Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Endorph posted:

ive decided they should put nier automata in super robot wars

Also get Yoko taro to write the script

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Super Fantasy Wars, starring Drakengard, Slayers, Berserk, Lodoss War and more!
thatd be badass actually

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Super Fantasy Wars, starring Drakengard, Slayers, Berserk, Lodoss War and more!

MAP'ing everything as Lina Inverse would be the a childhood dream come true, i'm down

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Mazinger Zero :stare:

God calling Kouji up and going "Sup. I'm the Plot. Just have Mazinger Zero, because I think it'll be funny." is exactly why I play Super Robot Wars.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
So, do we know what are the requirements for Jill? I assume it's like take the route she's on and then have a certain amount of kills between the Cross Ange characters?

I just got her and this is what I had:

I have 4 Cross Ange aces (Ange regular ace and Hilda, Rosalie and Chris were G-aces) and took out the Theodora while having Hilda and Rosalie attack it (Rosalie got last hit).

Then I took down Cleopatra with a last hit from Jill on the turn Salia showed up. Afterwards, Embryo tried to shoot Jill instead of Salia in the dialog section and Salia saved Jill instead of the other way around when you don't get Jill. (Saw it in a video).

Decided to let Jill get the last hit on Embryo. :getin:

Sucks she only has two attacks.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Ashsaber posted:

This is an amazing thing I did not know and now need to take advantage of from here on.

Note that it doesn't apply to Gain (because you gain some XP even if you don't kill them, and it'll multiply that). But it's still convenient.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Supremezero posted:

I kind of want to point out that if you'd led with Sun Attack, you'd probably have been fine, analyse or not, since it has Armor Down, so all attacks after would've done more damage.

No, the bigger problem was actually getting peopel all the way across the map in time, Banjo only even got there thanks to Boost Dash + Multi Action and the ExC Laser. I didn't have anyone that could do a support attack, and Valor isn't online by that point. And the boss retreats below 10k. So it was very close, thankfully Lottie and Chitose hit him just right to put him a little above 10k.

I guess I technically had another turn, but i wasn't sure if it was the mission that has a mistranslated SR Point that read as though you had one more turn than you actually did.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Supposedly the patch fixed all the SR point mistranslations, so you should be good to go with no worries from now on.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
This is my favorite line.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It looks like the translation is legit good and fun to read and I almost want to buy the Singapore version someday to see it. I've never played a SRW game with an English translation of any kind.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Samurai Sanders posted:

It looks like the translation is legit good and fun to read and I almost want to buy the Singapore version someday to see it. I've never played a SRW game with an English translation of any kind.

It has one or two typos and hiccups in places where different editors might have been handling different parts of the script, but on the whole is as good as you see above. It's fantastic.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

thatd be badass actually

Yeah, I played myself here. I want it.

Also with Masski, who should have turned left at Albuquerque.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
The most common mistakes seems to pronouns so sometimes it isn't clear who they are talking about. I honestly haven't noticed the typos since Amuro saying "dong" instead of "doing." The most glaring issue as far as I can tell is they screwed up Chris's dialog in one of the routes and she has text for a different character's line's.

I am really happy with how this script is easy to follow and understand. In Moon Dwellers I was completely lost.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I saw Gaine say 'Yu' instead of 'You' at one point. But it's almost entirely minor typoes rather than outright bizarre translations. Or the very stiff translations MD got.

Chitose and Nine remain adorably the best.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, I ran into one stage where literally every pilot had a type when announcing their attack which was fun but its usually minor stuff like missing a letter or a pronoun.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
A very good translation that sadly suffers from being done on a cellphone.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
so the English translation is good and its the play-asia link in the OP right? Played OG1 and 2 on the GBA and thats it but I loved the games

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Tetsuya sometimes calls the General Blaster the General Booster in the subs and I'm pretty sure its Shin Liger not Shin Rygar but maybe its been that all along and every translation of Getter Robo G has been wrong. Pronouns, a "the" or "and" in the wrong place, the occasional missing "not" and Nubel Tokio are the main ones. Other than Nubel Tokio and pronouns sometimes making it tricky to figure out who someone is talking about a lot of the mistakes are ones that you autopilot fix in your brain as you read. I think there were 3 times with the wrong person being the active text box.

