Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Superman is inherently fascist, he's a celebration of triumph over humanity

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I am the most fun at parties, let me tell you

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

I am the most fun at parties, let me tell you
you sound like a perfectly normal person, there is nothing good in circlejerk of fictional fascists and vigilantes

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

ah, so it looks like a comic book movie

even once that is taken into account

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

batman and the trailer that wouldn't end

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Pirate Radar posted:

Superman is inherently fascist, he's a celebration of triumph over humanity

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are all inherently fascist, but each character emphasizes a different strain of American mainstream fascism. Superman is the belief in racial supremacy, Batman is the belief in material wealth freeing you from any moral fetters and Wonder Woman is the concept of America being divinely appointed to rule the world, i.e. Manifest Destiny.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Superman is a member of the Free press.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Randler posted:

They also get the White Power demographic by including Wonder Woman.

Also, they're doing the ~shared universe~ thing, so Superman is dead from that Synder movie.

i haven't watched a DC movie since The Dark Knight, or a marvel one since uuuuuh Captain America 2, i think

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Superman is a member of the Free press.

So is Steve Bannon.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the gently caress is a lobster roll

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
sandwich with lobster meat

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

sandwich with lobster meat

i take this

is just an american portion of it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

thanks steam, 10 messages out of which 5 were "oops sorry"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i take this

is just an american portion of it

lobsters are dirt cheap right? so sure, just use the whole thing in the roll

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lobsters are dirt cheap right? so sure, just use the whole thing in the roll
i honestly have no idea. ive never really had any kind of fancy seafood (read: only eaten sea fish that made it to local grocers or pr restaurants)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

looking at the prices in latvia, it appears to cost $12/pound pre-tax here, which is mind-bogglingly expensive for most people, and apparently you have to actively hunt for it in artisanal food stores in the capital

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

looking at the prices in latvia, it appears to cost $12/pound pre-tax here, which is mind-bogglingly expensive for most people, and apparently you have to actively hunt for it in artisanal food stores in the capital

googling around, in maine it's about 8 bucks a pound (new england is where lobster rolls are mostly sold), i have no clue if thats expensive or not, i've never had lobster anywhere

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Are lobsters even a thing in Europe? Everything I read about lobsters culinary history seems so focussed on the United States, that I just assumed that, much like the Zweibeiniges Amerikanisches Fressschwein, it was a creature which only inhabitates North America.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Are lobsters even a thing in Europe? Everything I read about lobsters culinary history seems so focussed on the United States, that I just assumed that, much like the Zweibeiniges Amerikanisches Fressschwein, it was a creature which only inhabitates North America.
it may or may not be consolation to you that alternative term for lobsters in latvian technically is sea cancer

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also no idea, im not sure if ive seen them in latvia as such. the ones i was able to find in an online store here were marked as canadian lobsters

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Also, in case anybody wonders how a Zweibeiniges Amerikanisches Fressschwein looks, here's a link.

(Spoilered, because they're really gross.)

TURN OFF YOUR MONITOR

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

capitalism in action http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/local/tennessee/2017/03/24/tdot-bills-loudon-county-girl-guardrail-killed-her/99461130/

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

googling around, in maine it's about 8 bucks a pound (new england is where lobster rolls are mostly sold), i have no clue if thats expensive or not, i've never had lobster anywhere

Maine is where most of the lobster for the entire country is caught, so prices are the lowest there. It depends on how you buy it. $20 will feed two people if you get one from a grocery store tank, but usually the only place you'll see it is at fancy restaurants where you're going to be spending $8 on a glass of water too.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

http://roachpatrol.tumblr.com/post/142415500362/zionistmooncolony-fromchaostocosmos-when

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

drat, my parents are watching rogue one and i still havent seen it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

In early American history lobster was considered garbage food fit only for poor people and prisoners

Then rich tourists from NY and D.C. were fooled into thinking it was a delicacy and the price skyrocketed

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

drat, my parents are watching rogue one and i still havent seen it

It's good

Rhesus Pieces posted:

In early American history lobster was considered garbage food fit only for poor people and prisoners

Then rich tourists from NY and D.C. were fooled into thinking it was a delicacy and the price skyrocketed

Also caviar. Until it was overfished and became rare

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
crab is better, anyhow

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im becoming increasingly intrigued to watch rogue one, since apparently my dad cant even be bothered to finish watching it

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

I was told it was Star Wars. Now I don't know what to believe.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I was told it was Star Wars. Now I don't know what to believe.
do you want to get even more confused? read my previous post. my dad's favourite scifi movie is battlefield earth

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3apOSxRdl50

cinci zoo sniper posted:

my dad's favourite scifi movie is battlefield earth

:dogbuttonpressingevenmoredogbuttons:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

do you want to get even more confused? read my previous post. my dad's favourite scifi movie is battlefield earth

is he a scientologist

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Hrm, maybe they should have casted Charlize Theron instead of Scarlett Johansson as the Major?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

is he a scientologist
im not sure if there is even a single latvian latvian scientologist

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

im not sure if there is even a single latvian latvian scientologist

there is apparently a scientology group of some sort in riga

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

there is apparently a scientology group of some sort in riga
oh well, that dumpster fire of a city state is the right place for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

also no idea, im not sure if ive seen them in latvia as such. the ones i was able to find in an online store here were marked as canadian lobsters sea potatoes

• Locked thread