Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

short version of refineries: they're cool + good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
And gives me a reason to finally finish my rorqual training. Since I will only have 1 rorq, but can still pull in all my own moongoo for my reactions (hopefully)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

big parcheesi player posted:

And gives me a reason to finally finish my rorqual training. Since I will only have 1 rorq, but can still pull in all my own moongoo for my reactions (hopefully)

Wouldn't hold your breath on this one; it's likely that they'll retain the same moon mineral map. (Read: regional R8s and R32s.)

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

I'm currently mining most of the R16s that I need. So I'd at least do that. And I'm waiting to see what the policy will become for the R64 goo that I am currently buying from the alliance.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

big parcheesi player posted:

I'm currently mining most of the R16s that I need. So I'd at least do that. And I'm waiting to see what the policy will become for the R64 goo that I am currently buying from the alliance.

I'm not an authority on anything like that for the alliance, but in general terms, it'd be pretty much impossible for the alliance to capture the moongoo output of the region with it being harvested by individual miners. I can try to run a buyback for it, and make the goo so purchased available for resale, but that would be it. I'll likely have to discontinue the moongoo contracts thing when refineries come out, as buybacks are unreliable sources of materiel at best.

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I'm not an authority on anything like that for the alliance, but in general terms, it'd be pretty much impossible for the alliance to capture the moongoo output of the region with it being harvested by individual miners. I can try to run a buyback for it, and make the goo so purchased available for resale, but that would be it. I'll likely have to discontinue the moongoo contracts thing when refineries come out, as buybacks are unreliable sources of materiel at best.

There will be a thing called "Mining Ledger". Each Refinery structure with an active moon drill will keep track of all the mining done in its associated belt, logging the character, corporation, ore type and amount mined.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
BlackOps Prospect fleets will be coming for the enemy's moon minerals :getin:

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Orange Red Bull posted:

lol drat

thats awfully active

how do the afk moon-holding alliances feel about this

Pretty typical whining. RIP big fleet fights, lowsec will be dead without POS, time zone tanking, citadel are too strong, and variations thereof abound.

I will probably train into at least a Prospect just in case I happen across some juicy moon rocks I can steal though.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

April Fool posted:

There will be a thing called "Mining Ledger". Each Refinery structure with an active moon drill will keep track of all the mining done in its associated belt, logging the character, corporation, ore type and amount mined.

The mining ledger merely lets you know what's already done. Trying to run enforcement on a scheme like "ensuring all the mined material ends up in alliance hands" is a hideous, unfun, unnecessary amount of work.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
mining ledger = taxes, not collect goo from the miners

Also I'm super loving all the TEST guys angry about medium citadel reinforcement, all because they're tired of cleaning up astrahouses in their new space. But it was fiiiiine when they were dropping astrahouse beachheads in Catch to invade it.

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The mining ledger merely lets you know what's already done. Trying to run enforcement on a scheme like "ensuring all the mined material ends up in alliance hands" is a hideous, unfun, unnecessary amount of work.

Yes, no one will do it for nothing.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

April Fool posted:

Yes, no one will do it for nothing.

Sure. So, rather than pay someone to beat their head against the wall, why not use softer forms of control?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

So- you're saying NC. will add it to their rental contract?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

So- you're saying NC. will add it to their rental contract?

That is expecting a bit much ingenuity.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

That is expecting a bit much ingenuity.

Uncle SUAS Buyout program?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The best and most entertaining way to deal with mining is to issue quotas. The entertaining part is the fact you get to cut off hands if they don't meet their quota.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Belgian Congo in space

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Klyith posted:

mining ledger = taxes, not collect goo from the miners

Also I'm super loving all the TEST guys angry about medium citadel reinforcement, all because they're tired of cleaning up astrahouses in their new space. But it was fiiiiine when they were dropping astrahouse beachheads in Catch to invade it.

I haven't heard too much whining from the inside. I'm sure there's some poo poo on Reddit but we've long since stopped trying to get the godawful posters to stop posting. And considering we're the "Reddit Alliance" the number of godawful posters is staggering.

What's more hilarious is the Tri Stratios fleet taking down three carriers and a Mino. FC, smartbombs? :psyduck:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

amazeballs posted:

I haven't heard too much whining from the inside. I'm sure there's some poo poo on Reddit but we've long since stopped trying to get the godawful posters to stop posting. And considering we're the "Reddit Alliance" the number of godawful posters is staggering.

What's more hilarious is the Tri Stratios fleet taking down three carriers and a Mino. FC, smartbombs? :psyduck:

Those probably aren't shield stratios which makes it less funny than you think. An AB/Armor stratios can still push out respectable dps against a carrier sized sig and tank pretty well. Anything not tanked is being picked up by the space priest legions. I'm not shocked they didn't lose anything.

EDIT: if they dump geckos they can nuke a carrier fast, if it smartbombs they just yank the drones kite out a bit and redrop sentries.