All in all its a really good translation that even has English idioms (and Chinese ones in the Chinese language versions), they only tried once to do an Izumi pun which is a noble effort to be honest because holy moly thats a disaster. They even patched the wrong SR points! I'd like them to do the skill parts and Tac Custom ones that are wrong too, but I honestly wasn't even expecting the patch we got. Hopefully they all have at least this quality from now on!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

EthanSteele posted:

and I'm pretty sure its Shin Liger not Shin Rygar but maybe its been that all along and every translation of Getter Robo G has been wrong.

I think I've seen it translated both ways with about equal regularity.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this translation is better than a lot of actually us released translations from the past year. it flows really well and all the characters have a distinct voice.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Endorph posted:

this translation is better than a lot of actually us released translations from the past year. it flows really well and all the characters have a distinct voice.

yeah comparing this to, say, dragonball xenoverse 2 is like night and day

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Having hit stage 22 now, I'm wondering: should I save up my Tac points or kinda splurge on stuff that could be immediately useful (good factory parts, skills like concentration)? I've got like 5-6k right now, so I could get a few.

I'm actually liking and actively using (a third of) the Cross Ange crew, surprisingly. Mostly Vivian and Salia besides Ange, if only because Commander and cheap haze. Also because apparently a secret may be tied to their combined kill count?

Mostly I'm just doing what I feel like and still getting all the skill points so far. This game is pretty goddamn fun.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ashsaber posted:

Having hit stage 22 now, I'm wondering: should I save up my Tac points or kinda splurge on stuff that could be immediately useful (good factory parts, skills like concentration)? I've got like 5-6k right now, so I could get a few.

I'm actually liking and actively using (a third of) the Cross Ange crew, surprisingly. Mostly Vivian and Salia besides Ange, if only because Commander and cheap haze. Also because apparently a secret may be tied to their combined kill count?

Mostly I'm just doing what I feel like and still getting all the skill points so far. This game is pretty goddamn fun.

If you haven't bought all the Tac Point Cusomtize levels, do that first. Then you should probably start picking up parts from the Factory, and maybe some skill programs, like Hit and Run for your Battleships.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Ashsaber posted:

If you mean a secret character, I didn't use Salia at all and had Hilda, Rosalie, Chris above 80 kills each and Ange was at a little over 60. Vivian was close to 45 I think.

Not sure if there is anything else, but I did all the Cross Ange routes and got the secret character.

PS, Hilda is the best. (I like Rosalie and Chris more but Hilda is still the best).

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 28, 2017

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Okay, one thing has bugged me about Salia being interested in magical girl anime. I know that it's because her voice actress was a Pretty Cure or something (never watched it so I don't know the official term) but...why aren't Ange and Hilda into magical girl anime, since they're voiced by Nana Mizuki and Yukari Tamura? Hell, I'm still certain that's the entire reason the two end up loving each other, least in V. Not sure how it went in Cross Ange, but after V, I need something like Might Gaine to help me through it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm pretty sure Cross Ange ends with just Ange and Tusk since even in V after Hilda's confession it never really comes up again while Tusk keeps playing a love interest role in later cutscenes.

Having not seen the show though, that's mostly conjecture. Trying to reverse engineer what actually happened in a lot of these shows is fun since I've seen literally none of them except Eva.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Inferno-sama posted:

Okay, one thing has bugged me about Salia being interested in magical girl anime. I know that it's because her voice actress was a Pretty Cure or something (never watched it so I don't know the official term) but...why aren't Ange and Hilda into magical girl anime, since they're voiced by Nana Mizuki and Yukari Tamura? Hell, I'm still certain that's the entire reason the two end up loving each other, least in V. Not sure how it went in Cross Ange, but after V, I need something like Might Gaine to help me through it.

