Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

BrianBoitano posted:

It's Russian so I think the cat is just drunk

The cat was planning on making hooch out of the bread. Like...bread vodka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
I once had a cat that did that with bread. He didn't hate bread, he loved biting and tearing through the plastic bag the bread was in. The bread just gave it shape, and something fun to tear out.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salad posted:

That guy who hooked up a hose to his car exhaust seemed to have his poo poo together.

I was gonna say, as long as you're not doing it in an enclosed space it seems like a decent trick to know for people who live up north.

RyokoTK posted:

The guy describing people's lungs bursting while trying to blow up those water bottles :stonk:

When I was in elementary school in Texas we had this group of Christian Gladiator-type group come through town and one of them did this in our gym. I realize now what a perversion of church/state that is, but back in the 80s we were all like 'no math class today? gently caress yeah let me watch this dude run through a stack of 2x4s :downs: '

I found them, The Power Team. They were actually based out of Dallas which doesn't surprise me. Vice wrote an article about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnLcby1Rc_o

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Mar 25, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Panfilo posted:

Cat cherish bread like woman cherish potato. Such is life.

my childhood cat cherish cucumber

took me 4 years to realize, save up all the Cs. now its awesome

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

This is the first time I've seen the reaction of NPC drivers in GTA games in real life. Fuckers always panic and floor it if you so much as fart on their cars.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

This is absolutely incredible.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

good, gently caress that guy

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming Russian insurance scam attempt, but this seems like a lot of quality panning and zooming for a random security camera to have caught all this. Otherwise, why was someone filming an intersection before anything happened?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Maybe the camera operator was paying attention because the guy had been jumping on cars previously as well

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Probably a hilarious prank gone wrong.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
There's a longer video of it out there somewhere. Almost certain it's a British drunken road rage incident.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

theres a will theres moe posted:

Maybe the camera operator was paying attention because the guy had been jumping on cars previously as well

ya

idk about the guy being killed to death but the whole thing is brit sureillance

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Brett Ratner blames Rotten Tomatoes for the destruction of Hollywood

quote:

Now it’s about, ‘What’s your Rotten Tomatoes score?’ And that’s sad, because the Rotten Tomatoes score was so low on Batman v Superman I think it put a cloud over a movie that was incredibly successful.

:qq:

Zesty has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Mar 25, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

oh man hollywood actually being destroyed in real life? would be so fantastic 6 awesome and brilliant and worth gold and nice''

ps no bias, taking walks is nice

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Acclaimed director of X-Men: The Last Stand posted:

It’s just insane, it’s hurting the business, it’s getting people to not see a movie.

They're getting people to not see a movie that a large number of critics reviewed negatively? Oh, word?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Movies suck now in my old age. If it isn't part of Netflix's 8 bucks I give them a month, I can find something better to do. Sorry your dumb money grabbing constant-reboots are poo poo.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rolo posted:

Movies suck now in my old age. If it isn't part of Netflix's 8 bucks I give them a month, I can find something better to do. Sorry your dumb money grabbing constant-reboots are poo poo.

pro tip for watching boring movies while super old: get in a fight or take drugs idk

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Powaqoatse posted:

pro tip for watching boring movies while super old: get in a fight or take drugs idk

When I lived in New Orleans they had bars/Daiquiri stands in the lobby. I loved to go see lovely movies and get tanked.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

When I lived in New Orleans they had bars/Daiquiri stands in the lobby. I loved to go see lovely movies and get tanked.

gently caress yeah

we used to get lovely shots & split them into coke bottles and then just get blasted while watching like scary movie 3 or some bullshit

fun as hell

stdh.txt except it did: i was tapped out on like hospital alcohol, watching master & commander with some friends. started an applause when the guy surgeries himself. whole cinema was into it, i was popular for like 86 seconds or something

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 23:09 on Mar 25, 2017

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Powaqoatse posted:

gently caress yeah

we used to get lovely shots & split them into coke bottles and then just get blasted while watching like scary movie 3 or some bullshit

fun as hell

stdh.txt except it did: i was tapped out on like hospital alcohol, watching master & commander with some friends. started an applause when the guy surgeries himself. whole cinema was into it, i was popular for like 86 seconds or something

Hospital alcohol? Like sanitizer stuff?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

mng posted:

Hospital alcohol? Like sanitizer stuff?

