Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Chaos and VC can also reasonably win an air war considering how good and cost effective Manticores/Vampires are if you want to invest in them.

For Beastmen, I like to bring some Ungor Raiders to pressure any flying jerks so they can't constantly just poke around. Also Centigors absolutely wreck face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
Wouldn't naval stuff fall under the Man O' War license?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
People hate Hitler, which justifies Hitler.

Am I doing this right?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I've never fought a manticore in all my campaigns. Chaos does, however, field an incredible amount of chariots.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Snatch Duster posted:

People hate Hitler, which justifies Hitler.

Am I doing this right?

no

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

jokes posted:

I've never fought a manticore in all my campaigns. Chaos does, however, field an incredible amount of chariots.

Yeah, I've still never fought a manticore or marauder horsemasters. The recent patch has seen the appearance of Aspiring Champions in Chaos armies, though! So that's good.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

vintagepurple posted:

Ultimately this is it, you're allowed to dunk on yourself, not on others. That's why british devs get chuckles when they make not-Britain a savage backwater, but weird looks when they make not-Africa a savage backwater, and so on.

I feel like maybe you non Brits don't get Brit humour

We joke about everyone. It's our way.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

John Charity Spring posted:

Yeah, I've still never fought a manticore or marauder horsemasters. The recent patch has seen the appearance of Aspiring Champions in Chaos armies, though! So that's good.

Aspiring Champions are at least cool units to fight. I don't want to fight horsemasters at all.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

dogstile posted:

ah yes, americans just don't understand the subtle humour of being hella racist

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

dogstile posted:

I'm British and think vintagepurple is hitting the nail on the head there, is this because I don't get British humour? I don't think there's anything wrong with identifying this stuff, it's not like anyone's said gently caress THIS GAME/SETTING over it.

jokes posted:

Aspiring Champions are at least cool units to fight. I don't want to fight horsemasters at all.

Oh god, same. Although at this point I'd possibly prefer them to the chariot spam.

Anyway I've just started another Beastmen campaign for the first time since Morghur was added because I wanted to give him a go. His ability to summon chaos spawn and kill low-health enemy units at the same time is really great, I love using it so much.

John Charity Spring fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 25, 2017

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Am I a feminist yet?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

who's got the best anti-infantry artillery. is it the dwarves, with their flame cannon? is it the empire, with their hellblaster volleygun? no, it's the rapist goatmen who live in the woods and hang around with the cygors

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Please make a separate thread about the problematic (at best) undertones/themes of 40k/WHFB or post in the one of many threads that deal with GW's dumb poo poo here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=234

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 25, 2017

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I keep trying to play the Bretonnia campaign but within 30-35 turns I'm always invaded by 3 full stack Mousillon armies. What's the deal with that?

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

ZearothK posted:

I've been using Minos' Better AI mod (with Vanilla cheats) which makes the AI behave in a much more player-like manner, plus Mogar's Militias which adds units based on what buildings a settlement has to mix up the garrison forces and make settlements harder to take both for the player and AI. It has given a breath of fresh air and made the campaign considerably more challenging for a longer time. Doesn't fix your valid complaints, but might help!

Definitely going to try these out, thank you!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

SERPUS posted:

I keep trying to play the Bretonnia campaign but within 30-35 turns I'm always invaded by 3 full stack Mousillon armies. What's the deal with that?

Vampires can make huge armies of skeletons and zombies like its nothing. Mousillon also seems to like to keep its forces close to each other and their capital so they can reinforce each other. Seems to me like you need to bring some serious hurt to take down Mousillon as their numbers can overwhelm you.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

take the armies out away from their city if possible

chaff's chaff, but chaff backed up with grave guard and black knights is a problem

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I wish Mousillon did that poo poo in my Bretonia game, I was looking forward to fighting them. Instead they got dog piled by an alliance of two Bretonian factions AND a Beastmen horde before turn 30.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
So playing a campaign as the Empire, and currently I'm stacking all my heroes +1 lord that have any bonuses to income in Marienberg. Is this pretty much optimal or should I be spreading them out? To be clear, without bonuses Marienberg province makes the most money.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Constantine XI posted:

So playing a campaign as the Empire, and currently I'm stacking all my heroes +1 lord that have any bonuses to income in Marienberg. Is this pretty much optimal or should I be spreading them out? To be clear, without bonuses Marienberg province makes the most money.

