Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Gyro controls a lot better with sensitivity at max and a second hour under my belt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Quidthulhu posted:

Why does a squid kid drown in the water

The greatest Splatoon mystery

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm a member of the dWo

Dualies World Order

fo' lyfe

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Lots of hanging out in lobbies this time around only got 3 full games

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you're not rolling dirty then :getout:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Seriously a joycon in each hand makes gyro aiming much easier for people in Splatoon 2

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Is this the only game mode for retail, or will there be more?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I wanted to try out joycon mode but all I get is communication errors partway through a game.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Kashuno posted:

Lots of hanging out in lobbies this time around only got 3 full games

Quit out of lobbies that don't fill.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm having no problems playing the testfire, but a buddy of mine is over and keeps getting connection errors in the middle of matches.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

There will be more

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Quidthulhu posted:

Ranked in Splatoon 1 had three more modes and I liked them all more than turf war. poo poo gets intense.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like tower control

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think I'm actually getting pretty good at this game!

Name is Kirios in case you see me on there. Just got a 11-0 w/ 1906 points!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheMammoth posted:

"Being able to hold your hands still like a normal human being." Wow. Sorry, you must never have heard of Parkinson's, MS? Muscular dystrophy? Just hold your hands still, you non-human. Or you don't get to participate in video games. Nintendo has actually done a really respectable job of ensuring that players who may not be able to interact with a game in a specific way can still enjoy it through other control schemes without detriment to the community. The Switch is the first console since the original launch Wii that I have seen a whole group of people come around and play. It's awesome. Your attitude is not.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was calling it out as ableist.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I feel like hockey jersey is the pro tier choice for Splatoon.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I figured out my magic settings: pro controller, -2 sensitivity tilt, -1 sensitivity stick.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Never played Splatoon 1 and I regret that now because I don't think I can give up the joycons

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Deltron 3030 posted:

Get ready for some splatting! I'll try motion controls this time, but apologies if you end up on Hoff38's team because I will probably be bad at first

Huh. Turns out I won like 80% and was often the top score on my team. Consider me a motion controls convert.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Gimbal lock posted:

I figured out my magic settings: pro controller, -2 sensitivity tilt, -1 sensitivity stick.

I dropped my sensitivity on tilt to -1 and did SIGNIFICANTLY better. This was the hour where it finally clicked for me.

I was also becoming really mobile w/ dualies, learning to stick back and stealth strike people. Combined with the hockey puck bomb that glides in a line, it was loving great. Want more of that!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Oh, that's good stuff. Splatoon is the only shooter where I ever get over 1 k/d.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I definitely need practice but it seems the dualies are my best shot because they are similar mindset to playing Tracer in Overwatch. Paint roller is really foreign to me and I'm awful at splatting people with it, and the expert gap is pretty large for me since I don't really play controller shooters, and the gyro controls are different in Zelda. If I could get some single player experience to get the controls down pat I think I'll really enjoy this, since before I only got to try it a few times on the Wii U at a friend's place.

Super excited though, this shooter is really something and with some time I think I'll really love it.

I really like dualies though, once I learned to roll properly you can really deny people kills on you and get away without needing ink superiority.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
They didn't put a bucket in the demo this is the worst

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

parallelodad posted:

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was calling it out as ableist.

Is it ableist that a game meant to pit your dexterity against other people might not work out too well against people whose hand dexterity is completely shot (regardless of its reasons)?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kashuno posted:

trislosher lyfe

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Blazing Zero posted:

trislosher lyfe

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, that's good stuff. Splatoon is the only shooter where I ever get over 1 k/d.

That hour, I had some of my best ever matches in a shooter, and I'm usually pretty mediocre at them. This is the first time where I'm somewhat bummed to go back to Zelda (that'll pass in like 3 minutes, tops). Splatoon 2 is a tremendously fun game.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kashuno posted:

They're lulling people into a false sense of security. That's right, duck behind that wall, where you're perfectly safe. For now.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
To whoever was having trouble resetting the zero point in handheld mode:

We were both partially right. You can reset the zero point for the y axis, but only within a limited range. So if you have it pointing too high up or down, it won't fully reset. The range is decently far, I think it still reset properly for me at about or almost holding the Switch vertical, but if you were trying to do a higher angle than that it looks like it doesn't work at all.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Thread posted:

ableist

The Nintendo Switch thread has once again demonstrated an uncanny ability to transform into the weirdest arguments ever

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Lets stop having a really dumb ableist discussion and instead talk about how cool Splatoon 2 is

Because it is

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I dunno if I wanna pay full price for it

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

lets switch to this idea: splatoon 2? ayy mami its good

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

ethanol posted:

ill send you my copy when im done playing

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If Overwatch is worth 60 dollars Splatoon 2 surely is.

Razer K
Oct 19, 2012

Eaten by a Yoshi
So got into a few matches for the testfire, first time playing Splatoon, and wow this game can not come out fast enough.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ethanol posted:

It'll probably have an amazing campaign like 1 did. 1's was like Mario Galaxy with guns.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

That hour, I had some of my best ever matches in a shooter, and I'm usually pretty mediocre at them. This is the first time where I'm somewhat bummed to go back to Zelda (that'll pass in like 3 minutes, tops). Splatoon 2 is a tremendously fun game.

Yeah same, I was having some really positive k/d games, best was 7/1 with dualies. But boy howdy, when you get a really good player that played Splatoon, I get outclassed HARD.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kirios posted:

Lets stop having a really dumb ableist discussion and instead talk about how cool Splatoon 2 is

Because it is

Using dumb to mean something bad or undesirable is ableist language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

It'll probably have an amazing campaign like 1 did. 1's was like Mario Galaxy with guns.

No way they don't include a single player, I legit need shooting practice because of how different this game is from normal shooters to play.

And yeah single player is confirmed, it's set two years after the first campaign.

• Locked thread