Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Next three CBJ games: PHI, BUF, @CAR

Following three CBJ games: @CHI, WSH, @PIT.

Let's...uh...get those points out of the first three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

no he had his own house built in Sewickley years ago

IIRC it's like in the same neighborhood/right across the street from Mario's place though?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
The Sharks picked the right time of season to shift into a different gear, then they went and shifted in the wrong direction.

JawKnee posted:

YESSSS

I was watching that segment and said in the GDT that I couldn't wait for the transcribed version of that

This is worth your time to watch.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 25, 2017

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I am excited about the prospect of bad being done unto Crosby and the Crosby anti-defamation league being cry cry about it as I am a huge nerd and enjoy the delicious irony.

Also, my big dumb team will probably miss the playoffs so I will be free to post bud-light fueled rants with impunity.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Isn't that what you do now?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Whoever ends up in WC2 is going to be so beat up.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it's going to be cool when the sens talk this up into next season and the pens poo poo their pants and call up sestito and he kills someone again

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Stretch Marx posted:

Whoever ends up in WC2 is going to be so beat up.

It's okay, Washington will win the President's Trophy and whoever is the 2nd Wild Card will still take the Caps to 7 games. :v:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Completely off-topic: Lanny McDonald is so loving cool.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Isn't that what you do now?

Oh yes. Absolutely. But I am just in regular season form.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kilza posted:

It's okay, Washington will win the President's Trophy and whoever is the 2nd Wild Card will still take the Caps to 7 games. :v:

It's going to be Chicago and then they'll lose int he playoffs to the Wild and Washington wins it all, because the world is upside down and the Cubs won and Trump won.

Slash chat: Didn't the sens get really mad about a slash on Stone ending a playoff run or something in the last year or two?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

There are only a handful of constants in the universe. The Wild losing to the Hawks in the playoffs is one of them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fans of every team in the west bitch about losing to the Blackhawks in the playoffs.

Then celebrate like they won the cup when they beat them.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Kilza posted:

If it's TB and Stamkos is back, I wouldn't be shocked by an upset.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I kind of want Columbus to win the East and have them face Boston. I think that would be a pretty drat entertaining series. Plus it would give us WSH-PIT again! And NYR-MTL again (gently caress Chris Kreider)! And the battle of Ontario!

The West really doesnt look like its going to have any good match ups. The West sucks this year.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

CBJSprague24 posted:

This is where I was introduced to the glory that is Zach Werenski last year.

The whole team comes out wearing cages and suits of armor to protect themselves from Goon Thug Team.

I never thought I'd live to see the day where the dirty goon hockey team in Pennsylvania wasn't the Flyers.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Completely off-topic: Lanny McDonald is so loving cool.

We know, mennoknight.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Look Around You posted:

IIRC it's like in the same neighborhood/right across the street from Mario's place though?

I don't know, Sewickley isn't exactly big and as far as rich snooty places go it's either there or Fox Chapel

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Slash chat: Didn't the sens get really mad about a slash on Stone ending a playoff run or something in the last year or two?

PK slashed Stone's hand and gave it microfractures.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Does anybody know why Calgary wasn't more patient with Daniel Tkaczuk? I was looking at his profile on hockeydb and he had 11 pts in 19 games as a 21/22 yr old, which seems decent to me. What gives? They traded him for Roman Turek after like 20 reasonably productive games. Weird.

Tkaczuk suffered a couple serious concussions in a short time frame. Took a Shane Doan skate to the temple before bouncing his head off the ice a 2nd time.

“I look back now,” he admits, “and wonder ‘What if I hadn’t hit my head like that?’ Because I was off to a pretty nice start there when I did get my cup of coffee, so to speak. You wake up in L.A., and you just don’t feel right anymore. I was never a big believer in making excuses but it just never was the same after that. The team’s just starting to count on you, you’re starting to feel part of it, then you wake up and can’t even stand up anymore. I remember flying to L.A. after the (Phoenix) game, getting up in the hotel to pee and I couldn’t stand."

