Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

absolutely anything posted:

All of DotEmu's Neo Geo releases are poorly emulated garbage piles with awful frame pacing, input lag and sound issues

Got any proof of this? I haven't seen a single instance of any of that, atleast with NTM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Empress Brosephine posted:

Got any proof of this? I haven't seen a single instance of any of that, atleast with NTM.

http://coolgreat.website/post/155770371870/why-dotemu-has-me-worried-about-windjammers-on-the

e: just before it comes up i got the exact same reports about the turf masters phone port but chose to omit it from the article and focus on the steam releases, which are just ports of the phone versions anyway

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 23, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I figured that was the case with shooters and metal slug, but NTM is perfectly fine.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Maybe people prefer to buy games on their games consoles rather than their phones also.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

irlZaphod posted:

Maybe people prefer to buy games on their games consoles rather than their phones also.

Oh for sure I just suggested the phone to try it because it's $3 instead of $8 if you don't know you like it. Or get it on android play a few minutes to see if you like it and if you don't / do refund it and get it on Switch

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Empress Brosephine posted:

I figured that was the case with shooters and metal slug, but NTM is perfectly fine.

the issues didn't just disappear because it's a golf game dude. a quick two second youtube search shows the same music issues at the absolute least. frame pacing problems are harder to pick out via video unless it's specifically trying to show it and input lag is impossible but if they didn't fix the audio they sure as poo poo didn't fix any of the other stuff

and that's just from looking at a video and has nothing to do with all the other people that aren't you saying it has these issues

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

absolutely anything posted:

the issues didn't just disappear because it's a golf game dude. a quick two second youtube search shows the same music issues at the absolute least. frame pacing problems are harder to pick out via video unless it's specifically trying to show it and input lag is impossible but if they didn't fix the audio they sure as poo poo didn't fix any of the other stuff

and that's just from looking at a video and has nothing to do with all the other people that aren't you saying it has these issues

This is the first in hearing of it and even a google and YouTube search for "bad port" or "issues" and "slowdown" returns like 0 searches so...?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

thexerox123 posted:

Hehe, is this a Monster Factory reference?

Now I want to rewatch the Daz episode.

Yep. I was rewatching it today after hearing about Neo Turf Master coming out.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is neo turf masters on Wii U VC? I don't have a switch but you guys are making me want to try the game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is neo turf masters on Wii U VC? I don't have a switch but you guys are making me want to try the game.
It was on Wii VC.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm for sure buying Turf Masters when I get home. Perfect switch game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ChaosArgate posted:

Can I play Neo Turf Masters' two-player mode with the two joycons that come with the system?

You should be able to. If you scroll down the eShop listing it always shows which setups are compatible.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Whatever the problem was on the EU web shop interface, it seems to be fixed. I was just able to buy Blaster Master Zero. :getin: It says that it won't start downloading until my Switch is woken from sleep mode though. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ugh, that's like the exact opposite of how that should work.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Ugh, that's like the exact opposite of how that should work.
Yeah it really is, it's strange though because both WiiU and 3DS can download things in Sleep mode. :confused: But in those cases you have to trigger the download from the eShop on the system. Although the 3DS downloads System Updates in sleep mode iirc. I hope it's something they add later.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's weird is for me Blaster Master Zero seemed to download early anyway and was already on my system when I woke it up, but every other game I've bought online hasn't downloaded until I woke the system.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

While at work, I bought Metal Slug on the web eShop, but once I got home, nothing seemed to trigger the download until I logged onto the system's eShop and activated it manually. Which kinda defeats the point. It's not pressing, but hopefully they fix up how it works.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Supercar Gautier posted:

While at work, I bought Metal Slug on the web eShop, but once I got home, nothing seemed to trigger the download until I logged onto the system's eShop and activated it manually. Which kinda defeats the point. It's not pressing, but hopefully they fix up how it works.