Hospitals will administer alcohol to alcoholics going into withdrawal or people who have imbibed antifreeze, because it will literally save lives.

Or it could be sanitizer, which is a toxic form of alcohol.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

no yeah like distilled but without the denaturization stuff in it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

no taste no poison, just you can feel your lips & gums dissolve

trick is to put a lot of crap in it

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Powaqoatse posted:

no yeah like distilled but without the denaturization stuff in it

Holy heck, well I'm glad you're still alive lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mng posted:

Holy heck, well I'm glad you're still alive lol

well im not :rimshot: :haw:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rolo posted:

Back before 80" TV screens and cheap plug and play surround sound systems, going to the theater offered an experience that, even if the movie sucked, you couldn't get at home even if you rented/bought a copy. I'd be far more willing to go try out a movie that got mixed or bad reviews because it was still gonna be a unique experience. Now... yeah if Rotten Tomatoes says its bad, I'm gonna need a drat good reason to pay $40 for two seats, a pop, and some popcorn.

Maybe something like this:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im lazy so i just add a "level" if its a genre i like.

like ill prolly much watch any movie that has above 7.5 on imdb, but ill no doubt watch any scifi or heist movie that goes to 6.5

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

If blaming piracy for bad sales of your lovely bad product fails then just blame the mean unfair reviewers.

Totally not your fault that way.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Azathoth posted:

Back before 80" TV screens and cheap plug and play surround sound systems, going to the theater offered an experience that, even if the movie sucked, you couldn't get at home even if you rented/bought a copy. I'd be far more willing to go try out a movie that got mixed or bad reviews because it was still gonna be a unique experience. Now... yeah if Rotten Tomatoes says its bad, I'm gonna need a drat good reason to pay $40 for two seats, a pop, and some popcorn.

In what world can you get two tickets, soda and popcorn for two people for 40 bux?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Foxhound posted:

In what world can you get two tickets, soda and popcorn for two people for 40 bux?

sounds reasonable. they're probably not getting 2 popcorns, just 1 big one for both.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

They're getting people to not see a movie that a large number of critics reviewed negatively? Oh, word?

Yeah Batman Vs Superman was loving bad, just like Man of Steel was a piece of poo poo. That's what's losing money. poo poo movies.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Foxhound posted:

its crazy what theyre asking these days. back when i was growing up i used to get two cokes and a popcorn for a dollar and certain types of people couldnt vote. i just want to know what the governor is doing about it

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

VanSandman posted:

Hospitals will administer alcohol to alcoholics going into withdrawal or people who have imbibed antifreeze, because it will literally save lives.

Or it could be sanitizer, which is a toxic form of alcohol.

See, there are two types of alcohol you want to know about.

Ethanol - the fun type of alcohol that gets you drunk and typically isn't that fatal.
Methanol - the added M at the front means it'll kill you dead as gently caress, even if it smells like its more fun brother, ethanol.

As little as 10 ml will make you go blind, 15 can kill you - and guess what, that poo poo is in washer fluid, antifreeze, badly made booze (the ole bathtub gin) and in all sorts of industrial processes.

Good news though, if you apply ethanol in measured doses, the ethanol does such a good job tying up your body's metabolic processes that there is no chance for the methanol to get processed and you just just piss it out more or less harmlessly.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Roobanguy posted:

sounds reasonable. they're probably not getting 2 popcorns, just 1 big one for both.
Yeah, this is what I meant.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I just pay like 12 bucks for a ticket and don't buy 20 dollars in lovely junk food to eat during it

i recommend it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Azathoth posted:

Going to a theater for the a/c was a thing.

And lol if you're too young too have gone to Legend of the Drunken Master with a tall can.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Pouring booze from a flask into your big gulp of sugar water is a time honoured tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's Pat Robertson from a few days ago bragging about how much he's going to celebrate when Trumpcare goes through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDr9EItgZCA