Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Well, there's more tectonic activity down south so technically the south will physically rise at some point in the future CHECKMATE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Now that Jontron is bad, who should subscribe to on YouTube? My friends have made several suggestions but all those suggestions are just balding white dudes talking to me about Dark souls for the umpteenth time while failing to cope with the fact they are in their 30s.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tonetta posted:

I genuinely believe that anybody who has a confederate flag and has ever unironically said "the south will rise again" deserves the fate of minimum wage slave labor, at best.

Done. Now what?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Replace the workforce wuth robots and give everybody base pay

E: except the south will rise again bitch boys, who should be forever stuck selling shoes or similarly non perishable products

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I haven't seen a whole drat thread have a meltdown like this for a while. Like, really guys, its just some youtube has-been saying dumb poo poo.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Skeleton King posted:

I haven't seen a whole drat thread have a meltdown like this for a while. Like, really guys, its just some youtube has-been saying dumb poo poo.

it's just hysterical social justice fighters

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

no. you're sympathizing with a literal nazi. stop trying to normalize that kind of behavior. fascism is bad, dude.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Dean of Swing posted:

Now that Jontron is bad, who should subscribe to on YouTube? My friends have made several suggestions but all those suggestions are just balding white dudes talking to me about Dark souls for the umpteenth time while failing to cope with the fact they are in their 30s.

https://youtu.be/uZGFTmK6Yk4

I can't 100% confirm this guy isn't a nazi too though

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

nigga crab pollock posted:

no. you're sympathizing with a literal nazi. stop trying to normalize that kind of behavior. fascism is bad, dude.

Who? Jontron? If your talking about stupid loving jontron being a nazi, then I can't take you seriously. You must be trolling or something.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wait, is it good or bad that someone loses their job for publicly sharing their abhorrent personal beliefs?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
jontron is kind of cute

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Come on Jontron isn't a nazi, he just wants to be a nazi. Totally different.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Putty posted:

jontron is kind of cute

so r u bb :blush:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dean of Swing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQDw1hlU99E

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Wait, is it good or bad that someone loses their job for publicly sharing their abhorrent personal beliefs?

What jontron does isn't really a job.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

yea gently caress that guy lol.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

He makes videos and earns money doing so. How isn't it a job?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Andrast posted:

It's not breaking rocks and forging iron ingots like The Skeleton King does for a living.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

spagetti paunch

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Andrast posted:

Just because you wish you too could get paid for paying video games doesn't mean others have to dignify it as a career.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
he's making like $40k a month so imo really we should be poo poo talking the state of the US economy in which people who contribute pretty much nothing pull in that much cash while people who work 40+ hours and bust their rear end still can't make ends meet

'cuz he pretty much makes more in a couple years than what the rest of working class America makes in a lifetime. Career schmeer.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

steinrokkan posted:

Just because you wish you too could get paid for paying video games doesn't mean others have to dignify it as a career.

I made a decent sum playing competitive games, and when you have to compete with people who play that poo poo literally 18 hours a day every day, it becomes a job.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
whens the last time jontron played a game lmao

Moridin920 posted:

he's making like $40k a month so imo really we should be poo poo talking the state of the US economy in which people who contribute pretty much nothing pull in that much cash while people who work 40+ hours and bust their rear end still can't make ends meet

'cuz he pretty much makes more in a couple years than what the rest of working class America makes in a lifetime. Career schmeer.

i think shmucks like Daniel Tosh deserve this criticism much much more

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

Andrast posted:

Come on Jontron isn't a nazi, he just wants to be a nazi. Totally different.

Nazi and Fascist are such and overworked terms that their basically meaningless outside of "them people be bad".

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Where did the sea lions go, George

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

here's one

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Instead of using nazi, we can use racist so nerds don't poo poo themselves over definition arguments

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Moridin920 posted:

Empty quoting moridin? What's happening with the world

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tired Moritz posted:

Instead of using nazi, we can use racist so nerds don't poo poo themselves over definition arguments

Lol if you think that won't happen anyway.

Hey I don't treat black people any differently I just think there's something about them that makes them inherently more prone to criminal behaviour. I'm not a racist.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tonetta posted:

I made a decent sum playing competitive games, and when you have to compete with people who play that poo poo literally 18 hours a day every day, it becomes a job.

everything is so much clearer now.

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

Fututor Magnus posted:

it's just hysterical social justice fighters

Sadly this is becoming most of gbs threads lately.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dean of Swing posted:

well then my stream has nothing to offer u

dick

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Goon #1: the videogame youtube man spouting on about how black people are genetically predisposed to crime is really bad

Goon #2: ugh just more hysterical social justice fighters

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Dr Cheeto posted:

Goon #1: the videogame youtube man spouting on about how black people are genetically predisposed to crime is really bad

Goon #2: ugh just more hysterical social justice fighters

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Holy fuckin Moses how does this thread have 46 pages? Who cares what some dumb idiot thinks? why do people watch other people play video games?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
This thread is bad but it's a good chance to toss in Jon Ronson on the Justine Sacco incident:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAIP6fI0NAI

Gives a good rundown of the facts and he's a funny guy. What happened to her was a bizarre shame.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gay Horney posted:

Holy fuckin Moses how does this thread have 46 pages? Who cares what some dumb idiot thinks? why do people watch other people play video games?

It's basically 46 pages of posts exactly like yours. Thanks for contributing!

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Jontron said racist stuff and is probably a racist. This is bad and I hope he sees the error of his racist ways.

I also think mob justice is bad, and even people who say harmful poo poo should be protected from mob justice. That includes losing your job because of saying a dumb/bad thing.

Well, that's my post!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FisheyStix posted:

Jontron said racist stuff and is probably a racist. This is bad and I hope he sees the error of his racist ways.

I also think mob justice is bad, and even people who say harmful poo poo should be protected from mob justice. That includes losing your job because of saying a dumb/bad thing.

Well, that's my post!

S'good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Landstander posted:

This thread is bad but it's a good chance to toss in Jon Ronson on the Justine Sacco incident:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAIP6fI0NAI

Gives a good rundown of the facts and he's a funny guy. What happened to her was a bizarre shame.

17 minutes to say the internet ruined her life, well out of proportion to the offense she committed?

• Locked thread