Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

But if there's one thing we know about Alford, it's that he is a man of great integrity, surely he would never lie!

He might actually stay, but, seriously, how does anyone still take this sort of thing seriously? It's what basically every coach says right before they leave.

Probably because they're entirely different situations.

Also...no they don't? I mean this a pretty blunt statement and his agent seconded it. Typically these things are a lot more wishy-washy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

gvibes posted:

No, not at all. But I don't know anything in college basketball that happened before maybe 2002.

I think the first Rush brother was either the top prospect or really close to it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

I think the first Rush brother was either the top prospect or really close to it.

If I remember right the first Rush brother was the alcoholic though, so...yeah.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Credible sources say Indiana is in advanced talks with Archie Miller.

:shrug:

E: 7 year contract, could be signed today.

E2: official. Archie Miller will be the next head coach of the Indiana Hoosiers.

Hello Towel fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 25, 2017

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Hello Towel posted:

E2: official. Archie Miller will be the next head coach of the Indiana Hoosiers.

Not mad at it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yeah that's actually a good hire for IU. Miller has done a great job at Dayton.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
My sources are reporting Steve Alford to Indiana is a DONE DEAL

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I hope Alford is very sad right now. :unsmith:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Good job Glass, bad news for my Buckeyes with Matta half-retired and Miller the supposed successor, but that's a good hire.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nolan Arenado posted:

This would make it much better

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hello Towel posted:

This is very good and I am very pleased.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/kofieyeboah/status/845432947532595201

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Nolan Arenado posted:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It didn't take long for the hot takes beat writers to complain about the SI for Kids reporter asking Frank Martin a question.

https://twitter.com/dcaraviello/status/845503908944470016

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Good for Archie, good for Indiana.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

It didn't take long for the hot takes beat writers to complain about the SI for Kids reporter asking Frank Martin a question.

rear end in a top hat alarm

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Eltoasto posted:

Wasn't Frank Martin an earlier game

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

This is a good public service you have done

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I'm glad Indiana didn't hire a Marshall or a Bennett or whatever. I am somewhat indifferent to Miller.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I was actually hoping for the worst outcome possible for Indiana and this isn't it. gently caress.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

gvibes posted:

I'm glad Indiana didn't hire a Marshall or a Bennett or whatever. I am somewhat indifferent to Miller.

I think he's a pretty good coach, but Indiana was always going to end up with a pretty good coach.

You should obviously be wishing they hired Alford, but we all were.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a friend who is a huge Dayton fan and I'd describe his mood as an animal that crawled into the woods to accept death's sweet embrace.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I think Archie Miller is a good coach and all, but I wouldn't exactly be thrilled if I were a Hoosier fan.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Mahoning posted:

I think Archie Miller is a good coach and all, but I wouldn't exactly be thrilled if I were a Hoosier fan.

To be honest, I'm not thrilled. He's not a home run hire. But I'm happy that we got someone at least acceptable and I'm looking forward to seeing how it shakes out.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Grittybeard posted:

I think he's a pretty good coach, but Indiana was always going to end up with a pretty good coach.

You should obviously be wishing they hired Alford, but we all were.

Yep yep. I like Mack better too, but I don't know if he was a realistic option.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

I have a friend who is a huge Dayton fan and I'd describe his mood as an animal that crawled into the woods to accept death's sweet embrace.

He had to know this day would come eventually since 2014.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

welcome to the big ten, the millers
http://www.csnchicago.com/big-ten/archie-millers-wife-ripped-northwestern-twitter-some-reason-after-cats-beat-dayton

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

kiimo posted:

rear end in a top hat alarm

I think most people don't need that alarm with Frank Martin

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

MourningView posted:

Jaron Rush was a goddamn KC area legend in high school. Plenty of people around here will tell you he's the best player they ever saw at that level. He shattered a backboard on a dunk as a senior. His recruitment led to some serious bitterness between Roy and the Rush family which is one reason I think Kareem ended up at KU. Pretty funny that years later after KU got Self we ended up with Brandon.

But yeah, Jaron was the best prospect of the three. Too bad he liked to get drunk at halftime of UCLA games.

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
The end of the Florida game called by Mick Hubert.

https://vimeo.com/210017140

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Note: gently caress Kansas.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Nolan Arenado posted:

Note: gently caress Kansas.
I gotta say, it was a good day.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kentucky has the absolute worst, most obnoxious and smug fans ever, much worse than Duke, buuuuuut Fox has that Carmelo Anthony/Kemba Walker vibe going on right now that shows him to be unstoppable.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
You're pretty terrible in your own right too, but I'd never call you worse than a Duke fan

Re: game tomorrow. For whatever reason, I've not been a huge fan of this team over the half of the season. I think compared to other Calipari teams at Kentucky this was feels different for whatever reason. Kinda annoys me that I can't out my finger on it. I wouldn't be surprised from any outcome ranging between winning a close game to getting beat by 10-15 and never really being in it once UNC got up. Although, I thought they would lose to UCLA again and they proved me wrong.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 26, 2017

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Probably Magic posted:

Kentucky has the absolute worst, most obnoxious and smug fans ever, much worse than Duke, buuuuuut Fox has that Carmelo Anthony/Kemba Walker vibe going on right now that shows him to be unstoppable.
You're probably right, but Drew Curtis of Fark.com is a huge Kentucky fan and he hates Duke... so UK gets a pass in my book. That said, they have to lose because I picked UNC.

Come on Tarheels, I know I wanted to sink your state into the ocean but that was a long time ago.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

To be fair, I didn't go to school with Duke fans as a kid, so it's probably sample bias.

Really do think my initial impressions of this year that Kentucky was going to win it are going to pan out, though. Never should've been wowed by Villanova as much as I did as the season went on.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Probably Magic posted:

To be fair, I didn't go to school with Duke fans as a kid, so it's probably sample bias.

Really do think my initial impressions of this year that Kentucky was going to win it are going to pan out, though. Never should've been wowed by Villanova as much as I did as the season went on.

I wish I felt the same. If I were betting on the game, I'd take UNC at the current spread. *shrugs*

Duke fans were terrible growing up and my brother in law is one and it's the loving worst.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/LawrenceKS_PD/status/845829531059523584

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

NWA was right, gently caress the police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Last time Oregon made the final four, Germany invaded Poland five months later and started World War 2.

I dunno if you guys pay attention to current events but thanks for World War 3, Oregon.

• Locked thread