Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I was just going off some quick wiki/google for the list of characters.

I could definitely be wrong of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I'm not so far into Horizon but the potions surprised me. I guess they're for grabbing in combat off of enemies in scripted combat situations like the first human fight near the beginning? I dunno how often those happen in the rest of the game.

I'm just guessing here, but I'd bet the potions were added in later after people were having too much trouble managing the medicine pouch, because it feels really tacked on. You can craft and buy them though. Which pretty much breaks the whole health system.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Even using the remote play application on a PC that's on the same local network as my PS4 introduces hilarious video compression artifacts and noticeable input delay, so if PS Now is even worse than that then lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Instant Grat posted:

Even using the remote play application on a PC that's on the same local network as my PS4 introduces hilarious video compression artifacts and noticeable input delay, so if PS Now is even worse than that then lmao

Its sometimes better than remote play lol

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Instant Grat posted:

Stop using wireless or fix your poo poo. I use Remote Play on my PC on the same network all the time. Artifacts are extremely rare and the latency is very low.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did they ever get remote play to work well when you are on a different network or is it still pretty much unusable?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Obsurveyor posted:

Stop using wireless or fix your poo poo. I use Remote Play on my PC on the same network all the time. Artifacts are extremely rare and the latency is very low.

Wired PS4 and wired PC my dude

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I used remote play on my vita 1500 miles away from my PS4 on multiple occasions and it worked fine :shrug:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It works fine but the latency is really noticeable.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Did they ever get remote play to work well when you are on a different network or is it still pretty much unusable?

Destiny is playable from a few states away but you wouldn't want to raid or do serious PVP because of the latency and higher requirements of gameplay. Perfectly fine for just running around doing random stuff though. Resogun and Super Stardust Ultra weren't a problem at all.

Instant Grat posted:

Wired PS4 and wired PC my dude

All of my Horizon play so far as been via Remote Play on my local network and it's never been an issue. Haven't seen any artifacts and input latency isn't affecting anything I notice. About the worst thing is that I only have a regular PS4 so I can't stream 1080p and full screen 720p on a 1920x1200 monitor is pretty bad, so I usually play it windowed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I honestly haven't tried it in years since the PS4 came out, but back then I couldn't get remote play to work for poo poo unless I was on the same network. On Vita at least.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Andrast posted:

It works fine but the latency is really noticeable.

Oh yeah, with a shooter especially. Didn't stop me from doing strikes back when I was in the throes of a Destiny addiction though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

veni veni veni posted:

I'm just guessing here, but I'd bet the potions were added in later after people were having too much trouble managing the medicine pouch, because it feels really tacked on. You can craft and buy them though. Which pretty much breaks the whole health system.

It feels like the medicine pouch was at one point supposed to be the regenerating health mechanic for Horizon, but at some point it was decided that the game was too easy unless enemies had a chance at one-shotting you, so then potions were invented. Once you get enough shards it's actually quite trivial to just keep buying full health potions, which ends up being way more cost-efficient than wasting precious meat crafting them for yourself or even buying partial health potions. I guess if I were to do it over I'd eliminate health potions altogether and make the medicine pouch the only healing mechanic, which refills every time you visit a campfire.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I honestly haven't tried it in years since the PS4 came out, but back then I couldn't get remote play to work for poo poo unless I was on the same network. On Vita at least.

Oh yeah, for sure. Latency is way worse on the Vita and even a wired Vita TV for some reason. Destiny was definitely unplayable on those on a remote network for me(never tried them on my local network).

bloodychill posted:

Oh yeah, with a shooter especially. Didn't stop me from doing strikes back when I was in the throes of a Destiny addiction though.

:hf: Same, glad I'm done with it. Not too interested in 2 either.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Was gonna wait until the the first time I saw either Horizon or Nier on sale, but looked at my shelf and realized I hadn't touched BF1 or TF2 in like two weeks and saw they had pretty decent trade-in value considering I bought them both at almost half-off around Black Friday and felt like I'd enjoyed them enough already, so wound up taking those and a few others in and getting Horizon.

Just got through the linear tutorial part and received my first quests on an open map and it seems great but, we're still doing audio logs? I'll accept the blame for forcing myself to play every one even when I know I don't like them but those things never sound like anything a human would actually say into a recorder for any reason.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
You got Horizon over NieR? You done hosed up, bro.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Mordiceius posted:

Nah.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I disappointed that you got a good game over the other good game

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Horizon's audio logs are all great.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there's no wrong choice between nier and horizon. getting the one that interests you more first is just being smart

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Horizon audio logs get a little infodumpy in places but you'll soon discover there's very valid reasons why they're all found scattered around the ruins in this area of the world.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im four missions from the end of horizon. Its good. Not the type to do a ton of checklist poo poo in open world games though but i got through all the side missions i found

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah, he screwed up getting the best PS4 exclusive since UC4.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Browsing old screenshots

Second Son really holds up

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 25, 2017

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think NieR and HZD are both great but I think it's better to play NieR first as multiple people have mentioned having a harder time getting into NieR when playing it after HZD.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I just started with Horizon today after finishing the main story in Yakuza 0 (i'll probably go back to do extra stuff later in the yerar).

Was a little bit worried with the tutorial bit where you play as a hosed-up-looking-midget-child but then i got to the actual game but and i'm really loving impressed. The level of polish and all of the QoL stuff is amazing for the devs first open world game and it is gourgeous to boot.

One small thing i love about it: there's usually something about the controls of every open world game i play that i end up hating within a few minutes of starting it. A stupid binding of two actions to one button, "stickiness" in climbing controls, etc. Horizon has none of that so far. It's all very smooth and becomes instinctive really quickly.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 25, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'm going to solve that problem by never getting Neir.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Mordiceius posted:

I think NieR and HZD are both great but I think it's better to play NieR first as multiple people have mentioned having a harder time getting into NieR when playing it after HZD.

Sounds like hzd is the better game

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Not really.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

unlawfulsoup posted:

Yeah, he screwed up getting the best PS4 exclusive since UC4.

He didnt get Nioh.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

The way child Aloy looks is unreasonably upsetting to me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fridge corn posted:

Sounds like hzd is the better game

its the more traditional game its not better though

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I bought Nier at release, played for about 6, 7 hours, enjoyed it, shut off my ps4 and haven't touched the console since.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Attitude Indicator posted:

I bought Nier at release, played for about 6, 7 hours, enjoyed it, shut off my ps4 and haven't touched the console since.

Sounds like you just don't like video games.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Seems like they enjoy games more than most.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

NieR sounds cool, but I'll play it when I'm ready.

Nothing more insufferable than videogame peer-pressure concocted by weeb fuckos.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I actually feel like a i project my annoyance onto the actual game sometimes because of how irritating some goons are about Neir.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Sounds like you just don't like video games.

There are people who... like video games?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I actually feel like a i project my annoyance onto the actual game sometimes because of how irritating some goons are about Neir.

You probably should try to not do this. There's people everywhere who are over the top excited about all kinds of media and you might miss out on some cool stuff you'll like that way. Like my little pony!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

veni veni veni posted:

This is not limited to NieR, unfortunately.