Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Office Pig posted:

"Do you know what state you live in? I could keep this state for two hundred years."

Holy loving poo poo, this man has no shame at all.

this owns a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/Carrasquillo/status/845701865169965058

It's amazing how Donnie's people completely wall him off from press entirely during these golf club vacations and "meetings". Then, magically, later on today some trumper will post a picture of him "meeting" with some golf pro or something.

Edit: HOLY gently caress HOW DID I MISS THIS PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE

https://twitter.com/juliettekayyem/status/845673079611187204

Well still iffy, but I can dream.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 25, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If Flynn sells out trump I will never stop laughing.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
It'd go a long way to redeeming him in my mind.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It'd go a long way to redeeming him in my mind.

I don't know about 'redeem' but it would beat the hell out of pulling an Ollie North.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Lost cause.
Edit: by which I mean any attempt to reason with these people

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Jesus christ why are they involving their kids :cripes:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mike-o posted:

Jesus christ why are they involving their kids :cripes:
Breeding is the only thing they're able to point to as an "accomplishment".

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Know that air strike that killed a bunch of Civvies in Iraq?

It was us.

The strike apparently hit a rather large VBIED that added to the Carnage.

Yeah. They really are incapable of learning from others mistakes aren't they?
loving hell-bent on making them themselves.

https://twitter.com/Khanoisseur/status/845703899247915008

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

He's just creating more jobs guys leave him alone.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
"Meetings"

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/845724579335225345

"Meetings in golf cleats"

https://twitter.com/a_r_marshall/status/845727832504455169

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

So it seems we have a clearer idea why Nunes has been in a scramble to obfuscate and deny:

https://twitter.com/yottapoint/status/845712917764845568

re: Flynn

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/845730532382199815

ded redd fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 25, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Edit: drat just beaten. Took me a while to figure out if the Daily Sabah was actually a real paper and worth posting and it's 100% legit a pro-government Turkey paper.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 25, 2017

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Literally the post before you.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/LAtweetly/status/845739517592027136

I'm not sure what's more amusing: Trump team realizing something serious is happening in the background, or bringing in Rudy Giuliani for damage control.

ded redd fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 25, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rudy doing damage control standing in the ruins of the White House before heading home to gently caress his cousin.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/LAtweetly/status/845739517592027136

I'm not sure what's more amusing: Trump team realizing something serious is happening in the background, or bringing in Rudy Giuliani for damage control.

The Trump team might realize it but Trump probably doesn't.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I despise trump but I do think it's gonna be hard to find the fire that's throwing up this smoke. And that might be by Russian design, or not. But it's loving crazy to me to accept that POTUS is literally a Russian agent.

If that's what the evidence says then that's the truth, but drat it's gonna be hard to prove this unless they were serious morons.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

When the music stops they're going to be short a few chairs.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I despise trump but I do think it's gonna be hard to find the fire that's throwing up this smoke. And that might be by Russian design, or not. But it's loving crazy to me to accept that POTUS is literally a Russian agent.

If that's what the evidence says then that's the truth, but drat it's gonna be hard to prove this unless they were serious morons.

I think Trump is too self absorbed to think anything about his subordinates' Russian connections. It may have been happening right under his nose, but I think he was oblivious. And that may ultimately save him.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

I think Trump is too self absorbed to think anything about his subordinates' Russian connections. It may have been happening right under his nose, but I think he was oblivious. And that may ultimately save him.

And hiring a bunch of Russian agents without knowing they are Russian agents still wouldn't get him impeached probably.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

TBeats posted:

And hiring a bunch of Russian agents without knowing they are Russian agents still wouldn't get him impeached probably.

It doesn't matter. He'll spend the rest of his presidency getting investigated and either have a stroke or be voted out in 2020.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

It may be as "innocent" as, "where is the only place on earth where you can find fellow hard right plutocrats who can competently bring you next-level skullduggery?"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Trump isnt the important one. Whats important is that this taint spreads to as many people as possible and voters take it out on them in mid terms. It doesnt take much disgust to flip a gerrymandered to gently caress +2 district

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Except Flynn has flipped on them. This is why so many people are suddenly available to go before congess to finally cover their asses. I agree that i don't know if this touches Trump specifically, but it reaches so many of his advisors and current appointees that I could see impeachment coming down.

