Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

SleepCousinDeath posted:

only time Bo Dallas was good is when he was NXT champ

I made your post a little bit more bolievable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Excited for Babs http://www.wwe.com/videos/meet-babatunde-aiyegbusi-the-giant-of-the-wwe-performance-center

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

I made your post a little bit more bolievable.

This is also correct.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Venomous posted:

Ruby Riot'll probably be good

It's a bit of a shame but her and Kimber Lee, who are both good solid workers, are probably going to be passed quickly by the next group. Hojo, Evie and Nixon Newell all have much higher ceilings, and that's ignoring the possibility of Io Shirai.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

MotU posted:

actually it was when neville was champ and tyler breeze made a few funny jokes in promos against him and he was suddenly going ot be the next shawn michaels

And look at him now: One half of the best tag team i the world, better than Shawn Michaels

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

It's a bit of a shame but her and Kimber Lee, who are both good solid workers, are probably going to be passed quickly by the next group. Hojo, Evie and Nixon Newell all have much higher ceilings, and that's ignoring the possibility of Io Shirai.

There's Mandy and Daria too. Both are more WWE traditional WWE projects.

Aliyah is the one I am worried about. Still hasn't found her "voice" yet character and presentation wise. She's an indie wrestle plucked out of the scene prematurely facing an influx of seasoned Pros.

Will be interesting how things shake out especially if WWE Network creates a female show or if WWE launches national satellite promotions.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah Aliyah's in a rough spot. If she's capable of it she could be like Bliss and Banks starting off as awkward faces that bloom as heels.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

spudsbuckley posted:

Who was that sloppy moron woman that did the run in at the end of this weeks NXT?

Parked herself right in the way in one of the corners and made everyone else awkwardly work around her.

I feel like she was in a really tough spot. She came in to even the odds and beat up Nikki but then they also had to make sure the other faces got their final moves in, too. Would have made much more sense if she laid out Nikki and then Sanity retreated.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Phenix Rising posted:

I feel like she was in a really tough spot. She came in to even the odds and beat up Nikki but then they also had to make sure the other faces got their final moves in, too. Would have made much more sense if she laid out Nikki and then Sanity retreated.
It would have made sense to have her debut before in a match that showcased her talents to the crowd so they could be excited when they saw her run down to even the odds.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
There was a decent chant of her name (while the commentators all fell over each other to shout "who is she?!" the loudest), which is better than most new faces in NXT get. Clearly a fair chunk of the audience knew who she was.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Asuka is a better worker than Hulk Hogan ever was but at this point she's the same kind of storyline poison and no one else in the division can look good until she's defeated.
The difference between Asuka and Hogan is that there were tons of people who could have easily taken the title off Hogan and done well in the company and in NXT there's nobody at Asuka's level

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Once they get the new faces in they really need to create a tag title to give the lower level girls something to fight over while making them seem somewhat relevant.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Maria is the answer

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

The difference between Asuka and Hogan is that there were tons of people who could have easily taken the title off Hogan and done well in the company and in NXT there's nobody at Asuka's level

Eh, what I can see WWE doing about the Asuka situation is having her retain against Ember Moon, and then William Regal then comes out, talks about how he struck a deal with Daniel Bryan to have her compete in the SD Womens Title match at Mania, in exchange for vacating the women's title. Or they could just pull a Paige with her, have her show up on the RAW or SD after Mania and have her take the title there, then vacate the NXT Womens title. These also provide the bonus of letting her remain undefeated, and hyping up her undefeated streak (on a main roster show) the closer she gets to passing Goldberg.

As for the NXT Womens Title itself after that, they could put it up as a prize for the winner of the Womens Tournament, whenever that may be.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Network needs pre-merge FCW too, if only for the amazing Ambrose/Regal feud.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The live event last night reads like fun:
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/845829960983965696
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/845976506794987520

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/845798167375466498 https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/845791745342353408

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

What I find more interesting from that show:
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/845808976658878465

Sounds like somebody realised that a) only having the top rope stunner makes her somewhat of a one-trick pony, and b) performing a move of the top rope that involves landing sitting down on your rear end might not be the best move for the long-term health of your spine, especially when done 100-150 times a year.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

freud mayweather posted:

And look at him now: One half of the best tag team i the world, better than Shawn Michaels

also in a marquee match at wrestlemania vs john cena

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Germansimp posted:

Sounds like somebody realised that a) only having the top rope stunner makes her somewhat of a one-trick pony, and b) performing a move of the top rope that involves landing sitting down on your rear end might not be the best move for the long-term health of your spine, especially when done 100-150 times a year.

She has been doing other finishes on Live Events for a while now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Goddamn it, YeaOHH!

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Germansimp posted:

The old Albert-Driver?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdqYZeGCIFM&t=1191s

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
That's a killer GTS sell by Biff

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The technical term is "Fire Thunder Driver"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's the Rikishi Driver because Rikishi was the only one that had a big enough butt to do a Piledriver in WWE

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I wonder if plans were changed along the way, because this really feels like the spot Nikki should be going against Asuka for the title, and Ember was sort of rushed in after building her very slow to start. That meshes with the word I saw here or elsewhere that Sanity is fast tracked for the main roster, maybe they also want to move Asuka up but don't want to put the belt on Nikki. If they really feel like Peyton can continue to improve and feud for the belt, you could do Ember-Peyton going forward as the division is restocked from tourney competitors.

This Takeover is weird in that I am really not invested in any of the feuds, but at least there should be 2-3 really good matches on the show. I feel like there just aren't any singles men that they want to get behind and push. As much as I love Nakamura and Roode, you shouldn't have two mid to late 30's dudes feuding for the belt of your developmental promotion.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm surprised they'd let anyone do a piledriver variation at all, tbh.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The more I think about it the less certain I feel Ember will win. Especially now that they're pushing Asuka going after Goldberg's streak, and we all know how much WWE loving loves streaks these days.

They'll probably do an Omega/Okada thing where Ember's deadly protected finisher is never hit during the match, giving her an "out" for a rematch down the road.

Benne fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 27, 2017

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

sticklefifer posted:

I'm surprised they'd let anyone do a piledriver variation at all, tbh.

It probably wouldn't be appropriate for such a serious vampire character, but "can't figure out a finisher that doesn't get banned" would make a fun comedy gimmick for a bit.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JRRCXrwOEo

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Peyton is so much better than Billie at every single thing. It's not even fair.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Except for Disney villain entrance gear.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Ember is a werewolf, not a vampire.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Regal hoping they didn't find his phylactery.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
This Saturday will be Ember's big night. Time to go all the way with her as the center piece of NXT's women's division. She's the best wrestler and character in the division with probably the best finishing move in all of wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dont even fink about it posted:

Regal hoping they didn't find his phylactery.

It's contained in the video with the Tom Magee/Bret Hart match locked away in Dave Meltzer's shed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/taymelo_wwe/status/846831525270204416 Melo is a black belt in judo and a blue belt in Brazilian jujitsu.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm happy to see I'm not the only guy that thought she looked like a local pop singer, according to her Twitter.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Christy Olsen formerly of Afterbuzz TV got a FCW name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I mean if that's what you want to call that naming style

• Locked thread