It's nice to have at least a couple heroes doing this at Altdorf too because it can make a ton of money as well, even if it's not quite as many as Marienburg.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

John Charity Spring posted:

It's nice to have at least a couple heroes doing this at Altdorf too because it can make a ton of money as well, even if it's not quite as many as Marienburg.

Thanks for the quick reply. Also, I hadn't considered that Reikland is a 4 region province and the Wasteland is only two, so perhaps I should deploy a few that way.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

ah yes, americans just don't understand the subtle humour of being hella racist

Being casually racist is kind of an european tradition.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
I'm going to derail the thread with a link to the LP I just started:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814687

It's an Isabella campaign that'll have a focus on tutorial/game mechanics stuff.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Constantine XI posted:

Thanks for the quick reply. Also, I hadn't considered that Reikland is a 4 region province and the Wasteland is only two, so perhaps I should deploy a few that way.

The Wasteland should honestly just be walls and +income and a single barracks, since 90% of Norscans will invade through the wastelands. Crossbows and swords and spears will be able to defend against any norscan army if they're behind walls, and usually can defend against 2-3 armies.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

who's got the best anti-infantry artillery. is it the dwarves, with their flame cannon? is it the empire, with their hellblaster volleygun? no, it's the rapist goatmen who live in the woods and hang around with the cygors

Nope, it's the quack Goblins with their guided missiles and machine gun rock lobbers.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
You don't lose the campaign by losing your last settlement, right? Aiming to do a Skarsnik run now, and I don't want to linger in the Grey Mountains for long.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
you don't, but your surviving stack will quickly suffer a ton of attrition and die.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

you don't, but your surviving stack will quickly suffer a ton of attrition and die.

I can deal; between Underway and raiding, I just need to not lose whole units. Can always take a settlement temporarily if need be. Thanks!

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Of all the threads I could have picked to read for 5 minutes before work why did I have to choose this one?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Angry Lobster posted:

Being casually racist is kind of an european tradition.

Lol.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Trujillo posted:

I'm going to derail the thread with a link to the LP I just started:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814687

It's an Isabella campaign that'll have a focus on tutorial/game mechanics stuff.
We have gone from having no Total Warhams LPs to having 2 in the span of 4 days. This is a pleasing development.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Drunk in Space posted:

Wouldn't naval stuff fall under the Man O' War license?

There are naval unit cards/stats in the game files. They seem to have opted not to include naval stuff so far due to time/gameplay reasons. If it were a question of licensing, I imagine they wouldn't have done any work at all on naval units.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yvonmukluk posted:

We have gone from having no Total Warhams LPs to having 2 in the span of 4 days. This is a pleasing development.

We need five more in order to cover all of the faction types, get to it goons.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ZearothK posted:

We need five more in order to cover all of the faction types, get to it goons.

If new LPs keep cropping up at this rate, maybe they should all be consolidated into one megathread, like happened for Crusader Kings II once upon a time.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Someone do a Chaos LP. :v:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

BadOptics posted:

Someone do a Chaos LP. :v:

Ive considered it. My Chaos campaign was really wild and had alot of Valiant Defeat/Heroic Victory screens. At one point I was at war with the Dwarves, Welves, Vampire Counts, Von Carsteins, Empire, and Greenskins all at once. They chased my rear end up and down the map while I burned down everything I could. Eventually I was cornered but it was LP worthy.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

dogstile posted:

Yeah same in Australia. We do racist poo poo and get away with it all the time :cheers:

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

I can only imagine that an ogre with a "handheld" cannon will fire one horribly inaccurate shot, scratch his head about what to do next, then simply throw the whole cannon towards the nearest enemy in frustration before wading into melee.

Basically Blasting Charge Miners done ogre style.

Nah, see, they actually have a crew of completely deaf goblins scampering around/on them to reload and relight the cannon.

edit: http://imgur.com/a/MY7gz

NewMars fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 26, 2017

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

good god I want the Ogres so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

good god I want the Ogres so bad.