr 2, 2014
Applied as Jlaw666 morph with me

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

super mario run refuses to work in airplane mode or if im connected to my vpn. glad i didn't spend the 10bux before checking lolllll

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Phyresis posted:

App'd as Coffeeamin.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

super mario run refuses to work in airplane mode or if im connected to my vpn. glad i didn't spend the 10bux before checking lolllll

Dirty Android Pirates

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
You guys convinced me to give Power Rangers a shot. In as mrkillboy.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Power Rangers is fun but I guess I gotta wait for these dumb boxes to open. I'll sign up for the guild as lonegoat once I hit level 2.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Duggler posted:

Dirty Android Pirates

It was internet only for iOS too because

I got nothin'

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
In for super sentai Rangers as Rafza

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Len posted:

It was internet only for iOS too because

I got nothin'

because nintendo. i really​ like the game, but it drives me nuts that it always seems like they are incompetent with technology that is outside of their traditional strengths of "non-networked game console of the 1980s and 90s"

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I finished the last quest in Egg Inc, to get 250 trillion Dilithium eggs. Spent A TON of golden eggs to warp and get 10m edible eggs. There's no way I'm going to bother trying to get 50m, it would take months of playing either through a ton of prestige or just letting money build up. I think I've reached my limit.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I finished the last quest in Egg Inc, to get 250 trillion Dilithium eggs. Spent A TON of golden eggs to warp and get 10m edible eggs. There's no way I'm going to bother trying to get 50m, it would take months of playing either through a ton of prestige or just letting money build up. I think I've reached my limit.

The first couple of 10mil trophies are actually pretty cool to do since they force you to make choices instead of maxing every upgrade blindly. Actual gameplay!

The 50mil and 250mil edible are clearly meant for whales and can/should be ignored.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'd pay a buck or two for more treasure chest slots in Power Rangers. I'm not using currency to open the base level chests, so it's like training you to take a break..

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Wow this Power Rangers game is way better than it has any right to be. I'll be joining as CascadeBeta.

Edit: How do you join the guild? I can't even find it in the search.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 25, 2017

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

In on this sick PR game. Username same as here.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

because nintendo. i really​ like the game, but it drives me nuts that it always seems like they are incompetent with technology that is outside of their traditional strengths of "non-networked game console of the 1980s and 90s"

Let's be fair here. Nintendo does not hold a monopoly on stupid decisions when it comes to a lot of things, mobile practices included.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Nintendo is just ultra conservative.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

EzEight posted:

Nintendo is just ultra conservative.

Yeah, if there's anything I know about Nintendo it's that they always go for the safest and least off-the-wall options when they make things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
799 points, tommy/movie Rita/gen 1 trini does work