“That’s just the nature of concussions. You can’t work harder. You can’t do more physio. Maybe in 20 years, there’ll be something more that can be done. But at the time ...

“So that was it. I never saw the NHL again. A lot of players get two, three chances. But no real doors opened up for me after that.”

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

JawKnee posted:

YESSSS

I was watching that segment and said in the GDT that I couldn't wait for the transcribed version of that

Oh my, where has this been all my life

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The Jared Spurgeon one is still my favorite.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Wonderllama posted:

Oh yes. Absolutely. But I am just in regular season form.

This isn't even his final form

cenotaph posted:

The Jared Spurgeon one is still my favorite.

SHE'S WEBER LEMME TELL YA BOY Yeah that one was pretty drat good but the ending of the newest one took it to a whole new level ACTION ACTION ACTION

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Mar 25, 2017

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Drunk Canuck posted:

We know, mennoknight.

You think a mennonite would pay for two accounts in 2 here???

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

mennoknight posted:

You think a mennonite would pay for two accounts in 2 here???

I mean you're already using electricity so expectations are already out the window.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hot Take from department of player safety

:effort:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Hand Knit posted:

I mean you're already using electricity so expectations are already out the window.

Mennonite are not Amish, or Hutterites. (Nor Quakers)

I mean learn your German cultural minorities.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Mennonites in western Canada are much more chill and modern than the ones in Eastern Canada. The ones in Ontario still drive around in horse buggies.

Jacob trouba ended up replacing buff last night so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. But the jets still only got 18 shots

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Duck Rodgers posted:

Mennonites in western Canada are much more chill and modern than the ones in Eastern Canada. The ones in Ontario still drive around in horse buggies.

Jacob trouba ended up replacing buff last night so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. But the jets still only got 18 shots

It's not necessarily a geographic thing. It's a sect based thing. I have some old order relatives who literally wont use zippers.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The town next to me has a Mennonite private school. It's currently run by an Indian dude. A bunch of girls I played hockey with growing up went there, basically as long as you just say you love Jesus they'd let you in.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

HookShot posted:

The town next to me has a Mennonite private school. It's currently run by an Indian dude. A bunch of girls I played hockey with growing up went there, basically as long as you just say you love Jesus they'd let you in.

Teenage flirting has changed a lot since I was a kid.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Looks like the :siren: Brock Boeser era :siren: is about to begin in Vancouver, as he has reportedly been sighted arriving at the Canucks' hotel in Minnesota this morning and is expected to sign with the team and possiby suit up in today's lineup

edit: update

https://twitter.com/dcmahiban/status/845660741206228993
https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/845662144788119554

:woop:

goldrush fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 25, 2017

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
:rip: Brocks hopes and dreams :smith:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

goldrush posted:

Looks like the :siren: Brock Boeser era :siren: is about to begin in Vancouver, as he has reportedly been sighted arriving at the Canucks' hotel in Minnesota this morning and is expected to sign with the team and possiby suit up in today's lineup

This is the best news the Canucks have had in five years.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

WillieD going to bench Brock for the rest of the season after an offensive zone giveaway

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

nature6pk posted:

WillieD going to bench Brock for the rest of the season after an offensive zone giveaway

Nah he'll score, but then he'll get benched because they have to protect their 3-1 deficit.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Over/under 11 minutes of ice time for Boeser tonight. I'm gonna take the over but just barely

Guaranteed less ice time than Megna

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Why did Boeser's offensive numbers regress so much this season as opposed to last? I remember last year people trying to say he was a better NCAA prospect than Connor

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

A Typical Goon posted:

Why did Boeser's offensive numbers regress so much this season as opposed to last? I remember last year people trying to say he was a better NCAA prospect than Connor

He has a wrist injury afair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

nature6pk posted:

He has a wrist injury afair

Yeah plus UND lost a bunch of talent last summer. Caggiula, Schmaltz and Stecher were 2 through 4 for scoring for them in 2015-16 and they're all playing in the NHL now.

• Locked thread