Pretty Cure's a bigger deal, I suppose. (Ignore that Nana's also been a Pretty Cure)

Besides, Yukari was a French Giant Robot long before she was a magical girl. And has probably been in more Mechas than Magical Girls.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 28, 2017

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I wish they would bring back TV Eva, or just mix it into Rebuild and just end on End of Evangelion so Komm, süsser Tod can be included in the game again and I don't feel like I'm just forcing it in there. (I made it the background music for the first objective of Wake up, Time to Die and then for Come the Messenger).

We could also have then have the original Sixth angel and have a water level for Getter 3 to shine.

Also, do Misato and Mao ever go drinking together? Felt like that was missing in Z3 and it's missing in this one too.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I wish they would bring back TV Eva, or just mix it into Rebuild and just end on End of Evangelion so Komm, süsser Tod can be included in the game again and I don't feel like I'm just forcing it in there. (I made it the background music for the first objective of Wake up, Time to Die and then for Come the Messenger).

Thanks for reminding me that I need Tamashii Refrain as the awakened unit 1 theme right now.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ZuljinRaynor posted:

We could also have then have the original Sixth angel and have a water level for Getter 3 to shine.

Also, do Misato and Mao ever go drinking together? Felt like that was missing in Z3 and it's missing in this one too.

That was my idea for how to handle Rebuild, only use the first two movies then fill in the rest using stuff from the show that got skipped over and End of Evangelion(one of the fun parts was thinking up what stuff would be added to the UN strike force attacking NERV, since I had Sym-Bionic Titan on my series list, it made perfect sense to have The HMER be part of it)

I'll admit thinking up hypothetical SRW rosters is one of my favorite activities

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Do you think if they recast Excellen, it'll be a cute in-joke like getting the Fourth Hokage's wife?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

salia's va was a pretty cure and sayaka in madoka magica, which gives her double magical girl points

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Ryoga posted:

Thanks for reminding me that I need Tamashii Refrain as the awakened unit 1 theme right now.

Right, how do you do this again? I saw instructions saying to put a folder named SRWMUSIC on a thumbdrive, and then import them into the game, but my attempt to put the AP version of You get the burning in didn't detect anything. But now I want to do that as well, and stick a magical girl-esq track on Salia (and possibly others). The last one I feel actually fits SRW pretty well as a theme.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Zore posted:

I'm pretty sure Cross Ange ends with just Ange and Tusk since even in V after Hilda's confession it never really comes up again while Tusk keeps playing a love interest role in later cutscenes.

Having not seen the show though, that's mostly conjecture. Trying to reverse engineer what actually happened in a lot of these shows is fun since I've seen literally none of them except Eva.

Last thing I remember in the game was Tusk and Hilda bickering over her post-confession and I got the sense that the game was trying to posit them as rivals on equal standing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I feel bad every time I blow up a Zaku III. They're like a museum piece.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I bet they could get good money for selling their antique museum pieces.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Also, I gotta say I really don't like the new UI sound effects in V. They all are really shrill compared to the ones in Alpha, OG or Z.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Okay just finished the route split with cross ange and MAN are the outfits for the cross ange people are dumb. I usually like pilot cut ins, but I hate the ange one's because I have to see their stupid goggles/visors and nonsensical outfits.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Did Fa get screwed out of a cut in again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So, finally on the True Route, just got Full Frontal, and went to upgrade him so he's on par with everyone else.

And the Neo Zeong has like 180 Mobility.

That's about the same as any of the Gundams.

Except the Neo Zeong is 2L. And Full Frontal comes with 3 loving ranks of Ignore Size, and about the same Evade as a normal gundam pilot.

So this battleship sized Mobile Armor is going to dodge about as well as a gundam.

Or it was, until I slapped on three Haros and upgraded Full Frontal's Space rank to S because I could. Plus his Ace Bonus gives him level 9 Newtype, which literally no one (at least for me) has gotten. Now it's going to be a Godzilla sized robot that dodges literally everything.

Full Frontal where have you been all game :allears:

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 29, 2017

• Locked thread