The real question is how deep is Pence. From everything i've seen so far he seems clean.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2017/03/sputnik-news-white-house-press-pass-russia-236481?cmpid=sf

quote:

Russia's state news service applies for White House pass

The Russian state-owned news website Sputnik has applied for a White House hard pass and is seeking membership in the White House Foreign Press Group in order to become a part of pool rotations.

Sputnik, which Foreign Policy magazine described as the "BuzzFeed of propaganda," would be part of a rotating group of roughly 22 overseas outlets following President Donald Trump in his everyday interactions along with pool reporters from American print, TV, and radio outlets.

Andrew Feinberg, Sputnik’s White House correspondent, has been in talks with the WHFPG head Philip Crowther, who told POLITICO that if Feinberg and Sputnik complete the boilerplate criteria for being a member of the press group, there "shouldn't be any reason" they wouldn't join the White House press pool.

Among the criteria to become a WHFPG member is a White House-approved hard pass, membership in the White House Correspondents’ Association, and State Department verification that the network is, indeed, based in another country. Other state-sponsored outlets are part of the rotating foreign pool, including Crowther’s France 24 and China’s CCTV.

Sputnik is one of Russia’s government-funded news outlets aimed at international audiences. Launched in 2014, Sputnik has a goal of providing “alternative interpretations that are, undoubtedly, in demand around the world,” its head Dimitry Kiselyov said at the launch.

The site, which was formed by combining former wire services RIA Novosti and the Voice of Russia, has been criticized for being an unvarnished mouthpiece for Russian President Vladimir Putin. A poll on its site on Friday asked "In your opinion, does the mainstream media offer unbiased coverage of Crimea's reunification with Russia?”

During the 2016 U.S. election, Sputnik's coverage tended to be favorable toward Trump, sometimes in a breathless way: "Secret File Confirms Trump Claim: Obama, Hillary 'Founded ISIS' to Oust Assad," proclaimed one headline. And the network once tweeted out a Trump's statement about "crooked Hillary" along with one of his favored hashtags, #CrookedHillary. The former U.S. Ambassador to Russia under Barack Obama, Michael McFaul, has even questioned whether Sputnik and the other Russian-owned news service RT should register as foreign agents. Now though, it appears as though the Russian-controlled outlets are less rooting for Trump than reveling in the chaos and division of his early presidency.

Feinberg, a former staff member for the newspaper The Hill, joined Sputink in January. He said he also reports for Broadband Census News, which he described as a telecom trade news outlet.

Feinberg said as far as he knows, he is the first Sputnik correspondent to apply for a White House hard pass in order to be a regular presence at the White House. Feinberg said the organization is also in the process of getting Congressional press credentials for its reporters to cover Capitol Hill. Feinberg noted that TASS, the Russian News Agency, has had a hard pass for years. Feinberg said he was not sure if RIA Novosti or Voice of Russia had a White House hard pass before they became Sputnik.

An email sent to Sputnik’s press office was not immediately returned with comment.

For gently caress's sake.

AND ON TOP OF THAT:

https://twitter.com/MollyMcKew/status/845688897707364353

(source:
http://www.mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy...1:Zj6,33:16:yrj)

quote:

As I said, such cases in our relations with the US Department of State have become a bad tradition over the past few years. So, I can say in response to your question that we will make the date and format of contacts between the Russian and US foreign ministers public after we coordinate them. We won’t keep them quiet. At this point, I don’t have any information I can share with you. I can say that this visit and such contacts are possible in principle, but it would be premature to talk about timeframes.

Also, I would like to say that if the practice of leaking information that concerns not just the United States but also Russia, which has become a tradition in Washington in the past few years, continues, there will come a day when the media will publish leaks about the things that Washington asked us to keep secret, for example, things that happened during President Obama’s terms in office. Believe me, this could be very interesting information.

Our American colleagues must decide if they respect the diplomatic procedure, if they keep their word on the arrangements made between us, primarily arrangements made at their own request, or we create a few very nice surprises for each other.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Few things:

1: The Russians are not concerned about covering their tracks. They wanted everyone to know they hacked/hosed with the elections. The thought of them being able to say they bought a candidate, pushed him to a win and essentially owned the most powerful country in the world, no matter how short lived it was, is way more valuable than loving around in the dark. Its a message to the world that they can and will buy your country if you don't voluntarily surrender.

2: The fire is too big to hide.

