Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

For example, Kase-san! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:(

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They should just go ahead and do a non-canon Madoka/Bakemonogatari crossover series.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

there are shows besides madoka that have lesbians

I know but I'm attached to these ones

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

The post two above from yours seems to contradict this.

The show ends singing the praises of traditional magical girl themes. Rebellion ends by corrupting them.

You think you wanted that ending before you saw it? No one wanted that ending. No one even considered the movie could go that way. We all expected some form of dark existential horror, matching the tone and style of the show, but never that it would end on that note after the ending of the show itself. It's one of the most out-of-left-field endings of all time.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Rebellion is crazy amounts of pure awesome and has a lot of catharsis to it, I don't think it's an entirely definitive ending because clearly something is bound to happen afterwards, but it's neat to imagine Madoka waking up and forced to do battle with her best friend that has embraced darkness and maybe there's a series or a movie that can flesh that out.

It's possible they could, but it's not something that they should put out just to push the franchise forward. I think Madoka could be left right where it is and still be a solid conclusion, though perhaps not a satisfying one.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Aurora posted:

I know but I'm attached to these ones

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

get attached to the symphogear lesbians

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

Aren't there supposed to be two more seasons of that?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

I'm already like 5 steps ahead on that one. At least it has two more confirmed seasons!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Guy Goodbody posted:

Aren't there supposed to be two more seasons of that?

Yeah it's been confirmed.

It'll be coming.

Any day now.

:(

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

Gonna be honest I think the Madoka lesbians are cuter+cooler

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I didn't know Rei Hiroe was working on Re:Creators, gunna have to check that out.

I'm glad the guy found something else to do, he clearly ran out of steam on Black Lagoon.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Aurora posted:

I'm already like 5 steps ahead on that one. At least it has two more confirmed seasons!

Man, I should really get around to finishing season 2. Bring on the Engrish.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Erg posted:

You're wrong, but you have a right to your own opinion.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Erg posted:

I sigh as I draw my Hanzo steel.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Short trailer for the Kase-san short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaG4S7fh_JI

Bonus author's reaction:

https://twitter.com/hiromi_gko/status/845527450662592512

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

either way, considering how much shaft is still pimping madoka at every oppurtunity, I really doubt they're the ones that are a barrier to more Madoka. Urobuchi has lots of other plates in the air right now so it's easy to imagine he doesn't have time to write more madoka or doesn't have much interest in it at the moment.

on the other hand, shaft isn't kyoani. their past decade in animation has been almost entirely aniplex projects, and their biggest franchises are all produced by Iwakami which is why Madogatari even exists as a collaboration and keeps the meguca in the public eye.

the only brainchild Shinbo has to pimp is Prism Nana and it took him three years to bring it from pachislot to one OAV a year that no one even sees outside of select screenings.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Aurora posted:

I'm okay with more Madoka if it means more lesbians

here you go

Guy Goodbody posted:

They should just go ahead and do a non-canon Madoka/Bakemonogatari crossover series.

here you go

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the mobage girls are cute. maybe it'll be semi popular and people will translate the scenarios

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Davincie posted:

here you go

I don't know what this is

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I think it's some sort of Mobage where it's basically "what if the Madokas were JRPG archetypes."

I would totally loving watch that show, by the way, even if it wouldn't be nearly as good as Madoka. I would definitely be down to see Sayaka get to be a chivalrous lady knight who doesn't have her youthful optimism chewed up and spat out by a manipulative and uncaring machine.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Some promotional materials for the mobage which they seem to have put actual effort in

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5b9jll
(PV)

quote:

Here is the some of the dialogue translated from the trailer:

Madoka “Will you fight with me?”

Homura “When Magical Girls collide, a new chapter unravels.

Magical girls are being drawn to this city

This is a place that we can continue on the way we are

and because we are magical girls, we are able to draw new powers.

Two magical girls path’s are about to cross… One more wish is granted…”

Madoka “This city is strange… but I won’t forget the sacrifice Homura made!”

Iroha “Wait for me, Ui, I will fight until I find you. You’re my precious little sister after all.”

character designs by ume aoki so that might mean trailer was put together by shaft itself, would be cool if the game has anime cut scenes in places

official comic

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What if instead of becoming magical girls, the Madoka girls had played a magical girl themed fantasy MMO, and then got stuck inside the game?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

What if instead of becoming magical girls, the Madoka girls had played a magical girl themed fantasy MMO, and then got stuck inside the game?

magical girl raising project was pretty decent yeah

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sounds like Magical Girl Raising Project (especially the second arc).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think you're looking for some Nep, friend.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, the main character of the Madoka Isekai is Sayaka's boyfriend, it's a harem anime

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

also, the main character of the Madoka Isekai is Sayaka's boyfriend, it's a harem anime

Fuckin' blasphemy

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is illegal

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy Goodbody posted:

:shepicide:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm Stuck In A Magical Girl RPG And Witches Are The Least Of My Worries!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So Rakugo S2 finished and you know what, that show is pretty, pretty, pretty good. Yeah.

E: Probably better said in the Winter thread instead but oh well~

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 26, 2017

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san is getting adapted as a short series this summer. :toot:
https://myanimelist.net/news/50079605

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

C.M. Kruger posted:

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san is getting adapted as a short series this summer. :toot:

I am prepared. I am guessing they'll go with mostly still shots and little animation since that seems more fitting.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's gonna be distributed through a mobile app in vertical orientation

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

No idea what to expect but I'm in.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

C.M. Kruger posted:

Is that by the slutty elf guy? He doesn't have a very big range, does he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JtADjU4UH4

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is that by the slutty elf guy? He doesn't have a very big range, does he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JtADjU4UH4

Does he need a big range?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

There's a specific level of lovely that this better cultivate. I will be disappointed if it's too well-done

• Locked thread