It seems like the Switch just kinda does what it wants. I bought Shovel Knight through the webpage while I was at work, and it was already downloaded when I got home and woke up the console.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It works on the Wii U, so I imagine they'll make it work on the switch

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Anyone playing Blaster Master Zero with a pro controller? I have a weird situation where it seems like there's no dead zone in the analogue stick, so that if I let go of the stick, when it returns to the center, it makes me face the opposite direction. Like, if I hold left on the stick and then let go, when it returns to the middle it has me facing right.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I haven't hosed with the options but I played two player last night and I had to use my Pro Controller and my girlfriend had to use the two JoyCons with the grip.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fremry posted:

Anyone playing Blaster Master Zero with a pro controller? I have a weird situation where it seems like there's no dead zone in the analogue stick, so that if I let go of the stick, when it returns to the center, it makes me face the opposite direction. Like, if I hold left on the stick and then let go, when it returns to the middle it has me facing right.

Yeah it pretty much does that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Here's a tip for the Neo Geo games.
If you scale the visuals to 150 you seem to get a perfect integer, so for sacrificing a tiny bit of screen space, the pixels and scanlines are even.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So there's a sale on indie games on at least the EU eShop. Among them Xeodrifter which I have understood to be a Metroidvania which is always my jam, is it actually good? And Picross e7 is on sale too so I guess it's time for me to disappear down the Picross hole again. Especially since I need to pick up e6 too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Xeodrifter is not a great game no, it's incredibly simplistic and has like one boss it reuses a bunch of times, it's closer to an early NES game than like Super Metroid or anything.

I think Axiom Verge is in that sale which would be a much better pick, even if I don't personally rate it that highly.

E: forget the last bit if you're only after 3DS games, sorry.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'mma skip Xeodrifter then, it's not like I not already have like sixty unplayed games lying around. Axiom Verge I got back when it was released on Wii U so yeah. I can recommend that to people.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Beastie posted:

I haven't hosed with the options but I played two player last night and I had to use my Pro Controller and my girlfriend had to use the two JoyCons with the grip.

Multiplayer works with two joycons, you just have to go into the controller menu from the home menu and set the two joycons as separate controllers.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

That's good to know. Now I don't have to drag my pro controller to work for the lunch tournaments we have.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fremry posted:

I think that's a controller issue. If you're holding the stick all the way in one direction and just abruptly let go, it'll sometimes rebound a touch to the opposite direction past center. Kinda a pain in the rear end in Binding of Isaac any time you have a charge shot, because I'll charge it to fire in one direction expecting a blast in that direction but nope! Behind me.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I generally find the d-pad a much better choice for firing in Isaac than the stick.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I haven't noticed any issues like that in about 20 hours of Isaac while using the Pro controller but there is a white, plastic powder building up on the inner curves of the two analog sticks. I switched to the face buttons because I don't want to wear down the right analog stick. Reminds me of the gray residue left over when the N64 stick was wearing down too much.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nintendo: we still don't get how joysticks, the Internet, or connecting with others on the internet works

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Didn't they like invent the analog stick

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Probably, but they sure didn't perfect it. Remember we're just a single generation away from 8-way notched joystick housings from Nintendo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Probably, but they sure didn't perfect it. Remember we're just a single generation away from 8-way notched joystick housings from Nintendo.

Why did they get rid of those? Those were great.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They were terrible sorry bout your opinions.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Strongly disagree, notched analogue sticks are vastly superior.

heads up for anyone interested in Urban Trial Freestyle 2 on 3DS, you can get a 20% pre launch discount on mynintendo- not sure if that offer will still be available after it releases the end of this month.
The first game was multiplatform but had the most success on 3DS, so the sequel is a 3DS exclusive. And this time around you can share custom courses

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Yay reduced ace attorney games on 3DS eshop!

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

KennyMan666 posted:

And Picross e7 is on sale too so I guess it's time for me to disappear down the Picross hole again. Especially since I need to pick up e6 too.

Yeah, I only have the first of the e games and I never completed it because I'm terrible at extra mode because I need the game to beat me over the head when I'm wrong so I know where not to put things but I'll grab e7 for some more puzzlin' fun anyway while it's a couple bucks off.

Also gonna grab Weapon Shop de Omasse 'cause its mix of rhythm and comedy look right up my alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Box of Bunnies posted:

Also gonna grab Weapon Shop de Omasse 'cause its mix of rhythm and comedy look right up my alley.

I wouldn't bother. That game starts off charming enough but it's gameplay really doesn't have enough going for it to sustain it in the long run.