3: The fire is so big its creating its own weather at this point. What does that mean? When a forest fire gets big enough and hot enough it creates its own wind through temperature differences, it dries out the atmosphere around it (including the brush on its edges) and essentially starts feeding its self. With this situation, they have had to break a bunch of laws trying to cover up everything that people are going to be busted on the cover up which will lead to exposure of the internal crimes.

4: Trump's team is arrogant enough to believe that they can't be charged with anything because they are rich and in charge of the country so chances are they did a poo poo job of staying out of the serious crimes and did an even shittier job of covering everything up.

5: Have you been paying attention at all during the last 65 days? These people are too loving stupid to do basic poo poo right. These dumb motherfuckers can't stand up to piss with out needing new pants.

6: THIS GUY*:

* - Was taken while health care bill was burning to the ground.

Edit:

Office Pig posted:

Some poo poo..

REALLY?

SERIOUSLY?

JFC

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 25, 2017

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
We live in the only time line where a bunch of Alex Jones fans got together to try and be the secret illuminati. Unfortunately they don't have the competency to realize the Infowars style conspiracy doesn't isn't effective for actually doing the job.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I can't help but feel like this is the greatest intel and counter intel op that Russia has ever undertaken.

Yes, worse than their atomic espionage. They've potentially delegitimized and infiltrated an entire branch of our Government, completely, and they probably own a few congress critters too. Nunes, for instance.

That's loving astonishing. It's all out in the open too for the most part apparently.

Maybe they took no action to cover their tracks because they're stupid and honestly don't believe anything was illegal. Though I seriously doubt that.

Goddamit this whole thing has been really getting under my skin.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

I can't help but feel like this is the greatest intel and counter intel op that Russia has ever undertaken.

Yes, worse than their atomic espionage. They've potentially delegitimized and infiltrated an entire branch of our Government, completely, and they probably own a few congress critters too. Nunes, for instance.

That's loving astonishing. It's all out in the open too for the most part apparently.

Maybe they took no action to cover their tracks because they're stupid and honestly don't believe anything was illegal. Though I seriously doubt that.

The revelation about the RNC working with ex-CIA who had close ties to Russia demonstrates that these people are either so stupid they warrant nothing less than removal from office mandatory euthanasia, or are traitorous bastards and warrant nothing less than removal from office and mandatory euthanasia.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
This whole poo poo show has been giving me the worst case of metaphorical blue balls I've ever had. gently caress why can't I just wake up with the headline "Entire executive branch compromised and dealing with Russians, trial and execution by hanging forthcoming."

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

psydude posted:

Trump not being directly involved but everyone else going to jail might be the best outcome. Just let him limp along ineffectively infighting with republicans might be better than pence or Ryan.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

All three.

Let me explain.

The Reds control both houses of congress also you have 1 open seat on the SC which is filled by a process of the president nominating a judge, and congress approving. So you get a Republican in the white house, knowing that congress and the President will work together. Congress gets to gut the entire social support system because they are Republicans and gently caress you. In return they let the President shut down the State Dept, end NATO, cut sanctions and generally do the will of Russia.

Remember that part about the open seat on the SC? Remember who is picking the new judge?

All 3.

Its probably the greatest undermining operation in the history of the human race. Its the Trojan horse on 12.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/sethabramson/status/845719948018302977

:catstare:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Trump's broken brain and the HFC's self-perpetuating insanity are the smallest of saving graces.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Russia can eat my rear end. Anyone connected to them needs to burn.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

I know this would be a massive development but it's also 2 degrees of speculation. It definitely does not qualify as BREAKING, so for the sake of everyone's blood pressure could we stop it with these kinds of posts?

At least link it from the source (it's only another twitter account, as another poster already did), who openly acknowledges that it's speculation

facialimpediment posted:

Edit: HOLY gently caress HOW DID I MISS THIS PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE

https://twitter.com/juliettekayyem/status/845673079611187204

Well still iffy, but I can dream.

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 25, 2017

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mike-o posted:

This whole poo poo show has been giving me the worst case of metaphorical blue balls I've ever had. gently caress why can't I just wake up with the headline "Entire executive branch compromised and dealing with Russians, trial and execution by hanging forthcoming."

:same:

Although remember that we're not even through the "100 days" yet.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'm willing to bet a lot of the people involved weren't aware of the entire scope. Little favors here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

A little levity to the thread:

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/845374472525959168

• Locked thread