Double Edit: Lol neut stratios too with ECM in the mids. SEE SLIM I TOLD YOU.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 24, 2017

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You just take the ledgers at the end of the month and charge a tax based on the results. Did someone ninja your moon goo? Tough poo poo. Guard your stuff better, or write it off as an expense.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ynglaur posted:

You just take the ledgers at the end of the month and charge a tax based on the results. Did someone ninja your moon goo? Tough poo poo. Guard your stuff better, or write it off as an expense.

Yeah but what the other guy seemed to be suggesting was using the ledger to make everyone "turn in" the moongoo, and then I guess pay them a bounty for mining it?

That could be enforced if moongoo was strategically vital to keep in alliance hands. Thankfully it's not and local reaction farmers can just put up local buy orders and the rest can get shipped to Jita. But it does mean that OTEC or something like it will never happen again.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Those probably aren't shield stratios which makes it less funny than you think. An AB/Armor stratios can still push out respectable dps against a carrier sized sig and tank pretty well. Anything not tanked is being picked up by the space priest legions. I'm not shocked they didn't lose anything.

They were fit with ECM to defang the carrier fighters, it was very much a comp designed to counter a JU- style rescue.

Smartbombs would clear the stratios drones though, ending with the two fleets starting at each other with no DPS.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

EDIT: if they dump geckos they can nuke a carrier fast, if it smartbombs they just yank the drones kite out a bit and redrop sentries.

Double Edit: Lol neut stratios too with ECM in the mids. SEE SLIM I TOLD YOU.

post your email or buy premium so I can message you on here

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'm out in catch with a scout and a myrmidon when next door to my drag I'm watching three horde sabres setup a drag bubble. After it anchors they all cloak right on the edge for some reason??? So I just warp in with my myrmidon and start going buck loving wild and to my glee they decide to man the gently caress up. On a myrmidon. 3 sabres decide that when fighting a loving myrmidon the best place to be is point blank.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

amazeballs posted:

It's mostly the FCs that are complaining, because people aren't fleeting up to shoot citadels anymore.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

That's pretty much what will probably happen. If we can be bothered.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Klyith posted:

They were fit with ECM to defang the carrier fighters, it was very much a comp designed to counter a JU- style rescue.

Smartbombs would clear the stratios drones though, ending with the two fleets starting at each other with no DPS.

Nah, they had sentries in case someone got smart.

Reverand maynard posted:

post your email or buy premium so I can message you on here

Just pm me on goonfleetdotcom :v:

grymwulf
Nov 29, 2013

What? Was it something I said?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

That's pretty much what will probably happen. If we can be bothered.

If I am not mistaken, moon goo will be double taxed - first to refine, then to react. Heck there will even be two further levels of tax, assembling the components and building the actual items. 4 opportunities to collect your dane-gold.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

grymwulf posted:

If I am not mistaken, moon goo will be double taxed - first to refine, then to react. Heck there will even be two further levels of tax, assembling the components and building the actual items. 4 opportunities to collect your dane-gold.

If the raw materials aren't exported or they're not melted in an alliance refinery.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Since the moon minerals will need to be refined, I'm betting there will be a high chance that they will add a skill to improve the refine of it, just like the ore/ice. Wishful thinking they wrap it in with some of the other reprocessing skills like scrapmetal reprocessing.

grymwulf
Nov 29, 2013

What? Was it something I said?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

If the raw materials aren't exported or they're not melted in an alliance refinery.

That is where we need to look at the specifics of implementation:

Will raw moon ore be compressible?
Will it even be able to be refined in hisec?
Will the refinery fees be able to be tracked via API and a lower bound imposed by imperial fiat?
Efficiency of null vs low? Bonus for holding sov a la supercap production?
Can we price refining fees in the sweet spot between cheaper to refine locally or cheaper to ship?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Centipedes? In my vagina?

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
I would think the simplest solution is to basically say if you have a refinery on this moon you pay X a month or we explode your poo poo. Let who ever wants to take the effort in getting it sort it out after.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Make GSOL mine it as soon as it spawns :kheldragar:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Zephyrine posted:

:fuckoff:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

:frogout:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Lol this game is going into the shitter it seems

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Syndic Thrass posted:

Lol this game is going into the shitter it seems

why, because of refineries?

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i know, im trying to make that guy be less of a bad poster!

Good luck with that.

I don't try hard enough besides it's time for pizza.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Reverand maynard posted:

counter point: CCP is really good at make dumb decisions that result in them making less money, although usually its by driving paying customers away

Like pushing a patch that hosed up a lot of people's OS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Hollow Talk posted:

"We’re still in the process of determining how much or little we may need to adjust distribution of moon minerals" is also code for "let's see how many people we can make quit because we changed all moon materials around, so I hope you like to redo one of the most mind-numbing things available in the entire game, namely to moon scan every single loving moon everywhere".

:yotj:

NB4 Reddit poo poo-storm when all the good moon-goo ends up in Delve.

• Locked thread