Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stars rule, sharks drool.

Incidentally, are there any Los Tiburones jerseys floating around out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Extremely :effort: GDT is up

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Dzingel and Wingels are finally linemates, and it had better be Bob Cole announcing tonight

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

JoelJoel posted:

Stars rule, sharks drool.

This is false fyi. Stars are pretty cool tho.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Dirty Burger posted:

Dzingel and Wingels are finally linemates, and it had better be Bob Cole announcing tonight

Is this a duo battle or just 1 Pokemon at a time?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bob is 9-0-2 in his last 11 games, with SV% and GAAs at roughly .970 and 1.00.

Vezina? Hart?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Bob is 9-0-2 in his last 11 games, with SV% and GAAs at roughly .970 and 1.00.

Vezina? Hart?
Front runner for the Vezina, not winning the Hart.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
god drat I missed Boeser and Boucher, how was the game? Are the kids alright?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/THWMark/status/845738434736111617

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

2nd highest PDO in the league - they might be good but I think we're going to see a lot of head-scratching from the old school analysts next season.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

:lol: Willie D. giving Chapt 19 minutes of ice time, Boucher < 12, Sbisa leads the D-men for TOI

gently caress you Desjardins

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
There is no way in hell a goalie wins the Hart trophy against the seasons being had by the likes of McDavid, Crosby, Burns, etc

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

JawKnee posted:

:lol: Willie D. giving Chapt 19 minutes of ice time, Boucher < 12, Sbisa leads the D-men for TOI

Isn't that just normal Sedin-line minutes + PK? I'm not okay with it but better him than Megna.

I really, really, really like that someone made Willie play Boeser. No way he made that decision himself. Maybe they promised to let him go quietly in the off season if he just iced some young'uns a bit more. Or maybe they'll hire him as skate sharpener when his contract runs out

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
I haven't had time to watch games recently but wow the Sharks are bad

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

There is no way in hell a goalie wins the Hart trophy against the seasons being had by the likes of McDavid, Crosby, Burns, etc
I don't think a goalie's going to win but excellent chance that no one breaks 100 pts and very good chance no forward except McDavid hits 90, no forward hits 50, etc., and that's usually the kind of thing that helps a non-forward win. I also think Burns for Hart is dead given both him and the Sharks cooling off.

I'd be pretty surprised if McDavid doesn't win it.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

JawKnee posted:

Desjardin's been pretty consistent with giving younger players low ice time at the beginning and slowly ramping it up so nothing really surprising, there. Boucher at least got second unit PP time today so that's a positive. Boucher and Boeser looked fine, Goldobin looked a little lost positionally.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
It would be extremely funny if Minnesota bombs out and ends up losing home ice in the first round.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
ha ha Rask is out tonight so the Bruins are definitely going to lose, and probably miss the playoffs again this year

Also, regarding Hart Chat: barring a huge surge by Marchand, Kane, or Burns - it'll go to Crosby or McDavid. There are some other top 10 scoring guys who I don't think will get votes for stupid reasons (Backstrom, Kucherov, and Scheifele) so I'm not even going to count them. I don't think Bobrovsky will get it even though he's having a really good year. He's probably got the Vezina locked up though.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 25, 2017

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Huggybear posted:

Isn't that just normal Sedin-line minutes + PK? I'm not okay with it but better him than Megna.

The lowest of bars. Chaput should not be with the twins.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

JawKnee posted:

The lowest of bars. Chaput should not be with the twins.

The twins have been absolutely loving horrid for the past two months regardless of the winger they're paired with.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

McDavid has more assists so he should win the Hart because that makes him a better team player.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Crosby has hacked the fingertips off of more opposing players so he should win the Hart because that makes his team's opponents worse.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

grack posted:

The twins have been absolutely loving horrid for the past two months regardless of the winger they're paired with.

Their wingers the past two months, and most of the season have, almost exclusively, been horrid with them. I can understand them not giving a poo poo when it seems Willie is content to have no loving clue.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

McDavid has more assists so he should win the Hart because that makes him a better team player.

It's kinda ironic that Crosby is gonna lose the Art Ross due to Mcdavid racking up a ton of secondaries which is the same thing I remember Ovechkin fans being irritated about with Crosby years ago

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Frederik Andersen is injured, meaning the Leafs starting goaltender is now Curtis McElhinney, and also that they will miss the playoffs

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

It's kinda ironic that Crosby is gonna lose the Art Ross due to Mcdavid racking up a ton of secondaries which is the same thing I remember Ovechkin fans being irritated about with Crosby years ago
He hasn't really racked up secondary assists. He has 38 Primary Assists to 23 Secondary, which is a healthy ratio. He's first in primary assists and 5th in secondary assists.

But yeah, secondary assists has always been a dumb argument.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Spring Break My Heart posted:

He hasn't really racked up secondary assists. He has 38 Primary Assists to 23 Secondary, which is a healthy ratio. He's first in primary assists and 5th in secondary assists.

But yeah, secondary assists has always been a dumb argument.

Yeah and I think Sid was consistently #1 in primary assists too but all people ever bitched about was the secondaries. Thing is when you get a ton of assists because you own you tend to get a lot of both kinds.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Infidel Castro posted:

I never thought I'd live to see the day where the dirty goon hockey team in Pennsylvania wasn't the Flyers.

Good news, you haven't

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

grack posted:

Yeah, the press is seemingly ignoring this, although you could argue that they've deserved it...but as I mentioned before, they get paid $7mil to play hockey, not to mope around on the ice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah and I think Sid was consistently #1 in primary assists too but all people ever bitched about was the secondaries. Thing is when you get a ton of assists because you own you tend to get a lot of both kinds.

Unless you're Karlsson who is bad and garbage.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Cats good

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

RC Cola posted:

Cats good

(and cool)

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

RC Cola posted:

Cats good

Marchy was a steal.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Two refs, one cup missed call:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HMvcUPNkGY

Both refs appeared to be looking at the first one, too. :psyduck:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

First one is technically a crosscheck, and when's the last time you saw a crosscheck called?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

So postgame Mike Babcock says that it was the Sabres team doctor that requested Andersen be pulled, presumably due to concussion protocol. The Leafs team doctor didn't travel with them on this trip, which seems incredibly stupid, and so the Leafs couldn't give Andersen his baseline test and he had to stay out.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Koopa Kid posted:

Frederik Andersen is injured, meaning the Leafs starting goaltender is now Curtis McElhinney, and also that they will miss the playoffs

:suicide:

Koopa Kid posted:

So postgame Mike Babcock says that it was the Sabres team doctor that requested Andersen be pulled, presumably due to concussion protocol. The Leafs team doctor didn't travel with them on this trip, which seems incredibly stupid, and so the Leafs couldn't give Andersen his baseline test and he had to stay out.

That seems kinda sketchy, I mean I'd hope someone isn't loving around with concussion protocol for on-ice reasons but agree it's real dumb of the leafs not to have their own guy there to check it out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

With all those vanity positions with the team there's just no space for unessential things like doctors.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Aphrodite posted:

With all those vanity positions with the team there's just no space for unessential things like doctors.

Somebody post that convoluted Oilers org chart again that thing was amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

stab posted:

Somebody post that convoluted Oilers org chart again that thing was amazing

• Locked thread